/xgg/ - Xenogames General #116 - NG+ SOON

USE SPOILER TAGS
Please note that Veeky Forums Rule #3 is being enforced.

========== Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ==========
>XBC2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XBC game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/whyaLFk0

>XBC2 Advanced FAQ (Tips, Combat, Quests, Misc, early/mid game and late game separated)
pastebin.com/xr0dT5mq

>XBC2 Blade combo elemental charts
i.imgur.com/JUWNMOw.jpg

>XBC2 Info Doc. Please help contribute
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKrSAAi_sj8xpt7t8s1JGMRUh4O-e7MxAb2P_g9AWOM/

>XBC2 Multimedia Links
pastebin.com/2gUL5sWK

========== Xenoblade Chronicles X ==========
>XBCX Links pastebin
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY
============================================

If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Previous Thread: >

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/xenobladejp/status/969108481969070080?s=21
a.pomf.cat/hxdacd.zip
nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/dlc/index.html
twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/969108481969070080
twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/969108486045949953
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

NG+ when

in 20-22 hours

So One Last You implies thatPyra and Mythra dies one day later right? Kinda make bringing them back pointless.

So do you think the patch will be a midnight release thing or are they just gonna throw it out in like the middle of the day?
I think I remember for Sonic Mania they didnt do a midnight release on Switch? That was fucking gay

They will release it the same time they did the last major patch, sometime in the afternoon in Japan. So it will come out in the evening, sometime March 1st. Last one was 9pm central. Expect the same, since that is the time 2 weeks ago that they said it was delayed.

but people were complaining about the dumples when they hadnt finished yet

The subtitle files that were datamined have the undisplayed lines for Pyra/Mythra's voiceless line. They say "Hello, I'm Pyra/Mythra" and that fits the english version mouth flaps.

probably should have used spoiler tags

this is not AI and rex is not creepy robot boy

No chance there are similar subs for whatever Malos said to Jin is there?

>They forgot

Good to know the ending still has some weight to it.

That's a lot of information they tried and failed to convey in the last five seconds of the ending cutscene. What about the Japanese then?

Confess to me all the ways you knowingly play the game the wrong way

>Use blade Nia for heals instead of Avant Garde because waifu
>Use Agate on Morag because autism demands that I have a blade of each element
>Use Harald on Rex because I refuse to separate Zeke and Pandoria.

That's not good...
wait a minute, if they remembered his name..
is it just because blades, upon manifesting, always say their names?

That doesn't make any sense, they recognize Poppy and they have a whole conversation while Rex is just sitting there. Poppy wouldn't have turned towards Rex with a smile, she would have been sad.

The whole system of losing their memory shouldn't even apply to the Aegis, since the system for Blades was to send the data to the Aegis themselves and of course the Architect. With no Architect, there is no place to send the data to, except for the Aegis. Losing their memory has no internal logic. Especially when the game goes out of its way to say that Aegis aren't like normal Blades.

This is also stupid because they said it was a happy ending. This is still bitter sweet, since the girl that Rex fell in love with is still technically dead and now he has someone that looks like them, but isn't parading around.

>wait a minute, if they remembered his name..

No, they didn't

Remember that Pneuma has an unspoken line right before her death

So if I proceed in the big door in Mechonis Field do all the timed quests go away?

why would that line be hello though

It's suppose to be because when you touch the core, there is a sharing of information. They know your name, just like how Pyra did with Rex at the start.

That doesn't make any sense. Why would she reply to Malos's question with "Hello, Rex"

>since the girl that Rex fell in love with is still technically dead and now he has someone that looks like them, but isn't parading around.

Meanwhile the girl who truly does love him continues to be ignored

I dunno, symbolism or some shit. The whole ending is a clusterfuck

>JERRY..
>HELLO...

or 'tell my wife I said hello'

More like they decided last minute that this was a stupid clusterfuck and scaled it back, but lines were already recorded, so they cut it out instead of just redoing it.

Also, Pyra and Mythra's mouth movements are the same, so if they were saying their name, that looks super lazy.

>been told again and again blades lose memories because Klaus is taking them and the Aegises are different
>she lost her memories

Again with this.

The way those subtitles are numbered would seem to suggest that those lines are supposed to appear before the credits. What's up with that?
Do we know if there are subtitles for any of the other unvoiced lines yet?

What? This makes no fucking sense. What do they say in Japanese?

The Aegis' wouldn't have even become Titans, since they were the backbone of the system that allowed Blades to even make the transition into Titans in the first place.

Two possibilities. Someone wanted to try fucking with people by spreading false information. Or this was the original idea for the end, but they scrapped it, didn't rerecord lines, so they just kept the lines silent for people to draw their own conclusions.

You'd need the nip copy to tell

I haven't seen the japanese subtitle files, but after seeing the english version it looks like the japanese mouth flaps just say "Homura/Hikari desu".

>they recognize Poppy and they have a whole conversation
They could just be introducing themselves to Poppi, you can't see very much. And it makes sense that Rex looks somewhat sad after what they say to him, because it implies they lost their memories.

>Pyra and Mythra's mouth movements are the same
I think are slightly different. Pyra and Mythra don't look that different when mouthed, and probably hard to animate the difference.

Do the drop rate % effects apply from non-combating drivers? I think they do since today I stacked some common blades with treasure sensor/gold chip and noticed a notable difference in the drop frequency.

I think its just because the song is playing during that cutscene. This is what the file right before that final one looks like.

What chips give +50 luck for common katana blades?

Fuck yes got all the Poppi Master Mods
now what do I focus on getting for Poppiswap?

Not to mention it looks weird that Pyra's lines have an H, obviously for Homura, but Mythra has an S, which doesn't jump out as any kind of label for me. Why wouldn't it be something like Hik

>they could be introducing

Bull, Poppy is a very reactionary person, since she's a child. She also has a whole conversation about how precious memories are toward the end of the game. She would have been devastated, but she turns towards Rex with a smile on her face.

Rex also isn't sad, he looks down at his feet for a moment, looks up and then walks forward.

Also, the most important question. Why bother silencing the lines? This only makes it harder for people to get the intent of the ending. Why have subtitles in the game files, if the lines were never meant to be heard? Reaks of last minute changes and could be for a number of reasons.

But if those are in the game, then the other silenced lines should have subtitles too. So what did Zeke say to Pandoria, Malos to Jin. Come on, show us.

What's with that line from Klaus being there?

I'm also curious about this.

I could see Pyra being ok with a random kid running up and hugging her, but Mythra would definitely not hug back if she didn't know who it was..

Every awakened blade seems pretty chill for just being born. Pyra and Myrtha might not have said anything that would have tipped Poppi off

There's no line for Malos to Jin there. The cutscene ends there and transitions to the flashback, and the files are just those few lines there.

So i'm expected to believe that in one cutscene, they kept an unvoiced line with subtitled dialog, but in other instances of unvoiced line, it doesn't exist? No, this feels like foul play. Mouth movements on Malos were harder to read and people can't make controversy out of it anyway. But people hated the ending, so they want to muddy it.

This is almost certainly what happened. Translators translate ALL the text, including anything that got cut from the story but left in the data, and those lines will be recorded as well. See Yosuke's homolust in P4, for example.

>It will be fine, right? You'll deal with the world tree, then come back, right?

She said I'm back. It would make no sense for her to say >Hello Rex to Malos either.

twitter.com/xenobladejp/status/969108481969070080?s=21

Nothing in the Zeke/Pandy scene either, but that is also at the end of a cutscene.

That final cutscene is the only one to have a proper attempt at lipsyncing, and has differernt versions for english and japanese. The Zeke and Malos scenes aren't as important. These files were uploaded by moosehunter that was posting all the other datamined stuff. You can look through all the subtitles yourself and believe whatever you want.

a.pomf.cat/hxdacd.zip

Please respond

wut

ugh captcha was so nice to me for a few days whyyy

>Mik is hanging out by the elevator
That's cute, but I don't want to wait that long to recruit him. Guess one could just rush through the plot again before doing a real ng+ run afterward.

>3 different voiceless lines
Why?

>Translators translate ALL the text
Didn't happen to Paper Mario

That's nice, but it's still perfectly normal for translators to translate all the text they're given. If Paper Mario had no extra text or they only gave them the finalized version of the script, you wouldn't see extra bits translated.

that seems unlikely. I could have sworn they absolutely did. might have to consult tcrf

Does that say Mik can be used by all drivers aside from Tora at any time?

nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/dlc/index.html

can someone tell me what the expansion pass items that we get tomorrow are? it looks like 30k ether crystals for poppi but I don't know what the other thing is

that would make sense wouldnt it
actually flesh eaters can choose their driver at any time cant they?kitty-no-mates just wants to stick with rekusu sekusu boifurendo

I thought it just said he was unique in not being in a core crystal but instead someone you talk to in the world. Logically he wouldn't be bound to a user, but then Nia shouldn't be bound either, so obviously that goes out the window.

You can crash the game if you glitch your way into Southern Toad Town early because NPCs have no lines to give, when they did in the Nip version

8 legendary core crystals and 3 overdrives.

3 more overdrives, 8 more legendary cores, 30k more ether.

Use spoiler tags

The ingame text says he can engage with anyone but Tora, so unless there's a driver selection screen after that OK, I think it means you can use him freely on anyone

Yeah, I realized that afterward. That does seem to be what it says. It's a good thing if we don't have to choose.

I really wish the rest of the game was like this, at least for Rare Blades. You could even bullshit it by saying that the affinity and bonds between the party members is so strong that they can share Blades between one another no problem, or even with a slight downgrade in damage if you want to keep Rex's ability to use all Blades.

I wouldn't take the datamined stuff too literally. They were clearly never meant to be read, and there's a whole bunch of stuff in there that's simply not in the game. It also makes zero sense they would have the script for that particular scene, but nothing for the previous silent phrases.

I'm not saying the dataminer is lying, but saying they lost their memories because of that line and the fact they recognise Poppi is a bit silly.

She spouted everything in a millisecond, the only thing Malos heard was "Hello, I'm Pyra/Mythra"

test test

it’s probably just a choice

>Weapon shown: Bow
>Blade Weapon: Calamity Scythe

NANI THE FUCK?!

>adjusts glasses twice in a 20-second clip

sasuga akhos

The weapon changes form. Didn't you notice during battle?

>Rexsu

twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/969108481969070080

twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/969108486045949953

I did. The Bow is the primary form that he uses in most cases in the game but it seems to change when he's engaged as a Blade

Remember to use spoiler tags when you find the new content in NG+

They don't necessarily recognize Poppi. Poppi just suddenly hugs them and they say a few words to her, but nothing about their reaction specifically shows recognition. Plenty of people interpreted the voiceless line as them introducing themselves again, the datamined file backs that up, and Rex's downcast look plus restating "and thus, boy met girl" all implies its a new meeting and starting over from the beginning for them.
I'm fine with that ending, don't get why some people are against it so much.

For one thing it doesn't make sense with how Aegises work

They're against it because it's stupid, unsupported by even a shred of canonical evidence, somewhat contradicted by actual canonical evidence and Poppi's reaction makes it completely nonsensical. Stop trying to force your idiotic meme.

But why would they say "Hello Rex" before exploding Aion?

What's more, you could even allow them to say the datamined lines with full knowledge of events, as in, 'Now I'm introducing myself as a true individual.'

I think it would make much more sense if you assume the 'Hello Rex' line was intended to be said by the girl who's name you didn't pick, and 'Hello, I'm Pyra/Mythra' by the other.

So tell me who said Hello Rex then?

What about Japanese subs? Were they also mined?

user. The other girl didn't even say anything.

Those lines are supposed to be specific to that final cutscenes only, every scene has it's own file. The Klaus line is also in the file of the earlier scene where it actually happens. Maybe the Klaus line was supposed to be repeated during the final scene but left unused. I don't know about the Hello Rex line but it could just be an unheard line when they appear there.

>might finally get confirmation that Pythra lost her memories, salvaging the ending (pun not intended) and pissing off people who wanted a diabetes sweet ending
wtf I love Takahashi now

>turns out Nia literally cucked herself at the end
This is hilarious

user, I don't mind a bittersweet ending, but the fact that Poppi looks that happy after talking to them tells us she and them know each other.

The final act just puts poor Poppi through the emotional wringer, huh

Poppi deserved better

I'm pretty sure if anything salvages it it'll be the lyrics to the end song implying they live for a day or two

Yes, but it's the only other line that's marked the same way as the final line.
If it's supposed to be what Pneuma said to Malos in Aion, why would there be two different versions depending on the name choice?
It just makes more sense to me that the two lines were cut and the cutscene was changed afterwards.

>the fact that Poppi looks that happy after talking
She's not exactly bursting with joy here. She was more happy when she first started talking, but then calmed down and turned to see Rex's reaction to them. Pretty sure the whole thing is supposed to have a bittersweet feeling.

>now fags are gonna desperately grasp at straws to make ending look sad because of unused english(!) subtitles

>final song is about the memories
>they actually retained none
kek

Yup. The way I see it is as if they are joking and simulating as if Rex summoned them, otherwise the "hello Rex" doesn't make sense.

No, you're just an idiot. The scene makes absolutely no sense if it's not entirely happy because Poppi would not react that way at all. Period.

>Period.
Whoa whoa we are getting serious here

fuck off

>not bursting with joy there

???????

No U

>people think we should take the ending seriously
Loving every laugh