/domg/ - Dominions General

>5.15 edition
steamcommunity.com/games/722060/announcements/detail/1646500405958701856

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 3000 units, 900 spells and 400 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/wjbSA98Y

>Drawfaggotry
dominionsdraws.imgur.com/

>DOMINIONS 5 IS OUT.

>Where do I get it?
Currently only available on Steam.
store.steampowered.com/app/722060/Dominions_5__Warriors_of_the_Faith/

>Manual
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5manual.pdf
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5tables.pdf

>Mod inspector
larzm42.github.io/dom5inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1212948582

>Debug mod
dropbox.com/s/oo492x2cs8vag34/debug509.zip?dl=0

>How do I change the fonts?
Replace guifont.ttf, guifont_fancy.ttf and guifont_texty.ttf in the game's 'data' folder (C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Dominions5\data usually).

>Is there an easier way to play multiplayer?
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/dominions-4-pbem-manager-new-stuff.104015/
Works for Dominions 5 just as well.

>Completed games
Submit them here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuclmaCiRo8vcTztsKjPJxnBgRDE-E1uNvE5j0x5wDZMMhRA/viewform
Results:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OxILAa3Y_O7Vk2NFhKAAQfStHqh1WJXMkGCim9sQ_ns/edit#gid=1292233344

>OP pastebin
Just copypaste it and link the previous thread below.
pastebin.com/RbFWcFcU

>Previous Pantokrator:

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/39cp8C
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MAgicalTouch
twitter.com/AnonBabble

New MA game hosted on shitcord.
discord.gg/39cp8C
You gotta claim your nation in the channel or I will delete your tendies.
Mods: WH, BetterArena, maybe Extra Pretenders?
Map: Probably a randomly generated map based on what nations are picked.

Come hang out.

I have to leave for work in like 10 minutes, but I'll drop by at the end of the day if you're still looking for people then.

Are there any events specific to Misfortune and Magic?

yes, many

Yes to both.

Even though Dominions 5 is objectively better than Dominions 4 in most ways, why did they fuck up the UI and music so badly? And where are all the maps? A lot of things feel much more soulless.

UI is objectively better
music is also better, but would be better still if both sound-tracks were included

Music is worse and would be better if it was old music

Rec points should only be a thing for the units that really need them to not be OP

Here's hoping LA Phlegra/Mekone descendants will have bigger variety of fucked up units. Phlegra let me down some, that's what happens when you look at classified information and begin to expect something SUPER cool.
Also, Kryptes suck as I must remind you of that.

Also, what is your opinion on Giga Nigresses betraying their Tremendously Jewish husbandos for Titanic Greek pingas?

Has anyone had any success massing ranged magical weapons and putting them on scouts and indie commanders? I know it'll never be optimal, but seeing stuff like Banefire Crossbow or Wand of Wild Fire scratches a neat little itch of having super-archers, somehow. I guess the elemental summon bottles are kind of that, but it doesn't hit the same spot for me.

The giga negresses are incredibly good and have great paths to mess with so I love them.

Are trample boots worth it on large thugs? Ive noticed them being less effective since they dont use their fancy sword for chaff clearing but someone mentioned it being a counter to skele spam

Rec points should just be removed.

They didn't accomplish anything a recruitment limit or a higher resource cost couldn't have done.

Problems with Yomi

>Problem 1: Mages are 2 commander points minimum. yet Yomi is a palisade nation that builds up unrest, making mage recruitment a incredibly slow
>Solution: Having a temple on a province disables the unrest generated by Oni.

>Problem 2: The nation is too dependent on Dai Oni's, and subsequently their capital.
>Solution A: Grant Yomi the oni summoning rituals from later ages
>Solution B: Give Yomi an entirely different national Summon that can fulfil a Dai Oni's job. Not something necessarily on par with a Dai Oni, but something in-between the power of a Dai oni and Oni Shugo would suffice.

>Problem 3: Dai Oni are no longer as reliable late game because Phoenix Pyre now sticks to the worthless Spirit Form and not the original body.
>Solution: Revert this change and make Phoenix Pyre apply on the original body again.

>Problem 4: Yomi is too reliant on demons which screw them over against players who prepare anti-demon spells and weapons.
>Solution: Buff bakemono and bandits so they'd actually be usable in fights.

Vanheim do your turn right now or I'm posting in the thread a screenshot of your pretender which you just moved on to a throne site.

just do it you coward
That's right
you won't
bitch

Last thread didn´t bring a solution, so let´s repeat:

I'll be on a trip between the 12 and 22 of March.

Given that pretty much everyone in this game is AI, and the only remaining players are either surrounded by AI or generally unable to do much (Patala, R´lyeh), about to get swallowed (Pangaea) or stuck in the single interesting yet (for now...) heavily lopsided conflict left (Gath and me),

I think that we have mostly three decent options:

- We keep going until the 12th. With some luck that´ll be another 12 turns. Nothing majestic, but it´ll allow us to have a couple big battles and then we can declare a half winner and call it quits

- We pause the game

- We find me a sub

Which brings us to the next question: do we actually have an active admin who can apply one of the last two options?

We need YOU to stand up to not one, but TWO (2) Unexpected Nations in this tale of intrigue, betrayal, and very large negresses!
Roll up, everyone see the berserker mages, the autocommunions with no astral, and a version of Berytos that's just straight bullshit!

>literally cleaning up after the Rimtursar
Pantokrator? More like Janitor.

#bringbackthune

I know who admin is and can reach them.

Pangaea is dead and has gone AI.

I am unwilling for any end-of-game agreements that do not name me victor. With Pangaea dead I can swing all my armies towards you and I should be able to pummel you with my superior economy. I have double your gems and income.

I really don't want to pause the game, so either find a sub or everyone else calls quits?

Attached are the thrones, even if we stalemate out in our war I should be able to coast to a victory on my points alone after the cataclysm hits.

>she who mounts the clouds

Wish she mounted me desu

Provs, Pangaea was a nice addition to my lands.

Is that hard skin/thunder weapons ma vanheim?

Oh god it's fire/shock res and combat speed, isn't it

yes

If you are Rlyeh your global is doing nothing since the seas are frozen.

WIRELESSWIZARDS ABYSIA

>a lone Fir Bolg scout can capture an enemy province and completely cut off the player's income from his FOUR provinces for at least a turn as well as ensuring that even if he takes it back, it won't bring him as much money as it did
Only on Veeky Forums. Still, guys, hold me as I am scared of that Doggo of Underworld. I know that I most likely did the rightest thing and that the guy planned to attack me anyway but that dog is scary. Won't it scare my armies?

>tfw you take a second look at Phlegra and realize how ridiculous they actually are

This just happened for me, got an extremely innovative strategy now.

Was he not buying PD at all? Because that is retarded. Either way, if he's got four provinces you can roll his shit fairly easily with your superior numbers and research.

No, he has 6 (5 for now) including the capital. I will try doing just that.
>Was he not buying PD at all?
Well, he actually had 2 points in it when I decided to attack. 1 national commander and 2 hoburg militias.

You better not steal my innovative strategy user

I want a Giga negress to trample me

I like it that sparse wastelands are wastelands now

Strategic value of a fort vs recruitment value adds another level of consideration as well

Well reveal your innovative strategy and I can tell you if I am or not.

My innovative strategy is what your innovative strategy is

Done multiple times. You item choices, though are sub-optimal. Bow of war, beowolf are tremendously better.

I was gonna make you a deal man. I would let you keep half the shit while i contested the ocean. You've kinda forced my hand now. Your scout had very lucky rolls man. Prepare for doggie you fool.

That's what you say but you didn't contact me, you have an awake expander, I am in such a dangerous position, I have basically no means of travelling since you cut me off by capturing the province connecting to the mainland and you can't contest an ocean with a dog. Just admit that you were going to attack me before I attacked you out of desperation and desire for freedom but I cleverly predicted your move and instead had my pieces do their thing.

LAST SPOT GET IN

I do what I want, you don't tell me what to do

>llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MAgicalTouch

>last spot
>Ermor

And now I though that it could be a nice game.
Let's kill Ermor, guys, and then have a comfy enjoyable world!

:^)

I'll eradicate you.
It was your mistake to bring cancer in the comfy game. I'll try to become Pankoman AFTER I deal with you. Pry to your dusty god that I won't become your neghbour.

Thats wrong.
I was posturing at that province cause its the exit and holding it would give me an obvious advantage is negotiations. I probably would have given it up if you seemed trustworthy.
I can also contest the ocean with my Giants you silly bugger. I also have another exit off the island north of my cap so I didn't even desperately need the other province to get out anyway. My giants also have sailing.
You didn't contact me first either. Plus our borders didn't even meet till just last turn so why would I contact you before that?
You threw the rock at me first man if I wanted to straight up attack you I would of last turn anyway but I sent doggo sniffin for magic sites instead.
ONTOP of all this, you are a dirty elf.

Has anyone experimented with the new mosnter modding abilities in dom5 yet? I'm curious as to what they do and they don't have detailed descriptions yet.

>Mekone sucks

>resolving battle (round 205)

>Melias
>Mage support

>You didn't contact me first either. Plus our borders didn't even meet till just last turn so why would I contact you before that?
We saw each other's territory through that impassable mountain, so it's 2 turns.
>ONTOP of all this, you are a dirty elf
See, clearly this is the most important piece of information, and according to it you would have attacked me anyway, Mr. Giant. Damn, I'm clever.
Actually, I wouldn't mind trying to salvage the situation if what you are telling is truth, but alas time for negotiations seems to be over. If it is war we wage on each other and I lose it I would actually be honored to be crushed by the moderately noble Fomorians and my proud ancestors Nemedians.

Mekone's gigantr hoplites are a very tough force but 1 per fort and bad mages is pretty fatal late game

okey dokey

I guess nobody will get that well of misery goody gold then

also I feel like a reaction image has become appropriate

Come on Dirty Elf slurs are mandatory here.
It's ironic coming from Fomoria eh? A joke!
I'll sleep on it. See how it goes.

Sorry, it's no use to try to spook me now. Removing Ermor is pleasure for me. Even winning a PBEM won't make that hard.

I'll backstab you when you're trying to kill Ermor. Thanks for the free provinces, faggot.

Yeah well I'll backstab YOU while you're killing the skele-hater.
Double the provinces for me.

In that case I'm going ai

in that case I'll be going AI as well

MAgical Touch admin, can you cancel the game please?
Thanks

>ermor kills a game before it even starts

Pretty neat, desu
Not even actually in that game, though.

Truly the skeletons have gone too far this time.

>beowolf
Do you mean Botulf? It's cool, but seemingly only useful against large size casters/pretenders/thugs.

This is actually pretty impressive, those losses still hurt on Mekone's side though.

>Who would win? Rampaging SC with iron skin, mistform, quickness, and 5 lvls in every path vs 5 scouts with botulf

The Black Company could be way better if it didn't kill off so many of the Ten who were Taken in Book One offscreen, without showing them or their abilities.

TBC is a great story, but it's far from perfect and certain aspects of it are kinda lackluster.

The Taken and the "good" wizards are supposed to be really important but apart from a few they don't play any real role. Which is understandable since the books are accounts from the Company's perspective (and Croaker in particular), so it can't really go into stuff they weren't directly involved in, but you still end up missing a lot that way.

I said it was useful! Useful is a pretty high rating - I'm just saying that it's not common, general-use.

Does a venomous serpents poison bite attack hit through ethereal?

IE: the 11 pierce damage part.

The bite is listed as a magic attack, but I'm assuming thats only for the poison part.

You're wrong, the bite itself is magic. If it has the little star listed in its damage type, it's magic.

It's feeblemind on wound, and 12 piercing with no strength benefit. Shit's not even good for SCs.

Makes sense. Thanks

It used to be on hit instead of on damage, which made it a lot better for anti-SC.

>TBC is a great story, but it's far from perfect and certain aspects of it are kinda lackluster
True, that's why I think that more evil overpowered mages would be a very nice improvement.

Did Ermor join?
Well then. All aboard mr Bones' wild ride.
I'm starting now.

We've 3 slots left for this, but ofc both new nations are taken by now, otoh Uruk is still available if you haven't tried it yet, and it looks like we are leaning towards Extra Pretenders if you haven't tried that either.

Hey, I'd like to try Uru-
>extra pretenders and discord
NEVERMIND

I'm Is Pythium still available? If so I'll drop by to join as them. I've never played them before.

No extra pretenders pls though.

Epic post.
Agartha, Man, Jotunheim, Phaeacia, Ulm, Phlegra, Ermor, Nazca, are taken, so go ahead.
Extra pretenders will be left to a vote between people who actually bother to vote. and are playing the game.

I'd prefer to know whether it will be used before signing up, since I don't want to sign up for a game that ends up using mods I don't like.

Join, vote, quit if you don't get the answer you like, I'm thinking a ~60% yes majority of people who actually bother to vote is reasonable.

All right, I'll come visit the Discord then.

Rate em. Who is gonna be Pankoman? Which turn BoT? And so on.

I think you should all let Shit Tier win.

t. not Shinuyama

Teaching One will win while the rest collapse under the Burden of Memes they unleashed on themselves.

I am OK with that if Ermor will go AI. What a damn shitter.

I SLEPT IN PAST MY TURN I'M SORRY

Fortunately 'sitting inside yomi's forts' to give Melqarts a false sense of security is all part of my keikaku
Hinnoms melqarts are going the way of the Dai Oni, mark my words

>good
arco
ermor
caelum
phlegra
>neutral
abysia
TC
>shit tier
agartha
uruk
shinuyama

bretty gud

Pretty solid "no" for extra tendies from the players. Player count has been upped to 15 we still have 2 slots left.

>Agartha and Uruk rolling with default names
You guys better watch out

So, Therodos lost 1490 gold and probably a bunch of gems/items, and Mekone lost 2120 gold and few if any gems/items.
Still a pretty good win for Mekone though, as he should have a much better economy than Therodos. Should have brought actual mages instead of just Melias, they barely qualify as mage support.

Feminine Boner is going to win, screencap this.

I haven't played in ages are there any games looking for dudes?

Did anyone save that no-start utility that was posted about a few weeks ago?

>atlantis turned in his turn 30 minutes or so ago
>game has not yet hosted
Uh oh.