Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BVCaJdYZmCU?t=63
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1582_Cagayan_battles
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

*Drops 2 nukes*

Where's my matchlock ?

*teleports behind u

*unsheaths katana*

Conquers Japan takes everyone's swords and goes to make an ass of himself in Korea.

fpbp

hi

*just steps over him because samurai were manlets*

*assembles in triplex acies*
*sends out equites to harass ur lines*
*sends out velites to harass you with pila*
*sends out hastati to engage in combat*
*sends out principes to clean up rest*
*Doesnt send out triarii because you are not even worth it*
res ad triarios non venit

*blocks your port*

Kek. This is why I wanted this board to exist.

*Send out horse archers*
*legion fucked over*

"Nothing personal kid"

Perfidious parthians

>*surrenders and sails away*

Shamefur

Bravo

You enterd the wrong nheiborhood fool!

[Trigger Warning]

youtu.be/BVCaJdYZmCU?t=63

Geez Taro how come your daimyo allowed you to wear TWO odachi ?

Fuck off

>People of the Philippines, I have returned
I can't believe that uppity bitch Duterte is siding with china

I'm an unarmed whittu piggu, looks like I'll just be going in the other direction then Mr.Samurai-san.

>some pagan samurai fag stands in my way of spreading god guns and my seed through japan
>he screams something in his unchristian gobletygook
>pull out my matchlock and blast a hole in his chest bigger than the carrack that brought me here
>proceed to fuck his wife, convert his daimyo, and make portugal proud

APOLOGIZE

I expect not to see this kind of unhistorical armor on Veeky Forums.

ONLY because Obama didn't like his policies, trump is loved by everyone apart from chyna

Underrated
[spoiler] too bad I can never be interested enough in the campaign to Christianise all Japan

Kek you've been memed. China celebrated Trump's victory. An isolationist America backing out of the TPP basically hands China Southeast Asia

*unsheats rapier and holds a rodela*

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1582_Cagayan_battles

>This event was the only recorded battle between European regular soldiers against samurai warriors. This unique event pitted musketeers, pikemen and Spanish rodeleros against Japanese and Chinese merchants (both legitimate and smugglers), fishermen, rōnin, and soldiers.

>The Japanese are the most belligerent people here. They bring artillery, many arquebusiers and pikemen. Body armor. All provided from the portuguese industry, showed to them for the bad of their souls (sic) ...

>The Spanish rodeleros then faced armored Japanese ronin who were wielding katanas. The Wokou also had muskets, which had been provided by the Portuguese. The deck of the sampan became a battlefield, with Spanish pikemen at front, and arquebusiers as well as musketeers at the rear. Eventually the Spanish troops defeated the Wokou, thanks to the improvised parapet and the superior quality of Spanish armor and weaponry.

>Afterwards the Wokou decided to attack by land with a force of soldiers six hundred strong. The Spanish trenches endured that first assault, then another. In response to Spanish pikes being seized by the Wokou soldiers, the Spanish oiled the shafts of their pikes in order to make them difficult to grasp. The thirty remaining Spanish were running low on gun powder after the third attack, which had almost breached the trenches. They left the trenches and attacked, routing the remaining Wokou. The Spanish plundered the Wokou's weapons that were left on the battlefield, which included katanas and armor, and kept them as trophies

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1582_Cagayan_battles

The most cited source on that page is "Citation Needed"

Plenty of bibliography in that page, more in the Spanish one.

Yes, I'm sure that the Chinese are excited that their number one trade partner will pocket veto the TPP shit sandwich trade deal with them, and seek to renegotiate. Then again, maybe the situation truly is as uncomplicated as Trump = bad.

>European Regular Soldiers.
>Philippines.
Chances are most of the fighters are Christianized flips in a mishmash of local and regular gear.

They are. The TPP was put together entirely to stop China from dominating the SEA market. The US backing out of it benefits China

The problem with that is we dont know where those numbers like a thousand wako come from. You always connect numbers like that to a source

Now I have no problem believing that a Spanish ship beat back a bunch of pirates in inferior boats, but there are proper ways to do it. Part of the article seem to be the opinion of the author rather than something from historical documents and if you look at the talk page you learn there are conflicting accounts

Stop farming my rice look up and say

YEAH but the Taiwan thing miffed them off. Also is it just conspiracy theory or would it be possible for Putin and trump to work together to overthrow the ''''''''"""""communist'''''''''''' government and replace it with the taiwanese

*blocks your army*

>Comparing Chink larpers to trained soldiers.
The Spanish were scared shitless by Hideyoshi.

**heh nothing personal kid**

That is the Tsar Cannon. It is not related to Orban's Dardanelles guns.

Fuck off

'sir you don't have enough money left for a chest plate'
'no problem senpai just tape some leftover pieces of steel to my gambeson'

More like takes the fruit from Nobunaga's work, then reveals himself to be a hack fraud in Korea.

>Ok, Ive got my "authentic" armor and I'm ready for the Battle of Nations

It's like a hobo knight, I like it.

>Byzantine empire survives the Mongol plague
>Islamic empire doesn't
What did God mean by this

lol

You do realise the TPP was made to deter China? Fucking retard

>People actually believe this

*heh nothin' personnel kid

>byzantine empire survives the mongol plague
>gets conquered 500 years later by western asian horse tribes
your still shit

lmao

>Although the dynamics of Japanese politics at first favored the European missionary effort, when those dynamics changed, Christianity was persecuted and finally crushed. Nobunaga's successor, Hideyoshi (15 36-1598), launched the antiforeign, anti-Christian policy that culminated in the Tokugawa exclusion edicts. Hideyoshi distrusted Europeans' motives after the Spaniards conquered the Philippines and came to question the loyalty of certain dalmyo who had converted. In 1597 he ordered the execution by crucifixion of nine Catholic missionaries and seventeen Japanese converts. In their singleminded pursuit of stability and order, the early Tokugawa also feared the subversive potential of Christianity and quickly moved to obliterate it, even at the expense of isolating Japan and ending a century of promising commercial contacts with China, Southeast Asia, and Europe.

Nigga, the Philippines used to have Muslims scattered all over the place but Spain defeated most of these states save only for the South.

You know how Southern Muslims survived here? Hideyoshi threatened to invade the place. Governor Gomez Perez Dasmarinas received an ultimatum from Hideyoshi- at this time fucking up Korea- to stop sending fucking Missionaries or else he'd have no choice but to crush Spics in the Philippines.

Spain panicked and pulled out of the campaign in Mindanao to defend Manila and the main Philippine colonies but thankfully for Dasmarinas, Hideyoshi was busy in Korea.

Though the real beneficiaries were the Moros. Literally took the time to strengthen themselves and when Spain came back, managed to hold them off. Only for Spain to retreat AGAIN in the mid 1600s when pirate lord/Ming loyalist Koxinga threatened to take the Philippines in his bid to have a base to retake China back from the Manchus. Had the fleet all but ready but then he died and his sons settled for Kings of Tungning instead.

>When Japan sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems to us. They're bringing artillery. They're bringing arquebusiers. They're pirates. And some, I assume, are good people.

>On 17 October 1596, the San Felipe, outbound from Manila and heading for Acapulco, ran aground on the coast of Japan. Hideyoshi seized the cargo (valued at around 1,300,000 pesos) and arrested the passengers among whom were several mendicant friars.
Does this sound like someone who's afraid of the Spanish?

The Spanish were a tertiary power in East Asia who could barely muster the manpower to fight the Bruneians,Cambodians and Chinese pirates.

>The most cited source on that page is "Citation Needed"
The only time it appears it's literally about the equipment decisiveness in the Spanish victory and everything else is mentioned in a letter from Juan Bautista Román to the New Spain Viceroy.

[Citation Needed]

>Hideyoshi was busy in Korea.
yeah, pic related

>The Spanish were a tertiary power in East Asia who could barely muster the manpower to fight the Bruneians,Cambodians and Chinese pirates.
Certainly. However that doesn't explain why Japan continued isolated after the Spanish arrival to the region .

> I start a meme thread and it descends into arguing between Spanish and Asian autists

fuck me

>The only time it appears it's literally about the equipment decisiveness in the Spanish victory and everything else is mentioned in a letter from Juan Bautista Román to the New Spain Viceroy.

Then it should be cited as such. As of now the numbers given for each side and countless other points are left uncited

> The Spanish rodeleros then faced armored Japanese ronin who were wielding katanas.

how do we even know they were ronin? coulld Juan tell the difference between a ronin, and some guy in armor with a sword?

I'm sorry but it reads like a puff piece, below even wikipedia standards

"Open the country. Stop having it be close" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "k den"

This man's a fucking legend

fucking matchlock ashigaru get out of my nippon REEEE

impressive fortifications are my fetish

ITT: "My dad can beat your dad!"

Come at me

>how do you want your breast plate, sir knight?

>forms shield wall
pssh... nothin personnel, celt

*Wins battle without being present*