/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html
>Tekken 7 Confirmed for EVO Sunday Spot
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2018/2/6/tekken-7-returns-to-evo-this-year-in-the-sunday-arena.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YtuhZuvR6KU
youtu.be/9FodxiFWQQs
youtube.com/watch?v=gGk1IchzSZc
youtube.com/watch?v=RmXYstAPzFE&t=1m13s
youtube.com/watch?v=svHtc0GfE_s
youtube.com/watch?v=AUzBEsIX6vc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

how is a gorilla picture tekken related?

I’m looking for an in between of damage and execution. I don’t mind sacrificing a few points of damage for markedly easier execution but also I want to get my hits in.

>can't block snake edge and other noob killing tools
>i know ill just lab it
>set dummy to do junkyard, snake edge and a throw
>still can't do it with any real consistency after like an hour
fuck this game

His most generic combo that works for most launcher is f3 s! ff4 b3 f2 b42, rolling strike is guaranteed (3+4) after a wallsplat, for Starburst low launchers you float with u/f34 1,2 F3 S and finish with WR2. for the mid STB auncher the easy one is Dash- F3 s into ff4 b3 f2 b42, the low CH gives you a juggle where you usually floats with ws1 b3 f2 f2 f3 S wr2
combos for when you have starburst require you to screw with d1,2. for example out of a hopkick you would do b2 b3 d1,2 S wr2 for 68 damage. if you have STB and get a launch with df1,2 against female characters you need to do a 1 instead of b3 otherwise the combo will drop. You always get starburst out of WS2 so you are also using d1,2 as screw here. the easy combo without the timely perfect ff3 is, ws2, b3, b3, f2, d1,2 S wr2 this deals 68 damage. If you feel confident on doing timely perfect ff3 or IWR2 Salami has most of the combos that use them, now if you want the really optimal go with this youtube.com/watch?v=YtuhZuvR6KU

dope. i’ll dig in. also i have kind of a weird question as a newer player but do i need more than one combo per launcher or is there an optimal combo per launcher?

Depends on the character. Some characters need to use different combos against female characters and bears, there also big bodies combos who do more damage than your regular combo but it's up to you as it's not like your regular bnb combo will drop against them. Then there also using different options for either more damage or more wall carry but this doesnt mean doing a completely different combo in most cases

thanks for clearing that up, I’ll start working on Claudio

Claudio and 2d characters are also a little different in this matter as they can do different combos if they have meter or in Claudio case STB

You will need one combo that works on everyone and that you can't really drop just so you can be safe in closing out rounds, and probably one that will eke out the most damage you can possibly get, for a start.
There's also the question of walls - you need to have a different ender you can swap in to get a wallsplat and a mini-combo at the wall, those will almost always give you way more damage than the usual enders.
Tekken 7's system is flexible enough that after a while once you get comfortable with it, you can adjust your combos on the fly somewhat - the distance to the wall always differs, you get somewhat different oki situations depending number of hits/ender used - sometimes you'd want to cut your combo short if you know it wouldn't kill so you would get another mixup on your opponent's wakeup instead to close out the round, stuff like this.

Start with learning a solid combo that works on everyone though, then work from there once you are comfortable with it. Those combos the other user listed are what I also started with, and even after not playing Claudio for months I still never drop them - they're very solid and consistent.

thanks so much for all your guys help. i originally wanted to learn yoshimitsu but he has so much shit i thought it’d be better to start easier

Gonna hit the rank, try and get my blue back from these scrubs.

if you’re interested in yoshi you should just learn him. he’s really unique and no other character is quite like him.

a couple of things that i forgot, out of low parry you do f3 screw ff4 b3 f2 b42 and his easy combo out of his magic 4 CH launch (4,3) is ff4 b3 f2 b42. this gives you 54 damage.

>Rip law loses against a steve in the final
Damn i wanted rip to win

who ya playing?

Excellent. Do you have any general gameplan tips?

Claudio is all about movement.so you are looking to step and make things whiff while trying to get starburts in order to open them up with the great launcher you get, your best way to get into range 0 with plus frame is WR2, but it's a high so if they start ducking you go with ff4, if the sidestep this mixup then dash stop and do f3 (your homing move).in general b3 is your mid poke, f22 is your best punish for 12-14 moves because it's gives you starburts, his magic 4 string is pretty good. Claudio safe usable lows are ss4 , d3( good for mid range) d4 and db3. ( slaunch punishable and linear but it's launch on ch and crushes high) you dont want to be close to your opponent as Claudio, you want to be moving and playing keepout with f3. df2 is a decent CH fishing tool at i14 frames.. uf3 is a 23 +1 mid also dont be afraid to make them respect your hopekick. for whiff punish you can also use 1+2:1+2:f2. The best thing about Claudio is that unless you are only spamming hopkicks and his launchers it will teach you a lot of fundamentals that will translate when you pick a different character

Also a couple of Claudio gimmicks are really strong and will carry alot of people to greens , but if you believe in being dishonest in order to keep them honest this are things that you must know. one of them is f2 2 as a tool to create space or whiff, a lot of people will not know how to punish this movement on block at green and blue, so they will either press a button after it and eat a hopkick or just stay there at claudio strongest range second it's his mid unblockable, if you have STB and press db1+2 iyou gets a really powerfull tool to close out rounds against opponents that dont know how to deal with this.lastly i count it as a gimmick because people down there dont know how to break throws but ff3+4 his 1+2 break throw is really neccesary in high level play to surive at range 0. just dont abuse it

Are you aris?

I want to lick Lili's feet!

Perfect thank you again

So there is Jack, Kazumi, who else is honest and good for scrubs to not rely on gimmicks.

Lars

>Jack
>not rely on gimmicks
Jack has an assload of punch memestrings that I see even orange Jacks throwing out. They're all punishable as fuck too but they look similar so unless you're familiar with them he'll meme you.

Bryan, most decent people can block snake edge, so if you get to a high enough level he becomes very honest.

I know your pain user, i got spanked by an akuma spamming his stupid launch punishable sweep for 2 hours straight, at some point i was so mentally destroyed by it that he won 2 rounds doing only that shit and his homing move mid over and over again.

>people actually like Rip

Any yous into Tekken 4? What do you guys think of this?

youtu.be/9FodxiFWQQs

>CH string man of zero risk orbital
>honest
nice joke

that's pretty sick
even has the replay and moving before rounds

It's shit.

Is this you? youtube.com/watch?v=gGk1IchzSZc

damage is too low

>tailspin
lol

kek

I'd pay for a proper version of that bootleg tekken force mode

>watching boa luvb stream meanwhile he is smurfing
>Vanquisher Eliza with 200 wins fails to block punish a hellsweep properly 5 times in a row
2d players are such a fraud lmao

Do this for TTT2

HASHI!

>Lars players
youtube.com/watch?v=RmXYstAPzFE&t=1m13s

I'm put off heavily from playing Lars due to the fact he's considered the worst character.

That should motivate you user. See it as a challenge

Though what makes him the worst?

Yeah, there is definitely a "best" and a "worst" character in Tekken, but they are all pretty much just as good as each other. Tekken is a very balanced game, it's not as dependant on the character you pick as other fighting games. In Tekken it's almost 100% about YOU as a player and YOUR skills. Even character matchups aren't that important.

Lars is a super fun character to learn and he's got a cool mix of traditional karate and ridiculous anime-tier shit. You can certainly be good with Lars, especially if you're fighting low-skilled players who will certainly have no idea what to do when Lars is rushing towards them. After that it's about how well YOU play. Give him a try, if you like how he plays, pick him up, otherwise, drop him. You've got nothing to lose.

lars.spurdo

>you have done well, my son
>in order to compensate you for your honest and fair play, I will permanently genderbend a tekken character of your choosing
>choose wisely, user

Leo

This: Turn Leo back into a chick

Steve

i want female Lars desu

I want female Paul.

Fucking jesus, thisShe clearly had breasts in ttt2.

stop pressing buttons

Only lars mains truly believe that. He's ok

bruv WHERE ARE the tekken rage compilations? I think the guy straight up deleted his channel because I can't find them. I think we lost the
>press start NIGGA
videos

Yeah, the account was terminated.
youtube.com/watch?v=svHtc0GfE_s
this was one of the videos

Hows the game and online on ps4 now? I'm literal dogshit at tekken but i need a fighter to play. I played it at launch got spazzed on for about 200 losses and returned it. But I do see a deal for it now. Yay or nay?

The funniest part was LTG's "THIS DUDE DID A TEN HIT COMBO".

>Though what makes him the worst?
Not him but:
Bad tracking
No + on block moves outside of iwr3(easily steppable)
Risky as hell lows
No quick CH tools
Panic buttons have been nerfed to shit and are still just as risky
Bad orbital that's death on whiff unlike Bryan who literally does not move at all and recovers faster
Basic throw game
No true stance mixup (no low out of DEN, seeable low out of SEN)

All in all he's a high-risk medium-reward character in a game full of low-risk high-reward characters. His strengths are that he's good at advancing, has high damage, great wall carry, and has excellent punishment outside of i10. But lots of characters have this as well. He's also not a great character to rank up with because he doesn't have many strings or memes you can really abuse past a certain point. He's not a lab character, you just have to know a few basic things about him to fight him. He is a great character to actually learn the game with though.

Him being the worst is debatable though. Katarina and Gigas are both pretty bad.

Oh yeah I remember that, fucking kek

Fuck, those were so funny. I cried with laughter with one of them
>this ain't a combo video BITCH this ain't a combo video NIGGA
>he can't be grabbed neither bruh the fuck IS THIS
>Jin's fist is the fastest fucking thing in history. This nigga is safe on everything bruh

youtube.com/watch?v=AUzBEsIX6vc

What, you mean like recreate tag 2 in tekken 7? I dont think it would be possible to get a tag function going

>this dude doing STRINGS
Fucking killed me

There are enough players, especially at lower ranks.

okay good to hear I might pick up kazumi too

So this is the power of EU.

Not an argument.

No just the interface and music. I like the classic tekken feel

debate him

His punch strings are are literally beaten by just holding back, are super slow, and often interruptible. The only good strings he's got is d/f1,1 (punishable), d/f1,2,1 (launch punishable but tricky due to push back), retard windmills FC d/f1,2,1 (safe but slow as all fuck), and FC d/f2,d/f1,2 (slowish but probably his best string). But again, literally all of these strings are highs mids so you can just hold back and literally all are minus on block just like everything Jack does so it becomes pretty clear when you can start mounting an offensive against it.

Also I'm pretty sure almost none of these except d/f1,1 is a NC so you can survive them easily by just stopping your button pressing and holding back.

Bears, LC, Lee, Katarina, Gigas, and arguably Miguel (possibly a few others) are worse than Lars.

It was MYK who is actually a really good Steve so it's not so bad

Considering that for a long time he was the best NA Tekken player and he's arguably one of the best commentators for Tekken a lot of people like him

Redpill me on Roger/ Alex. What's their game plan?

King with t-rex arms, a Dragunov d2 that's +3 on hit and worse throws.

>kbd
>no 100% wall combos
10/10 aesthetics though, which I'm guessing was the point of the video

lol

Anybody else leave when you steal wins and know you wont last in a set?

How is he worse than those characters?

I wouldn't say Miguel is worse. Yes his range got nerfed but he can still get in easily and when he does he can take a chunk out of your lifebar before you manage to push him away. And unlike Lars he has great low pokes and his tracking ain't as bad.

how do i stop getting btfo by law players?

I main Eliza and Leo. Is it a case of me being shit or law players being dishonest?

Stealing wins feels delectable.
>When they go for the low that will kill you, get low parried or crush launched into a 60% RD combo

What rank?

Nobody knows cause no one plays roos. However I can tell you that he had a wavedash, Jin's EWHF, GS, one of the best low pokes in the game, and a stance that made him look like Road Runner

That's why I would say maybe. It depends on what you consider good because Miguel is far more consistent but when Lars's risks pay off he gets more reward than Miguel does and Lars can pull those rewards out far more often than say Chloe can.

Lars is still very capable even if he's weaker this game and this idea that he's the worst or even bottom 5 is kinda silly. He's definitely bottom 10, though.

I remember the roadrunner stance. I also remember the big wind-up punch and the GS

The important thing about Law is knowing which moves are launch punishable like d2,3 or his armor move and capitalizing on them. It's especially true if you're at lower levels as those Law players will do their unsafe shit plenty of times. You also have to be able to react to dragon tail and junkyard.

Blue rank

Is there some kinda secret discord tech to sidestepping moves?

90% of the time I end up getting stuffed even my linear shit like jabs.

but he has low extensions as well

>ded general
>ded discord
>ded game

If you're at -5 or more, you'll get fucked if you try sidestepping. Some characters have better sidesteps than others, I only know about Lili having the best one.

Which?

whoops sorry, meant to post this on /fgg/

What's Feng's fastest launcher? The hopkick?

>wanted to block low but i'm too slow with the input and block his mid instead and get to punish it

learn poking and movement, stop throwing out launchers