/civ4xg/ Stellaris, ES2, Civ and 4X General

/rtsg/ /cbg/

Last turn STELLARIS
>2.0 Patchnotes:
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-105-2-0-cherryh-patch-notes.1069794/
>2.0 tech tree
imgur.com/lEybGx7.jpg
>Pastebin(mostly outdated):
pastebin.com/YHdisqem
>Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
>The Development of Stellaris
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_hell

ENDLESS SPACE 2
>Official and Unofficial Wiki
wiki.endless-space.com
endless-space-2.wikia.com
>Community Hub
www.games2gether.com
>Planets Stats
imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg
>Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau
>Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA
>ES2 prequel
www.games2gether.com/endless-legend/forum/6-game-design/thread/3572-the-last-flight-of-the-gray-owl

ENDLESS LEGEND
>Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
>Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com
endless-legend.wikia.com

CIVILIZATION
>Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
>Civ IV XML fix
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
>Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
>Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
>Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
>District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District

ALPHA CENTAURI
>Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

DISTANT WORLDS : UNIVERSE
pastebin.com/hubsc3ZS

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-106-2-0-2-patch-notes-and-the-road-ahead-for-cherryh.1074215/
reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/815mgc/imagine_this_guy_was_your_dad/
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/fe-colonize-cheat.1074232/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The face of nightmare.

>so desperate to shill stellaris that he makes the thread 4 posts early to edit the OP
Pathetic.

WOW! FOUR posts early?

Haha! Horatio! xDD

>shitposter calls someone else pathetic
Oh, the irony

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-106-2-0-2-patch-notes-and-the-road-ahead-for-cherryh.1074215/

>WE nerfed
>Statut quo peace removed
>Unity cost per system nerfed from 2% to 1%
>And more

Read somewhere:
>Strategy First used to publish good games, most notably co-publishing Jagged Alliance. Today, however, they basically act as a loophole on Steam helping talentless amateurs and shovelware games circumvent the Steam Greenlight process simply by virtue of being a publisher. They are credited with publishing hundreds of Steam games, with more games every few days, making it clear they don't actually look at the software they're "helping" to publish.

That's sad to read. Greenlight and Eshop were a mistake.

So what's the verdict on 2.0, I really miss the early game real estate rush and muh wormholes so I'll probably just retire this shit unless they actually improved the game instead of removing features.

>Increased energy upkeep of all Starbase sizes by +1. Outposts now cost 1 energy maintenance

More :
>Reimagining a classic PC strategy game such as Dungeon Keeper for the smartphone generation is a tricky proposition, since most of its target audience has never played the original. Unfortunately, Electronic Arts decided to do so in the worst way possible—creating a lame Clash of Clans clone in Dungeon Keeper's clothing and art assets inexplicably lifted from Minecraft, constantly goading the player into spending money on overpriced in-app purchases to get around the long wait times for performing simple actions as building a single room (clearing a single map square, an action that took only a second or two in the original games, can take up to 24 hours here), throwing mean-spirited insults at fans of the original game (by using the old Bullfrog logo as an indicator of a destroyed room), and deliberately inflating the game's rating on the App store by making it so that writing a 1-4 star review will redirect you to a service page, and not actually publishing the review.
The part about reviews actually infuriate me.

Both of those things are better in this patch. Carving out your borders is more frantic if anything and wormholes are actually wormholes now.

Nice. I hope they don't fix megastructure build cap. It's a feature, not a bug.

HOTFIX OUT NOW
>"temporarily" disables WE and brings back WS
>reduced ship upkeep

>Increased energy upkeep of all Starbase sizes by +1. Outposts now cost 1 energy maintenance

I like how they made energy credits even more useless in the game

owning borders are a trap, the good strategy now is having access to the lanes without owning them yourself.

early rush is still on, but its a science rush not a strictly territory one. discovery tradition is now best first pick 100% of the time for super fast surveying to cherry pick good planets and black holes

liar

he's a tech-let who doesn't have enough energy storage to actually use all of that

everyone is like this
always

pacifism and materialism are ethics of the bugman

It's a little bigger than a hotfix.

>2447
Does the game continue to be fun at that point? I think I've only made it past 2350 once, if that

thats fine, cos robutts are meta

outposts should have influence upkeep and no tech/unity malus

From my experience you are correct, nobody wants to trade shit, hence trade enclaves being so important

reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/815mgc/imagine_this_guy_was_your_dad/

can I get some support here guys everyone's downvoting me

F E D E R A T I O N
E
D
E
R
A
T
I
O
N

They should have food upkeep.

>can only trade a maximum of 300 energy per month for a measily 150 mineral
I have planets that generate twice that

let's dissect this: features first
>status quo isn't forced at 100% WE, instead it makes pops unhappy and nullifies influence and unity income
good
>Occupation no longer contributes to War Exhaustion, but instead is displayed as a separate factor in war overview
???
>War Overview no longer attempts to calculate a winner in battles, but simply displays war exhaustion gained by each side
nothing changes, game just tricks you into thinking you gained more than you lost
>Marauder fleets are neutral to bystanders
YES
>It is now possible to test-fire a World Cracker on habitable (but uninhabited) planets in your space
what's the point?
>Added tier 5 Dark Matter thrusters that can only be gained by scavenging Fallen Empire ships
attack fallen empires not to be slow as shit
>Transcendent Learning ascension perk has been added to the game, and it increases leader level cap and empire leader cap
HAHAHAHAHA
>Megastructure resources are now affected by country modifiers
>Space stations now use the country_mult modifier instead of the tile_mult modifier and no longer get the tile_add modifier
they call it new feature instead of bug fix, fucking Swedes
>ship design generating improvements
there are people who use this?

BALANCE
>Reduced War Exhaustion per ship and army killed
WAD t. Wiz
>Militarist ethics now gain -10%/-20% war exhaustion gain instead of army damage bonus
wow, it's actually useful
>Technologies that reduce claim cost now also decrease war exhaustion gain
make warmongering harder, then make it easier. t-thanks
>less war exhaustion when fighting a liberation war
dunno if it was ever a factor
Starbase change is nothing because it's, at best, -50 energy in the late game, while outpost change is really fucking shit. They were bad enough already.
>Base unity income increased from 1 to 2
but wait...

Sorry, but I think you have downs syndrome

>reduced ship upkeep
Where, 2.0.2 patch doesn't say anything.

>* Militarist ethics now gain -10%/-20% war exhaustion gain instead of army damage bonus
Am I retarded or this only apply to Military-Fanatic Militarist?
Which means Ravenous Swarm, Defense Matrix and Fanatical Purifiers don't get any bonus to WE?

And my syncretic slaves

There's techs that reduces the ship costs.
Upkeep is a fraction of the ship's cost.

Which mod?

robots are still balanced

I agree food and a small mineral upkeep for organic empires. Energy and minerals for robot empires.

>Megastructure build cap
WHAT. DOES IT MEAN I CAN'T COVER THE UNIVERSE IN RING WORLDS? HOW HIGH IS THIS CAP ANYWAY?

they fucked it up on purpouse just to make that joke didn't they?

Are robots the way to go for maximum yelds? Wouldn't pacifist + massive use of synths + Spiritualist bonuses give the highest yeld? Or does the Machine World thing compensate/gives more than what i have listed? Care to share your build for another fellow min-maxer of yelds?

I meant sensor arrays, dyson spheres and science nexoses. Though I admit I still haven't tried building multiple spheres and haven't built even one sensor array.

I thought this too, I didn't know there was a cap to how many ringworlds or habitats you could potentially build.

>44 per tile if on a FE homeworld

>It is now possible to test-fire a World Cracker on habitable (but uninhabited) planets in your space

It should be possible to test fire it at anything with various effects pic related.

and influence

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/fe-colonize-cheat.1074232/
Absolutely incredible. I thought the AI didn't cheat?

thats 30% from robots

nigga just go with the resource producing traits on your robots as an end goal, then just tech mad, then terraform your shit, then get a high level governor
megaconstruction out the ass while producing massive fleets lategame

>Base tradition cost increased from 56 to 100 (does not affect the cost increase from number of traditions)
THERE'S MORE!
>Tradition unity cost per system reduced from 2% to 1%
let's ignore it's awful by design and tweak the numbers
>Corvette/Destroyer/Cruiser/Battleship build speed techs now also reduce build cost of that ship type by 5%
heh, going full circle
>Habitats now have their own fortress building (Security Zone) that is effective at unrest reduction but provides only a few defense armies and no FTL inhibitor or bombardment protection
Was Wiz cockblocked by 12 fortress habitat?
>It is now possible to mod away serviles & pre-sapient traits if you have completed biological ascension
jej
>Egalitarian ethics effect on faction influence increased from +15%/30% to +25%/50%

>Corvette Focus trait now requires Destroyers tech (as it's hardly a 'focus' if it's the only ship type possible)
fuck off
>Scout admiral trait reduced from 20% to 10% speed (so Gale-Speed is faster)
doesn't change the fact that a lot of traits now increase sublight speed and they stack
>Admiral now always dies when last ship in fleet is destroyed and there are no disengaged ships to move to
No retreat minmaxers beware
>Drone Mining Lasers are now a bit worse against hull and a bit better against shields
why?
>Broken and shattered planets spawned on galaxy generation can now have deposits
k
>Thrusters now cost different amounts of minerals and give different amounts of evasion based on which ship size they are for (corvette thrusters are cheaper and add more evasion, etc)
changes nothing since everybody will still stick the best ones everywhere for more speed
>Reduced cost of hiring Marauder leaders to 2000 energy
ofc AI will still be able to afford it whenever
>Having an enclave in your border now gives +1 opinion per year instead of +1 opinion per month
that was a bit broken, yeah
>Increased opinion bonuses for ally of ally and mutual rivals, opinion penalties of allying rivals

That was retconned by Wiz with a "oh I though it wasn't important, it's just a misunderstanding".

>2.0.1 didn't fix multiple megastructures
>I guess they're so bad they don't impact multiplayer balance at all.
They really, unironically are though.
It's nonsensical that they would make them either of underpowered or only-allowed-one, but it's doubly nonsensical that they would make them both.

>My WE increases every time I take a starbase by at least 2%
>Enemy's WE increases by ~1% every time he takes a starbase back
>Takes months to travel across a star system
>Enemy is fielding a 12K fleet while I can't have more than 50 ships in a fleet because of the lolsorandumb order of appearance for technologies means I can't decide to research increased fleet size because of retards who bought into the 'deathstacks ruin the game' meme who convinced the developers to put a hard limit on how many ships can be in one fleet
Fuck this game

I'm certain now that 2.0 had no beta testing at all, they just made sure the came worked and there weren't any huge bugs.

We are all currently beta testing for Paradox, for example if the increase in outpost maintenance is too much it'll get reduced or removed without second thoughts.

I'll just wait for 2.1.0 maybe in a month.

> Monthly influence -1
> As a pop trait
oh shit nigga what are you doing

>Megastructure resources are now affected by country modifiers
what does this mean?

Wait, isn't research still fucked up by multiple systems?

man FUCK federations. the AI is so fucking bad it makes me angry

>>It is now possible to mod away pre-sapient traits
Why? For what reason? What's the point of uplifting tech now?

>make a fleet of 50 corvettes
>make a destroyer design with same name
>upgrade fleet
>now you have a 50 destroyer fleet and you only pay 50 naval capacity for them
It's a bug though.

>* Scout admiral trait reduced from 20% to 10% speed (so Gale-Speed is faster)

>Scout Admiral.
>Can't actually Scout the Galaxy.

>Can see ion trails from so far.
>Can't see the star types, planets or pick up transmission from other empires, though.
>If you set systems to be explored in queue, your science ship will go to the center star everytime, literally wasting days or weeks even with modded sublight speed.
>And once he leaves the system without surveying, your mighty empire capable of FTL travel forgets what was there.
Alright, fuck this, I'll go play something else entirely and just stick to playing Aurora when I want space stuff.
I guess I just can't go through this bullshit twice in a row so fast.

Wait for Diplomacy DLC© maybe by september.

Let's say Dyson Spheres give you +1000 energy
Previously they just gave you 1000 energy.
Now with "Cosmic ray catalysis" it's 1050.
Plus "Efficient solar cells", 1100
Plus that 10% wraith thing: 1200
Plus the Investor leader trait: 1300
Plus the Grow Economy agenda: 1400
etc, etc

Actually scout admirals can scout the galaxy, they got sensor range from their trait, meaning they can see one system ahead (unless it's a nebula).
Still a retarded system, mind.

>>Increased opinion bonuses for ally of ally and mutual rivals, opinion penalties of allying rivals
Hey guys, do you miss those galaxy blocks forming and never fading?
>Tributary wargoal is now a bit easier to enforce
I don't trust them
>Combat computers now give evasion_mult instead of evasion_add
LETS BUFF CORVETTES YES
>Asteroid Sighted can no longer pop after the first 50 years, to avoid it happening in large sprawling empires with limited time to respond

>First pirate event now tells you the system where they are based
jej
>Increased time limits of all Special Projects requiring a ship in orbit (new minimum is 3 years)
good
>Federation fleet is now limited to an absolute max naval capacity of 500
but the player is still limited to 1000 because balance
>It is now possible to get the gateway activation tech if you know any other empire that has the technology
good
>When a Federation enforces ideology on an empire, that empire now gets opinion boosts with the entire federation
heh
>Citizen Service civic now also increases unity output from fortress and strongholds by 1
>Aristocratic Elite civic now gives +2 leader cap and +2 governor max level instead of +4 leader cap and -50% leader recruitment cost
breddy good
>Distinguished Admiralty civic increases leader cap by +2
does that mean admirals no longer get +2 level cap?
>Driven Assimilators now have the 'Assimilate' total war CB
ME don't play by rules, again
>Purifier and anti-Purifier CBs no longer require neighboring status (was confusing and unintuitive to players)
you can't hate xenos anymore in your comfy corner of the galaxy
>Nationalistic Zeal civic now gives -10% war exhaustion gain instead of +1 rivalries

>Free Haven now gives xeno migration attraction instead of migration attraction
Swedenistan

If you find some Proles trait primitives (+industry, -research), but what you want is research, you can mod Proles off them

OH
I forgot to mention
The icons for the Traditionalist and Conservationist traits are now identical
>It's a bug though.
It also sounds like too much effort.

Pacifism was a mistake.

cos trait cap

I have no idea what this image is.

Is she going to try killing herself? shes a mermaid, she breaths underwater.

>still no way to see what claims are being made
how do I downgrade to 1.9 pls someone tell

That's what she's trying to figure out.

>fallen empire

TRADITIONS!
>Expansion adoption effect now gives +50% colony development speed (down from +100%)
reee stop being better than Wiz
>Galactic Ambition expansion tradition now gives -20% starbase upkeep instead of +2 starbase capacity
expansion ambition makes you more defensive, I think Paradox is getting clues from Canada this time
>Shared Destiny effect on integration cost reduction changed from -50% to -75%
You can't end up with a vassal, unless you deliberately make one, in which case why would you want to annex him?
>Nihilistic Acquisition can now be taken by purifier-style empires
So do they want to kill all xenos or not?

Edicts
>Drone Campaign food cost increased from 100 to 500
>Learning Campaign food cost increased from 50 to 500
>War Drone Campaign food cost increased from 50 to 500
>Patrol Drones planetary edict is now available to all Gestalt Consciousness-empire
If you have unrest, you're killing alien pops, so the problem will solve itself in time... Anyway, which one didn't have this edict?

UI
>Added building descriptions to traditions that unlock buildings
>Starbase upgrade cost and Module/Building building cost now properly show modifiers affecting them
>Renamed Growth Speed to Pop Growth Speed to be clearer
>Added the correct icons for megastructures and starbases in the control-groups UI
>Contacts view has been improved
>Government view now displays ruler & heir skill stars
>Heir tooltip no longer displays skill effects (as heir has no skill effects until they become ruler)
:thinking:
>Clicking your ruler or heir name in Government View will now allow you to change their name and/or title
>Galaxy resources now show the amount actually collected, and the tooltips give you the list of applied modifiers
>Resource modifier no longer show decimal values
>Removed pointless decimals for starbase caps, planet caps, naval command cap, and naval capacity
>Added the country resources add and multipliers modifiers to the budget tab

>FEs aren't AI
???

For stellaris is there any way to play with a friend in a multiplayer game without owning it on steam ?

>research still tanks from taking systems
Why did they only fix unity and not research too? Are we supposed to rush a science nexus or something? Even with a tall empire I usually only build that when I reach repeatables.

They aren't normal empires. It's like being surprised that marauders aren't playing by the rules either.

those didn't count toward that, like the ones you get from other ascension paths or events

So instead of nerfing Oligarchy they just fuck over everyone else who doesn't piss credits? Nice.

Marauders don't colonize. Can you give me one good reason why FEs shouldn't have to use the same colonization mechanics as everyone else?

1 nrg is nothing

research didnt suffer from the bug that unity did?
also research way easier to get

Some AI changes (fixes)
>AI now activates some of its anti-crisis logic when under threat from a mid-game crisis like the Great Khan
>Added separate definitions for mid-game and end-game crisis factions, with slightly different AI logic to respond to them
>AI no longer picks shared destiny unless it has at least one vassal
>Fixed another cause of AI endlessly inviting player to the same war

Bugfixes...
you know what fuck it I'll make a screencap of the patchnotes next time and be done with it, this is too fucking long

200 systems mean -200 at the minimum, not counting how much more bigger stations cost.

Honestly as a new player I had energy issues, but now I am rolling in it until I get those mineral fabricators. I haven't tried it with this current patch yet, but I think thrifty might counter it if it's a issue.

I just want research to not suck with more than a few outposts

>technologically enlighten some primitive civ
>they insult me

It's big for early game which was already pretty slow.

They fixed the bug AND then reduced Unity cost per system
Kinda weird that did that to unity only

whats so technical about round nuts?
fucking kek

anyhow, it's Steam opt-in beta

Geez how could this happen

no 1 energy is never big at any time

Thinking about finally buying rome europe universals, did they fixed bug with crashes? Is it actually possible to play more than 100 years