/nintyg/-Nintendo General

Dead Thread Redemption edition
This is a general for the discussion of the Nintendo consoles and games released on it
Previous: (we've been dead a while)
Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /smm/, /mk8g/

>Important News
「!」Mario Kart Tour for mobile devices announced: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/958876622517452801
「!」Pokemon Crystal Version has launched on 3DS console: youtube.com/watch?v=trLN4TV4deE
「!」Nintendo Labo announced as a new set of games and peripherals for Switch: youtube.com/watch?v=P3Bd3HUMkyU
「!」New ARMS update out, with a new Gallery and Tournament mode: en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26377/~/how-to-update-arms
「!」Nintendo's paid online services for Switch launch in September: nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-switch-online-launching-in-september/
「!」Mario movie officially announced; made by Illumination: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/958878633652731904/
「!」Bayonetta on switch is available now
「!」New Kirby game to have amiibo support: nintendoeverything.com/kirby-star-allies-has-amiibo-support/
「!」Dragon Quest Builders released for Nintendo Switch, scoop it up if you're into that kinda shit
>Upcoming Releases
Japan - nintendo.co.jp/schedule/index.html
North America - nintendo.com/games/coming-soon/
PAL regions - nintendo.co.uk/Games/Upcoming-Games/Upcoming-Games-753286.html

>New 3DS XL vs New 2DS XL vs 2DS Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Charts
Switch - amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/amiibo-igcc-switch1.jpg?w=646
3DS - amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/amiibo-igcc-3ds3.jpg?w=646
Wii U - amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/amiibo-igcc-wiiu4.jpg?w=646

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals
nintendoeverything.com/last-chance-to-register-physical-switch-launch-games-on-my-nintendo/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

finish

soberbro's straight edge game roll
4,2, or 0 reroll once, if told to reroll repeatedly then weegee
1-weegee
3-smash for wii U
5-brawl
6-mario kart 64
7-mario super sluggers
8-warioware smooth moves
9-mario party 8

Oh nice

>playing Pokemon before bed
>put 3ds xl on desk next to bed
>wake up
>turn on 3ds to play again
>black screen of death
C-cool, I didn’t want to play anyway....

I hope you didn't buy digital, right?

I have a few digital games. The touchscreen can still be used, but neither actually displays anything. Hopefully if I get a new one, I can put them side by side and try to navigate to the system transfer screen.

>play brawl for a match
>switch to weegee to appeal to the /nintyg/ gods
>first mission of the frozen mansion
>halfway thru it, already have the toad
>bullshit with a half destroyed bridge and motion controls
>keep falling off
>ragequit
>my face when
and that's why I still haven't beaten dark moon. bullshit like this

>I can put them side by side and try to navigate to the system transfer screen.
This is a good idea actually.

>still not a n2ds edition worth buying

There are no 2/3DS worth buying at this point.

i bought a 2DS a few weeks ago for like $39 on ebay.

Nice to have a non-modded version for Pokemon stuff.

So what's the issue with the latest model (n2DS?) for 2DS again? No IPS screens?

I remember what you're talking about but I also don't remember it being that hard. Git gud.

nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals

>digital etc.
Capcom Publisher sale, you can get the entire Ace Attorney series for less than $60.

Could someone recommend me Switch game to play short periods of time that's not too hectic?

Mario Odyssey

Snake Pass, Puyo Tetris, Mario Rabbids, Yooka-Laylee, Shantae.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Kirby, but I dkn't think I've ever played a Kirby game worth $60.

Apparently Dragon Quest Builders 2 is coming along nicely bit with some delays because of the engine

The problem with Kirby games is that they've peaked since N64, obviously excluding the spin-offs that have been pretty good.

Kirby has the benefit of having a dedicated studio that can always pump out games at any time of the year, it always feels like there's a new Kirby game coming out, and in the nicest way possible, they're basically 1st part shovelware. But Kirby right now just doesn't have that thrill or challenge that it once was, they feel like Wario Land-likes without the fast paced shoulder charging, they've all been fairly unexceptional for the past decade.

Triple Deluxe is whatever, Robobutt is a reskin, Return to Dreamland was okay but nobody played it. It's all just "whatever," Kirby could really use a re-imagining but nobody seems to mention how stagnated this series has become, cause they keep buying them. If you enjoy 100% games then you'll love new Kirby titles, but that feels like paying $60 for a checklist.

I think the biggest lies in Nintendo's premium 1st party taxing that has no regard for individual quality. They never have any unique pricing unless it's an obviously aware shit title, like Mario Tennis Wii U. (which had a measly $10 drop off)

monster hunter first

No

And dead again

What do you expect? Every major nintendo title has its own general.

Makes you think

>he still plays mario

where are you babt

Xenoblade is great!

Nia best girl

Yeah I love how her and all characters can keep their feet on the ground at all times!

bing bing wahoo motherfucker

this but the boy

hi babt how are you

Disgusting.

finally
time to unleash the beat within

Just started Odyssey yesterday. Am I meant to be spending a lot of time in each kingdom during the main story, or should I wait to really dig into them until post-game? I've heard that things change a fair bit once you beat the main game so I don't know if I want to explore every nook and cranny just to have to redo it all later.

nintendoeverything.com/last-chance-to-register-physical-switch-launch-games-on-my-nintendo/

What the fuck Nintendo

What am I missing, nintyg?

Probably time to play all that.

no dont leave me again

Does anyone have the last version of the recommended 3DS games list

That's pretty dumb. Not even sure of the reasoning behind it either, other than to screw people out of points.

This was a thing. Anyone remember? ;_;

I think it's only missing Radiant Historia?

>Nov 2017

Not bad actually. I wonder if the guy making these stopped here.

I know this is probably asking too much, but would you consider uploading that batch to MEGA or something?

Finding DS roms (much less anything Nintendo) has been annoying for me.

There might actually be something in Downloads bin

Anyone buy this on Switch?
It looks fun.