Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lfPu6oVLN3c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

benis

>/co/-/u/

Post filenames

/toy/ is shit

I want esports fags to die

I am extremely competitive and care a great deal about the team that I manage, but I only visit the board maybe once monthly outside of cup times, though I still feel identified with the team and board. Am I a merc?

You are certainly an attention whore, now fuck off unless you have balls of telling which team you manage

Hell yeah go /vr/

the team you manage should be your main board, if you spend more time on another board then consider switching
if you don't go to any other board more than once a month then someone else should be managing; polls should reflect the change in the board and you can't get the full experience of a board if you visit once a month - long story short you should care about the board more than you care for the team

Attendance numbers over the years table updated.
Coming soon: all-time elite table.

Can't believe the cup is dying.

Better get used to it and brace before the inevitable trainwreck.

Did Dragongate bring people to the stadium?

The two elite cups before dragongate both had more viewers than the subsequent winter and summer cups.

/mlp/ winning a babby brought people to the stadium to replace the people who left though.

>page 10

>I am extremely competitive

/MLP/

>page 9

The cup is not dying. If anything, there are more people working for the cup now than before

Marry me already

Ah, yes. Bloating the sinking ship. That always works and NEVER results in more people drowning.

More people from the rigid core trying to keep it afloat. Not saying it's good or bad, but it's not an useful argument.

The core is rotten and I don't want to do shit when the heads are serially awful at decision making

It's not a useful argument because dying or not, there's nothing to do to change whatever is happenning

There is. You could remove managers. That way big market teams will have the same amount of chances small market teams have of staying up.

>/r9k/
>/lgbt/
>Veeky Forums
>big markets

>let's make small markets even stronger
Quality argument.

The cup peaked in its first few years. Ever since it has remained mostly the same. Any spiked in viewership usually coincides with big boards making deep runs.

Moving it to multiple weeks was probably a bad idea but I remember being so fucking burned after commentating in Summer 2012 when we tried to run it over 2 weeks.

Considering the past few finals, I don't think they need to be, or can be, any stronger.
Goodness knows big markets need the help, though.

>implying small market managers aren't better than big ones by staying here longer whereas big boards recycle shit for 6 months
No managers.

Small markets tend to have better managers as it is. Big markets tend to get newfags or just retards in general.

Managers were a mistake.

>Remove managers
>Give big markets shit exports
>get to laugh at big markets AND removemanager shitters who thought it'd keep their precious shit teams afloat
It'd almost be worth it

>teams with no managers will inevitably get shit exports
Introducing the GOLD MEDALIST in mental gymnastics!

Why are we removing managers again? For fucks sake, it ain't even the off-season.

To keep something like that fair you'd adapt the AATF into a random export distributor.
it's still not going to happen, but it is technically possible

Mid cup auties when?

All markets have the same chances already

Maybe one day you can find a subreddit you feel passionate about one day then. Go manage that team.

Didn't say they would, saying that we should so we can get extra keks.

That's not a bad idea if the time was to come, honestly. Still be shit when /yourteam/ gets the 3-3-4 with 1 SR and Attacking Fullbacks, but then at least it can be said it was given fairly and not just because /merit/ hates them.

/u/ have way too many people with IQs over 80, semi-coherent English, and ability to adapt to things like slight rule changes that could be /a/ or /sp/ or /v/ managers and leading those teams to >glory (or at least something less embarrassing than being the gold defender team or drawing autopilots) instead

I will have you know that 3-3-4 is a legitimate tactic and has won cup games as recently as autumn :^)

2-3-5 just btfo'd the reigning champion

Which was using a 3-2-5. A bad 3-2-5 at that.

>BTFO

Who was using 2-3-5, wasn't paying attention

A PESing of a 3-2-5 is not a blowout of a 3-2-5 (and said 3-2-5 somehow got a 3 goal lead in 8 minutes one match and nearly completed a comeback from 3 down another)

/f/. They also ran two 77 midfielders out of position as two of the five strikers iirc (totally not at all because of Gachimuchi memes) for most of the match.

Should have guessed

There's very little merit in continuing. /yourteam/ already got the best prize the cup can afford: a six month break.

Unless /yourteam/ isn't in the RO16. Then your nightmare isn't over.

>page 10

Stop trying to get me to stop testing for this weekend, /mlp/.

But testing is fun.

>not just stealing /u/‘s tactics and getting a free PESing

stop
you're doing everyone a disservice

>page 9

Page 9 bumps have been going on for years
What's the problem now?

It's always been a problem, we're just now speaking up
let this place die already

Plenty of generals on Veeky Forums get bumped and those that don't just get remade withing the day once they die. I can guarantee you that there are plenty of autists here that won't let this place die but if there is a better way other than completely moving to discord then let us know. Until then page 9 user will most likely keep bumping.

>even thinking that moving to discord is ok

>there are plenty of autists here that won't let this place die
Wish they did. Goodness knows the cup is running on fumes as it is.

because pmb got bored again

I don't think it is, I'm just saying that that option has been brought up and shot down many times. Who cares if the thread slows down, complaining doesn't help.

What if the board you consider to be your main board is a small, slow board but you manage a large, fast board where you end up spending more time on it because there is more happening there?

If you find yourself spending more time on a different board than you would on your main board then you might need to reconsider what your main board is then.
Your home board can change over the years, I know mine has changed before - I wouldn't feel comfortable managing my previous "home" board since I spend way more time on my current main board. This could be viewed differently by other people though.

My home board has changed over the years so I understand what you're saying, but I wouldn't desire to manage my past main boards.

This is the ideal small-market team. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Why aren't other small boards copying /an/?

>/discord/
le mao

Status of mid-cup auties:

Honestly I would've said I had college coursework to do but that's not really the case. I was slacking off on Monday night and before I knew it I hadn't made the auties, even if my practice had always been to just clone the last cup's auties, change a few things around, and wait for the /4ccg/ autists to greentext the errors. And that doesn't really take that much time. So, yeah, sorry, no mid-cup auties this cup, but regular auties to follow the knockouts. I've had doubts about the format actually doing its intended purpose myself but if people still think it does what I intend it to, I'll make sure to be on top of it for Spring and onwards.

In the meantime, are there any categories worth suggesting to be removed / added? Chants have gotten a bit of attention in the past two weeks, for example.

They've had consistent back-to-back third place finishes in the last two cups they've been in. They beat /a/ recently. Maybe their model just works?

/n/ is the ideal small market team.

/an/ in the past year are basically improved 15/16 /out/ (except for the whole “Cinderella cup win” thing). Which isn’t terrible, but it isn’t too much better than mediocre. If you want to shamelessly rip off how a small market team does things, you’ve got at least 5 or 6 better teams to look at. Especially since none of those teams ripped off Valencia.

>This is the ideal small-market team.
then why is it so lukewarm and underwhelming

As befitting a small market team.

oh you

>competitive

You want that? Talk to karth. You two should get along VEEERRY well

I thought that goes to /n/ or pre 2016 /i/?

Add in best blender to coincide with best aesthetics. We have too many good choices to go with this cup

>beat /a/

Off of PES doing a freak glitch and just BARELY getting draws against /int/ and /cm/? Yeah they should’ve gotten 3 points from draws and fucked off to the babbies.

Pretty sure best blender is already covered with best new model

That is true. There are so many new models that we have another winter 16 case of 3 winning it

>this is what peak performance looks like
thats not /u/

The joke

Your head

>Small Market
>Fun games
>Exciting tactics
>Clean aesthetics
>Good team music
>Overall strong team
I'd give it to /n/ too

This. You also forgot

>in every elite cup since inception
>took down /sp/ with memorable 77 goal
>beat /mlp/ with an insane game
‘s insane 2 goals in 5 minutes
>manager makes special kernings for teams they play against

This is what makes small markets fun.

/gd/ v /n/ is a good opener for the RO16.

my condolences to whoever's trying to figure what thomas the tank engine mashup to use though

Yeah but most of them are just one off occasions, whereas what I mentioned will apply every game except vs /int/
But yeah, a colourful team that entertains.
Love the Kerning stuff too.

>implying it wasn't the same person

Remove best kits.
I don't remember anyone besides /sp/ and /toy/ having new kits

Yeah. /n/ always delivers with their anthems also alongside /f/ and even /jp/ whenever they play teams like /vr/ and Veeky Forums

/co/ I think had new kits

Current Mood: youtube.com/watch?v=lfPu6oVLN3c

EDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE![/Spoiler]

How many teams have had new kits per cup, on average? That should probably be a better metric for whether Best New Kits should stay or go

Didn't /h/ use new kits?

>page 9

There should be enough teams per cup to keep it as a multiple choice option with a few selections.
I personally enjoy the new kit section - it shows which teams are updating some smaller aesthetic options.

Benuldies pub simulator when?

>page 9

The calm before the storm. 16 teams lay in front of us, and only 1 makes it out this weekend. Who will be victorious and who will be the loser?

>who will be the loser
All of us.