/simg/ Simulation Games General

dead edition

old >> 206817998
>DCS: Do not buy M-2000C/NTTR and modules released AFTER those from steam(released after 12th May 2017), because you can't use them in stand-alone.TeamSpeak
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Falcon BMS Alternative Launcher:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B9l8t2itS4vkOHAxa0tKdzI2aEk/view
Your pain setting up controls is over
i.imgur.com/R5bNpo7.png
i.imgur.com/l68Wzlm.png
i.imgur.com/ylhQnWD.png

>Falcon 4, BMS, SF2, real-life flight manuals and field manuals.
mega.nz/#F!r11BxCRC!nC2Rttjjx8WLqvPF-6SYKw
>US Army Manual Index
pastebin.com/m98ZrWpP

>Link to this OP text
pastebin.com/Tsc71yaf

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/SimulationGamesGeneral

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E

>Planes pastebin
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tanks pastebin
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat/Submarine pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Strike Fighters 2 For Dummies
pastebin.com/M5JQ2S7A

>Example of welcome games
>Flight Sims
Falcon BMS, DCS: World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Strike Fighters X
>Driving Games
Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, Euro Truck Sim, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, DiRT Rally, OMSI 2
>Ground Sims
SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Graviteam Tactics, Combat Mission
>Submarine Sims
Silent Hunter, Ship Simulator, Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters
>Misc Sims
Command: X, Swat 4

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/ /cwg/

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3413060#post3413060
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well I guess I should stop trying to keep this shit general alive and just move to fucking hoggit.

bmp general

A challenger appears!

do it you faggot take the discord niggers with you

P I M P E D

Can you imagine the keks if this thing crashes during its maiden flight?

Looks like some meme devised by SpaceX

Also, why not just put one big fuselage on it instead of two? That kind of autism belongs to Blohm und Voss

If I had to guess I'd say it's to allow for bigger wingspan without compromising structural integrity. Like having three wing sections 40 m each held by two fuselages is less fragile than just one fuselage with 60 m of wing on each side

But what do I know

The problem is that there's nothing to discuss, and when we do discuss something; it's a fucking stupid argument.
The MK82 argument last thread was the epitome of retardation. No one had evidence for either side and it was just a shitty yelling fit with people posting unrelated articles hoping that it supported their side.

This is what simg has become, a shitty yelling fit between bouts of imagedumps to keep our dying thread relevant.

Also this can be traced back to the discussion about navigation where we conclusively determined that most people here don't even want to play the simulator part of our simulator games.

Half of the time we start discussing ANYTHING it ends with us arguing if slavshit was ever any good. Even if we start discussing nato shit, it'll devolve into slavshit eventually.

Even if someone started playing something niche like Strike Fighters 2 and giving progress reports, it would devolve into bitching about slavshit. Every time we talk about IL2 it goes into bitching about slavshit. every time we talk about DCS it devolves into wishing for slavshit or posting images of slavshit. Every time we start talking about natoshit, it turns into an imagedump because literally no one has anything to add except more pictures of natoshit.

at least here we can openly talk about how shit dcs is.

WHERE IS THE FUCKING UPDATE?
I want to fly at night alredy for fucks sake.

>No one had evidence for either side and it was just a shitty yelling fit with people posting unrelated articles hoping that it supported their side.
You just described 99% of all arguments on the internet.

I enjoyed the navigation discussion and was looking forward to incorporating it in my flights. More sim for simg, please

Navigation is cool

I should get serious and actually learn the Huey, so far all I've done with it is flying around trying to get a good feel for the controls and how it behaves. Does it have tacan or is it even more basic than that?

Im 99% certain its just one shitposter who derails every discussion into complete garbage because he thinks hes funny or to shit up the thread so shitcord gets more attention

Also, check my fucking quads

Yes, you can navigate with beacons fairly easy. You can also home on dropped points, used for collecting downed pilots in some multiplayer severs.

Has anyone tried slinging anything in the Huey since the exhaust heat patch? Is it possible to list anything?

forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3413060#post3413060

heh

I thought he was already officially part of ED

Czech'd
I thought digits were disabled on Veeky Forums

LEL
E
L

>changes his name because of all the baggage shitspawn carries with it
What a total fucking faggot

What baggage? What has he done?

Wait, that's not the image I posted
What the fuck is this, chink moot?

>What the fuck is this, chink moot?
this shit has happened since long before that guy took over

Heatblur is gonna start doing F-14 videos soon, that'll give us more talk to about than we've had in months.

>X module will bring simg back to life!
We were active for maybe a week or two when the Harrier was released and then we promptly went back to being dead. I doubt it will be any different with the Tomcat or the Hornet

>Gets banned for posting anime or furry shit on discord
Wow discord niggers, really hate em don't you

it doesnt matter what planes get added to dcs as long as there is fucking nothing to do with them.

i want a campaing where i can play as a mercenary and manage my budget
>dynamic campaing
>generated missions that change a lot based on how your campaing is doing
>persistent damage/maintenance, munitions
never ever

>campaing

>problem is that there's nothing to discuss
>Example of welcome games
>Flight Sims
>Falcon BMS, DCS: World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Strike Fighters X
>Driving Games
>Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, Euro Truck Sim, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, DiRT Rally, OMSI 2
>Ground Sims
>SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Graviteam Tactics, Combat Mission
>Submarine Sims
>Silent Hunter, Ship Simulator, Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters
>Misc Sims
>Command: X, Swat 4
THAT is your problem. Rename the general into /dcsg/ because that's the only "simulation" you people play.

I’ll get into BMS if someone can sell me on the f16

It carries every weapon you can think of and a few you've never heard of
It's the definitive 4th generation fighter
If you don't like it ur gay

>camping
>champagne
its a shitty word

To keep this alive everyone discuss or post pics of your setups, driving or flight. I'm currently running a logitech 3d pro with a saitek x52 throttle I got for cheap on ebay. Considering either nig rigging my own throttle/button box together or just investing in something nice. What are yous guys looking for planning to build buy in the future?

Anyone got a dl link for Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy? I remember seeing one around before /wgg/ died

at least hexfag is back

playing dcs with a 360 controller
i also dont ask for permission before i land

Don’t worry, it was over 10ft away from the bmps in the target area so they were fine

There is only one BMP in that image

How do the missions play out? Can you choose your role or are you stuck doing the things the ai is bad at.

f15 is God’s plane?[\spoiler]

Better than that, BMS missions are basically a gigantic RTS game that you're a small part of. You can choose any role you want, but you still need to think of the overall war effort because the enemy AI will send tanks and bombers at your airbases to flatten them, and might even succeed if your defenses are crappy.

It is the definitive dynamic campaign.

Pick whatever the AI is fragged or frag your own package, it's genuinely retard proof and you can spend the whole war doing AA sorties if you want to

I was doing was said, but I've recently bought a gladiator 2.
also I call my landings because i'm not a fag

Reminder that:
>DCS is a fun sim
>IL-2 is a fun sim

im bored and very much fed up with dcs

Should i play il2(the old one thats like 2$) or bms?
Which one is less likely to make me hate it even before i could get the game to run properly?

What do you usually fly in DCS? If you fly modern stuff you'll probably enjoy BMS a lot more.

viggen or mirage but casually with a 360 controller
and helis

can you set up the view in bms to a stick on the controller?

Not sure how you would bind all the computer controls for BMS to a controller. Do you also use your keyboard?

Just plug in a second controller

yes and the mouse too.
I remember someone saying the looks cant be binded to axis in bms.

ah fuck it, gona try to set up bms

ADF is really easy to use, look up the one minute DCS nav tutorial for the Huey, it's easy as all hell.

>these threads

>"you must first accept the rules..."
Oh now i remember why i gave up on this last time.
And before that...

Soviet Motor-Rifle doctrine is actually pretty fucking stupid.

The supporting IFV shouldn't be assaulting to close range with the infantry because it is exposing itself to artillery fire aimed at its own troops. Also destruction of the IFV in close proximity would injure or severely demoralize the infantry, and most damning of all, the vehicle is voluntarily entering the enemy's RPG range which seems pants-on-head retarded.

Why are you putting your IFVs in the role of a tank when said IFV doesn't have the armor (Not that even Soviet tanks have adequate armor) to be a tank?

Who the fuck even knows anymore? Its not like their doctorines saw a lot of field testing.
Its soviet, so the reason can be a lot of things from lack of research funding to lack of fucks given.

>Its not like their doctorines saw a lot of field testing
>what are the arab-israeli wars

idk, im not a nerd

>calling people nerds
>in simg
?

The idea is that there would be so many of them that destroying one or trying to suppress fire on just one would be fruitless. It dates back to swarm strategies from WW2.

You kill one, all it does is make the infantry pour out, and you still have four or five more barreling in your direction.

>The idea is that there would be so many of them that destroying one or trying to suppress fire on just one would be fruitless.
That's stupid. Even if you have superior numbers, then it stands to reason that you still utilize your forces intelligently and move with care then you not only defeat the enemy with less forces than you'd otherwise spend, you also have more reserves to deal with unforeseen contingencies.
>It dates back to swarm strategies from WW2.
Excepts those involved tanks because Soviet forces had next to no mechanization.
>You kill one, all it does is make the infantry pour out
If by "infantry" you mean "charred corpses", sure.
>you still have four or five more barreling in your direction.
Which are clearly exposed and at the speed they'd be driving to stay behind the infantry, are practically sitting ducks.

This is opposed to you trying to kill some dismounts only for ATGMs to be suddenly hitting your armor from much further back and possibly from concealed or hull down positions, or now you have autocannon fire raining all over the house you're sitting in and you can't do a damn thing to whatever's shelling you.

>That's stupid. Even if you have superior numbers, then it stands to reason that you still utilize your forces intelligently and move with care then you not only defeat the enemy with less forces than you'd otherwise spend, you also have more reserves to deal with unforeseen contingencies.
Wow, I've never heard someone sum up soviet war tactics as elegantly as you just have.

Sure, all of what you said seems extremely obvious in hindsight. Would you believe most of the world didn't know what you're saying until after the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan? This is why the United States thought the Bradley would be the most worthless APC ever devised initially.
Military strategy has come a long way since the blitzkrieg era.

They don't operate in a vacuum on their own. In the grand scheme of things, they're nothing more than battle taxis.

I dont want simg to die. Please dont die.

lego mig will save us

Would you play a Lego flightsim that treats everything with fidelity to real life, but everything is made out of legos?

If you want to cling to it so much you can go over to shitscord. It'll stick around for a few months before the rest of /simg/ evaporates and it dies off.

Or maybe ED finally gets their shit together and releases a patch that fixes some of the countless issues. Maybe that would get some attention.
sim games are so dead even the other sims game got offed.

>le discord conspiracy

>Would you believe most of the world didn't know what you're saying until after the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan?
No, because the US knew how to properly utilize mechanized forces long before Afghanistan happened. Vietnam helped us more than it hurt us because the big lessons we took from it were that A) Airmobile operations and helicopters are really, really fucking good, and B) it taught us how to defeat enemy air defense networks via SEAD and tactics.
Everything we needed to form Airland Battle was there before Afghanistan happened. Russia still has no idea how to tackle it, they are in the position of NATO in the 60's-70's - "We're fucked conventionally, may as well spam nukes everywhere" which is apparent in that their most broadcasted and advertised military capabilities remain their nuclear and counter-nuclear arsenal rather than new tanks or aircraft.

>This is why the United States thought the Bradley would be the most worthless APC ever devised initially
The Bradley (Which amounts to a taller and much better equipped BMP) was thought to be worthless because it was seen as trying to do too many things at once. The idea was that the point of an APC was to drop off troops and then fuck off. Well then they figured "Oh hey, we can drop troops, and then also cover them from a good position which makes a huge fucking difference because the platoon now has four autocannons and TOW launchers that can aim and fire much faster than their dismounted variants, relocate quickly, and have the speed to adequately support the heavy armor".

>In the grand scheme of things, they're nothing more than battle taxis
No, a "battle taxi" takes troops to where they need to go then fucks off. These IFVs were meant to advance with the infantry at all times even after dismount and stay 50-100 meters behind them during the assault.

Finally making decent landings!

As for "properly utilize mechanized forces" - the US knew that since Yom Kippur. It wasn't Groznyj or Afghanistan that destroyed the idea of large mechanized formations in the open, it was the Yom Kippur war, where either side of the conflict - regardless of their support or mechanization, attempting a "Blitzkrieg" meant absolute doom because weapons (like newly emerging ATGM systems) were accurate at range to the point that even with a 5:1 numbers advantage your neat wedge or diamond formation barreling down a field would be absolutely slaughtered.

More Israeli and Arab tanks were destroyed in 20 days than the US had tanks in Europe period. That was when the old "WW2" style of thinking died in the west (Except for the Bundeswehr). That was when the Americans realized, "Well fuck, using the terrain and shooting from cover and fighting delaying actions using a series of good or engineered positions was a lot fucking better than sending a giant ball of units into the fray and hoping the numbers came out in your favor".

What did the Soviets learn from Yom Kippur? "Okay, looks like we WILL have to use tactical nukes en masse". None of their equipment was built to fight deliberate battle, it was built for zerging. When it became apparent that enemy weapon systems were more than sufficient to defeat the zerg rush, they gave up on the idea of conventional warfare or escalation.

Congrats!
now I gotta do that instead of mowing the lawn for a half mile before touchdown

>More Israeli and Arab tanks were destroyed in 20 days than the US had tanks in Europe period
I actually didn't know that.

Flying while drunk is fun.

first try figuring out what it's meant for brainlet

God damn the F-5 is SO comfy

I love this plane bros.

>joint F-4 and F-5 ops

F-4 is still at least a year away

Is it a Belsimtek module? That would be great

It is

nice touchdown. I always overshoot and just pretend I meant to land somewhere else, anyway

Don't worry, real pilots do the same thing, and I would know!

yep, just dont try to learn new things on /simg/ while drunk

I see you are flying at the DCS approved dusk