How so? I thought they were respected.

I meant unfairly maligned. ffs

Spanish Inquisition.

Conquistadores.

European colonizers

Winner winner chicken dinner

spanish black legend

This

do you mean most persecuted, or have undeservedly the worst reputation?

If the former, then probably Christians, they've been persecuted forever.

If the latter, I'm going to have to unironically say Nazi Germany. Not cause I think they were good, I just don't think they were particularly worse than the others of their time. The "heroes", i.e. the americans, brits, russians, killed far more people in their genocides and in the african and indian colonies. Nazis are painted as a literal incarnation of satan when they were just another power trying to act imperialistic and get strong, no different to great britain or the soviet union

In a couple hundred years most people will actually think this way

Gives me mixed feeling desu

I think the Nazi suffer from bringing to the fore just how ugly ethno-centerism can become just like the communist are examples of roses are planted where thorns grow.

Gypsies.

For good reason.

Plebs always trying to make the IRA out as the good guys and reality just won't let them.

Nobody were the good guys during the troubles.

I dunno I'd say the vast majority of the population going about their lives ignoring the whole thing as much as possible were pretty squeeky clean.

I agree to some extent on your second point, but aren't there also significant differences between Nazi Germany's genocides and the others (well, maybe not Russia)

In comparison to the British and the Loyalists they were.

Don't even start. You're fucking pathetic.

I don't give a fuck about your comparisons the IRA were complete faggots for existing after 1919.

vast majority of holocaust deaths were due to disease and starvation, and i seriously doubt in the latter years of the war the nazi government was keeping firm control over it, they had probably no idea how many were dying. If gas chambers were used, I'm not denying they were used, just saying that if they were, there's not much evidence to show they were used on a huge basis and were most likely experimental. But given that the vast majority of deaths occured due to famine and disease, its not really that different to the holodomor or the huge famines that occured in africa or the bengal under british rule when the british intentionally diverted food.

>waaaaaahhhh how dare those evil papists rise up after we treated them like dirt! they took muh fleeeggg!!!!1!

I think he meant that Unionists Militias were just as bad as the IRA yet not nearly as reported

Have you followed Ian Paisley Jr.'s advice and got your Irish passport yet?

Nah cry more no one with a career job gave a shit and still doesn't.

>Who are the maligned group in history! Just groups like the IRA tho no Nazi's though we don't want to be politically edgy!
What a meme.

>ethno-centrism
>ugly

I hate you so much.

Reminder that the British army and loyalists (who were secretly supported by British intelligence) killed a far higher percentage of civilians compared to combatants than the IRA.

Doesn't make the IRA any better just because they had a shitty k/d.

The troubles were like two spaz's having a larp sword battle in the school canteen. The lesser spastic was still a spastic.

The paddy-factor would always reduce the amounts of deaths

>doesn't make the IRA any better just because they had a shitty k/d
IRA killed the most combatants out of the three sides as shown on the graph. Unless you mean to imply killing civilians is a good thing.

Really helping your case there with the anti-Irishness. And again you imply that the IRA wanted to kill civilians. Interesting that the people arguing that the IRA were evil think killing civilians is good.

I don't mean to imply shit except they're a bunch of edgy tryhards just like their plastic paddy fanboys.

Did you show your wife's son how you won medals down in Flanders?

>do you mean most persecuted
>If the former, then probably Christians, they've been persecuted forever.

The Jews win on that front.

I prompt the IRA discussion because it always brings up good discussion. Nazi is just tiresome at this point IMO. NTM we've all heard the Nazi aren't that evil talking points. If I wanted some edgeless discussion I'd go to reddit

You're the fool being edgy and trying to act like a hard nihilistic edgemeister "fukn micks xD haha eat a le potato am i funny guise"

you literally come off like a /b/tard in 2008 and you're still calling other people edgy

>War on Terror + 15 years
>Actually believes that every "civilian" killed by security forces was just a random guy who dindu nuffin

>I prompt the IRA discussion because it always brings up good discussion.
You're clearly not from Northern Ireland.

>Republicans killed the most Republicans
>Loyalists killed the most Loyalists

What a bunch of retards

I guess it's the difference between systemic extermination and a byproduct of just taking land. Also there's pic related
Nah

this is the internet. obvsly I wouldnt bring that up in Northern Ireland

>after 1919
are you thick?

when was the Anglo-Irish treaty?
are you saying the War of Independence was terrurism too

clueless fuck