/emugen/ - Emulation general

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

raw.githubusercontent.com/libretro/glsl-shaders/master/handheld/console-border/gbc-lcd-grid-v2-6x.glslp
raw.githubusercontent.com/nosh01/retroarch-overlays/master/Nintendo-Game-Boy-Color-Bezel-16x9-2560x1440.png
aliexpress.com/item/Aliens-gun-sets-Paradise-lost-House-of-dead-4-Let-s-go-Jungle-double-gun-shooting/32836813224.html
citra-emu.org/game/phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-dual-destinies/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Be nice

Stop dying

Been playing the PC version and Randy didn't bother to put in an FOV slider. I can change it by manually editing the files, but every time I get in a vehicle, the FOV auto resets to 70. Any way to prevent that?

why

>page 9

It would be great if Veeky Forums would stop pruning threads after 30 minutes.

>It would be great if Veeky Forums would stop pruning threads after 30 minutes.
Actually it was even faster than that, less than 20 minutes between the last post and thread ded.

the board has too many threads
but the dumb jap who owns the site is too much of a jew to increase the page count

This. When Veeky Forums was first created in 2012, each thread had a 1000 post bump limit and the page limit was very high, and slower threads like /emugen/ could last for weeks.

But there's many more threads being created today than there were then, but the page count has remain unchanged. So threads will die off fast if they don't get constantly bumped with shitposting.

just ordered a 2tb hyperspin drive. see ya later suckers. no more scraping artwork for me!

You are the problem.

yah. i feel kinda bad about that. I suppose I'll get over it by browsing my massive library using only the power of my voice. lets see retrotrash do that!

So the indian guy brofisted Chun Li so hard she went flying while not Hulk jumped off his face? That's what I'm getting from that image. And is the person in the back skateboarding, or just standing there awkwardly for some reason?

Anyone using a DS3+SCP Toolkit and Project64 here? I just can't get NRage to recognize the controller's motors to enable rumble. I'm doing anything wrong? It works in every other emulator or game.

the native american man is using the power of his spirit-genders to fight other titans out of frame.
The woman in the background is exploding.

SP must pay for his crimes.

Kakashi please.

Hey guys what are the latest dramas pls tell

don't let it die

What shader?

raw.githubusercontent.com/libretro/glsl-shaders/master/handheld/console-border/gbc-lcd-grid-v2-6x.glslp

I wonder how good PS3 emulation will be by 2020

Someone needs to make a proper atomic purple gbc overlay based off a cropped HD photo instead of that gross computer generated shit.

That looks awful. GB/C games look tons better with crisp pixels.

Someone posted this a while back. It needs some touchups but it's a start.

Shit, that actually looks pretty good. Why isn't that in the shader resources folder already?

They don't want to add tons of borders to the shader repositories directly, because it increases the size of the shader downloads. It might be better to have a separate repository for borders that you can just drop into the shader folder.

It's seems kind of dark. And I don't even have gbc-color and I set the gain setting all the way to 2

raw.githubusercontent.com/nosh01/retroarch-overlays/master/Nintendo-Game-Boy-Color-Bezel-16x9-2560x1440.png

gross

Well, it's simulating a non-backlit LCD so it probably shouldn't be too bright.

maybe if they stop using giant PNGs for every image

Shoulda used PNGCRUSH

JPEG would reduce image quality though. And I'm not sure if the shader spec supports uses JPEGs as textures.

you're right, it should be more authentic

So all those "accuracy" fixes for Beetle PSX didn't actually fix anything, and it hasn't been touched since.

Use mednafen you maximum retard maxtarded tard.

Of course not, it just passes more meme tests now.

This is literally painful to look at.

>russian hackers still haven't decapped & fully simulated the ps1 at the electron level

Why even live
Why russians be so good

It's probably the chromatic aberration effect of the subpixel colors.

Has there ever been a more consistently disappointing emulator than Dolphin? Literally every big change they've ever hyped up has been a massive failure.

There were accuracy regressions compared to standalone, and Simias fixed that issue. If you want accuracy to be increased beyond that, you'll have to ask Our Lady.

What are you emulating right now?

Pikmin 2 with crisp pixels.

Nothing because this pissed me off so much I might be done with games altogether.

i dont think he fixed all of it yet. i remember him talkin about some gpu code that needs fixing

What does that actually do? It's supposed to reduce the effect of interlace flicker on CRTs, right? Doesn't Pikmin have a native 480p mode anyway?

I actually don't know what it does. I remember the image in the box would look different when toggling it on real hardware, but of course Dolphin doesn't do anything.

Anyone know anything about guns like this? How do they work? Does it work with MAME?

aliexpress.com/item/Aliens-gun-sets-Paradise-lost-House-of-dead-4-Let-s-go-Jungle-double-gun-shooting/32836813224.html

He got all of it about a week ago. There's some anomalous behavior in that Beetle won't display the GPU tests until they finish, but they do finish (in the exact same amount of time that they do on standalone), and they end up displaying the same results as standalone.

Just use ePSXe from Play Store, since it is the most accurate PS1 emulator.

This. ePSXe is the Official PS1 Emulator of /emugen/!
PCSX-R PGXP? Fuck off!
Mednafen/Beetle? kys elitist!
Xebra? Hell no!

this

This. It's more accurate than the console itself.

Where is a good place to talk about arcade and console emulation stuff beyond shaders and meme shit?

Reddit.

You aren't supposed to talk about that.

Whats your FPS.

you would probably have more luck in /vr/ desu

Whatd the current best PC Engine Emulator? I have the urge to play Rondo of Blood.

/emugen/ - Trannies, Gangstalking, Pedophile Apologists, Cyberbullying, Fat Elves, Autism, Schizophrenia, Birdo, Catboys

Better than PCSX2 for sure ;-)

>Pedophile Apologists
There is nothing wrong with that desu

This, but unironically. Dramafags have been ruining this general.

r/emulation is the Official /emugen/ discussion board! Please go and stay go.

this place doesn't know dick about arcades to answer that kinda question. most people here probably think its a light gun.

It looks like it's basically a replacement part for shit like the Terminator arcade game, and those are just joysticks and I don't think you even used the sights on them. If there's drivers it will probably show up as a stick or even a mouse, so there's no reason it wouldn't work, but again, it's basically a joystick, so I don't really get the point.

There really isn't a good solution to light gun games. The only thing really out there is shit that works like the Wii remote, but that's laggy and inaccurate as fuck.

Why don't you answer it then, cunt?

>tfw no russian streamfu

She looks like a qt genderswapped orville redenbacher.

T2 used potentiometers. Not exactly a joystick in the usual sense.

That's pretty much exactly how joystick work though.

kill the slut, fuck the ryzen, marry the 1070

>fuck the ryzen, marry the 1070

don't judge me

>that hairline

ayyyyy
lmao

I just mean you got them in the wrong order

you can't turn on a ho into a housewife

I don't even have an account there, but I unironically like /r/emulation for news.
I would have a hard time looking for them around here with all the shitposting and shaderposting.

rpcs3 playable when

The mods seem to do a decent job filtering out the shit.

30 most of the time, 20 something in crowded town areas and the like

bump

Which game(s)?
Don't expect demanding games to run well anytime soon, just get a CFW'd PS3

Can reicast on Android ruin Naomi games? I want to play Melty Blood on my phone

>!

What happened to that RPCS3 change that was going to double performance? Some autist started shitting his diaper and it was removed?

Dude just like buy a better CPU lol!

citra-emu.org/game/phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-dual-destinies/

I'm trying to this game on Citra on the exact version it recommends, yet the game still runs slowly and has fucked up audio despite the rating saying it's "Perfect" and that "works as intended without any workarounds needed." Any help? I have a strong PC so that can't be the problem.

Wait for the new performance update and try again. Hopefully it'll be out soon.

That doesn't really explain the false advertising but okay.

>I have a strong PC so that can't be the problem
(X) doubt

I have a CFW PS3. I just prefer to emulate if I can, and my PS3 will die eventually.

I have a GTX 1080 and Ryzen 1600 so fuck off with your shitposting.