/dbfzg/ - Dragon Ball FighterZ General

Last time on /dbfzg/:Perfect editon

>DLC Pack 1 revealed:
i.imgur.com/833zlQV.jpg (embed)

>Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>PS4 and Xbox controls:
i.imgur.com/FmZtlvQ.jpg (embed)

>PC system requirements:
i.imgur.com/Qh9Ie78.jpg (embed)

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>List of hidden mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1QyuykC4D5zpnOKt_qyn20ZZzO168Az7Suu_ojD4SVWg/preview#

>How to unlock Android 21 and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta:
shoryuken.com/2018/01/23/heres-how-to-unlock-ssgss-goku-ssgss-vegeta-and-android-21-in-dragon-ball-fighterz/

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
[YouTube] [DBFZ] Optimal universal solo combo route for most chars? (No assists, no SB, midscreen) (embed)

>Numeric Notation Sheet:
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg (embed)

>Hitbox/Hurtbox info:
pastebin.com/iG5fwJMw (embed)

>Network colors (the square next to the name):
twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/959640513669349378 (embed)

>Ranks and their respective amounts of BP:
i.imgur.com/zhwN8jg.png (embed)

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gac1qZIkAzs
youtube.com/watch?v=7PGFmUP24qI
youtube.com/watch?v=bKHga3gFdLc
youtube.com/watch?v=dCaMh_pWNc0
youtu.be/DK-bSOHPlbE?t=234
sites.google.com/view/dbfzhbtchamber/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vStxd3co41pIsJuRt98kl_EQDaAxjHnHP1y76kzU8018Wv_MAhYUqV7ATyTWUkGddxMJQSt-05vbDL_/pubhtml
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for kid goku plz

First for BADMAN

DAMN YOU, KAKAROT

>Yamcha gets an easy double overhead or overhead/low mixup into full combo on top of his frametraps and left/right shenanigans
Why are so many people sleeping on this character

Is ssj goku a decent anchor?

Is 8 frame enough to throw-off 2h reactions? Was playing against a guy who I'm certain I was better than, but my 2H punishes on the super-dash were always way too slow to save me and I can't tell if I'm just retarded and need to get better or if I just not bother since I don't have daigo-tier instincts

That's the best spot for him imo

How's the game on Steam EU? I kind of want to play but I'm worried about it being dead already.

because he's stuck on the ground

Yeah, it's fucking dead. Just ignore that it's still the most played fighter on pc.

That doesn't tell me anything about how it's split between regions though.

Good thing the game is 3v3

Win the neutral with someone who isn't grounded, ultimate Z-change into down spirit ball, start the pressure.

because it all gets defeated by reflect, and if yamcha fucks up once he's eating a 50% combo into HKD 50/50 oki vs people who actually play top tier

aside from his great j.H hitbox, you can stall out nearly all his pressure by just jumping around, too

>game has been working flawlessly since the patch (PC)
>just got my orange square
bros... im scared... but also aroused

Honestly, I think he could work out. Could be interesting if they gave him his bo for some range on his attacks.

>aside from his great j.H hitbox, you can stall out nearly all his pressure by just jumping around, too
That's what IAD H dive kick is for user

you can say that about anyone, especially a.16 or a.gohan

now, why play a character with flimsy gimmick pressure vs the two dirtiest characters in the game? a.16 and a.gohan don't have to worry about a jab or a deflect ruining their pressure

Congrats

Hope you're already at Elder Kai or above in ranked because if not people are gonna start ducking you like crazy

I also recently got an orange square, 21 bro. I like how pinks and oranges seem to get their own sekrit club lobby

I hope to christ 16 is nerfed into the ground

>have an orange square
>0 ranked wins, 3 losses

How does this work exactly?

are you enjoying the anime music pack?
youtube.com/watch?v=Gac1qZIkAzs
youtube.com/watch?v=7PGFmUP24qI
youtube.com/watch?v=bKHga3gFdLc

Touhou truly is the MLP of video games.

I think something is wrong with my stick or internet connection.

This whole time I keep feeling like I am getting opened up in BS ways. Well today I decided I was just going to test it.

Turns out that I will just stop blocking sometimes. Maybe it's the lag online and maybe the stick has too much built in lag that it does that thing where it "skips" frame inputs.

As I was writing this post, it just dawned on me that there may not be enough voltage getting to my stick. I have it plugged into one of those USB splitters four ways. Just the other day it wouldn't even turned on so I unplugged a bunch of stuff from the 4 way and then it started working again.

I'm an ass.

the win/loss count is ranked only, while the square color gets affected by everything, even party matches

I rank into someone in casual with a fucking 19 frame delay

I just fucking put down the controller, fuck that noise. Why do they people play the game

What are the ratios for the colors? I've only been playing ring matches against friends and get stomped even in many casual matches otherwise.

not sure, I heard you can only get affected by the same color or the color directly above/under

Not sure how it is with lower rank, but you can only get from orange to pink by beating other orange squares and only lose pink by losing to other pinks.

>only lose pink by losing to other pinks.

Wait, a pink can lose as many as he wants against a green and this will not change the rank?

Yeah, I play a lot against a friend of mine who is a green square because he doesn't play a lot of different people.
We go back and forth but I never lost a rank to him and he never gained any for beating me.

Jiren for FighterZ when?

Oh , good to know, thanks.

when he's made enough actions to construct a moveset, so never

In Season 3, i guess.

Can you combo into a dramatic finish?

How do I up my neutral? I'm getting bodied in demon rank

He's in Xenoverse 2 now. He's got enough of a moveset to be in FighterZ if we have characters like SS Vegeta and Goku with his 3 kamehamehas.

>practice combos all day
>still end up button mashing

It's nerves, just like how people who play sports go on tilt and perform worse sometimes. Just have to fight until you get over them, probably best to get a training partner to kick your ass until you get over it.

It just took me over 1000 k but I finally got Goku's 9th color. FUCK. NOW I NEED BLUEKU'S ONE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>practice combos
>find a different thing that combos by accident
>the combo is shitty and unoptimal but fun to pull off
>spend all day practicing that over the optimal spreadsheet combos

why the fuck sometimes when you vanish the character will not fucking kick and instead he stands there in the air like a fucking asshole goddamn if this happens again one more time im gonna fucking scream

were you sparking? sparking lets you vanish cancel

why the heck haven't they announced a release date for the DLC yet?

If you hold the vanish button too long you will do a empty vanish while sparking. I've lost games like that too user.

in sparking, if you hold the vanish you empty vanish, which lets you do anything off of it

jesus christ thank you

God dammit, I can't even begin to count the number of times I tried to do a quick change and a regular assist comes out while I proceed to die.

Just hold it down user. It's a matter of time.

Yamcha is Doctor Doom apparently.

youtube.com/watch?v=dCaMh_pWNc0

What the heck is a follower supposed to be anyway?

Why is everything in this FUCKING safe

>sparking and corner
insta-closed

Don't watch the full combo, that shit isn't viable. What is viable is the first few seconds of the combo that does shittons of damage for no effort

Cool I'll give him a try seems easy as fuck to use

a friend of my coming from sfv thinks literally everything is unsafe

Isn't vanish +2 on block? I swear, sometimes my opponent gets their jabs out first after blocking it and I don't understand why

>white square playing the most tier whore team in the game
>obviously a smurf with his record and the way he plays
>gets wrecked
>quits after one game
God that was satisfying

I'm starting to think it's only for certain characters

how is he doing that?

>Xenoverse 2 Jiren

>that MK Jax tier English voice
>those animations
>camera panning to his ass after every super
youtu.be/DK-bSOHPlbE?t=234

Kind of want him in FighterZ now bros...

sparking memes

I played a Piccolo that mashed after every blocked vanish and kept hitting me, so maybe he has a faster jab then others.

yea I figured it out.
kinda neat, but not that great.

what is even the point of Tien's level 1 when it also hurts you?
It seems like you should just always use level 3

Do the divekicks work midscreen?

I can only do two, cause I suck, but yea those two work.

Sometimes you don't got 3 bars. Sometimes you only need lvl 1 damage

Also you can just use the lvl1 then change into someone else.

Still slightly annoyed at two Kikohos.
I do a vanish combo instead, or just tag in a super unless its time to start putting people in the ground

Why? Why not just get the hard knockdown and use Chaiotzu assist to punish them for pushing buttons/teching?

>trying to watch my replay
>you have left the lobby
ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS

It's Dub Ragna. His voice makes me feel a bit gay. is this okay?

Because bouncing someone into crane strike is the sickest shit

>white square
>doing cell loops and touch of deaths in casual.

kill yourself faggot

Sounds like he was just casually kicking your ass

no
gays get the staves

well people go to casual to practice stuff against other players without losing rank. Dunno why you expect people to hold back, it's still a fighting game.

If I threw up a Ring Match for PS4 would anyone wanna play some games? Im west coast if that matters.

Cell/16/Vegeta?

No, it's +1 and not everyone has a 6f L. Also it depends how high it hits.

I'm getting stutters since the patch on Steam. Before this, it was always stable, even if it had a shit delay.

Why doesn't Vegeta have any special lines like Goku does? He says specific lines for almost all his moves with most of the cast.

I have the same issue every now and then (before the patch as well). Against certain people I can barely play because it stutters so much.
It has to be a port issue (unless you forgot to turn windowed fullscreen off or something)

What are the best beginner characters and teams? I barely have any experience with fighting games.

Preference for Vegeta

Does anyone have the link to the combo website? It was a google page thing that had name having to do with the hyperbolic time chamber.

sites.google.com/view/dbfzhbtchamber/

Alright so who is that dude in the poster with sonicfox? The furry is hard to miss but the other dude look like discount JWong

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vStxd3co41pIsJuRt98kl_EQDaAxjHnHP1y76kzU8018Wv_MAhYUqV7ATyTWUkGddxMJQSt-05vbDL_/pubhtml
This one?

what do you mean by stutter? you have to give more details than that. you mean during gameplay? in the lobby? during just supers? or what?

Feels like heavy fps drops. In matches especially but I've had it happen in menus and pmode as well.
I turned everything to low after it happened the first time, but I don't think the problem is on my side.

Spikes in FD. Never had so many noticeable spikes in FD before the patch.

>auto combo tracks
lmao

>not that great
Are you kidding? It lets Yamcha pressure with essentially infinite overheads and massively improves his damage off any hit.

I almost never have Yamcha as my last char left but I might start bringing Vegeta out earlier if Yamcha gets that nuts off sparking

>those red and pink fuckers in casual with their main teams
Gimme a break

What do you fucking people even want from casual? Are you trying to get better or do you just want a hugbox where you can feel like you are good?

SS Goku & SS Vegeta are both incredibly easy to learn compared to most of the cast and have basically the 2 best assists in the game. Find a character you like to play and put those two behind them.

GO1 (pronounced Go-ichi). Anime and Street Fighter player who's apparently the top DBFZ player in Japan alongside guys like Dogura. Seeing his play though, I think SonicFox will blow him up at Final Round if it happens.

Don't bully the red and pinks. I am pink