Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/fQsNafrk
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.
Suggested Changes: piratepad.net/YwogqyaUro

>Useful Links
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Recently Released
Beat Valkyrie Ixseal - sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2332124
Steve[Monster] SR Mod - mega.nz/#!JEwnzLZK!8k3-9LiPXVwG2znwHRLtTOCUaour_fXhQfqUit0IP8g
DARKNESSHERO SR Rance Mod - mega.nz/#F!VloWzD6B!trEkYLMKASDXIYsGdLa8jw

Rance X
sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2441678
Hook Code
/HSN30:0@00614875:
Gameplay Explanation:
mega.nz/#!n9RjzQ5Q!YXmlYiuxNnaHvHui3YJIzK_4Fju2KSc9ByjJBQbVfEc
VNR Guide:
mega.nz/#!appSkIDK!-UF7M0_T-QHBQd4ibErlIjJZuChdDp-qpmZXWSlVaj0
Cards List:
pastebin.com/RrThBVcH
Portraits:
mega.nz/#!Xg5SSZLa!T96Dow70AVz-7-hev83wor-FYJR7QWHFvAwMhDETwT8

>Upcoming Games
English
Evenicle (English) - Likely Early 2018
Sengoku Rance (English) - After Evenicle
Rance Quest Magnum (English) - Likely 2019
mangagamer.org/rance/

Japanese
RPG 3- by the Evenicle team (New IP)
Dohna Dohna - by the Rance 03 Team (New IP)
Loli MILF Nukige - by the MILF nukige team
'Heartwarming' VN - by the Atlach Nacha writer

Haniwa Development Studio:
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/cat_92268.html

Remember to use spoiler tags when discussing untranslated games.

>Taking too long to make a thread
Trying to Emulate Patton?

It's such a fucking pain to beat Juno and Atlanta when they keep petrifying my best characters

kek

EOP CTRL-fag btfo

Check to see if you have any characters that have a 0 AP Clear. You can also bring in a healer like Sill or Shiela and they will remove the Stone with their heal.

This is a Quelplan appreciation station. Mortals and other beings afforded the privilege of being with Rance at any time are ungrateful whores.

Maria or Tulip 3? She's event only right?

Cecil was a pretty big let down
>Gets raped, muh Arios
>Rance tries to make her his woman, muh Arios
>After all this doesn't actually do anything to help Arios and everything was pointless
10/10 really

What to do?

>Weakest Demon Lord
>Has the most HP of anything in the game

>1.2 BILLION max HP
Just start over user or lose and get whatever bad end this is.

That's Ssulal, though. Miki has a Demon King LV2 skill.

La Vaswald is a lie?

So what's the point of having naked sprites if they're going to have a girl get text raped and then sent home with all her clothes and equipment

Maria is pretty strong on long boss fights like Kesselrink: Her secondary ability gives you a locked buff.

Tulip 3 gives you a nice passive bonus but you only get it if you have a FC unit in your party and it looks like you don't have one right now.

How much HP does Kluff Kluff have? He's supposed to be the strongest thing that ever existed on the continent that wasn't an actual god, right?

You're the fag who posted Hornet in the previous thread. Why were you fighting Hornet?

Well, Miki here has the HP of like 50 DK Kayblises, so probably the HP of about 2000 Dk Mikis.

Don't you fight all the demon kings in that game, though? Or are they just projections of the actual DK's?

Lei is gentlemen

It's just residual memory in the blood

So how did she survive? Can Rei switch his electricity on and off in the new canon?

Blood Memories.
They all felt like shadows of the actual Demon Lords in terms of power though.

Don't spoil end game bosses g-guys.

Okay. That makes more sense than being able to actually fight all of those. Even with how busted you get in this game, I doubt you'd be able to get through more than maybe 2 full DK's in a row. Especially if one of them's Kluff Kluff.

>fight all the DKs
No one would be able to survive past the real Gele during the peak of her power and I'm sure if anyone actually made it to Kluff Kluff they'd have to have powers comparable to a First Class God to take it down.

The previous DKs with the exception of Gele and Avel are all dead forever anyways. It would make no sense for them to actually be revived.

EOP here give me an assist user

Anyone have a translation or guide on the settings/options screen?

>Rance: Gahahahahahahahahaha!
And the rest I cannot read.

I mean a god could probably do it, right? I don't actually know the context of the fights, as I'm still on my first run, just that they happen.

More importantly, does anyone know how to have screen settings persist after closing the game? It always boots in full screen for me, even though I keep setting it to windowed.

>Trying to capture Ran to start Ran route in Sengoku Rance
>Takeda declares war on me
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!

It's part of the conversation where Rance says Sheila is a better slave than Sill, said sentence is Rance saying maybe he should get rid of Sill

When can you pick Tank route?
What are also the requirements?

If dark lords went back to normal, does that mean Satella is dead by the time Rance dies?

Satella, Hornet, Lei, and all the others excluding Kamilla would die from old Age.

Most likely

Yes, only demons that are actually immortal would still be alive in other words Kay-chan and Kamilla funnily enough

>168cm
Hornet's fucking short.

That's pretty tall for a teenage girl

Why did only Zeth get attacked by demon lords so often, when Helman is next to the monster realm as well?

Because it's Medusa's and Kay-chan's hunting ground

Helman built an actual fucking wall whereas Zeth didn't initially have any means of defense until they build the Maginot Line, which only worked until Redeye took control of that for awhile until the Hero came and fought him off.

and then they made the line Redeye immune

How did Arios get in my goddamn flying castle?

Since they retconned Mary Ann into being a little girl, how did they change Lei's backstory? How does Kayblis threaten him to join his side, or did that get changed too?

>Hornet barely talks
>Kamilla is irrelevant
>Ho-Raga doesn't do anything
>no La Vaswald
>no Supreme Gods
>Gods stuff barely touched
>no Devils stuff besides 1 mute 2nd-class giant
>no Creator phase
>some hints about them at green events, but it leads to nothing, just shitty teaser
sad

Cola

Considering he's a fighting nut now apparently, maybe the idea of fighting humanity appealed to him

>no epilogue for most characters like in Quest

Oh look it's this guy again.

What am I missing here?

Because her naked sprites is for after Rance fucked her.

That guy was so weak, what a failure of a demon lord, did it first time blind with a party that wasn't one bit optimal.

>Managed to do all the requeriments for the true end in my first run EXCEPT saving Hornet
Fucking hell. It was either her or a country.
I don't see how I'm supposed to do that without one-turning at least one country. At least I have CP to spend now.

>Rance IX
>Rolex
>Rick
>Aigis
>Kesselring
You can't bench these people

>That guy was so weak
Of course he was, Rance only beat his ass down to level 1 only a year ago

dumb potteries always forgetting to make the thread.

There's no particular reason to make a new thread at the exact moment we hit 750

They were, but Hornet's faction had the territory next to Helman for the last several hundred years and were abiding by the current (and previous) Maou's wishes of being peaceful with the humans.

The Maginot had been around for around a hundred years, and its predecessor form almost two hundred. But the Zeth itself is p much on a desert, and it was inbetween the Kayblis faction's territory and the humans so Kaybliss/Kammillia/Medusa/rRed Eye would raid it.

Kessel isn't even stronger than Satella

Should I pick Kopandon or Maria in free cities lads

Anyone else feel that Kichikou Rance made the world and characters feel more alive and interesting, compared to Rance X?

I know there's less text but there's more stuff and more characters in KR. I really hope it gets a remake after Rance 04.

>I really hope it gets a remake
You mean a DLC/patch like Magnum? Why would they make everything over?

Can someone tell me how to get the true end? Like what are the requirements?

>DLC/Patch to a 22 years old game

Why is Torako so smug?

I hope there is a DLC to increase the amount of H scenes, CG and a longer epilogue to show how everyone is in part 2.

Oh you meant a remake of KR. I'm dumb.

No countries fall
Get an "A" ending
Rescue Hornet
Dig until you fuck a new character in the poppins mission
Crook does not use her wish

Save all 4 countries
Either have Wenlina (unfucked) or just don't go over 30% humanity death count at all
Save Hornet
Fuck Quelplan
Get an A ending

He doesn't even fuck her in her naked event either sad

It feels like they needed more funds and maybe they'll make an expansion pack with what they get during sales.

Looking all all the sprites, it must have taken a long time.

Condom

Gives you a reason to want to rape her i guess.

What does the demons do in their territory when they aren't killing humans

Arios still can kill you with less than 20% humanity .

Killing each other.

>playing on chink save
>oh man this guy has so many strong characters, let's try taking on the Alice Mansion challenge figh-
>they are already all done
S-should have figured.

Kamilla could have so easily been made relevant too in the routes where she goes with Reset and Rance

You can't redo them?

I went into Rance X hoping for it to be like KR. :(

I can honestly say I was more impressed with KR than Rance X. The amount of content in KR is staggering.

>Anyone else feel that Kichikou Rance made the world and characters feel more alive and interesting, compared to Rance X?

The world as a whole feeling more alive, I can see where you are coming from. If I had to guess, that comes from the fact that Rance X is (mostly) only the Monster Realm stage in the original KR. I like Rance X way more than the Monster Realm stage just a couple of turns in though, (Red Eye is just as fun as he is in Kichikuou except he's also way more intimidating to boot, and Edge Arios is pretty damn cool especially with the sinister human death measurement counting up), but it's fair to like KR as a whole than Rance X. The characters definitely feel more alive than they feel in KR, or at least the main characters do, but that's just my initial impression.

This is the only option I see and you just go through a brief cutscene and then nothing happens so I assume the original owner of the save already beat all of the challenges and Alice is basically telling you that you've won and there's nothing left.

By no country falling, does that mean complete victory, or is just not being dead okay?

Not him but I'm pretty sure that's just a challenge quest in the after section with the Alices.

Best uesugi

KR doesn't have as much text and dialog compared to 9 and X though.

Man of taste.

How do you cope with the fact that this is possibly the last time you will ever see Rance for the rest of your lives? Will you remember /ourguy/ 50 years from now?

You know it!

The one thing I really miss from KR is the bants between the characters in battle

Aside from that, the characters in X have a lot more development from meal ticket events and are actually involved in the story (characters like Cordoba and Ex were completely irrelevant after the civil war in KR)

50 years from now we will have at least two Rance X remakes assuming alicesoft doesn't die off.

>Rick and Leila are engaged
Why haven't I seen anyone talk about this so far?

>at least two Rance X remakes
>implying we will even get one
I wish I had your optimism user.

because they speedread it

Rick no that's a death flag