Escape from Tarkov - /eftg/ Dead Game Edition

Swimming in doorways edition

>Quickstart Guide, resource ref sheet and FAQ:
pastebin.com/KhTaGq4E

>Maps with Extraction Points
gamemaps.co.uk/game/tarkov
tarkov.directory/

>Keys Info (What they go to & where to get them)
forums.uwsgaming.com/topic/3871-map-keys-and-you/
>List of Trade-In Loot
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S0driY-17iz7Ihg3QQrIQnVDn_k3huCzxtzrGKCjnRA/edit#gid=0
>Item Value Per Slot
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yMjMQc7AgLVR7fMYDC_CG79VZ70IXb3ppQWU0Bs2JWs/edit#gid=0
>List of Quest Item Loot
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t85qw8eSbu-o3mkNTm7SVtwrQVOOkQuN6y2aldqEj64/edit#gid=0

>Discords
"""""OFFICIAL""""" EFT discord for beta news:
discord.gg/8KsHTGF
/eftg/ official US based discord:
discord.gg/BEEk538
MONOLITH - EU based discord:
discord.gg/sKyQny6

>Latest major patch notes
forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/61522-patch-074972/

>OFFICIAL ammunition info (Up-to-date for patch .0.7.5.976)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l_8zSZg-viVTZ2bavMEIIKhix6mFTXuVHWcNKZgBrjQ/edit#gid=0
>Second hand ammunition info (questionable validity - wiki appears to me to be the most accurate)
escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Ammunition
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HVNodTxYYzr1EtAasUqkdS89nTpD55tsnpTrEwfKFBI/htmlview?sle=true#
tarkovballistics.blogspot.de/

>Full controls list
pastebin.com/WzBSmZpA

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S27UUzEtJuY
youtube.com/watch?v=aaS_2l8nGdg
my.mixtape.moe/nmgrfo.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Losing my will to play this game. The SKS is hot garbage as long as it's ROF is tied to FPS. And netcode just makes one on one duels an absolute coinflip. There's no pleasure in this kind of warefare, it just means you hide like a bitch and try to catch someone unawares.

>current meta is entirely about moving fast and getting the drop on people with peekers advantage
>"You gotta hide like a bitch to not die"

Honestly, ditto. If it's not the gameplay fucking you it's netcode or the game crashing on spawn so that you just die AFK losing all your gear.
This only works if you're a fastfart with top tier ammo, a 60rd mag and a belt full of nades.

Otherwise you're either getting aimbotted by AI, grenade spammed by squads that have more money than sense or just unlucky enough that someone gets the drop on you and you die instantly.

The current meta is to be geared as fuck and do whatever you want because the only people who can touch you are playing just like you.

Everyone else is just caught in the crossfire and getting shit on.
Peekers advantage only works if you can get enough rounds into them to kill them before they one tap you through the PACA and Kiver you worked hard to get.

Wow you are shit bro.
AK74u hipfiring with paca sprinting across customs. Win everytime. Just have to be faster than the netcode.

>thread died with 14 replies
if the game isnt fun, why bother

It's like getting fucked in the ass, loads of people love it, some refuse any other kind of fucking, and yet unless you're careful, the first few times you get fucked in the ass are not going to go so great.

But man does it feel good to fuck someone else in the ass.

Also, trauma from non-pen hits is confirmed. "Slug headshots should always kill"

That, combined with the recent slug buffs, might actually make shotguns viable again.

I'll just wait 2 years untill this is done so i'm not so piss bored.

Oh wow, link your youtube channel, you must be amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=S27UUzEtJuY
Here you go.

>yearly plan out
>all the content mentioned is something id have expected by June at the latest
>doesnt even talk about maps other than Interchange

Fool me once, shame on me.
Fool me twice... cant fool me again

Why are companies so hesitant to make Vulkan work? How much do you think Nvidia pays them to think that way?

Who?

Not even a timeline when we can expect things or what they are working on right now. just more planned™ things.

I really am a sucker for early access games.
No matter how many times ive gone through the delays, i always expect the next game to deliver quickly.

content and fixes soon right? guys?

it's another episode of man sits in bush for 20 minutes camping exfil on custom; further solidifying it as a horrible map

customs is a great map but then it comes down to a bottleneck that can be watched from half the map, if you are crossing from one side to another and the bridge
they just need to open more zones in the construction area, so there isn't just one way to traverse the map from one side to another

So you have to spend/earn 400K roubles to get prapor to level 2 (easy), but 400k USD for peacekeeper? How long does it fucking take with PK?? I'm lucky to get $800-1000 out of him after a really, really good raid

its in rubles

Also buy dollars from him. It counts towards the threshold.

>why are companies so hesitant to make Vulkan work?
Because AMD has no market share after 15+ years of having nonfunctional drivers. They can't sell anything other than APU's and bargain-bin-tier CPU's, they have no AAA dev studio sponsorship, they have no fanbase.
>how much do you think Nvidia pays them
Exactly zero dollars, they don't need to buy them out. Nvidia really is that much better at all tiers.

0.03 cents have been deposited in your bank account

really? it says dollars, and I've definitely bought things worth a few thousand roubles from him and only had it go up by ~0.2 or whatever

Tarkov will never be better optimized than it is now. On Unity it's literally not possible

i just bought like 3000 usd and that leveled him up

b-but muh fast mt! i need to stop 35 slugs with it! it's not fair!!!! NOT FAIR!!!!!

It is a pretty bullshit change that non-penetrating hits will be guaranteed kills now.

So much for "muh realism". Because IRL, yeah good armor such as the 6b23 or the FAST MT *will* stop basically an unlimited number of shotgun slugs.

If you got shot in a helmet like that with a slug, from 3 feet away, you would be dead or unconscious.

FastMT is not rated to stop rifle rounds

How the fuck are they going to make 20 types of 9x18 differ from each other?

Shotguns != rifles

""""no"""" otherwise firing a shotgun would render you dead or unconscious every time. A projectile cannot exert more energy forward than it does rearward during firing, and a TOZ weighs less and has less contact area with the shooter than a 6b47 helmet does with the wearer.

okay so if I hit someone with a baseball bat hard enough to knock them out I'll get knocked out too

You know how getting shot in a bulletproof vest can easily break someone's rib, but the person who fired the bullet wont have a broken wrist?

If you're hitting them in the hands hard enough to knock them out, you're goddamn straight it would/should also knock you out.

Y'see, unlike whacking someone IN THE HEAD with a baseball bat, a shotgun is also touching the face when fired.

>You know how getting shot in a bulletproof vest can easily break someone's rib
...no? Because that never actually happens, like ever? And there are literally thousands of Youtube videos of people testing armor by shooting a guy wearing it and he doesn't even fucking flinch?

>7.62x51 from a full length rifle vs body armor from 32 years ago at a distance of ~2 feet
youtube.com/watch?v=aaS_2l8nGdg
>guy doesn't even flinch
JUST LOOK AT ALL THOSE BROKEN RIBS BREH SURELY HE'S GONNA FALL OVER DEAD ANY SECOND BREH BULLETS KILL WITHOUT PENETRATING BREH I TOALLY KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT BREH ITS GAME BALANCE BREH

Whoops, meant for

Where did you learn that kid?
Bullets are tiny.

try putting the buttplate of a shotgun to your head and fire it

There's youtube videos of that as well.

SURPRISE, didn't kill or KO anybody. Worst I've seen was a broken nose, usually just results in a bad flinch and a lot of swearing.

>spawn scav on woods
>everything is looted
>no players around
>run two circles around the map
>jump off a rock to end my life
>merely break my legs
>try to suicide via scav
>he just keeps backing away while i spam profanities at him
>other scav finaly ends my life
>end process

>jump off a rock to end my life
but why

>spawn scav on Customs
>spawn inside Checkpoint building (lolwut)
>Checkpoint building is still locked
>welp...can't get out
>spend 30 minutes spamming voice macros and firing off all 12 rounds I had for my TOZ
>nobody comes to kill me
>nobody unlocks the door
>MIA

Just so people are aware of what it looks like from the other side.

>RSASS spawns come with ammo
Who thought this was a good idea? Yeah, lets give hatchet shitters one of the best weapons in the game with a full mag of ammo in it.

>some poor guy with just a pp-19 walks around on woods
>gets ganked by rsass, m4, and a hacker
that poor dude

>PP19
>on woods
He deserves it IMO

>waaah he got to the loot before me

>WAAAH I'm shit at racing games.

Not him but
>implying this game is about loot rushing

Typical hatchling fuck. More concerned about pixels in your stash than actual gameplay.

>WAAAHH he got my loot
>WAAH I did literally nothing about it and now im sad
>WAAAh this game is not about loot.

Ok bruh, stay autistic

Nice counter argument.

>hurrr there's nothing wrong with putting more shit into the game that rewards hatchlings
Enjoy your hatchet runs while you can shitlords

Says the guy with no argument in the first place. Lul good troll

>WAAAHHH
is not an arguent

lmao

BTW bait-user, the difference between 1second of travel for a rifle's recoil & 0.0001second for a vest to stop a supersonic round makes all the difference.

Force = Mass x Acceleration
Acceleration = Change in Velocity / Change in time

A projectile fired from a rifle accelerates pretty quickly, but the rifle, what you're actually feeling the recoil from, is slow.
And when the projectile impacts a vest the vest decelerates it almost instantaneously, transferring that force directly into you.
Reminder to never remove padding.

that's hard armor and it's not currently in the game. though it is planned. the dev Klean literally posted that exact same video when saying that hard armor was planned.

Love the pic OP

klean is not a dev but a community representative

oh shit theres an eft general thread now nice

reminder: soft wood is not a good cover vs rifle rounds
my.mixtape.moe/nmgrfo.webm

Keeps dying, we need more memes & shitposting.

someone create some drama so we can keep the threads alive

>and it's not currently in the game
The IRL Fort has ceramic hard armor plates. All helmets are hard armor.

BEARS DROOL, USECS ROOL
I dunno man.
This game have any waifus yet?

>This game have any waifus yet?
only one

Rig storage should have 3-tall storage standard, and fat drum mags should be L or 2x2 square-shaped.
More expensive/alternative vests should have 2x2 slots, and/or Oklahoma-shaped 3+2x2 which can fit both 45-round mags and 60-round drums.
Scav vest should be limited to 1x2s as it is now.

Fight me.

Will I be able to change from BEAR to USEC on full release?

>full release

>WTS AS -VAL, and 3 mags

wtb sp-6 rounds

just do it after the wipe

>people say this literally a couple days after wipe, referring to one coming in another 5-8 months
Jesus this meme...

>couple of days
pretty sure you meant to say months

I meant what I said.

>extraction timer reaches 00:00
>nothing happens
>not enough time to reach another extraction point
>go MIA

Anyone else getting this shit? Happened twice in a row now.

Haven't in a while but it's an issue with desync. Sometimes an extraction doesn't realize you're where you are.

Pretty much the only ways to not get fucked by it are:
1. Sit there for ~30 seconds and hope the server's version of your body catches up to your version of your body and you extract
2. Alt-F4 out and reconnect, if you have time

I just ran through my stock of four Forts in four raids and now I feel like shit.
Why go on

Could have maybe reconnected if I knew. Will try that next time, thanks.

REEEEEEE get scammed by fence for your pistol cases so I can get another one for minimal cost/effort

You need to realign your way of thinking. Now you're free to just run PACA and a Kiver. You can do whatever you want.

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Tarkov is yours my friend.

I've been down this road before but I really expected more out of those Fort raids.

Yeah, never fails, I can do pretty damn well with PACA but the second I take a Fort in I almost immediately get leg meta'd by a scav from 100m away.

I feel you. I lost a set last night in a fight with another guy in fast fort, close range. Hit him 8 times and he didn't die and somehow he managed to kill me.

You have to accept the game is shit and plays like shit, and then get on with it.

So thats how shoreline looks with 30+ fps.

Also well played.

like the other user said, being poor is being free. if you have enough gear for another raid, you're still good. enjoy the thrill of hunting rather than suffering the fear of losing meaningless equipment. if you died with said equipment, then it obviously wasn't the end-all be-all of gameplay, and you still have more to learn. be happy that your journey of self improvement has not ended.

lol :(

Damn. Killed a PMC as a scav who was fully kitted with two kitted 74ns and a M4 but ended up dying because I forgot to change the gun I picked up to full auto lol

Anybody able to read cyrillic? Would love to know what this error message means.

it says right there fag

There is no fucking way 2.5 lines of cyrillic translates to what it says in English.

Also there was no transaction attempted, I clicked on "fill items" and got the error message before I even tried to buy it.

>attempt of operation with non-existent equipment in player storage

Thats a more direct translation, it still means the same thing