Got any stem friends who will sometimes put on a very patronizing...

got any stem friends who will sometimes put on a very patronizing, slow voice and tell you something completely wrong about history? how do you deal with them? any good stories?

why is it that stemfags never bother with the meta, like an autist staring at the cycles of a washing machine and loving all its mechanics, but never bothers to think about its functional role, or what exactly a washing machine is and isn't. Why is it there, etc. Otherwise it's just data with no realization or comprehension

Why is it that Veeky Forumsfags give these sweeping generalizations
>inb4 anecdotal evidence

yeah well I bet you're an autist, huh huh, uh what you gonna do buddie?

idk, go masturbate or something

Anyone studying stem, business, finance, law and those kinds of things generally has a good grasp of history and doesn't overstep their bounds when they have no knowledge of a subject. It is mainly people studying humanities and sketchy majors like drama and african-american studies who have a problem, they always have an agenda and insert it into history like they do with everything else. I have to pull a poker face and try to change the subject before they accuse me of "mansplaining" for correcting some factual error they could look up themselves or something and the mood turns sour.

Are you a retard that needs to have things explained slowly?

My only stemfag friend who's into politics may or may not have homicidal tendencies.
Like talking about killing all muslims, faggots and capitalists.

he probably goes on that stupid Veeky Forums website

No, actually he doesn't.

he may as well

this basically. I've found that STEM kids have a greater depth of knowledge, while arts kids are the ones who'll make... um... sweeping generalizations about things they don't understand.

as a science/arts double major, it pisses me off that we're even having this debate. the two are definitely intertwined. see comic

True. I tried to show him /pol/ once, he wasn't interested tho. Who know, he might be on /pol/ but he doesn't talk about it.
>law
If only.
It's far better than pol-sci, but if a fellow lawfag wants to push an agenda, (s)he will not back off, and will try to find any argument that supports their point of view.

That comic was actually pretty inspirational
Too bad I'm probably not going to do anything about it

no my friend! write a shitty blog post, do khan academy

a lot of non-STEM students are either subjective as fuck or just B and C-tier thinkers anyway, hence dodging a difficult major

That's why we have all of these retards in the humanities fucking our society up

Once I'm done with other work, I'll pick up learning Haskell again like I've been meaning to for the past few weeks

I'm a STEM fag and most of the people who I meet who make wrong historical statements or Commies who I either see around campus or are in model UN

*are

Same here majority of people who are interested in history while they are studying concrete sciences usually know more and are more objective than most students who study history as a chore.
t. stemfag

stemfag here and ive noticed most other stemfags on my campus either dont care one bit about history, philosophy, etc. or they just go along with the status quo

ive noticed that the humanities people are either well respecting of stem fields and appreciate them or theyre rabid SJWs who think "drumpf" is "textbook fascism" and shit

i actually kind of suspect that all intelligent Veeky Forumsfags are probably just STEMfags that do Veeky Forums as a hobby.

Probably, most people who I find make broad, sweeping, and incorrect statements on history seem to have some political agenda, like /pol/ fags or SJW commies. STEM fags who have history as a hobby or people who actually specialize in history tend to be more intelligent based on the fact that they actually make honest statements on what they know about history. If they don't know it for certain, they give a professional opinion if pried or tell you where you can actually get correct information from.

are you me

MUN is fun breh.

>implying i wasn't at ChoMUN two years ago

This is what liberal arts majors were supposed to combat. But people have basically just associated it with women's studies for some stupid reason

Interesting to read about how History is seen and spoke about in the US.

In Europe, I think it's quite different due to the strong academic traditions that European countries have in the discipline. I have studied in Germany and Britain, and there humanities subjects (in the top unis anyway) are mostly studied by legitimate academic , passionate students. There is little agenda pushing. The STEM students mostly have no interest in the humanities though, and vice versa.