/bbg/ - Bloodborne general

Best weapon edition.

Previous thread: >New players read this then finish the game without spoilers:
i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>NEWS:
-Dec 7/2017: Shadows Die Twice teaser - youtube.com/watch?v=OAYhXKC0LJ8
-Dec 26-29: Unused bosses & test areas are now safe chalices that anyone can use - i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png
-Jan 11/2018: Dark Souls 1 Remaster announced for PC, XBONE, PS4 and Switch, releasing May 25

>Helpful links:
-/bbg/ Resource Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
-Wiki: bloodborne-wiki.com/
-Build planner: mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne
-AR calculations: pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

>Chalices:
-How to unlock FRCs for spelunks, fight clubs & gem farming: i.imgur.com/0AwN4Lo.jpg
-Gem farming chalices: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-Lost/uncanny weapons, runes, and gems: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-Edited chalices: i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png (Unused bosses, test areas, early runes/weapons)

>PVE - Spelunking (Every Friday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus anytime someone wants to host):
-Spelunks happen, join em, host em
-Set the chalice to Open and region to Worldwide
-Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/ihd176b.jpg
-Pthumeru: 7hjhf43b
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas
-2v2 arena: i.imgur.com/71WOC0I.png

>FAQ:
Q: Where do I get/put the best gems? A: bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
Q: How do I setup arcane builds? A: i.imgur.com/73dnuUm.jpg
Q: How to access the DLC? A: i.imgur.com/XaRuxgF.png
Q: Did I miss a quest? A: i.imgur.com/Uzg8XI6.png
Q: Is this game active for coop and pvp? A: Yes

sluurp?

PURGE FILTH

ITS FRIDAY
>SPELUNKAN
>FIGHTCLUBBAN
>HELPING OUT NEW PEOPLE-AN
>GRINDAN
>SHITPOSTAN
>TWINKAN
>ARGUING OVER METAISSUES THAT NOBODY CARES ABOUT-AN

how long until the spelunk?
I need to get some things from the store and don't want to miss it.

join my chaluce dungeon and help me kill boss or fight me password is rumpus

>that one weapon you really wanted to like but couldn't get any enjoyment from using whatsoever

What's her name?

The only problem I have with the BH is the very limited moveset. It feels like everyone predicts easily in PVP and in PVE it gets a bit stale quickly. But man does it feel good to charge-R2 a pack of oil-urned mobs or combo into trickmode right up some Vilebloods face.

>rookie hunter with nothing but the clothes on his back, a pistol and a cane capable of all this carnage
the weak should fear the strong

I want to reverse time back to 2015.

Is bloodborne still worth buying and playing today? Hows the activity across all the level ranges?

LHB

It's free in a few days apparently.

>Is bloodborne still worth buying and playing
Even if you buy it and just play it solo once, it's definitely worth buying. The price is low now too. And as the user above mentioned, if you happen to have PS+ it's the bundled game for March.
>Hows the activity across all the level ranges?
Don't expect too much co-op and invasions when you level, although there might be an influx of that now that the game is free. As for "endgame", there's still quite a good playerbase. Stay around the normal summon level, actively seek out PvP and spelunking and invade/co-op in NG+, you're gonna find people.

yes goy, purchase it quick!

Someone come help me kill daughter of erebesebebs in my crf HMU

>daughter of erebesebebs in my crf HMU
Holy shit, spilled my coffee.

can you give the pass and glyph?
I'll attempt to join but can't guarantee anything.

YES id: 62i9iydc
pass: wario

Bored. Anyone wanna join for some material farming for spelunking later? Was thinking of starting with getting some Moulds from Isz

ringing.

im here m8

still ringing. SRRC must have shit the bed since the maintenance update.

Been gone for a little bit, did the meta pill decide 98 only or 80-120?

I think it was 80-120

GOT EM haha yes got one hit like 9 times before that

nice. I've found BLT builds absolutely rip through Kin type enemies for some reason, Ebritas being no exception.

WHO PVPIN? anyone got a glyph goin?

Haha, time to hit 102

Wolf-san was apparently not feeling well because he came in to the clinic and sat on the table but nobody has come to see him yet.

I feel my poor ability at this game maaay outweigh the 4 levels, but all I really know is that it’ll make people angry

>tfw your autism prevents you from enjoying the game until you've got a full set of 27% gems with increased stamina costs

>only on my 2nd character
>already fucking done with this mandatory chalice progression shit

Why couldn’t they have either: let us respec, or keep chalice progression between characters

>tfw got so mad farming watchers I settled for a 26.3% on my parasite

Anyone wanna help me kill doggo on defiled pthumeru story chalice?

Password: bepis

BOOP user

BOOP HIS SNOOT

Na, it might be more effective to shank the cunt

im ringalinging m8

ringin

From my noob point of view this looks like it’s very simular to the hunters axe in terms of movement, someone Co-oped with me yesterday using one and it looked amazing.

Everything about farming blood gems just feels like a complete mess. The huge slog through the chalice dungeons to actually get to the ones that are worth using. The fact that cursed gems even exist when the downsides are so polar that they're either negligible or make a gem utterly worthless. Then there's the slight percentage variation with the bonuses that only exists to add an extra layer of grinding for autists like me who absolutely have to get the best one possible.

Honestly it feels like From took a system that was meant for a F2P game that pushes people into spending real money with the insane amount of grinding going on.

This reminds me of a random I helped the other day.
>summoned to doggo, another phantom is there
>he dies 30 seconds in
>proceed to boop the snoot
>host is hanging back and occasionally shooting/throwing knives or something
>I feel bad for soloing the doggo for him cause he'll never git gud that way but then I'm actually showing him how to fight him efficiently
>boop till 15-20% how
>eat a full charge
I hope he finished him off by himself or even better died and did it solo again. He had an axe so he should've figured what to do.

It's flashy but lacks depth outside of the expurosion. It's just a fun meme like the rifle spear. The thinking hunter soon returns to more refined weapons like the parasite.

MISS ONE FUCKING DODGE

ringing again sorry

lul we'll get it

Hmmm, considering I’m an arcane boy and I just spent all my bullets I should proooobably go back and buy some more instead of already ringing

But then where’s the faith in blood bulleting?

And just after you went down I dodged too early on a bite and got one shot

I feel I could be doing better

Givin’ it one more go, if I fail again, I’m gonna sleep

I feel like I’m being a boring fucker just rocking the hunters axe so far. Should I find a more agile weapon and maybe a heavy hitter like the Hammer...I guess I need a segregated too?
I’m only 13% game complete but I just looked at the levels in the walkthrough and it looks like I’m actually about 3/4 of the way through level wise. I’ve just killed the witches and opened my first dungeon. I think I’m probably a bit shit at the game though and probably over levelled. I’m at BL50 I think.
Any fairly new hunters here under level 50 up for some Co-op sometime? I’ve co-open with a few people her so far and it’s been great but they obviously are way above my level and know all the levels so just rush through blasting stuff and I feel a bit like a ball of wool caught on their boots being dragged through the levels at light speed.
It’d be cool to have someone to Co op with under Blvl50 also on their first play through?

Fuck, I’m sorry for wasting you’re time, I’m gonna hopefully beat it tomorrow. AHHH

nice try. Queen killer is the most beast npc i swear

>I feel like I’m being a boring fucker just rocking the hunters axe so far.
The hunter's axe is good for your first playthrough. All weapons are effective. keep going. If you want a more flashy strength weapon the kirk hammer will provide. A true boring fucker in my opinion would be using Ludwig's Holy Blade.
Also, stop looking at walkthroughs and play blind.

Oh yeah, totally gotta bring KIRA QUEEN!!! every time now

ok i bought the game on ps4 and i love the souls series but im just not feeling it...
im using the meme str hammer and defeated the blood starved beast but the game just doesn't feel as interesting as dark souls 1-3. i think its the difference in combat mechanics
am i doing something wrong here, i feel like i should take a more offensive approach in this game but idk

and quite a large put off is also the fact that the game runs at like 30 fps on ps4 desu baka senpai

I played this game as my first souls game and now I can’t play ds3 because of the same reasons, it just feels slow and weird compared to bb. I hope I will be able to into ds3 sometime though

Ah, yeah, I do assume you have to be more offensive in a sense of; you just can't sit behind your shield and hit the openings. You gotta duck and weave through these aggressive enemies, and something I definitely still have problems with is the rally mechanic. Anytime I get hit I just try to find space to chug, where I should try to find an opening to duck in and slap for heals.

I find it much more difficult, and sometimes infuriating than dark souls, but I have to say I love Bloodborne way more. The feeling and fun of combat and the trick weapons is great, and while I don't care too much about the story for the dark souls games, I just love everything about the lore and atmosphere of Bloodborne, and just rifling through everything I can find.

I should admit, I haven't played DaS3 though so maybe it's super cool, but I highly doubt it. Just as fun as the others, sure, but I just love (nearly everything) about Bloodborne.

Oh fuck chalice farming, only good to have fun with other people

>The hunter's axe is good for your first playthrough. All weapons are effective. keep going.
Ah good.

>If you want a more flashy strength weapon the kirk hammer will provide. A true boring fucker in my opinion would be using Ludwig's Holy Blade.
I’ve already started to level up the axe and kikhammer...the only 2 weapons I’ve enhanced.

>Also, stop looking at walkthroughs and play blind.
I was just looking at how many levels there are nothing spoiler wise. I’m not reading the actual walkthroughs on the levels or bosses! Just some of the items I’ve collected etc as it explains wtf they do unlike in the game.

>and quite a large put off is also the fact that the game runs at like 30 fps on ps4 desu baka senpai
It seems to drop below that quite often in Co op on my ps pro...you’d have thought it would be using all that extra power in the pro that I paid for eh?

I tend to jump between this and ds. I’m a noob to both but it is always a weird transition between the two. BB is much more about pushing the attack it seems.

Co-op is a framerate killer sadly. In Chalice Dungeons it's a little better so don't be put off spelunking with the twats here.

>You gotta duck and weave through these aggressive enemies, and something I definitely still have problems with is the rally mechanic. Anytime I get hit I just try to find space to chug, where I should try to find an opening to duck in and slap for heals.

Yep I do this all the time I get a big hit and instinctively think, runaway and heal, whereas like you say I should probably be finding just enough room for attack.
I’m pretty much just playing with my main weapon and the hunters torch now too. I started off using the gun for stagger but after playing ds for a bit I kinda forgot about the gun and haven’t really bothered using it for ages. I need to remember to use that I think

>Co-op is a framerate killer sadly.
I get that it.

>In Chalice Dungeons it's a little better so don't be put off spelunking with the twats here
How does spelunking work?

I sucked at parrying in DS, so much that I just frankly do not use or rely on it. But Bloodborne has got me firing bullets and/or tentacles in the face of anyone who remotely moves. Using guns as a parry tool is just too fun, maybe I should take it a step further and make a bloodtinge build.

>How does spelunking work?
It's really straightforward, you just quick-search random dungeons people make and set with a password. Once you beat the game a try it once you'll get it.

Can I get some Bloodborne reaction images to fill out a folder please?

>Using guns as a parry tool is just too fun, maybe I should take it a step further and make a bloodtinge build.
I was just getting the hang of it and the timings right when I started ds and then when I returned to bb I forgot to use it. It was really fun though. I’ve never really played these sorts of games before and honestly didn’t think I’d like them at all, turns out that I love them and they are pretty much all I play now apart from dirt rally.

Ah good. Sounds fun.

i rarely use shields in das though and mostly do high str 2h builds

h

pffft, real kids go high strength while dual wielding giant swords :^)

can someone post the "99str" webm of the person holding the kirk hammer in 1 hand.

I think Winter Lanterns have to be my most hated enemy. I don't think I've even ever killed one, they just suck

Thank god there's not that many of them

Anyone around want to help out with the defiled watchdog?

have you tried his snoot?

Why are BB reaction images so golden?
Thanks lads.

FROM games have the goatest reaction images and comics

hell yeah, I love fighting that beastly idiot.
pass?

so Bloodborne's gonna be available for free on PS+ next week

What are we gonna do to the newcomers?

uhm...idiot

Help them out, and watch them grow as strong players?

a lot of us has a pretty lengthy discussion on building reiter twinks, wheel twinks, claw twinks, squid twinks etc. We're pretty much all getting to lvl43 before 6th march.

pass is octoid

ringing.

Kek, some of these I haven't seen.

>bell silenced
Was it a bad connection or was I blanked out?

Wait for two.

Can anyone host two or three runs against a l1 boss in frc to get two radial flat arc gems? I can offer a pointy lightning pick and a generic anime face

Bad connection! I thought you dicked out, man.

Thanks anyway, I got the rest of him eventually!