/owg/ - Overwatch General

>Brigitte, a hybrid support / tank hero, is now on the PTR
>it's pronounced "brih-gee-tuh"
playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/brigitte/
youtube.com/watch?v=R8jVjBDcV4M [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=K_m8fcJb5tE [Open]

>Event item tracker
>the event ends in just a few days (March 5th)
js41637.github.io/Overwatch-Item-Tracker/#/events/LUNAR_NEW_YEAR

>Latest PC patch notes
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc

>Overwatch dev tracker
overstalk.io

>Hero tips, tricks and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Source / Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal stats / leader boards
overbuff.com
masteroverwatch.com/

>Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

winstonslab.com/customquery/comparePickrates/?dateGreater=2018-02-18&dateSmaller=&event[]=&team[]=&map[]=&roundtype[]=&dateGreater_2ndF=2018-02-18&dateSmaller_2ndF=&event_2ndF[]=&team_2ndF[]=&map_2ndF[]=&roundtype_2ndF[]=&compareData=1&teamcompTypes=1&dataset1Name=&dataset1Abbr=&dataset2Name=&dataset2Abbr=
overbuff.com/heroes
youtu.be/s3rYBOytn3k?t=100
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I want to bully Reaper until he cries!

winstonslab.com/customquery/comparePickrates/?dateGreater=2018-02-18&dateSmaller=&event[]=&team[]=&map[]=&roundtype[]=&dateGreater_2ndF=2018-02-18&dateSmaller_2ndF=&event_2ndF[]=&team_2ndF[]=&map_2ndF[]=&roundtype_2ndF[]=&compareData=1&teamcompTypes=1&dataset1Name=&dataset1Abbr=&dataset2Name=&dataset2Abbr=

overbuff.com/heroes

Why is Soldier so popular in OWL but unpopular in ranked? Or maybe a better question is, why is McCree so popular in ranked, but unpopular in OWL?

Here comes T.Racer!

How am I into Genji?

>eating 3 ults in a row as Dva

Cute!

It's time to talk about Mei and her farts.

This is a mandatory discussion.

Soldiers a great pick against mercy and a perfectly viable jack of all trades dps

Meanwhile In ranked, theres a few reasons

>Everyone fancies themselves a pro and wants to land sick headshots all day
>Flashbang to protect yourself from the 6 dive flankers on the enemy team every game
>McCree is just flat out liked more coz Cowboy aesthetic

Moira has a hentai fantasy

>>Flashbang to protect yourself from the 6 dive flankers on the enemy team every game

Ok. I don't like them.

Has anyone seen Cat's cat?

>and this is how wreck it Ralph gave me an inflation fetish
t. Furry teen on the internet in ten years time

Huh, it looks like her ears are ordinary ears, not feline ears.

Thing is
I bet I could dedicate like an hour. Two hours absolute tops, and write out an entirely congruent OW timeline with just a couple retcons to ages/dates/years by just a couple years

And leave these big empty boxes for heroes with no lore (sym, lucio, dva, pharah, hanzo etc.) For the official writers to pick up and fill in

But I dont want to bother because the official writers wouldnt use it and would carry on making mistakes and making shit up as they go, so it'd be wasted effort

can I get grandmaster if i've never played fps before?

what's wrong with brigitte being 23?

That gif gave me a force feeding fetish that I have never before had in all my twenty five years of being life. It’s very powerful.

What ever happened to Boston Uprising? They went from top 3 contenders to Florida Mayhem tier as fast as a turd goes down the toilet.

Yes, actual FPS experience means close to zero in OW.

Jump around like a fag

carried by mercy meta. now that the bitch is dead boston is back to being shit. The mercy main of overwatch teams

I wish Moira had gotten her tentacles.
I hate how every big "non tank" gets downsized so they dont have an xboxhueg hitbox and die in an instant

But would a 350 hp Moira walking around like Doctor Octopus been so bad?
The end result is she ends up being just another skinny girl scientist support with 200 hp

We need more weird heroes that break the stereotypes of their role in terms of raw stats. Bastion and Brigitte being good examples

The game was fun for a week. But blizzard managed to fucking ruin it with the sombra changes. God fucking dammit they are so fucking egotistical. Everyone said she is not balanced on ptr and they still pushed the changes to live.

No

And no I'm not genji or trace main. I'm not zen player I'm not a Pharah one trick..

>implying

good luck being picked out by good dps before doing anything

Le based papa jeff can't do anything wrong

Why do you call widowmaker bloo?

You’re asking for art of Moira double raping Genji and McCree at the same time with her giant tentacles.

How is that even possible when everyone played Mercy? Was their Mercy play so much above others?

>Brigitte can just shield bash her way through Rein's shield, charge, and Genji's Deflect
>can also stun turrets with shield bash

youtu.be/s3rYBOytn3k?t=100

Is this the power of feminism?

Mercy visited Torbjorn in the hospital when she was 14 before Brigitte was born. And had dreams of "tissue regeneration" and Torb told her to work harder.
Meaning she was a very young medical science prodigy and connected to overwatch heroes earlier on (she seems to be good friends with torb and is seen in Anas origin vid when shes 17)

And yet according to Chu she didnt join OW at 17, and according to her character didnt even like Overwatch because of her aversion to violence

Its a bit messy

Does jumping actually make you go faster?

According to some people you can get Master with game knowledge alone, situational awareness and whatever other shit.. Not sure how that works and not sure how many games they play per day in order to reach Master that way.

McCree is seen as riskier to commit to and build around. Specifically, high ROF + helix for a surer pick, despite less pick potential over all, mobility to kite with, and self-healing for sustain if the healers are dead or busy. Pros tend to be risk-averse in any sport, even when it potentially holds them back (see: the old 4th down argument in football).

She's bigger than Zarya

>win first round on lijiang
>team suddenly decides to throw and picks 5 dps
>lose second and third

why are people like this?

Wait for Recluse.

AND SO WHAT IF THERE IS

A SMALL PRICE TO PAY

I think shield bashing into rein charge makes Brigitte and rein stun themselves like rocket punching charge

>chu preemptively saying the lore is wrong for when someone points out the inconsistencies

She is powered by daddy Reins cummies

Same reason the second you win a point your winston will run into the enemy spawn and die

It has been established in the lore that the cat ears are just headphones, please keep up.

If you have some kind of speed boost, jumping at the right moment keeps your momentum until you slow down by either stopping or hitting a wall.

I want Asp Fareeha to be real so we could get married!

Does DF even counter Rein his charge?

Like that will ever happen
>good designed characters
>blizzard
yeah no

clearly. because other teams' supports aren't actually mercy mains, they are ana, lucio or zenyatta mains, and great ones at that. the shit meta didn't allow them to perform to the fullest

Yes

>Sweden gets a second character
>it's a cute musclegirl
>only Russian character is a generic heavy weapons guy but with tumblr haircut and chest plate, design inferior to Brigitte in every sense
Blyat suka

>Get a bastion only player
>Randomly stays in one spot regardless if its a shitty spot
>Doesn't change it at all
>Lose
>Get several other bastions that do the same shit

>Win first point on Kings Row/Numbani as offense
>Spawns move up and payload comes out

>Defending team blows 3 ults and wipes us when we're standing in front of our spawn and payload hasnt moved an inch

This happens every single time on my friends gold account when I boost her and its always hilarious

Where is the logic
Using Graviton to move someone about 20 meters backwards for 10 seconds

Has /owg/ ever made an oc? Give me five ajdectives or describing characters to base it on. You only get one word response, others will be ignored.

Italian

>rein v rein
>add Briggs
>walk up to the old man and do an easy stun and then free earthshatter
>Brig/rein combo required from now on for every map that uses rein

Dont worry user well soon get a super skinny russian dude that spreads toxin clouds... kinda like singed from LoL

tits

They're roleplaying as bastion units

Rocket punch makes Doomfist and rein fall down for a second when rein gets hit by it while Charging

Smokes a big cigar

gay

Aztec

Talking about LOL, I have no idea how to play the game but from what i've seen the girls are pretty hot. Do feminists cry about them over there?

ya so brig>df>rein
top lel

Neutralizes penalties from a couple high risk plays that don't require skill and also diminishes the return in advantage from highly skilled picks by instantly rezzing. As in, it takes far more skill to kill than to res, but the rezzes are free anyway, so the gradient in skill:reward is far less pronounced than without the Mercy meta, soin the pro scene, less skilled teams could more easily compete with higher skilled teams, because the already relatively small skill difference was minimized and not played up.

Alright so we have a gay Aztec Italian with tits who smokes a big cigar. Now time for abilities. Respond to this with one ability, the first five make it in.

>oc donut steel
for what purpose

Pasta

>open Overwatch
>go to League to collect the charity tokens
>find out I got awarded 212 tokens

Based Bliz.

BRAAAPP

katana

Minigun lmb

Callahan>>>>>>Lamont

Gel based flamethrower as mainhand weapon

flirt

That skin looks like some Stargate shit

Maybe you'll get a gay figure skater

Does Brig ruin the sacred Rein battles or improve them?

So we have a gay Aztec Italian with big tits who smokes a cigar. Their primary is a gel based flamethrower but they can also use a katana and minigun. Their passive is they can heal their teammates with delicious pasta and their ult is a giant fart that wipes the enemy team.

That’s our original character.

The main attack on the Swedish slut looks like shit. When it's in her hand it looks like a club that can break your skull open. When she swings it it looks like a tiny wool ball who wouldn't hurt a baby. It doesn't look like it was made by Blizzard.

Now draw it.

That doesn't actually work for anyone but Lucio normally, Moira and Doomfist after fade and charge, respectively.

now where are the lewds?

this, the animation is gay as fuck

What's their name?

I’m supposed to be sleeping but I’ll honor you with a shitty sketch.

His first name should be Sergio

BIG SALSICCIA

>thots
>ever improving anything, let alone sacred autismo battles

No clue.

Played it for a month then got sick of the toxicity. Fuck that community

Ning Kigger

codename big salsiccia

I dont think nintendo is going to let Blizz use wario as a hero. maybe switch port exclusive.

Also we haven't settled on a gender yet

Nobody else has a controllable speed boost though do they??

Other than Mercy who can control her air momentum with Guardian Angel and Angelic Descent when you hold space as you approach your GA target

I think its supposed to look weak
It only does 35ish damage per swing doesnt it? Its like a faster bigger melee hit

None of that is actually messy, though.

>there are people who get sexual pleasure out of playing healers

god i fucking wish

They sound better than half the roster. Good job /owg/

shut up

>Nobody else has a controllable speed boost though do they??
No, but in theory another character could bunnyhop Lucio's speed boost, or the boost from falling onto a ramp (if that even still works), except they never actually could because Lucio follows different friction rules than the rest of the cast.
It works for Moira and DF because the game considers them to be not touching the ground during those particular abilities as a workaround to avoid weird friction interactions, but doesn't prevent you from jumping.

When are they going to rework Symmetra where she isn't a detriment to the team?