/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous thread: Redirect to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
Splatoon 2 Map Schedules: splatoon2.ink/
Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

>News
Goby Arena has been released!
Arowana Mall will not be in rotation until March 16th.
Update 2.3.0 is available for download! Check the patch notes below for details.
Next JP Splatfest is Hana (flowers) vs. Dango (dumplings)! 03/03 6:00 UTC - 03/04 6:00 UTC
Dark Tetra Dualies are now available! Sub: Autobomb; Special: Splashdown

>Wiki
splatoonwiki.org/

>Patch notes
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27028/~/how-to-update-splatoon-2

>Big S2 gear & weapon lists (contains unreleased weapons)
leanny.github.io/splat2/
leanny.github.io/splat2/newgear.html

>Loadout planner with weapons, gear, abilities, and stat calculations
loadout.ink/

>List of possible main abilities for gear from Splatnet so far
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18ip1HahYq8DRZRgSEXoRqa915aThLXPb79AFF91HCe4/edit#gid=0

>League weapon usage data
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k78z_Nz7xDXcSSK5lCtNMKwNE0tRea_vHf6cavl8KLI/edit#gid=255836450

>Add your FC to the list of FC below:
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

>List of FC:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/969495808906153985
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

DO YOU LIKE

This will be a very good thread

New map is pretty fun, but only for Splat Zones.

>playing nothing but turf war
>only using 1 weapon
>for 38 levels
Who would want to do this to themselves?

permaban of aeroshitters when?

They tried by making it useless. Didn't help. Now they're making it useful but boring so they're at least not as much of a liability.

>Not for its price
It does, though.
>Yeah thanks for confirming you're shit at sprinkler placement
No good player ever just stood inside of a sprinkler purposely. They either fucked up or were really weak anyway.
>doesn't make it any less easy to shut down
Maybe if you never play against anyone with thumbs. Or only play Firefin.
>If it wasn't wall piercing and hit through the whole map it would be trash.
And if it wasn't for Bomb Rush painting a large amount of ground effortlessly, it would be trash.
>And it's still possible to stingray relatively close enemies before they kill you.
And it's still possible to just shoot someone with your gun while bomb rushing, I don't know what point you're trying to make here.

twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/969495808906153985

So the gimmick is what, just barring certain spaces randomly so shitters squid party there? This map will be trash

So we vanquish now?

tetra dualies are a shitty meme weapon

Looks like it's just that one area. This is the worst gimmick map yet.

Sprinklers are gonna be hilarious on this map

>cqc dome

Yes but do any of you know what the splatfest actually means? Because I do.
"Hana yori Dango" is a japanese saying literally meaning "dumplings over flowers" but actually meaning "function over form". It comes from people going t flower viewing festivals just to eat the food.

Not even shoot the gun. First bomb always goes under your feet regardless of how you use it, and if you can't find a safe space you can just dance in the minefield with infinite sub-strafing and still have access to your gun.

more like

No, unlike splatoon vanquish is actually a fucking great game

I literaly explaied it and you still got it wrong. Also both of those are spring flower viewing features

heyhey now, I deleted my post already!

How come there are still no videos of max hazard SR?

Grizz should give out employee of the month tees for anyone reaching 999. Or something like picrelated.

There should be rewards for League medals too.

Make it fixed quick respawn.

cold-blooded is the only acceptable perk there

blackbelly skatepark is by far the worst map this game has to offer

9/11 and goby are worse

Neat

All of the maps in 2 except fixed Arowana and largely unchanged Walleye are worse than all but the shittiest Splat1 maps like Pit and Rig.

Actually screw that, Haunt will be the most appropriate on it because shell-shock and disappointment will haunt you for a long time.

>fixed Arowana
Nothing was fixed, it's defective by design

You're defective by design.

what's the best roller? never used one before

hero

Try one of the basic splat rollers first

Splat Roller is retardedly good with its brainless kit. Every other is certainly usable, but still more fun than good.

Someone in my Square says that Octoboys are best.

Are they right?

Good buy guys. I'm off home.

I wish they left

What's the matter with retarded kids shitting the plaza with their garbage streamers anyway?

Tetras are fun, Hoodrat likes them.

what, couldn't steal a new gun so you have to use the one you found in a dumpster?

abnormal woomies!

SR rank didn't reset since the last time I played, 2 shifts in and it's hell already. Is this a cruel joke? Where are my comfy shifts?

git bad

Is Callie a responsible parent?

My bad, didn't realise they patched it so rank carries over. These freelancers can't handle it, especially this rotation.

summoning kier to uncensor this

It's not even a bad rotation
kier yourself

She'd probably spare the rod alittle too much but otherwise yeah

>Callie will never do things to your rod

My Plaza is full with Octoboy & Evilsquid posts.

senda-chan got to max hazard some hours ago

I played with Senda-chan yesterday
I got so hard thinking of his feminine hands moving around the procon. Then I fapped to his woomy while reading his cute comments in the discord

Why is senda-chan so breedable?

arawmy

when are we getting a Splatoon moe 4koma manga in Kirara? I want to see cute woomies doing cute woomy things

Never, go play the game and see ugly shitters doing ugly shitters things

What kind of cute things?

Gotta love how these new maps always make sure that charger brainlets have their unreachable "SNIPE HERE" spots.

>unreachable
Stop being stupid

There are plenty of flank routes.

>Pearl is cultured and takes time to appreciate the beauty and majesty of life, and her respect for tradition
>Marina is a fat slovenly cow that takes any chance she can to stuff her fat fucking pie hole, muscle in on others ad deals, and belittle everyone to bring herself up

So pearl is literally perfect, no contest at this point right?

In the excitement of the new map and gun I forgot to check something. Has anyone thrown a splat bomb through the hoop in recon mode to see if it's like the one in the testing range in Splat1?

There is a grate on top. It doesn't work.

Marina used to be a soldier in a rapidly crumbling state, she's practical and gets enjoyment out of simple, practical things.
Pearl, meanwhile, is a rich-ass ass born into enough wealth to have fucking maids, so she takes fulfillment of lowly earthly needs as granted.
Someone post that comic with continental breakfast for me, I misplaced it

Other user here
Aren't we all deffective?

Pearl is a treasure who can see in enjoyment in all of life, marina needs to find reasons to be happy

i wanna see pearl's designated fucking maid

Ban all aerospray users

Nah, revert it to how it was in the beginning and put 220+ special requirements on both.

This would make it something useful, aeroshit is not supposed to be useful

Why so?

Because reasons

The fact someone willingly buys aerospray when they get assigned a far more superior weapon for free tells you everything about splatoon playerbase

I like the aerospray

I lik earosprey cuz it maks mii win terf woah!!!

So, no reason beyond memes.
The only weapon that deserves to be disadvantaged is Jr. Its key design point is to teach new players good habits- don't blindly get into firefights, gather control and don't forget about the fantastic kit that compensates for purposefully weak main.
Aero is not like that. It's not designed around purpose, but rather around a mechanic that dictates its purpose- 4-frame firerate and the highest net ink output in the game. The main weapon always was a straight upgrade over Jr, with better inking and mobility and same everything else, compensated with more niche kits. Except right now it's a straight downgrade because it has less mobility with its smaller blob size, on top of niche kits.

Just like the first game, it's a noob trap. People see its crazy rate of fire and equate that to it being good despite everything else going against it.

Aerospray is a weapon for shitters that only play Turf War, and that's OK. Most of the playerbase are TW only shitters.

It still had standout qualities. In Splat1 PG and MG had outright best mobility of all weapons, bar none, and in "nerf everything" 2 they were some of the vety few dedicated inkers that survived the transition at first, and eventhough lack of mobility subs and introduction of dualies dethroned it as the king of slipperiness it was still very respectable before the nerf.

So why is everyone talking about the aerospray?

Because it's the best weapon in the game

Because Nintendo murdered an already weak weapon for no reason

anyone wants to SR?

>In Splat1 PG and MG had outright best mobility of all weapons, bar none
The Sploosh was better, and actually did damage to make up for its lack of range and accuracy.

Because the Tetras turned out to be meh

Do people become invincible during Splashdown? When I hit them it just makes the ink armor sound, but when I use Splashdown myself I often get shot out of the air. Is that just ping fuckery or what?

...How? Sploosh had slower firerate, way shorter inking range that made it pop out more frequently and no mobility subs on any of its kits. It didn't even have big end blobs and faster strafe like it has in 2, it was a plain downgrade in mobility departament even to Jr, Splash and Zap.
It doesn't even splat any well unless you really are point blank. As hilarious as it sounds, Aero is considerably more accurate than Sploosh, plus has a whole line of range more to dunk Splooshes themselves. That meager increase in point-blank performance is not worth gimping yourself with reach of a double shoulder amputee.

When they're on the ground, yeah. Just kill them while they're up in the air.

Because the Sploosh was actually a lightweight weapon with increased move speed by default.

Erm... No? Splat1 had heavy weapons but no light weapons. Spla2n has light weapons but both Sploosh and Aero are there from the beginning.

I'm game.
Only at 440 right now so feel free to tell me if I suck too much.