/scg/edg/ Star Citizen Elite Dangerous General #256

Clouds for an Endless Void Edition

ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

Elite Dangerous is currently in Chapter 1 of the Beyond expansion, patch number 3.0. It will be free to everyone who bought Horizons and aims to focus on refining core gameplay and new content.

Thargoids have now crippled all AEGIS-related starports in the Pleiades and are rumored to be headed towards human space.
The starports are allegedly more difficult to repair than they were to build in the first place so don't expect them back online anytime soon.

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Alpha 3.0.1 PTU is released for all backers. You must download the new patcher from the RSI website.
install.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/RSI-Setup-1.0.0.exe

>Comprehensive look at the current state of Star Citizen
youtube.com/watch?v=IbhBNWU0Rxw

>Squadron 42 Vertical Slice
youtube.com/watch?v=qcHAfaQh3QE

>Jump Point Links & Content Summary
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

>FAQs
pastebin.com/267DHffX

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/410696-Guardian-Module-Pricepoint-Error-and-Fix
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Too early, we could go for another day on those 7 posts

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. I was just tired of OPs forgetting that ED has had an update.

I read somewhere that the quotas for repairing the stations have been reduced to 10% of what they were, and now Obsidian Orbital in Maia is very nearly repaired.

makes sense

The Oracle has already been fully repaired.

>CIG says they want to spread the love to more ship manufacturers
>still gives Aegis practically every third ship

come on roberts

Nice. I'm just glad they saw sense, because there was no way in hell they were gonna be repaired otherwise, barring a complete godhand.

I hope the easy 25 million missions from Palin still work when OO is repaired.

The Oracle was on course to be finished in about a month.

ni ce

this should have the bengal and pegasus on it

The theory was that it was so high so as to make sure none of them got repaired before Beyond came out, because they didn't have anything set up for the stations coming back online.

If you check out the Oracle now they did literally nothing with it. Its just a regular starport again. Feeling a bit ripped off tbqh

>fdev makes game goals impossible because they don't have content for it.
>fdev is a competent dev that included all features for a complete experience in game.
People itt unironically believe both of these without conflict.

It turns out the first one was just "Fdev can't balance for shit"

I love Elite but

>Frontier
>competent

The only ones that are worth their salt are the audio team. And whoever writes the ayy lore.

>can't
as opposed to "chooses not to"

Pity the writers only seem to work an hour a week with how little they make

Still hoping they'll unfuck meta-alloy RPs to be something useful

Does anyone in these threads actually think FTroop is competent?

Yep, it comes in short bursts, but I personally think it's good; the new Guardian lore mission is interesting, they really ought to do way more.

But then there are so many gaps elsewhere in the game that need more attention. I'm being too optimistic.

Can you imagine putting all that work in and they just shit it out a cheap TTS engine literally anyone can just buy?
>Thanks for all the work. 90% of the people that hear this story will get it from a $20 TTS voice.
That faggot in the previous thread arguing against 3rd party tools because you were just supposed to fly around blind until you stumble into what you want.

Don't think so

I think the consensus on that one is they fucked up a zero, and it should be 30% each with diminishing returns. That's the only thing that remotely makes sense.

Not even bursts, theres very little of it. There should be at least a galnet article a day, I don't care if its just fluff or in character updates for the current CG but its how they used to do it and it worked a lot better.

>putting all that work in
All 60 minutes a week of it?

>Arguing against third party tools
No, no. That's just the dedicated troll that calls everyone a dad and for some reason thinks dads want to play EVE.

>All 60 minutes a week of it?
You underestimate how much white collar workers actually work per week. There's a reason AI is going to replace doctors, lawyers, baristas, and fast food cooks at the same time.

I'm a white collar worker myself. Unless the writers have an utterly brutal editing cycle I'd be impressed if they had a full time writer with the amount and quality of content they're outputting.

>There should be at least a galnet article a day

Or two. I agree, and they should rotate around writers; even if it's something small (which is usually better). Now there's this galnet reader they have little excuse. Things like faction reactions to the ayys would be nice.

He certainly hasn't been the first here to suggest that. He's not smart enough to articulate his own argument, so he just brings up old shit.
I've got from pulling wire to tier 2 network support. The most eye opening thing going from blue to white is how much of the day white collar people waste. My boss doesn't get anything productive done until he has been a work for at least a couple hours. The people I deal with work so fucking slow, it's amazing business even happens. They literally just email people for a living and I can't get one to pick the phone up.
It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that CIG and Fdev were both full of coffee jockeys that move around a bunch and always look busy, but don't actually produce shit for all the jaw jacking and changing tasks constantly.

Small fluff pieces would go a long way. Say theres a fed-imp war cg just do an article a day about galactic reaction, local reaction, how its affecting the populace and ideally a few on the parts we can't see like in Lugh where Galnet told us about Federal Commandos making their last stand at the control centre for a station or how they authorised strikes on what they thought were military leaders. Just little things to make CGs feel less arbitrary.

They need to let the community handle that. STO has had community written content for years with no problem. Admiral Bobo Goes to War is the best mission a human has ever made.

Oh you meant like that. Fair enough. Theres actually a concept in software development that a single good dev will get 10-20 times more work done than a team of several bad devs because of how much time the bad devs waste.

Frontier already do, they have the community galnet submissions in the forum. They just refuse to put the articles on main galnet despite how good some of them are.

Yes, it would only have to be a couple of paragraphs at most, even. Things like that, about how a CG war is going heavily in one side's favour, and how the losers are 'holding out strong, but ready to make the retreat'. Or, with last week's one, where 'the rapid destruction of Thargoids allows the populace to breathe a little easier, if only for a moment'. Would probably make more CGs reach Tier 8 as well.

This.

It almost certainly would, a lot of people skip CGs because they don't see the point but back in the days of Lugh the community did them because they actually had story and point attached to them.

Really I've had an idea for a while now to split use CGs and placeholder purposeful gameplay through far more galnet engagement and splitting them up more,.

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/410696-Guardian-Module-Pricepoint-Error-and-Fix

So the ayy powerplant prices were in-fact erroneous. They've tried to save face by having their prices go up, and regular plant prices go down with the new competition.

The info about the Ayy FSD boosters and power distributors is interesting though, provided it isn't a joke. Clearly they wanted to do more with it.

That's a universal in almost any trade, but it seems to be exaggerated when you can just get up from your desk and get coffee/talk to coworkers/attend meetings/eat whenever you want.
Sandro needs to exiled to Siberia with only 14.4k dial up and he can play the original elite with his stupid fucking hat and not hurt anyone else with his stupid, stupid decisions..
There are machine learning programs that write those kinds of articles without human interaction. It's 3/4 of buzzfeed now.

If you want to feel worse about Sandros stupidity a lot of these articles were stuck in the local news section that no one ever checks. It hurts even more because theres at least 5 systems with articles in their local news I wrote.

> Guardian power distributors
> Guardian hull reinforcement packages
> Guardian module reinforcement packages
> Guardian shield reinforcement packages
Ayo hol up what the fuck

I didn't know that. Pretty interesting, they need to let the community lead more of these CGs then, and maybe even have player-factions clash. One can hope.

Hopefully they'll be able to be engineered. That, and maybe a specific new engineer for the new ayy weapons.

>all those people complaining about the new content

Which ones? I saw some interesting articles on the local board in Fehu of all places (some bumfuck imperial system outside the bubble); an Imperial commander and his slave going on an adventure against Kumo Crew pirates. A bit wishy-washy, but things like this should be more accessible.

I sure as fuck hope "shield reinforcement packages" will be just new boosters, not optional modules, shield tanking cancer is already bad enough

The problem is, they take it personal when other people are better at or show more interest in their game than they do.
This has everything to do with not letting players have any agency in the game. If article writers could have a voice in the game, that voice could potentially steer popular opinion and make them take the game somewhere they don't want to go.
It's not an invalid position, it's just assholish. The best thing the game does and has every feature to make happen in a unique way is intentionally withheld.

Some of the systems that had CGs and Hudson powerplay events mostly. Mostly bumfuck systems that there was a decent fight over, only system I can remember the name of is Wyrd for one of the CGs but that was around the time 2.1 released so God knows if its still there.

Ayy ships confirmed

Did CIG get their shit pushed in by Crytek yet? What happened with the court battle thing?

Is that why there's no game yet?

>one ayy faction comprises of biological ships and insects, the other are entirely AI and robotic

>Needing to be spoonfed
No, CIG is going to destroy them. Crytek's CEO stepped down.

I'll have to go look for it. The list for articles on the station goes pretty far, so it should still be there.

Too bad we won't be able to defect and and teach humiefags to respect the ancestors

>CIG is going to destroy them
The utter state of cultists.

>The theory that each player cmdr is an AI avatar instead of a human, given the telepresence and instant restore/rebuy thing

We are the Guardians

Pilot Federation is a secret alien organisation that's been manipulating mankind since the invention of hyperdrives

%3 and un-engineerable is just retarded. Even if you stack 5 of them for 15%, regular reinforcements will have 2-3x the effective integrity.

Too late, I already have my 4mil 8A PPs.

>FSD boosters
BRB docking at every hi-tech station in the bubble

>suspected they'll nerf it
>had the time to grind them out, but spent it watching tv
Well, I guess I deserve as much

I don't think they're out yet, there would be at least some reports

One thing I like is how easy it is to jump across the galaxy now with engineers.
Combined with neutron stars I am flying anywhere.
I remember back when 200 lyrs was considered A LOT.

And you could only route plot to 100ly. A trip to Sag A would be several months.

Now you can plot up to 20,000ly, and a trip to the centre is a day at most.

1000ly

Was 100ly before that, then 1000.

Don't forget as you got closer to Sag A the routing couldn't handle the star density and you'd eventually have to do each jump manually.

There was a magic trick where it would plot instantly around multiples of your jump range

You live in denial, Fdev make everything take a fucking long time because without that everyone would understand how little content there actually is.
Usually it's MMO game who do that because it bring more money with subscription.

So what's the current state of the heat meta in ed?

Mostly forgotten

Thermal cascade no longer raping?

>the absolute state of elite

They nerfed it like 3 times, I don't think I've seen it mentioned at all in a while

Alright then. Still wondering if I should give cannons a try.

>Sirius permit issued
Here I come Marco Cunt.

Yo lads the fuck are these ruins?

Ayyl lmaos. Shot the lights, win prizes.

Uhh.. Why does it say I'm lawless even tho I don't have any bounty or penalty of any sort?

Because you're in an anarchy system

Are you in an Anarchy system?

Everyone is lawless in uninhabited systems. Nothing to worry about.

You're in an anarchy system so there is no criminal tracking

The new missions sometime reward up to 35 modular terminals, so you're in luck.

Thanks for the quick answers. I was kind of scared because I just finished a passenger mission and some dude was trying to interdict me

Yeah, Sirius Crop bombarded me with those things while I was grinding their missions.

Holy fuck. What do I do with all this excess power now. 78% usage on my Corvette.

Do you have prismatic Shields yet?

>sc
>frames

pick one

Nope. Never bothered with powerplay.

I don't care about powerplay either, but I sign up occasionally if I want a module

>have around 60 million
>really want a python
>outfitting it for exploration costs another 80 million

How am I gonna get that much money? People told me passenger missions are good but they take fucking ages (just spent like 3 hours flying around for 8 million)

Pls spoonfeed me, how do you get the ayy blueprints? Just go to one of the structures and scan obelisks?

Python for exploration? Yeah, you better kill yourself. Passenger missions were nerfed somewhat. You need to find the stations that take 40 minutes to supercruise to.
Or grind wing trade missions alone with a hauler.

Scan the obelisks and shoot the ayy drones
Or go to ribbit or the gulag for detailed idiot proof instructions. Here we expect you to be a big brainy boy who needs no spoonfeed

Wing trade missions? And why a hauler?

Hm. I guess I get my 5G dirty drives first and then I'll look into the prismatic shield. Do I have to keep supporting the Duval gal if I want to buy a prismatic shield in the future or can I fuck off and still buy them later on?

Wing missions: Haul 1000-3000 tons of shit sometimes literal, and you can have someone help you do it or do it by yourself.
A hauler as in a cargo freighter, not that tiny space shuttle.

>relogging at ayy site
>blah blah you will be moved to a safer place
>spawned stuck in an obelisk and with a drone shooting at me

Goddamn't Arilou'laleelay!

You can only buy them while pledged and at the appropriate rank, so it may be worth buying a few different classes at once you can. I've only felt the need to fit them to the corvette though, but I'm about to haul pp shit again to rank up and buy Shields for what if situations on future ships.

It didn't mean safer for you

Bought a HTC Vive and i hear that elite dangerous is a lot of fun in VR.
I thought this was a singleplayer game but it looks to be an MMO?
How is it?
Can I get a quick rundown on Elite Dangerous and do I need to buy the season pass thing to enjoy it?

It requires at least mild autism to play for more than 30 hour. It's not really an mmo since you barely see any people and there's no interaction beyond combat. Horizons pass is mandatory.