/indie/ - Indie and Misc. Games General

Still no god bugs edition

Previous thread >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as Hollow Knight, RUINER, Cuphead, A Hat in Time, Heat Signature, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, FTL, Machinarium, DashBored, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Rain World, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/677120/Heroes_of_Hammerwatch/
steamspy.com/app/253230
store.steampowered.com/app/407900/Princess_Remedy_in_a_World_of_Hurt/
streamable.com/6x5qb
youtu.be/zU39PyhfvTs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Oops, wrong picture.

You fucked it up! You're such a fucking idiot! What the fuck have you done?

It's fine, you can just pretend it's Hollow Knight HD.
With humans replacing bugs. You're not a bug fucker, are you?

No, sir, I am not.

Good boy.

Has anyone tried out Heroes of Hammerwatc yet? Roguelites are sure popular
these days.

I think I tried Hammerwatch. Is Heroes of Hammerwatch a sequel of some sort?

Yeah into the breach is very harsh as almost everything you do is permanent unlike for example fire emblem where you can just repeat a chapter as often as you need to without any consequences.
It doesn't help that you do not have much space to fuck up but i actually like that
you kinda have to think bigger this way and not only level for level. there are a lot of situations where you have to pick the lesser evil (sacrificing a building in order to save the other 2 and such).
I like how many mechanics the game has
and i only played with one squad so far.

It just came out
store.steampowered.com/app/677120/Heroes_of_Hammerwatch/
I've never played original Hammerwatch so I don't how is this different.

I've just unlocked the third squad (the chain lightning squad) and holy hell every team other than the first is so hard to play with.

Worst unit so far is that fucking bot that does nothing but push bugs around, roll a bunch of fireflies and it does jack shit.

really?
i almost always use the artillery thing from the first squad to push bugs around instead of actually hitting them as most enemies have 2-3 health and that measly one damage won't cut it but the push protects the building or whatever they are attacking

Thing is, the bot thing has to walk up and sit right next to the bugs to push them, which sometimes (most of the time) you can't do since there's no proper space to do so.

yeah that really sounds like a problem, after all the artillery can shoot across the whole lane once positioned right.
maybe it pays of later with better weapons?
also how much health does that one have?

>They still don't understand how the styg operates.
>He doesn't hype things before they're actually implemented.

Well, that's true, but on the other hand Styg told us in early July that all new mechanics got successfully implemented and the main quest mostly finished, and they were only working on the rest of the content. Fast forward 8 months and the veteran levels got reimagined from a scratch, we have maps, and we STILL don't have the slightest of clue what they are working on now, only that there will be at least a couple more dev logs. And Styg doesn't do dev logs about quests and other side-content, does he? So it's hard to speculate, best people can do is joke about what we know.

Lots of macro worthy moments.

hat kid!

There are no good indie games

Prove me wrong

steamspy.com/app/253230

Not with that attitude.

This game had a lot of problems but this part managed to make me emotional.

Ded

Are there any /indie/ games with cure girls

cute*

Hat Kid the cutest!

>Are there any /indie/ games with cure girls
Katawa Shoujo. You try to help cripples in it. You can't cure them, tho.

But isn't she a boy

you bet there is
store.steampowered.com/app/407900/Princess_Remedy_in_a_World_of_Hurt/

yes, but he said girls.

Sounds painful.

just finished the 2nd island in into the breach
is anything of these good?
they are from left to right
smoke drop
boosters
def. shrapnel
grappling hook

streamable.com/6x5qb

>trying daily challenge in slay the spire for the 1st time
>beat bronze automaton, fall for the snecko meme
>take left path going into act 3
>lmao 2 orb
>every fucking card costs 2-3 every turn
>end up 1 hp short of lethal on one of the orbs thanks to bouncing flask rng targeting the other one
>ded
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

just what is it about card games that so many people like but i don't?

No clue. I hate these games with a passion, but everyone and their mothers love it.

Is there a progression guide/checklist to what you're supposed to be doing in Don't Starve Together? Because I mean I make a base and can eventually sustain myself forever... but is that it?

Go underground. Fight titans.

Smoke is OP

is it?
ill take smoke, a core and two powers then
sound good?

Sure.
Missile Barrage is the best tho

>page 10

Can you, like, include a name?

Looks like new yume nikki.

Looks like new yume nikki to me.

Liked indie better when the pointless bumps were all underrail/LISA related

huh this was basically me when i overdid it with the the edibles on new years eve

>These pure "according to keikaku" moments

You are not alone.

but why do i feel so alone then

Dunno. Wanna talk about it?

Precure games are alright.
There's some of these too.

needs into the breach, vagante, tangledeep

well there isn't much to talk about i think
had a day off today (my working schedule is really inconsistent) i spent most of the time at home like always, playing video games, browsing stuff, and watching youtube.
In the after noon i went shopping some food.
I wonder why my friend didn't come online today to chat.

What's good about them?

youtu.be/zU39PyhfvTs

Wew that was one hell of a fucking ride, I loved it.
I barely managed to beat The Star without crying, do I have any chance of getting through furier mode or the dlc fights

yeah, just get better

Is Recluse a faggot or just a loser?

>I barely managed to beat The Star without crying
I had a hard time too but come on man.

It took me a while to realize you could pierce through certain projectiles with the charged shot, and one of its phases was pretty much impossible without that knowledge. Fairly smooth sailing after that though!

First time playing System Shock 2. I think I approached this game from the wrong angle. Thought I would be blasting things with mind powers, instead so far it's Hit Things With A Wrench Until They Die: The Game. Wasted precious cyber modules on not very good psi powers that I'll never use with how rare psi hypos turned out to be. I have 13 modules now, just enough for two tier 2 psi skills, or to unlock a level 1 tech skill. Should I, or would I be better off saving the modules for something better?

Don't worry. Everyone makes that mistake.

How are the hermes engines in into the breach?

I believe you and your trips. Now that I'm initiated and know the truth I'll wrench my way to victory. At least until I salvage this build.

You can later get a laser sword (if you levelled energy) and if I remember right, the ultimate melee weapon is a crystal shard.

Don't do like me and try to shoot everything, you'll run out of ammo and money try to repair your weapons.

>You can later get a laser sword (if you levelled energy)
There will be more melee weapons? That's good. I wasn't going to hybridize, but maybe with Adrenaline Overproduction it would be worth those moduls. No weapon degradation and small psi cost sounds like a better plan than what I've been doing so far.

You're supposed to play and replay the game to find out the best output.

Sure why not. Although early game has been a pretty linear dungeon crawl, so I'm not seeing the replay value much yet.

You'll never get enough modules to unlock everything.

I've realized that much, and the manual did say that they are even rarer on higher difficulties. But I don't yet see how much different builds can get gameplay-wise unless scarcity stops being an issue later on or the level design opens up a bit.

they are derivative of an old game called rogue

Would you suggest Nethack as a roguelite?

The exact mechanism for restarting in Into the Breach is very queasy. Discuss.

what the fuck
please check out spoxel on steam and laugh at it

Not your personal army, faggot.

what should i get this time?
from left to right:
Light Tank
Astra Bombs
Prime Spear
Networked Armor

>miss a security camera
>surrounded by zombies
>panic
>instinctively hit quicksave

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

nice try /agdg/

Well. You're boned.

Survived it. Barely. Had to use 2 hypos to survive with 1 hp.

Learned my lessons.
Make normal saves more often.
Never forget the fucking cameras.
And keep psi set to Pyro Field, not something crap like Cryokinesis. It's much better for emergency situations like this.

>not knowing what that is

Jesus what happened to /v/

ded

sell your extra pilots and weapons (keep the full repair on everyone ability) and just buy cores and grid resist

it doesnt really matter if you aren't bad

SS2 psi is godly, but you have to know the good powers and abuse the shit out of them. Localized pyrokinesis makes you immune to fire damage (hint: explosions), tricks like that. Psi melee is always good combo.

Black pearl aside nothing interesting in this zone.

>10

cosmospheres sure are a place

Your parry practice target. Git gud or get rekt.

See this moss hanging from ceiling?

So this just released. Gist of it is it's a roguelalalala version of Hammerwatch. I'm having fun with it. Maybe we can play together some time.

It is a hidden platform. Jump on it, walljump through passage. Frozen Tome inside. Though needed to get last upgrades, there are not much items that require it.

I'm still new to all the Steam intricacies, and I got this coupon for buying Mount Your Friends last time. This coupon is tradeable, right? Anyone need it? Giving it away for free.

There they are - a madman architect and his creation. Get ready to dodge missiles, attacks and mines. Blunt weapon is not quite effective there. If you have trouble beating them - upgrade and equip Pruina Scutum, it's found in the area.