/xgg/ - Xenogames General #118 - Sweet Victory Edition

USE SPOILER TAGS
Please note that Veeky Forums Rule #3 is being enforced.

========== Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ==========
>XBC2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XBC game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/whyaLFk0

>XBC2 Advanced FAQ (Tips, Combat, Quests, Misc, early/mid game and late game separated)
pastebin.com/xr0dT5mq

>XBC2 Blade combo elemental charts
i.imgur.com/JUWNMOw.jpg

>XBC2 Info Doc. Please help contribute
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKrSAAi_sj8xpt7t8s1JGMRUh4O-e7MxAb2P_g9AWOM/

>XBC2 Multimedia Links
pastebin.com/2gUL5sWK

========== Xenoblade Chronicles X ==========
>XBCX Links pastebin
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY
============================================

If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JAEDQwMtf4o
youtube.com/watch?v=EBBX_5WgDiE
youtube.com/watch?v=CvbliEAMMMY
youtube.com/watch?v=qlRmmj46z2E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=JAEDQwMtf4o

THE FUCKING MAD MAN

>Not "That feel when your ship is canon edition"

I've never done one of these before. Didn't want to be deemed too spoilery

>seen Obrona's silhouette like 5 times
>still nothing
I fucking hate this shit

But every ship is canon now, user.

NG+ Vid Dump Guys

Pneuma's Level 4 Special - youtube.com/watch?v=EBBX_5WgDiE

NG+ Game Clear Title Screens with Nia! - youtube.com/watch?v=CvbliEAMMMY

All Torna Rare Blade Openings - youtube.com/watch?v=qlRmmj46z2E

>Nia looking away

>It still pisses me off that they literally never address Mythra killing Torna's blades.

They'd just killed Vandham when she does it the first time. And for Mythra I guess it's a case of she can't hold back and she's proven she's willing to do bitter tasks to see things through. She sank whole Titans fighting Malos afterall.

She had to stop the Torna crew, destroying their weapons was the fastest way to do it.

And hey, seeing that smug fucker Akhos whining like a kid was sweet deserts.

The only thing that sucks about the new blades is the characters don’t say the Arts name. Would have been nice if the weapons were more unique too but I get why they did it.

>playing in English for the first time
>Obrona's voice

What the fuck were they thinking?

>Missing out on Kamui da nya~

I actually love the rest of the voices for the most part but.. her is just awful desu.
I'd jump to jap for this run if it wasn't for the fact that I'd lose out on battle dialog.

When should I do NG+ lads? Im only level 93 and I still havent gotten every rare blade. Should I do it?

Get to lv99
Finish Ursula's quest if you've started it (stamps don't carry over)
Don't worry about getting every rare blade

The only reason not to is if you have started, but not finished, Ursula's quest. You'll lose your progress and your stamps.

>they gave us 3 more overdrive protocols

top lads

>See Obrona flash twice
>It ends up being Obrona in the end

Likewise, I'm trying my best. It's a shame because most of the voices themselves aren't too bad, it's the direction that sucks. Pyra and Mythra could only sound more fucking bored if they were drugged and did the voice-acting in their sleep.

All I'm hoping is that they have Jin and especially Malos as future blades soon. I really want to see what Malos is like without the humanity hating influence of Amalthus.

So how are you all handling your NG+ run?
I try to level down to 1 every time for a challenege due to the ridiculous damage the Torna and fully graph-filled Rare blades but every battle is just kill or be killed within the first few seconds.

You're forgetting Kibble and Haze.

Who's Kibble?

>I'd jump to jap for this run if it wasn't for the fact that I'd lose out on battle dialog.

Just do what I did

>Play 99% of the game and every single important scene in JP
>Switch over to English every now and then when you're just killing things, farming or running around the overworld to get all the battle dialogue

Best of both worlds. Not like it takes any time or effort to switch.

>It's the direction that sucks
Finally someone else fucking gets it. These voices would be exceptional if the director knew what they were doing. the casting isn't bad at all, though Obrona still though..

>120 cores in
>Got everyone except Akhos

I figured I forgot about those two. But most importantly them. Because I'm curious as to what Malos could've been like if it wasn't for Amalthus.

Sped through it, mostly because I wanted to get back to where I was and to see exactly how fast I could do it. Game really isn't that long when nothing attacks you, you kill bosses in a few hits and skipping all the cutscenes. 4 hours, maybe less.

Maybe later I'll do a meme level 1 run. I am also curious to see if more stuff gets added to the start screen for every NG+ clear.

>250 cores in
>still missing 3 of the new blades

Is it weird that the lisp is growing on me? Is this what stockholm syndrome is like?

I actually think it's kinda cute.

Reminder to feed Praxis cake!

>it's the direction that sucks.
Its adorable how you fags want to blame everyone but noname cheap voice actors.

Even the cheapest no-names can be great with good voice direction.

I have a feeling you're Canadian. You'd have to be if you're so willing to try to cause violent discourse when we're coming to a point of understanding.

nah. buy meat in Leftherian Archipelago and feed her. cheaper and faster

Praxis' diet MUST consist only of cake.

No, my dear anons. I blame the lifeless and cringy performance on performers. Doesn't mean director is good though.

>only famous voice actors can be good

This is a fallacy. Even famous voice actors sound like complete shit with poor direction. The VAs for characters like Rex and Dromarch are fine. Nia as well, though I could see why people would take issue with her sounding like she's 30. There's nothing wrong with Pyra and Mythra voices themselves, it's just that they can't seem to emote at all. Either they're just emotionally dead inside, which would make them pretty poor choices for voice actors, or they were just given shitty direction.

>Still no Patroka or Akhos
>Out of Legendary cores
>Still no Morag, Zeke or QT 3.14 for the Launch and Smash squad for Cow Pinata.

You have to start over from 0 for the cow anyway.

I'm not your dear, sweet-cheeks.

You get QTPi in chapter 4.

Wrong. There's a new baby but the gravestone for the old one is still there.

Adenine is for marriage

No no, my friend.
There are lines in the game that are spoken just fine and sound great. If they were truly bad, then none of the lines would be good.

What lacks is consistency, which is a direction problem.
Of course, amateur voice acting can also be these cause and is still part of the consistency issue, but that's still something that can be fixed with proper direction.

>the gravestone for the old one is still there.
Shit, I never killed it.

how many hours have you clocked

165 and many more to come

350~

I THOUGHT YOU FUCKS WERE JUST JOKING HOLY SHIT

Maybe now there will be Obrona fanart
She is my bladefu and I need to have a folder of her

What weapons are Mik and Sever a reskin of?

>Kora's Battle VA

You haven't seen the best part. Where she looks back (could interpret that as the rest of the party, or the player) and smiles. She's where she belongs, just like she said in Union Sword/Nexus Force.

Remind why is this allowed.

Havent started NG+ yet, can you use overdrive protocols on blades for characters who haven't joined yet? I have kos-mos on zeke but I wanna use her on Rex

Mik's is unique. Sever's mechanics should be the same as the Shield Hammer, since it has a shield configuration.

Nope, won't be in your pool of avaliable Blades until you get Zeke back.

Not in NG+, no. You lose access to the Blades that aren't in your party. Do it before you go to NG+ if you want her on there.

>Mik's is unique
Guess that's why the base game had less tank movesets compared to other classes.

Because there really is justice in the world

Any idea if the trust glitch got fixed?

Nope and there is evidence that a new glitch was introduced, where nodes won't activate for collectables sometimes.

Okay quick:
Do Poppi expansions carry over in NG+?
Do Overdrive Protocols carry over?
What about shop deeds?

Yes to all

Why do they refuse to even acknowledge it?

>Do Poppi expansions carry over in NG+?

Yes to all (and you can get Overdrives from chests again too). However Poppi is only Alpha until you get QT, then you get QTpi at the same time.

Well, i meant that it isn't known if it got fixed yet. Not that it wasn't. I haven't had it happen, so I don't know if it got fixed. All I know is a new bug is in.

I only have Rex and Nia but Cressidius and Sever are basically tank fists, on Nia they even have the same launch art with slightly different effects

wake up /xgg/ the update is now!

>Tank fists
All I ever wanted Except cressidius should have been an attack fist

Sever is also the only Str based Tank. Would probably be good on Zeke, if you wanted to do a Tank build on him. Cressidus' level 3 also heals the entire party by half damage dealt. I knew I wasn't crazy when Mik healed during the fight in chapter 4.

He's pretty beefy.

180% increased damage on his level 4

I mean, the ALREST HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION, WEIGHING IN AT 800 POUNDS should be an attack blade. I get that he was a tank in the story battle, but still.
Imagine morag with him.

I just started Ch6. When do I get to have more inventory for blades? I'm out of space.

Any recommendations for who to put the new blades on? All I have so far is Mik on Morag (despite the recovery art), and Obrona on Nia (for the crit restore break art), not sure about any others yet.

delete commons
you get more space for blades on leveling up mercs
get out of this thread if you haven't beaten the game, for your own good

Raise your merc level. also release 1-2 star crown blades, and blades without 2 field skills.

Is it worth giving Akhos to Nia? Giving her slow blades feels wrong somehow.

You complete Merc missions to be able to get more. If you are already at level 5 for your group, then you'll have to release Blades you don't want.

Put Ahkos on Rex, he's more attacker than he is healer. He basically has the axe moveset but with an art that spawns potions.

He's a worse axe. Fucking useless.

b-but le Hector Birtwhistle memes..

Sounds like he's perfect for a setup where you want to be using Blade Nia.

He's an axe without the art that makes axes worth using.

The opposite, he fills the same role as BNia but has a greataxe launch art.

I tend to use Pandoria on Rex, but Ahkos might replace her. Gonna fill out his affinity tree and try comparing the two.

>I tend to use Pandoria on Rex
A lot of people will hate you for that

Anything other surprises in the newest patch besides the title screen?
What do all the bards give? So far I know Accessory slot expander, Ether Crystals, and Legendary Cores.

You can buy overdrives now.

A lot of people don't know how to make effective builds.

WP items and Overdrives.

Ultimate weapon and Overdrive. Wish they gave us Aux core expanders too, Praxis needs it.

Electra with Block Rate Up V and Ultimate Shield would literally be Poppi 2.0

Only one worth spending EXP on are the accessory expanders, everything else is just for people who are lazy.

It's pretty clear you don't if you're moving her.

it kinda sucks, I dont wanna get them via gacha especially if there's quests to get them later, seems like a waste. on the other hand, if you dont get em early, you wont have as long to enjoy them before the game is exhausted of content again.
I suppose it requires you to control him so bleh
oh neat.
tell me about it. I was hoping playing it over again would lead to a different loadout but really that would suck and i'm glad we keep what we have, it's just.. eh..
ack, you lose the chips? THAT's not good.
I was worried til I remembered commons exist
wait, you're telling me those gauntlets arent a copy of QT's arms?
god be praised.
shit kirby's almost out? oh fuck
haha does she seriously stay with you during chapters where she's gone now?
boooo i hate him.
cmon man you know fast travel isnt canon
you can get it down to 2 minutes easily
I wonder whom she's looking at over her shoulder
melly gets to date shulk junior, duh.
then we were told lies.

Wait, what the hell.
I just switched Nia as first in my party, and she's riding on Dromarch. Is this new? I usually play as Rex.

It's been a thing since forever.