/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html
>Tekken 7 Confirmed for EVO Sunday Spot
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2018/2/6/tekken-7-returns-to-evo-this-year-in-the-sunday-arena.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/inoooq.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Gameplan is a meme in Tekken
No it's not.
A character with a good gameplan has good moves that complement each other well, while a character with a bad or absent gameplan lacks good moves or has some good ones that don't mesh well with each other.

Football man for Tekken 7 WHEN!

wait a minute that shirt...

and what do you think makes good moves? Frame data and properties.

I'm not the guy you were debating with, I just wanted to debate that specific point.

And that I did, because your post is not an argument.

Sure thing

You're still saying there's no such thing as gameplan in tekken?
Gameplan is knowing how to apply a specific set of moves that work well with each other. Some characters have good gameplans, some bad, some don't have it at all.

Sure thing my ass, fuck off

>run into a fighter king
>doesn't poke at all
>only goes for grabs
>can do the harder grabs easily
>does the weirdest combos whenever he lands the occasional hopkick
>only backs away slowly at all other times
the guy had 6 hours on tekken
i don't even understand was it some veteran that just placed huge handicaps on himself or some shit

Green ranks kings are super weird. There's a few i run into occasionally and they all just play super strange with very little movement at all.

This not an argument meme needs to fucking die. Questions can be asked to challenge the positions on points of the other party, having the opposite party articulate your reasoning for you since posting nothing but arguments is only going to entrench there views and actually dissuade them from seeing your side unless they truly are so open minded, which is almost entirely absent in Veeky Forums outside of Veeky Forums. You fuckers who barely have any concept of discourse or the art of persuasion throw out this not an argument trash (which in itself is not an argument ironically enough) do nothing but derail from the original point in saying that shit anyway, doing exactly what you think you're trying to prevent. Either that or you really are just meming so hard. In which case congratulations, you made me mad with your ironic pseudo-intellectualism.

I said good frame data defines the gameplan, that was my argument.
If you're going to pick out one thing I said and ignore the rest of the argument then don't bother.

>good frame data defines the gameplan
No, that's not enough. You can have moves that are really good and have great properties, but if they diverge into different directions then the gameplan suffers and the character does as well as a result.

>lost 7 times to a Shaheen
>messages me afterwards saying I play a good Leo
>asks to play again
>sends me a friend request

nice feeling really. Got pretty decent at guarding his combos during the last few matches. Never played against a shaheen before

>guarding his combos
what

B-blocking them? I'm a fucking brainlet at this game so probably using the wrong terms

he probably means his strings i guess

>fight a Lucky Chloe
>guy spams the same annoying strings all the fucking time
>lose once because I did mistakes but otherwise dominate
>leave because I'm tired of her retarded gimmicks
>receive a message complaining about the fact I used RAs to punish because he couldn't stop mashing like a fucking retard
I laughed and told him to block them if he didn't like it. Jesus some people

Asuka should not be able to parry electrics

is there a list anywhere of all of yoshi's moves including ones that aren't on the in-game move list? i mean stuff like hitting 1+2 after wall splatting yourself with F+3+4

3+4 to sit down, not 1+2 my bad

dedgen

OFFICIAL TEKGEN MEME TIER LIST

S Tier
>"Honesty"
A Tier
>fan art
>any and all things about Lars and Lars mains
>G A Y F U R R Y
>sex robot
>Bob exclusive movement tech
>tekken specific spurdos
>only then are you playing REAL Tekken
>*virtually dodges*
>"..."
>to red ranks where I rightfully belong greentext
>200IQ
B Tier
>Arisposting
>e-celeb mocking in general
>unwanted lewdposting
>Alisa's beverage of choice
>only mishimas count as playing tekken
>blogging
>snake edge
>Unga
>your waifu a shit
>tiers
C Tier
>why isn't x in T7?
>bro DJ is better than Jin in every way
>whining about characters
>gorilla
>x needs buffs
>not red? your opinion's left for dead
D Tier
>peripheralposting
>weekly tekgen tourney
>because some Korean player said so
>only then are you playing REAL Tekken (unironically)
>dead general
Bootleg Imported Meme Tier
>debate him
>not an argument
KILL YOURSELF TIER
>get a hitbox
You almost forgot, didn't you? Tier
the game

What did I miss boys?

rbnorway should have them
Here's a tip: do his uf3+4, and then hit 1+2 before landing with the move. Bam, best way to do Dragonfly mixups.

>POS4 sticuck streamboar shitter; the post

>reddit at the top, tekgen at the bottom

Personally I'd put GAY FURRY into S-tier but solid list.

>Bob exclusive movement tech
wat's this

I love Alisa!

>tekken specific spurdos
discord nigger detected

thanks, ill check it out

actual tier list

S tier
>repeating what retards said the previous day
A tier
>reacting to bullshit the pro players post on twitter and their tier lists
B tier
>bold claims
C tier
>tekgen memeshit
K for Kill yourself tier
>memeshit from outwise sources

S tier
>playing tekken
D tier
>posting on /tekgen/

meant outside* sources, I'm going to sleep

main reason I keep coming back is for the
B O L D
C L A I M S

>comeback after my internet stopped shitting the bed, couldn't play for 2 weeks
>everything just clicks and I'm playing really well
Neat.

This. Aris memeshit is cancer

One second, let me get on with my Paul

it's been a while since I've been here

does /tekgen/ still have kingjae impressions

Already done for today though, I've played for two hours straight so I'm quite tired

>zero mention of character and instead waits for people to ask

fuck you

>run into some mashes alisa
>just does the same flowchart over and over
>lose two games because it takes me a while to get used to it
>beat him easily third game
>he leaves
>get fucking pissed because i can't understand people like this
>add him on steam
>he actually accepts
>go fucking autistic on him about why he even bothers playing like this
>he barely responds in broken english
God what am I fucking doing

To clarify, the fan art is in reference to the 'I will let you make noise' drawing, and those of similar quality
I'll add these to the A Tier :^)
The only correct speculation you made was that I'm a shitter
better than mine desu

this is the soulcalibur general please do not mention that barbaric game again thank you

Yoshimitsu. I'd assume it would apply to any character really. Unlike before I'm not missing really obvious punishes and I'm actually finally making good reads.

he's trying to force a new meme dont talk to him

See my Taki

Oh figures.
I didn't come to tekgen either as I felt there'd be no point if I couldn't play tekken.

I'm not gonna dodge the next tourney bros!

he's also trying to force a meme dont talk to him either

This is me desu

This. I only use the not an argument meme when someone insults me or acts condescending instead of refuting my point.

For instance. I say Bryan is overrated and mid tier at best. /tekgen/ comes back with autistic screeching and name callino which is in fact not an argument.

learn fundamentals

>Bryan is overrated and mid tier at best
Not an argument

I almost sent hatemail to a person once. They demoted me from Warrior so I got pissed, and won the next nine rounds straight, ki charging each win. After the third round, I added him, fully intending to call him a fucking loser, but right as I opened the window to chat I stopped myself.

This is why I don't accept friend invites. My enjoyment is founded completely on the delusion that my opponent is always having fun as well.

Sometimes if I turn shit around on someone and I get really pumped up, then for some reason I imagine like a 10-13 year old kid getting either really angry or sad on the other end. Pretty much kills my boost.

I have actually thrown rounds/matches over this feeling.

Literally me except I imagine them as angry 20-year-olds.

>projecting your own autism
damn, didnt think of that

How do I stop getting mad at vidyagaymes?
It's not even necessarily that the opponents are using scrub tactics but whenever I drop a combo or get hit by a low I should've seen coming I get autism rage.

how the FUCK do i deal with being pressured as bryan?

you don't. you just have to know when to sidestep and when to duck depending on what he's doing

Aris voice: YOU DONT
Nah but in all seriousness it's fucking hard. Bryan has zero get off of me, get out of jail free mover. You just got to have good defense and find an opening with side steps? ducking highs in strings, and knowing the frame data of your opponents moves. One of the many reasons Bryan is actually mid tier

Snake edge.

List these many reasons.

Magic 4, orbital heel, mach punch, one of his several high-crush buttons.

WTF do you want? A lightning screw?

a hopkick

Why is Dragunov's 10 Hit Combo 2 only 6 hits? Is this supposed to be funny?

It's pretty funny. Funny to me anyway

orbital?

no, a hopkick

why precisely a hopkick? Also stop running from this post: List exactly all the reasons why bryan is mid tier to you or shut the fuck up with your no argument

My friends and I have been noticing a lot of one and done in this game. The matches are close but a lot of people just quit after they win one game. Is this because this game is full of Aris fans?

Why am I even trying to play a secondary character? It's like pulling teeth

No it's because you're in low ranks

Worst quick mid poke in the game in df1. It's minus 6 and has two extensions that are both unsafe.
Zero get off me tools/ terrible up close game.
Clunky move set full of slow moves that only work in the mid range. 3+4, b1Mach kick etc.
Some of the worst punishment in the game up until -15
mediocre whiff punishes. F4 1 and jet upper have surprisingly bad range.
He's supposed to be a CH character but all of his CH launchers are incredibly predictable against a seasoned opponent
He has no mix ups and gets barely anything off of his plus frames
Lowa could be better. (This will cause some screeching) db3 would be a terrible move if not for the range and crush properties as it does not damage and is -1 on hit even on counter hit. And hatchet kick is overrated, I could see an argument for it being good back when it gave you a combo on ch now it's just meh. It's not like you get anything off of being +5 on hit anyway lol
I will say he has probably the best wall game in the whole cast if you have taunt setups otherwise it's average.

I think it's a mentality from ranked.

>Why would I risk more matches once I've gotten my win off of you? If you grasp my gimmicks, that's a loss.
>Why would I gamble on more matches if I've lost to you? If you beat me once, chances are you can beat me again.
Pretty easy mental trap to slip into and it hinders improvement as well, at least not rematching people you've lost to.

Learn fundamentals, not how to steal wins with a specific character.

>Is this because this game is full of Aris fans?

So they deathmatch everyone?

>Worst quick mid poke in the game in df1. It's minus 6 and has two extensions that are both unsafe.
His mid poke is df2 which is standard 13 frames and has good extensions.
Also df1 is a great move.
>Zero get off me tools/ terrible up close game
He has amazing pressure up close with his counter-hit tools. His db3 crushes a shitload.

>Clunky move set full of slow moves that only work in the mid range. 3+4, b1Mach kick etc.
Learn how to fucking move.
>Some of the worst punishment in the game up until -15
Up until -14 where he launches.
>mediocre whiff punishes. F4 1 and jet upper have surprisingly bad range.
Gotta have some downsides.
>He's supposed to be a CH character but all of his CH launchers are incredibly predictable against a seasoned opponent
A move can't be predictable. A player can be predictable.
>He has no mix ups and gets barely anything off of his plus frames
hatchet kick
>Lowa could be better. (This will cause some screeching) db3 would be a terrible move if not for the range and crush properties as it does not damage and is -1 on hit even on counter hit. And hatchet kick is overrated, I could see an argument for it being good back when it gave you a combo on ch now it's just meh. It's not like you get anything off of being +5 on hit anyway lol
Yes you do you fucking idiot. They don't hit buttons because they're afraid of the magic 4 launching them, and so you mix them up with a mid or a low.
>I will say he has probably the best wall game in the whole cast if you have taunt setups otherwise it's average.
Otherwise it's great.

Fuck off you're full of shit

Bob movement is S tier

im not that user. im the one who is having trouble dealing with pressure. i actually agree bryan is really good and top tier, im just new with this game and lack the proper fundamentals for defense

Then practice movement, mate. Bryan is a difficult character, but one of the absolute gods in this game.

I suggest you start with someone easier

>no idea what he's talking about
>completely wrong framedata

let me guess, you play on console

I tried out jin for a bit cause he seemed very well rounded and I got to green ranks with him but i hit the same wall as i did with Bryan. People also tell me not to fuck with secondaries while im still learning the game so im in this constant state of feeling like i should play a easier character while also having the most experience playing as bryan.

>mediocre whiff punishes
I agree with this one. I think his best option in many cases would be a sway 2,4 but I'm rarely mentally ready to do that. working on it though. admittedly, i also fuck up the qcb sometimes, not gonna lie to ya.
>supposed to be CH character but...
I also agree with this one. I understand that he can get damage off of CHs, but is that enough for his rep as a CH centric character? I'm more attracted to jet upper and orbital's raw launch potential than his CH game personally, but I'm retarded.

>>supposed to be CH character but...
Why did you stop quoting there? Why not include the incredibly retarded bullshit he said right after?

cause it's his samefag, think

>is having amazing CH moves that completely dictate the pace of the match enough to have a reputation as a CH character?

uh yes?

I'd think of Steve before Bryan though. b+1 is very fast and df+2 is mid, tracking, and made safe by canceling. You can play Steve entirely around those two moves if you want to.

>Worst quick mid poke in the game in df1. It's minus 6 and has two extensions that are both unsafe.
lol it's a hit-confirmable string that's for all intents and purposes perfectly safe because the hits are staggerable. His mid poke is df2 which is fast, tracks very well, and lowers his hitbox, on top of having a little mini-game extension between his 1 and 3 (and the 3 launches CH)
>Zero get off me tools/ terrible up close game.
Magic 4. db3. best non-stance PC in the entire game. orbital heel which has same crush properties as hopkicks, sometimes better.
>Clunky move set full of slow moves that only work in the mid range. 3+4, b1Mach kick etc.
What? These moves are ALL insane and every other character would KILL for these. There's a reason JimmyJTran and Knee abuse the shit out of these moves in neutral, they're all low risk/high reward.
>mediocre whiff punishes. F4 1 and jet upper have surprisingly bad range.
What, you think Bryan should be able to launch from full screen? Fuck off. Bryan still has Mach Punch which whiff punishes from just about any realistic range.
>He's supposed to be a CH character but all of his CH launchers are incredibly predictable against a seasoned opponent
Except all the best Bryan players in the world literally spam his CH launchers because they're all fucking safe and have great range. b1 is fucking plus and f3 is 0 on block. 3+4 is completely unpunishable and keeps the opponent at the perfect range for Bryan. Mach kick is super fast, homing, has good range, high damage, and is basically unpunishable as well.
>Some of the worst punishment in the game up until -15
Lol he gets 21 damage at i10 which is more than many other characters. Jet Upper is one of the best block-punishment tools in the entire game.
>He has no mix ups and gets barely anything off of his plus frames
Lol you mean besides hit-confirmable string, CH launchers, and the best pressure low in the game?

I don't have the word limit to deal with this stupidity.

no you cant because they're both beat by standing up

you can however play Bryan entirely with df2, 3+4, soccer, and good movement

He's just going to ignore those points and keep samefagging.
He is a special kind of idiot.

Where does it say that the game can only have one counter hit character?
Also
>I'd think
Who gives a fuck about what you think? Present hard evidence or don't talk.

>Steve comes up first in my head when I think of CH characters, that's why Bryan is mid tier

I should have gone to bed. I didnt need this brain damage

Asuka is a CH character.

so bryan is not mid tier anymore?

>His mid poke is df2 which is standard 13 frames and has good extensions
Df2 is a shit move, both those extensions are punishable and it wouldn't surprise me if the whole thing was fuzzy guard able. At any rate your turn is over when you commit to using it no matter what, unless you hit with it of course.
>His db3 crushes a shitload
So what. It hits, you do like what 10 damage? then your turn is over.
>A move can't be predictable. A player can be predictable
This is just wrong. As a Bryan player you have to use slow ass mids that nobody is going to be hit by.. Watch JDCR vs Naps and see how many times he gets counter hit. if you ever get CH buy Bryan you should feel retarded. Lol I just got CH by an i18 move with less range then a jab. Holy fuck I should just quit this game.
>People are scared of magic 4
LOL people will just high crush your ass after you try that shit once. No high level bryans use 4 after being plus on block. Watch what all top level bryan players do off a back 1. They either dash forward, do nothing, or taunt then block after because he has nothing

>Lol you mean besides hit-confirmable string, CH launchers, and the best pressure low in the game?
Brother, look at the frames they dont lie. Everything trades or gets interrupted. There is a reason Bryan players doing nothing after they land a b1 or a soccer kick.
>What? These moves are ALL insane and every other character would KILL for these
I can think of a better version of every move that bryan has on a better character.
>B1
Dragunov's running 2
>DB3
Dragunov's d2
>Hatchet kick
Jin's db3 or 4? I forget the CH launching low
>Jet upper
EWGF
>All of his AMAZING ch launchers
Steve's b1
>Mach Kick
Pauls sway 4.

can somebody please explain what the fuck is this noise lili is making when she does 1+2 and some other moves

my.mixtape.moe/inoooq.webm

it doesnt even sound like the rest of her voice acting, is this some kind of inside tekken joke from previous tekkens or something, i dont get it