/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via magnethax or system transfer)
Switch: 1.0.0 soon, 2.0.0-3.0.0 upcoming, 4.1.0 eventually (3.0.0 for Homebrew)
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.55 (4.05 for PS4HEN)
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳CFW + b9s: hax.b4k.co/3ds/guide
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Switch: switch.hacks.guide/
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>Switch
[Feb ??] SciresM is working on a custom firmware for Switch called Atmosphere: github.com/SciresM/Atmosphere-NX
[Feb 18] nx-hbmenu released. Homebrew Launcher for 3.0.0. It's happening. Instructions: switchbrew.github.io/nx-hbl/
[Feb 17] "fusée gelée", a PoC coldboot exploit has been teased and is said to be unpatchable. twitter.com/ktemkin/status/964780654142484481 (embed)

>Vita
[Feb 24] TheFlow has an exploit chain for 3.67, but is going to leave it until at least the end of the year before releasing. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/commit/0a399ea2c4537c9d8de08f81dd69f4dcae9cc50c github.com/TheOfficialFloW/NoNpDrm/commit/196e5b45961737b8b85854cf8412627e3ccfcddc

>PS4
[Feb 28] "Holy Grail" released, allows running unsigned packages. wololo.net/2018/02/28/ps4-4-55-holy-grail-ps4hen-released-enables-pkg-support-homebrew-backups/
[Feb 28] 4.55 kexploit released. wololo.net/2018/02/28/ps4-4-55-jailbreak-specterdev-releases-full-implementation-payloads-pending/
[Feb 4] HABBEDING ALERT - FW 5.0 IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS reddit.com/r/ps4homebrew/comments/7v8p8q/volodymyr_pikhur_recon_2018_presentation_fw50/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z7-BNI8RZZk
youtube.com/watch?v=QxDXHmqbXmg
twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/969739163594457089
youtube.com/watch?v=h6W5N0Hucx0
twitter.com/theflow0
themeplaza.eu/themes
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

SOON

PLEASE HELP I'm at my wit's end trying to get Persona 5 working on CFW PS3.

I've tried downloading ISOs, they get stuck on the first loading screen - even after leaving them for 2 hours. I've tried downloading PKGs, they either won't boot or present a black screen. I've tried messing with options in Rebug and IRISman and nothing is fucking working. I've tried all previously posted tips, tried RAP files, different managers etc nothing works.

Please help.

use webman enable it in the toolbox with cobra as well.

i have shit internet and webman doesn't seem to work

>PS4 4.55 "Holy Grail" PS4Hen released

Doesn't that make PS4: 4.55 (4.05 for PS4HEN) a little redundant

It does, since 4.55 is the new 4.05. I have no idea why the OP says that.

so my daugther asked her mom for a 3ds to play mario
bros and the yoshi game

is the any chances that this one model and color ships with a hackeable version and able to run both games out of the box?

webman is fucking local it runs on the ps3 and loads games from the hdd and mounts them as isos. youtube.com/watch?v=Z7-BNI8RZZk do this

They're not the same thing. According to wololo, the 4.05 PS4HEN is more reliable. I don't know, I'm just the OP. Also forgot to add the 5.05 webkit exploit.

11.3 is readily hacked, 11.4 to 11.6 need a $10 to $20 DS cart. OP should just say that instead of 'magnethax', which these idiots can't understand.

>my daughter asked her mom
>my daughter
>her mom
Anyway, don't teach kids to pirate.

hey guys on rebug with webman enabled pressing start + select shows the system temperature. just leaving this here for anons with fat systems.

How does Drastic determine your last played game for when you hit "Continue previous Game"? I beat Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box like two weeks ago and have been playing Unwound Future, but it still puts me where i last saved in Diabolical Box for some reason.

It's not a huge deal because I reopen the game where i last left it open when I resume a different game, I just don't really understand it

youtube.com/watch?v=QxDXHmqbXmg
This is pretty interesting. I didn't know savestates were possible on GBA flashcarts. Do others have this capability, or just this one that's not released yet?

Retards will always ignore the OP.

just found out I left my ps4 on 4.55, didnt use it much
is there anywhere I can read what jailbreak, cfw, payload etc. mean? not really used to console piracy except following some guide for dummies.

secondly, is it possible to play, let's say sao fatal bullet, monster hunter world or fightersz using this exploit or what?

Oh I see. Let's not make it clearer to read in that case.

Disable all automatic downloads and NEVER leave your console in sleep mode (shut it down every time). To hack it, all you have to do is either host the exploit on your own, or just go to this website with the browser:

crack.bargains

Pick 4.55 v2 and let it load. Once it's done, you can now install pirated games via the new "debug settings" option in the settings menu. Note you must visit this site every time you want to install or run pirated games.

>secondly, is it possible to play, let's say sao fatal bullet, monster hunter world or fightersz using this exploit or what?
No, you're currently stuck with 4.55 and under games. They're updating the exploit to 5.02 and 5.05 "soon", meaning you'll be able to play those games "soon".

Is it wise to buy my ps3 super slim and get a hackeable console like the switch or a slim ps3?

i meant sell btw

This but unironically.

>download game from nopaystation spreadsheet
>no zRIF
guess I'll use a maidump

This isn't really homebrew-related but it seems like the best place to ask anyway; Is there anything particular I need to know about backing up old Wii Virtual Console games before the service ends?
I'm not using homebrew or CFW or anything, but I don't know where else to ask about this.

Is it as simple as sticking all my games on an SD Card? How does the system know it's okay to play them off of that SD Card? Can I move them to other SD Cards and have them still work? If the store is gonna be offline, how does the system even know that you're "not allowed" to play a different VC game placed on the SD Card that you never actually purchased?

Whats wrong with that sentence? Are you saying he should have called his daughter's mom his wife instead? What if he's not married to her.

>defending cuckolding

They're encrypted and signed with per-console keys.

What does cuckolding have to do with this. If you have a daughter with a woman, and you don't marry her. That woman is your daughter's mom. Also called your baby's momma. What does that have to do with cuckolding.

why would you download something without a zrif when it lists it right there
at any rate >reddit and nextgenroms have a lot of nonpdrm titles too

I impulsively saw a url and downloaded it

>implying having a daughter with someone that you're not currently in a relationship with is cuckolding
People get divorces and have casual sex, user.

twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/969739163594457089
oh shit new update on the way. grab your eshop shit now anons.

Wheres that google doc with all the regions, switch product codes and their firmwares.

desu, the exploit for the latest fw will probably not be fixed in that one. Don't update though until SciresM says anything though.

actually looking at the >reddit post with the torrent there are some games that are missing urls in nopaystation but have a zrif and are in the torrent. How the does that happen? Are there other sources of urls and zrifs than nopaystation?

they might patch webkit though. Its easy to patch.

What's the state of Xbox One?

Literally no one cares about it.

Ok so get this Microsoft added glitch detection hardware to the xbone.Then for 20 bucks ( free for students with an .edu email adress) they let you enable a dev mode sandbox in which you can run emulators and kodi. Its like other os on the ps3 its in a sandbox. nobody wants to ruin this so no one hacks it.

just ordered my 4.55 OFW ps4
there are backups yet?

Kodi is on the Xbox store, not exactly l33t hacking needed.

I'm pc master race, just asked because I haven't heard anything about it

Cool didn't know that

Tbh this is probably the best way to stop consoles getting hacked. No one with the skills necessary for hacking the XOne is interested in it as it already allows you to do the homebrew type stuff on it already. Almost everyone that cracks consoles do it for the "epic homebrew" with piracy as a secondary hack. If no ones bothering to crack it then no major piracy.

It was pulled for a little and that was the only way to use it. Ive also heard that some one managed to get in through a ms edge exploit and a dev mode privilege escalation. Nobody has released shit so dont expect anything till end of life.

yep microsoft looked at the ps3 other os situation and got smart. The only people who have hacked the xbone are people going for bug bountys.

the urls are just Sony, I don't know if they've pulled downloads or if people don't know the source
zrifs are user uploads so that's just up to the ability of the people managing the spreadsheet to add everything

Is there any way to use adrenaline with a non-activated vita I just got mine a week ago and there seems to be no way to activate.

there is user, just check the guide

soon means 5 or more years, right? fuck...

dose anyone have a guide to get cfw on my ps3 cechl01 on version 4.81?
the guide only talks about downgrading to 4.82 to get cfw
also what all can you do with a homebrewed ps3?

Google has tons of them

Atmosphere's officially managing to load the kernel: youtube.com/watch?v=h6W5N0Hucx0

The above video is it successfully performing smcCpuOn for the kernel it loaded, turning on a second CPU core on hardware. (The second core just panics, turning the screen red).

Lots and lots of debugging ahead, I'm sure, but it's a nice achievement for the Switch's one-year anniversary.

It took several tries to record this video without my face being visible...

gonna gift my o3ds to the gf. does this pass normie filters? is there anything i should disable on luma to prevent her from doing something dumb?

Great work man.

>spoiler
Time to get a tripod

so how do you plan to debug it. using the screen or the joycon uart like ive seen others do.

should be fine as long as you have latest luma and b9s

Watch your gf get hooked on monster hunter.

I don't have *any* special hardware, so it's all screen debugging for now. I'm planning on getting a proper screen driver working very soon.

hey odd question i remember you talking about a open i think it was arm 9 kernel for the 3ds called atmosphere. Did that project turn into this cfw. Or was it abandoned.

Can someone tell me why fl0w is sitting on 3.67 for 9 months? Link me to his blog or some shit even.

Yeah -- Atmosphere started its life as a 3DS Kernel9 re-implementation. That got stalled because I couldn't figure out how to do DMA SVCs properly...they require implementing an XDMA bytecode JIT.

This project is called Atmosphere-NX on github specifically because of that, actually (the old one's now Atmosphere-3DS). One day I'd like to go back and finish it...but Atmosphere-NX is my priority until it's usable.

That's part of the reason I'm doing all my Atmosphere-NX dev in the open, actually -- I don't want it to stall out in private the way Atmosphere-3DS has.

I always thought CFW were what let people pirate. But then I read here that the PS4 can pirate but it doesn't have a CFW. And someone is currently working on a CFW for the Switch. Whats the point of that if it doesn't help with piracy? Shouldn't they just be working on whatever will make possible to pirate.

You made it show red.

Great work

>both libraries so dry you don't even feel like picking a PS4 or Switch in exploitable firmware
Anyone else on the same boat?

twitter.com/theflow0
it says on his twitter he wants to wait until vita is end of life, he wants wants to see if vita devs will move to switch by next year probably so vita will have all it's games when he releases the hack

this way we get all the games all of them. its about data preservation. No lost media.

So do you think where getting a firmware update soon. I saw you re tweeted the nintendo report on the play time reset.

Then why announce that you have something? Just keep quiet until you plan on releasing.

I got a Switch because I'm a pokemon nerd and want to save edit, I'm only playing Odyssey really.

PS4 I'm not sure about, my computer is old as fuck and gpu prices are not coming down yet, so I could use the PS4 to play AAA games+few exclusives, but I think I should just save money for the pc.

they cant fix what they don't know. But your right he really should have waited till eol before saying anything. Ill say this again we need a food hack, fucking yifan at least share your 1.80 food hack with other talented devs.

Is this the correct general to ask about r4 cards?

yes

Yeah, I fear the Switch might pick up steam and become the next de facto handheld, but it's not looking good right now. I already have a Wii U, so I'm only left with Odyssey and waiting god knows how long until SMT comes out (and then for CFW to catch up with the FW version). PS4 would be just a BB machine, but you do raise a good point about multiplats, no way I'm buying another mid-high end GPU with these prices. Guess I'll have to reconsider it.

you know what i love about the switch. its got two fucking analog sticks. oh the emulator fun were going to have on it.

I think PS4 exploit lets you use debug menu so you can do whatever you want with your console, like running backups. I might be wrong though.

Cool. So I have multiple issues. So I have in R4 SDHC RTS LITE, 2016 edition. I use it on my 2DSXL. I've been wanting to play pokemon white recently. When using the default menu/firmware or whatever you want to call it that comes installed on the r4, the game runs fine. The cheat list for the game however is an absolute mess. Garbled text, cheats not showing up correctly, cheats getting cut off at the end of the list etc. Real pain in the ass. So I installed YSmenu as well, it solved that issue, all the cheats are shown perfectly etc. But when running the game in YSmenu, the game freezes when I try to save. Every time. So I could go for a solution to either one of these issues. For reference I've already tried moving around and deleting files in the usrcheats.dat file, it only seemed to make the list more garbled and a lot worse. Any advice would be appreciated.

D-Does the 3DS happen to save saves directly to the system even when you're using an emunand on your SD card?
I lost my SD card with all the games and everything...

yes

F

I hate that no one talks about DQMJ3 despite it getting a sweet English patch a few months ago.

rekt

>emunand

Nice do you know where i can find some good themes.

themeplaza.eu/themes

oh btw you gotta register to enable lewd themes

fuck goddammit really. even if i have the url to the page.

Aaaaaahhh...

everything was on the SD, sorry dude

Been about a year since I've been on here, can the PS TV fully be hacked and play most if not all of the Vitas library on it, not just emulation?

ye

We're limited to 3.60 games like always, but that may change soon.

no

So when did 3.6 come out then?

So anything around 2016 would work?

the rxtools url for the 3ds browser doesn't work anymore, what's the new one?

kek

What CFW are you using? It works fine for me on Rebug 4.81, both ISO and PSN version

>still no Rebug REX 4.82