/vtg/ - Vermintide General

Gook Pit edition

Previous thread: >Beta tome and grimoire locations
This is for the previous beta's levels, needs to be updated
pastebin.com/bGPgDicd
>Discord
discord.gg/Zwwk5uz

Repostan since I got in at the end of the thread.

Th-thanks p-papa Ranald.

Honestly if you use a flamethrower in this game you're an absolute fucking loser. Thanks for taking away any fun I could have in this game

holy fuck huntsman is so squishy. is bounty hunter just as squishy as this fucker?

SOMEONE GIVE ME A CORRECT, FACTUALLY SUPPORTED AND WELL REASONED ANSWER TO THE "Should you open commendation boxes before lvl 25" QUESTION RIGHT FUCKING NOW

I think because it scales to your level?

you should

THAT'S NOT FACTUALLY SUPPORTED NOR WELL REASONED

none of the level 5 talents come close to 25% higher overheat cap.
Level 10 talent doesn't matter, all are shit.
I take the third option at 15 since if you dump by using your special, which you can a lot at 25/with certain traits, venting related stuff isn't as useful. Presumably it also reduces the heat generated by being damaged which is important.
20 talent is obviously health on kill.
25 is cooldown reduction.

So will my character level be wiped? I max leveled my heroes so now I can just steam roll the other levels for what?

requesting the slayer running to his death edit

THE CORRECT ANSWER IS THAT IT IS A PERSONAL DECISION ONE HAS TO MAKE FOR THEMSELF, LIKE WHETHER TO HAVE CHEESE ON A HAMBURGER >FOOD ANAOLOGY HAHAHAH FOOD FATTY FOOD

THE GEAR THAT COMES OUT OF THE BOXES IS PARTIALLY RELIANT ON CHARACHTER LEVEL BUT IS MOSTLY RELIANT ON GEAR LEVEL, MEANING THAT SINCE THE BOX GOES TO LVL 300, YOU CAN REASONABLY SAVE IT FOR 270 GEAR SCORE TO JUMP THE FINAL 30 SCORE, OR YOU CAN WAIT FOR 300 TO GET A BUNCH OF GOOD GEAR THAT CAN THEN BE USED TO POWERLEVEL YOUR LOWBIES

ON THE OTHER HAND, OPENING MORE BOXES INCREASES YOUR GEAR SCORE, WHICH CARRIES ITS OWN ADVANTAGES.

IT IS ULTIMATELY UP TO YOU. JUST PICK ONE AND STOP POSTING FETUSWOJACK

have fun being level 20 getting 130 power items

130 power items is what you should expect at level 20 though?

>t. level 24 who's opened all boxes and is getting items at 160ish

>Already level 9
>Still somewhat get occasional wipes in Recruit
>Kinda scared to move up to Veteran
>Have this autistic creed to never move up a difficulty until I can 100% finish on lower difficulty like Diablo 2
I'm going to be forever stuck here am I? How is the difficulty spike between difficulties?

THANK YOU

It gets faster at that point since items begin to give loads of crafting mats, meaning you can constantly craft to spike yourself a little higher

it depends how many you have opened account wide, on my second character I was getting 200+ items at 15

the whole power system is fucked and convoluted

except weapon and jewelry parts are 5 times harder to get now

1. should I turn scrap into random items or save it?

2. are the rewards of higher difficulties worth it? I can now do veteran

At the start, yes. At 100+ they become much more common. I get one every other weapon I toss in about now.

Are there any non-grenade related Trinket traits (not necklace or charms, trinkets in particular)?

I rerolled the trait on my charm 6 times but I never gave me anything but grenaded enemies taken more damage for a short time or increased grenade explosion radius.

Do you mean item power level or character?

Power level.

What comes out as better overall, temp health on crit or temp health on kill?

necks are healing slot traits, charms are
potions, and trinkets are bombs

character or item?

>"Who farted?"

how is this even a question for people
>are you critting a lot
crits
>do you not crit a lot
kills

What skill should I use for Elf? +5 crit, +5 speed or 30% stamina regen?

either 5% one

I see. What is stamina in this game again? I wish the game would give a better stat summary page than just lumping it on power

block shields

+5 speed, leave the lumberfoots behind

I wish we still selected missions with the map, it sounds autistic but choosing them from the map gave it much more character than just clicking a fucking tile on a screen. It even feels like they were going to go with it originally since some of the characters animations when they're examining the current map have them leaned over way to far, as if they were looking at a map on a table like the first game.

>horde of skaven starts
>Bardin says "there's a TIDE of them"
Truly, this is a Warhammer: Vermintide 2.

>Zealot with the Zwei

lmao mad

Got my first Illusion. I don't know what I was expecting, just maybe something a little more.

Unlike other Asrai, I dont leave my team mates for a suicidal charge though :^)

>use ranger bardin's special
>enemies still attack me evne though I did not attack or move out of the smoke

?????

They come like the tide! -Sienna

>saw a clanrat doing the "trying to hide/back to the wall" animation with a norscan face to face just a foot from him
>didn't have time to screenshot before my team slaughtered them so no one will believe me
This angers me more than it should.

STOP FUCKING STEALING MY AMMO YOU ELF NIGGERS

They should just make it so it's only available to Bardin for the first like 5-10 seconds and then it becomes visible, and if he marks it it becomes visible immediately.

This is the size difference for the Living bomb level 25 increased radius talent for anyone who cares, not that it matters since you'll always take the cooldown reduction.

lol

>Already

What level are you supposed to move up to Veteran? I'm saying already, because it looks like I'm already overleveled for Recruit.

Alright Krubers, Merc or Huntsman?

When all or most of your gear is power 85-100

Depends, do you plan on being useful or not?

huntsman so you melt bosses

there's literally no reason (none) to do veteran/champion unless you're reached the 100/200 item power cap from the recruit/veteran chests. The plvl of items you get from chests steadily increases each time you open them, regardless of where you got the chest.

If you open a champion chest (max plvl it can give is 300) when you're getting plvl 85 or so items from chests, it'll just give you a plvl 86 item.

You only move up for either cause you wanna try the challenge or you've hit the item plvl cap for your current difficulty.

but both are useful

>Play Unchained Sienna
>Never really need to use health packs
I'm still on Veteran but god damn I've spent the past four missions never going below 75% health and that is without the level 20 temp health on kill perk.

If I get a regen trinket I might actually be invincible.

Move up to veteran whenever you want, I recommend trying higher difficulties whenever you get the chance. Every difficulty will be full of tards but most of them are in the lowest difficulty, the only way to get accustomed to higher difficulties is by playing them so go for it mang.

I got Bardin to level 27 and I have no fucking drive to play this game anymore

One has some crowd control.
The other has an escape, crowd melter, and boss melter.

>merc active isn't useful
>merc's passive spreading to the team isn't useful

>Beat the game
>Want to stop playing

Okay?

Yeah you maxed out one character you got 4 more

merc active really is not that useful when everyone get generate a bunch of temp health after 20, especially since it'll be capped by grimoire reduction so you won't even provide the full temp health amount in many situations.

Huntsman does everything Merc does, but better.
>active clears crowds temporarily and gives some HP
Huntsman just deletes the crowd instead.
>passive gives 10% faster attack to all
Huntsman gives like 1000% more attack on demand.

>not even getting one character to max level from playing 3 of the 13 maps is beating the game

>If I get a regen trinket I might actually be invincible.
I have one. You will be. I got a regen trinket earlier today and have since played like 10-20 matches as Unchained and have never once had to use a healing item.
I'd enjoy it now because I'm almost certain they'll nerf-hammer her into uselessness because no one but elf players are allowed to actually have fun.

what lvl did you get that

I see. Never knew about the level caps.

I'm level 25 but I'm still using this

I think I dont like PVE loot grind shooters but I love Warhammer fantasy

Then what's stopping you? Vermintide and Total Warhammer are pretty much the only decent Warhammer vidya, and Vermintide 2 is the closest we'll ever get to a Warhammer Fantasy RPG.

Ceremonial dagger sucks dick, why is everyone all hard about it?

Because you aren't using it right jeff.

>Vermintide 2 is the closest we'll ever get to a Warhammer Fantasy RPG

don-don't say that user

Do you have low power? It's always the best weapon for her but it really shines at 180 or so and up when it starts hitting way more targets.

There's only two ways to use it, my man

And yet you are fucking it up, because if you were using it right you wouldn't be asking such a stupid question.

RPG? Hardly I like the game but seriously I do not get how you fags defend the loot and grinding system it was such a slog to get past 20.

Id love a versus mode to keep this shit fresh but you guys are so scared of PVP its astounding

Hits fastest by a significant amount which is good with traits like and has the highest hit/flinch count out of all her weapons (or equal highest).

Use a cheat engine brother makes the useless shit about game completely disappear

so do I need to equip my best items before opening a chest or am I being autistic

>Id love a versus mode to keep this shit fresh but you guys are so scared of PVP its astounding
The PVE is already cancerous as it is and you want to ADD PVP when Fatshark can barely balance classes? See Total War Warhammer 2, on how competitive shit ruined the fun for everyone because of muh PVP balance.

teach me master

no, it's based off acquired items not equipped items. Yes you can salvage them and they'll still count.

> rotting whatever level
> Things are going pretty well, no big issues to speak of.
> Get to the second grim
> Saltz goes to grab it
> Gets stuck in midair
> Try to get beside him and shove him, like fucking elves keep doing to me whenever I'm ledgecamping with a gun
> Get stuck right there with him
> in nothing
That whole level is really unfinished. Like fuck dude, there are holes in the texturing all over the place and this dumb getting stuck thing too, fuck off already.

Yes. Guess I'll keep it in the pocket until I get some more power

>get a vac ban for cheating in an incredibly easy game taht realistically has very little true grind
lol shitter

Can you cheater fags actually give us any help to cheat or at least pop into random games and give us unlimited XP

Class tiers for VM2?

??????????

just press F my dude

Sienna>Elf>everyone else

>dwarf runs for the fields instead of the house with one way in during a horde
>everyone else follows and they all die
I set up multiple barrels and told them to come there why are people this stupid?

>flat out worse than alternatives
Handmaiden, Witch Hunter, Bright Wizard, Foot Knight, Slayer

>ok
Dwarf Ranger, Mercenary, Zealot, Shade

>good
Ironbreaker, Bounty Hunter, Unchained, Pyromancer, Waystalker

>meme
Huntsman

Can hackers mod peoples matches? I remeber in V1 they could hack your loot drops to get reds 100%. Faggots has the audacity to complain about it to cuckshark

It's always guys trying to kill the team looking for grims or guys who scrounging for healing potions

Huntsman>everything else

In Vermintide 1, is there an ideal weapon for the witch hunter? I'm playing on easy and have lost every single game thus far, so things are going pretty well.