Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/fQsNafrk
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.
Suggested Changes: piratepad.net/YwogqyaUro

>Useful Links
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Recently Released
Beat Valkyrie Ixseal - sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2332124
Steve[Monster] SR Mod - mega.nz/#!JEwnzLZK!8k3-9LiPXVwG2znwHRLtTOCUaour_fXhQfqUit0IP8g
DARKNESSHERO SR Rance Mod - mega.nz/#F!VloWzD6B!trEkYLMKASDXIYsGdLa8jw

Rance X
sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2441678
Hook Code
/HSN30:0@00614875:
Gameplay Explanation:
mega.nz/#!n9RjzQ5Q!YXmlYiuxNnaHvHui3YJIzK_4Fju2KSc9ByjJBQbVfEc
VNR Guide:
mega.nz/#!appSkIDK!-UF7M0_T-QHBQd4ibErlIjJZuChdDp-qpmZXWSlVaj0
Cards List:
pastebin.com/RrThBVcH
Portraits:
mega.nz/#!Xg5SSZLa!T96Dow70AVz-7-hev83wor-FYJR7QWHFvAwMhDETwT8

>Upcoming Games
English
Evenicle (English) - Likely Early 2018
Sengoku Rance (English) - After Evenicle
Rance Quest Magnum (English) - Likely 2019
mangagamer.org/rance/

Japanese
RPG 3- by the Evenicle team (New IP)
Dohna Dohna - by the Rance 03 Team (New IP)
Loli MILF Nukige - by the MILF nukige team
'Heartwarming' VN - by the Atlach Nacha writer

Haniwa Development Studio:
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/cat_92268.html

Remember to use spoiler tags when discussing untranslated games.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7f9Xa2Y3Iy0
youtube.com/watch?v=MDqHZsRWFNw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

OH NO NO NO

Reminder that Shizuka is her own mother and daughter now.

Sill theme in X where?
youtube.com/watch?v=7f9Xa2Y3Iy0
youtube.com/watch?v=MDqHZsRWFNw

>Arms has all range attacks
>Despite having a spear

She's poking from far away, doofus.

It's still a melee attack and not a projectile.

It's from far away, that makes it a projectile in a technical sense.

Reminder that Rance cuck Arios and Kentarou

But she's still doing a melee attack. She's not throwing the spear. Otherwise all Phalanx formations would be considered projectile attacks.

it doesn't say projecting anywhere. It says ranged. She's attacking from range so it's fine.

Look, dude. The spear is coming from far away. What more do you want out of a ranged attack?

It's a bow and arrow icon. That kind of implies a projectile.

Do you get upset when staff icons don't involve actual staves? Do you get ticked when sword icons reflect axes? It's called abstract symbolism, man.

When Arms does the actual attacks, are they pokes/slashes/stabs, or actual arrows being fired at the enemy?

>Arios
He didn't care about any of his girls outside of Nina. Literally gave 0 fucks about Cecil

When someone uses the actual magic, is it lightning/fire/ice, or actual staves smacking the enemy?

why are you arguing semantics? arm's attack is marked as ranged, therefore the interpretation of the bow an arrow icon as projectile must be incorrect. Why defend it?

Map of CITY 1.

But when she does the attacks, are they stabs, implying a ranged melee, or arrows, implying a projectile unbefitting her character?
This is no longer semantics, but now proving whether or not AS did something stupid.

Saw the 50% humanity death ending, was hoping for Arios to go postal on the demon world but instead he just gets depowered abruptly, defeating the point of the hero system aren't we, disappointing.

You forgot to put Shizuka/Nagi in the boat route, pretty sure they're guaranteed as 2/3 options

It's not like Arms is the only character with ranged melee attacks, user.

Map of Zeth 1.
Fuck this site is so trash, why do you stay here.

Arios implementation in this game is disappointing in general. Even in the endings he gets no resolution or closure and is just left hanging. It's really upsetting.

She also admit that she is in love in rance before he become DK. Nagi also add that for the last 15 ears she is been searching for a wa to turn rance back into a human

>AS did
Fair enough. Let's start with the definition of the bow and arrow icon. How does Alicesoft define it? Do they define it at all?

Amitos uses a sword for instance.
Yeah, the whole humanity death counter is basically irrelevant, except as a forced game over if you're just not defending countries for some reason.

Kanami's shurikens are at least a projectile.
Plus using a spear isn't really all the ranged considering you're still within melee range considering you're not using a 30 foot spear.

Now quit dancing around my question: Does arms actually fire off arrows instead of attack with melee.

Gonna give the following a try to see if I can figure out the reqs for Sieg
>Aurora recruitment, Hawzel+Seizel recruitment, Kamilla rescue

Didn't someone say he got some resolution in the sky ending?

so you're just not going to answer my question? rude.

Why answer yours when you never answered mine when it was asked first?

>Lei spamming nothing but magic attacks
MAKE IT STOP

I'm not that user

Guys it's simple as fuck to know that sword means melee and arrow means projectile. Sure, it's a bit odd that Arms has projectile attacks, but why the FUCK are you arguing over this?

Pretty sure it's the same lose his powers as the rest.

Having Satella praise me at the end of every quest and then give me her H-sscene before the final boss sure does wonders to my motivation.
Now I feel more like shit for letting two of her close friends get killed.

Random thought: How aware are most people on the Continent of the video game mechanics that their world runs on?

People do know level exists, and that level gods are a thing, but how wide spread is that information? And how much do they actually know about how it works? Same with Skills.

Haven't seen that happen in the Sea ending. But isn't that conclusion, though? He fails, loses his powers, gets told he was full of shit from the very start and falls in despair alone. Not sure what more conclusion you people want.

Remember that generic archer with 5ap attack you've got earlier? She can nuke him in 2 rounds with some combo counter and elemental bonus.

>but how wide spread is that information?
Extremely? There are level up shops on the street, it's a daily life thing for them.

They know about levels but don't know their level cap until they actually reach it. They also know about skill levels, but they also can't check what skill levels they have besides just experiment what they can do, I guess.

So by the end of part 2 only rizna and satella who is confirmed into going to search for rance

That's what I thought. I remember that stuff being pretty commonly discussed in 01, but it seemed to become less of a topic as the series got into the later games.

Best girl

The Continent isn't that big and Rance tends to stay in one place for a while after every adventure. It probably didn't take them very long to find him.
Hell, the game starts with Satella stalking him, she's probably good at that.

Tried returning 1 turn back (turn 12), frees Free Cities first
Then freed Leazas on next turn, still the same instadeath

So are you limited to 13 turns or what? I dont see how we can Free all 4 Areas + rescue Hornet and Miki in lower than 13 turns....

3 turns wasted because of Red Eye attack

Ok, I give up.

She's loosing spears from a bow, obv

Well, he basically finds out everything he has ever done and will ever do is useless.

Which knowing the hero system, that was really the only outcome for someone like Arios.

Has it been confirmed that Gandhi/Rizna can be intact for the true route even though it isn't really canon?

>3 turns wasted because of Red Eye attack
You've fucked up from that point.

That's all well and good but you should have able to have sex with her much earlier than that.

Well a majority of the cast didn't get CGs either.

Also Ludo because he is a good son

They're aware of levels although they aren't flat out told of their cap, normally they go to a level god/dess shop to level up while certain strong people get to have their own level god/dess to call, they also know of skill levels but the only way people figure that out is from people's display in talent. Crook as the pope has the ability to tell what skill levels people has.

Yes. It's not one of the requeriments.

>I dont see how we can Free all 4 Areas + rescue Hornet and Miki in lower than 13 turns....
Thats like NG+++++++++.

I'd concentrate on getting more CP for now.

Can we evade the Red Eye attack on Turn 8? Since he seem to always attack on turn 8, and then forcing me to only be able to take Rance Castle quests for ~2 next turns, being unable to help the other countries....

Not really. 8's whole thing is that Rance can only bang girls at level 35 or above, and girls he bang go down to level 1, so levels are talked about constantly. 9 was way more serious so levels didn't come up as much, but they're still mentioned is SOL bits. In 10, Arios is talking about not having a high enough level almost constantly, and a big plot thread involves Rance's lack of a level cap (can't say much more due to spoilers).

anybody know about artbooks? I thought I heard something about orion something or other

You didn't do Shangri la

Right. Before the game was released I expected her to have more than one scene, too, but since there's few CGs I'll take what I can get. Her events are really cute too so they'll do.

I wanta rance artbook in my hands so bad.
Who was the artist for this game anyway?

If you can't beat red eye there, I'd just get the CP for the Miki otherworld and 50% humanity death endings and start over.

Orion
He got good, out of nowhere

What's the total count on Sill CGs? Is it enough?

Like, 2 independent ones for H-scenes, and 5ish if you count her with other people.

2 HCGs. She's also in some other non-H.

From the conversation between satella and rizna There is a time where her pheromone goes berserk and both she and satella have a hard time because of it (reffering that they and DK rance have a wild sex) and in the end rance applied a seal into rizna in the form of symbol in her eyes Wish they add a cg and scene for this one.

I hope he releases an artbook, but also importantly, I hope he does whatever alicesoft is planning next... his illustration in this super freaking gud

Ahhhh so that Shangri-La is needed...
Any other things I should note?
Trying to do a run where no ally died, but the schedule is so tight....
turn 2 = Helman Majin (preventing Tser sisters death)
t3 = (was Zeth Majins) (also Wenlina)
t4 = (was Cities Majins)
t5 = (was Miki)
t6 = (was Leazas Majins, I chose Hawzel)
t7 = (was Hornet rescue, should be before turn 8 right)

Will anyone from Zeth/Cities die from turn 4-8? Since this run I still lost that Blue Corps Leader from Leazas cos of RedEye attack....

Thanks for the help guys!

I hadn't played Quest yet (I'm waiting for the official release), but I had heard about that mechanic. I also heard it was WAY more frustrating in vanilla than Magnum, so thank god that's not the version they're bringing over.

>rapist
>constantly lies to get laid
>fucks little girls all the time
>fantasizes and dreams about having sex with both cute men and big burly men
>isn't averse to fucking his own daughters
>is into guro a bit
This is your hero for tonight.

>should be before turn 8 right
Turn 8 is fine as well.

Since when was Agireda this hot for Rance

I just started guys
Who to pick and how do you usually make a decision here?

always pick items

>Do Uspira's meal ticket event
>Rance gropes her butt
>She stares at him so coldly that he gets scared and leaves
You've pussied out, Rance

Just pick who you like for now, your first run is all about getting a grasp on the ropes as the world crumbles around you anyway.

You have to do the first cities fairly early or else it will fall

Alex from Zeth will die pretty early

You can put off saving Miki until turn 6

Believe in your heart.

Why would anyone else need to go look for him? The other DL girls have to deal with the transition and Satella works fine as an emissary on their behalf to get him to come back and visit. Any other girls who consider Rance important to them or vice versa are people he would run into on his own while traveling

Have to look at skills and how they would fit into your team

Sometimes generics can be better than rares because they have a good passive

Defense > Rizna > Rance?
Any chances?

anyone else feeling the urge to pop that balloon?

You can switch someone in before you decide, is there anyone that can help? They won't be able to move until next turn though

I wish medusa popped that balloon instead of pic related

is she okay?

JUST

you do realize Rizna's 2nd move basically nullifies magic damage, like the spell you're about to be raped by, right?

no

So how do you build a team in this? Is it just a 2-3 0/1 AP attackers to build combo, some supports and then make sure you have a character that can do a high damage AP move as a finisher?

It doesn't matter, reflect comes after the attack, so he can just kill him with Rance.

Nah, there's a cute shota brewing inside. A proud midget like his mother and grandfather, and none of the dastardly manlet qualities of his father.

Pretty criminal to leave this out.

Maria or MALICE?

Maria had a 0 AP ranged attack

Kay-chan was actually pretty difficult once he got serious, that was a fight to the wire.

I'm pissed that this is canon.