>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=59eLW1IGUCU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you didn't have the points to get both to 40/40, would you rather have more VIT or more END, or would you balance them?

END

depends on the kind of weapon im using

i like to have at least 40 end for a weapon like valorheart for example

>TFW you manage to destroy a 4man gank squad alone in demon ruins
Feels good man. They were using spells and host even used seed on me but they still got rekt.
After some time host did nothing but stood near bonfire and kept summoning his buddies, so I blocked them all. They even got blue phantom (althought I would rather say I got a blue phantom since free refill is always nice).
One was so afraid of me that he fell into lava.
I would like to see the hosts face after he understood that there is nobody left to protect his ass.

Why is Ringed Knight Spear such a brutal weapon?

Post weaponfus from any of the souls games. Here are mine

is valorheart actually good? looks like a cool weapon i would enjoy

Spears are underrepresented in the meta so people aren't sure how to fight them due to lack of exposure and shitters don't have their favorite youtuber to tell them how to fight it as a consequence ergo, the shit-pushing

You mean Vigor, right? Because you only ever level Vitality if you're building a poise monster.

And most builds can survive with 30-34 Endurance, but 39 Vigor is generally considered mandatory.

i havent played with it in a while, but a big issue with it is you need to have stam for block frames else you get put into guardbreak if you trade (since your attacks have block frames)
one big benefit however is the sword is actually way longer then it appears

How good is SEETHING chaos?

I mean Vigor, yeah

Is it safe to use CE to upgrade weapons in DaS3?

>you get put into guardbreak if you trade
oh so that's why that was happening

just fought a guy using it and i broke his guard once and one-shot him

>TFW trolling hosts with Millwood Greatbow

Too damn fun

So is pretty much everything in the Ringed City resistant to Fire and Dark? How do you even get by as a Pyro?

Any tips for a ds1 boi about to play DS3 for the first time? I'm pretty blind, although I've learned some things from lurking.

I take it I should use a straight sword? Are quality builds good? Does claymore/zwei fall under straight sword, or just the small faggy swords?

Safer to use 'upgrade costs no materials' or whatever that option is called

Anyone up for some coop in Undead Settlement? Just started new character to test out pure STR build, platform PC, SL 21. Waiting at first bonfire, password is "stronk"

Dark/Gnawing for Demon Prince, Lightning Arrow/Infused Weapon for Midir, Gael's probably not resistant to Fire/Lightning/Magic. Pestilent Mercury works for everything

Thanks.

Vomitting Rocks deals physical damage, it's absurdly good in poise breaking vs normal enemies. On bosses however it might be a little too slow.

As usual, pure STR weapons and Ultra Greatswords steamroll through everything so much it's not even funny. Dex weapons are kinda funny with their vast moveset. Quality is as always the way to go for melee characters, 27 STR/40 DEX is dishing out fuckton of dmg with Refined infusion. Try to play around different weapons and find what suits you the best. Imo avoid magic on 1st playthrough, since early spells suck donkey balls.

don't have any footage, but definitely the halberd. it just looks so cool, definitely gave me my favorite playthrough of 2.

The Ringed City is pretty tough lads.

Spear + greatshield ringed knights are one of the very few enemies in this game I have no real idea how to counter. The only thing that compares are cathedral knights with maces.

Fuck.
How do I even kill these Lorian siblings.
Fuck this gay Earth and this gay game!

>As usual, pure STR weapons and Ultra Greatswords steamroll through everything so much it's not even funny

In DaS3? No way, everything is too fast. The Great Club carried me in DaS1 and is holding me back I feel in this game. What greatsword should I be using? Because I feel big boy weapons aren't doing there job.

Astora Great Sword is super fast compared to other UGS, also paperweight. Easy to get below 25% since armor is almost useless in this game. Instead of spamming R1 try to combine different moves, utilize the range and absolutely glorious charged R2. Weapon art for catching roll spamming pvp shitters.

Prioritize mobility, time your rolls well instead of panic tumbling, improve camera work not to get surprised by *teleporting behind*. In 2nd phase focus on attacking the back of Lorian to deal double hits.

>improve camera work not to get surprised by *teleporting behind*

This boss is literally "Lorian, The Nothing Personal Kid Prince".
AAAAAAA

i want to FUCK the firekeeper bros

Great Mace is amazing. Solid, wide swings and 3rd highest damage in the game (right behind meme weapons like Smough's and Ledo's).
Perseverance is amazing, time it when somebody swings at you then just smash them into the ground in return.

Seriously?!!!!
The old Lorian can indefinitely revive the teleporting faggot?
This is as faggot as faggotry can get!

I have used that and it is fast. How do you feel about the Executioners GS? And I'm mostly worried about PvE, my club has flattened invading dorks but isn't the best in PvE I feel. And for a strength build would you recommend a good upgraded medium shield like the Lothric Knight's or go with a lighter greatshield like the GS of Glory?

Protip: aim your attacks at the pussy-looking faggot riding Lorian's back. If you kill him, you automatically win the fight.

I'l check it out. What about Yhorms Great Machete? I don't see it mentioned here often.

Valorheart is a stamina management weapon above all else. The block frames allow you to win just about any trade with smaller weapons, but against larger weapon you run an extremely high risk of being guard broken. Also, it has a hard counter in the form of the Mail Breaker, so you should switch to something else if you see someone pull that out.

>try to go for Bort's face on a new character since I saw that you could visceral him in a video
>end up taking him down to 30% without a visceral since his arms keep getting in the way of my sword
>give up and just kill him normally
I swear, some things just aren't worth the effort of trying.

Also, weapons that have Stance as their weapon art can be pretty dangerous to it as well, so you should be careful about that too.

you probably don't even have a bad loadout, how can you not do it?

Not him but I found the Twins to be harder than anything in DaS1 maybe less than Black Dragon Mamhet but some bosses give different people worlds of trouble.

>39 Vigor is generally considered mandatory
...I don't think I've ever leveled it beyond 18. In any of the souls or bloodborne. Have I been playing wrong?

i'm not really in any position to argue about difficulty since i don't really find the game absurdly difficult but is Farron Greatsword useful in the battle? when i used it it was +3 and i was lvl 70~

I've never cared for it's moveset but yeah I've seen people swear by it.

Exe GS has strange moveset imo, numbers are fine but I find it lacking in range. Claymore as always is a fine choice, with neat running R1 and long thrust attacks. There is also a lot of funky gimmick boss greatswords too. About shields, no idea, since DeS I've never used one.

well shit, my opinion can be discarded now and i wouldn't oppose

What is the Drakesword of DS3? Fallen Knight armor?

what is the >weapon of ds3? >armor?

It's good, but the attacks are really narrow.

Are you still there? I dropped a sign.

Ohh, sorry, went a little forward. Give me 3 minutes, I'll come back to the first bonfire.

Fucking finally.

I think I tried almost 30 times.
Hardest boss, so far.
Thanks for the tip.

>30 times
>hardest boss so far
oh boy you're in for a ride in archdragon peak, actually what was the biggest problem for you with this boss? maybe i can tell you how to git gud

>gotthards
But why, they are a flat out worse version of sellswords

Oh shit, I thought that those firebombs will land a little ahead. One more try user?

When the boss teleported and appeared from just above my head. Couldn't react because I couldn't see where he went.

If I kneel at the Firelink Bonfire, I won't be start NG+, right?

>How do you feel about the Executioners GS?
It's pretty disappointing. The FP regen is completely useless. It starts out as a better strength weapon than the basic bastard sword or claymore, but if you heavy infuse them Executioners will lag behind. It's pretty long for a weapon in it's class, but even in that regard the flamberge has it beat AND has a better moveset. And that's just talking about the vanilla greatswords. Wolf Knight and Black Knight leave it in the dust.

It just doesn't do anything very well.

bwoi you never noticed that his teleports are timed? He's not gonna be gone for more than 2-3 seconds at a time. If you can count to 2 out loud, time to get rollin'

I'll be waiting at the Cliff underside bonfire.

The whole chipping off an amount of your health each time you die has just totally turned me off Dark Souls II. Sorry if that makes me a shitter.

>If I kneel at the Firelink Bonfire, I won't be start NG+, right?
no, at least not now, it's also a choice.

>Couldn't react because I couldn't see where he went.
then listen, sound queues are surprisingly useful, also learning patterns isn't that hard or maybe i just adapt too quickly
nameless king is the only boss i had trouble with and failed 10+ times and that was because i couldn't find summons so i was forced to do it alone

You get the ring of binding before fighting a single boss, usually after fighting 2 bosses for most people though, 80% max health over like 20 deaths is far more lenient than 70% max health after a single death of 3 or DeS

No, do you have TRC? You access it from where you are warped to.

""Dark"" Souls 2

''''i haven't played this one'''' souls 2

What is the quintessential Dark Souls build/weapons/armor?

>yfw shadows die twice is going to be filled with bug-dudes and fucked up cannibal rebirth shit

Oh sorry I dropped my sign at the first bonfire again.

It just left a bad taste in my mouth but I'm sure I'll try jumping in again soon, Majula is gorgeous and had really me excited for what's to come. Any other tips for someone coming fresh off a playthrough of DaS and starting DaSII?

spellsword wielding Moonlight Great Sword and a ton of destructive spells
Doing shit Forrester style

ds3 is probably fallen knight set, straight sword and grass shield

right, we haven't played that one, we only played the downgraded version
youtube.com/watch?v=59eLW1IGUCU

>TRC
Yes. Does it start at Dreg Heap?

Nice. I'll try in NG+.

Also, pic related is such a waifu material.

Aye. Godspeed user, it's kicking my ass right now and I love every moment of it.

Well, it's a lot more generous than DeS, if that any consolation. And not that I didn't enjoy it, but DaS2 has some far more aggravating mechicanics than that anyways; if that sort of thing bothers you, you probably saved yourself good deal of fustration if you quit early.

On a related note:
>Be me
>Find out that the Sinner's Sword scales with sin
>"That's acually really neat. I guess I'll make this a sin build."
Several indelible sins later:
>Oh, we we said it scales with sin, we meant that it scales INVERSELY with sin. Enjoy your 5% health and no damage.
Why the would they make it be that way? Just to make me suffer?

Dropped my sign on the dilapidated bridge bonfire, if you're still there user.

>tfw duping fucking everything

I CAN'T STOP
FRAMPT KEEPS LOOKING AT ME FUNNY FOR ROLLING AND MOVING LIKE A RETARD
BUT I CAN'T STOP

wait aren't you gonna do nameless king? or dlc if you have it? dlc gives a shitton of slabs, like it's ridiculous how many it gives, i was surprised at how many it gives

again, i will never understand how people struggle with dark souls but at least i understand it's me and not the rest of (you)
maybe it's because i choose broken ass weapons? i'm currently playing ds1 and i made a build specifically for the bk sword and it wrecks ass in the early and mid game

>tfw restarting the game again because i ignored a bunch of questlines and boss rushed 20 levels ahead of where i should be

Try to forget the mechanics of DS1 outside of basic controls for attacking/using items, a lot of the core mechanics got reworked, some in more subtle some in more obvious ways and quite a few of the changes were deliberately aimed at people expecting DS1.2. Spoilered part below for the more major changes
Level ADP until you have 86 Agility, then put levels into it occasionally until you hit 92 or 96 Agility
Explore, for the majority of the game you should have access to at least 4 different progression paths

Weapons balance in general is different, base damage accounts for far more than scaling, counter damage windows are far longer and counter damage ratings are on the weapon display
Damage types for physical basically got reworked into slashing = normal, strike = what you use when enemies are strong to slashing on STR builds, thrust = what you use when enemies are strong to slashing on a DEX build
40/40 builds are REALLY bad
Powerstancing is endgame damage for physical only builds, there is a point to going past the soft cap of 40
Weapon buffs and infusions should be stacked, STR + Faith build wants to infuse a weapon with lightning then buff with a spell that also gives lighting dmage
Softcaps are far softer, if you stop at 20 END or 20 Vig because that's the soft cap then you are in a world of suffering towards the latter half of the game
Just because you get HP for leveling up anything doesn't mean you should avoid leveling HP
Seriously don't skimp out on Vig
Enemies tend to pull in groups if bow cheesed, learn to agro them by just walking or learn to deal with group encounters
Weapon durability is an actual issue a lot of strong weapons are balanced out by having shit durability and weapons that don't do amazing amounts of damage sometimes have very good durability.
Leveling curve is different, the amount of souls that gets you to level 60 in 1 gets you to around 100-110, SL200 at the end is normal

Why was Dark Souls 2 such a piece of shit

Development troubles (big ones), and the fact that no one who was on the creative from the first game wanted anything to do with the second.

I don't even know where the Nameless King is.

I gained access to The Dreg Heap and Kiln of the First Flame. Right now, I'm trying to beat the Soul of Cinder.
I killed him once but then, he revived full hp. I don't know what do.

>place sign at pontiff
>get summoned
>there's a red in the arena
>host points at me and then points down at arena
>i point at host and then point down at arena
>host goes down and fights the other red
>dies
the absolute madman

wasn't it also rushed at some points?

OH BOY I'M GONNA TELL YOU HOW BOIII

so first you go to the castle garden, it's down, i don't remember how to get there, you go to the end, get the shadow gear and please don't die to the op dark ''not exactly trees'' people and kill oceiros, i'd say it's equally hard as lothric or slightly easier but he doesn't tp so you shouldn't have major problems, so you kill him and you progress, get the path of the dragon gesture (best sit emote) and please do everything on your first playthrough, unlike me who skipped the dlc for being to eager to ng+ you go to untended graves after that, the dark place it's the same map layout or at least similar as the first area of the game and you go to irithyll dungeon, after dis shit talk to me, if i'm not here watch a guide to how2dragonpeak

I'm trying to get an early dancer kill at sl24, PC. Would any nice user(s) be able and willing to help me?

More so that development had to be stalled and no progress could be made during that period, but yeah, same result.

Are there any other good weapons for Pyro's that aren't swords? I absolutely cannot stand the weapon archetype in video games

get a Mace.

but the weapon archetype is awesome!

Somehow no one at FROM noticed that the guy they had put in charge DaS2 had been making game that wasn't darks in the sightest until 80% of the way through production, and then the guy they brought in to replace him was forced to piece together something that actually resembled a darks souls game only using the already existing assets.

It's amazing that it turned out as well as it did, all things considered

Demon's is the third or fourth best great axe. I can personally vouch for it as well; it was tons of fun using on my pure chaos pyro build.

Gargoyle Flame Spear is arguably the best spear in the game, if you want to go that route. Ringed Knight spear could also work, but that's late game and not actually a pyro weapon; it's scaling is negligible.

You could also use Witches Locks, but I've never really found whips to fun.

god i hate undead settlement