Why Should We Fear Death?

If we just cease to exist for eternity, what does it matter anything temporary that happens before or after? Pic unrelated

>implying eternity exists
Check and mate.

What else would you call ceasing of existence? Never existing again?

Exactly. Just do whatever, man, you're free now. Not for real but at least you can think you're free even though you're not. Pretty nice.

Because we dont know what happens afterwards and lots and lots of people tell us its something horrible

That's not an ethical dilemma. Saving your gf's family is the obvious choice.

The point is to leave a big enough footprint on human history so at some point in the distant, distant future you will be brought back by whatever means available.

Do you honestly think a future mankind wouldn't revive Plato IF they had the means?

What is existence?

You are searching for things which do not exist and it's causing you mental troubles.

Eternity is an idea, it's not something which exists in the way you think it does, or at least it's not proven to.

Pic related, get cracking.

I think, therefore I am. I cease to think, therefore I am not. I do not exist

No matter how big the footprint it will always be eventually insignificant

You still have not termed existence, everything in that statement revolves around a term which is literally meaningless, thus making the expression itself, meaningless.

God, I can smell you from here.

Going by that logic, I might as well just order some slaves to build some giant monuments in my name so that the mysterious all-powerful people of the future will be interested in me. So basically what you're proposing is basic theistic mindset passed off as modern wisdom.

Because we lose all consciousness in an eternal sleep. We enter an empty void for all eternity, from which we'll never again think, see, feel, or experience anything. That's terrifying.

Sounds comforting to me.

We should not.
Fearing death is an instinct.

Death is a spook

This.

Because Our own frame of reference will be finite. Our frame ends with the end of consciousness anything after that point might as well not exist.

>implying
She gets inheritance, and since her family will never be home again you can fuck her all you want.
Also, willingly killing a person is bad.
Both Kant and Consequentialists agree on this case, checkmate.

Existence means that at a certain point in time and space, something is.
Oh don't worry, I can foresee your next question "What does it mean it "is" ?"
Buddy, if you're just going to ask questions time and time again, never ceasing because our answers don't please you this is just futile, and you prove nothing. Existence can't really be defined, or at least I can't define it. Go read Descartes (Metaphysical Meditations should have the answers to your question).
Well that's just a conjecture. Do you really think people from the future will have the possibility to revive you ? And if they did, what could YOU do that would make you worthy of reviving ? I mean, if humanity ever has that technology their mindset will likely have evolved, and your faulty logic won't hold.
basically this, no better than Pascal's bet or Roko's Basilisk.

i think there is a case to be made for non-supernatural "reincarnation". True, when "you" die, that "you" will cease to exist. However, sentience will arise in some other human, and this will be a new 'you'. You won't be the same person, or have the same memories, or any of that supernatural stuff, since this non-supernatural reincarnation is simply the awakening of mental faculty and awareness in another individual.

Stop posting that picture you dribbling scumfuck.

God would protect her.

Bruh, god would protect her soul, when it reaches heaven.

That's the part that matters.

He doesn't give a shit what happens to you on earth.

>I am certain of this, that no-one has died who was not going to die at some time, and the end of life reduces the longest life to the same condition as the shortest. When something has ceased to exist, there is no more question of better or worse, longer or shorter. What does it matter by what kind of death life is brought to an end? When man’s life is ended he does not have to die again. Among the daily chances of this life every man on earth is threatened in the same way by innumerable deaths, and it is uncertain which of them will come to him. And so the question is whether it is better to suffer one in dying or to fear them all in living