/dbfzg/ - Dragon Ball FighterZ General

(Cross-thread)
Last time on /dbfzg/:(Cross-thread)
freeza-sama edition

>DLC Pack 1 revealed:
i.imgur.com/833zlQV.jpg (embed) (embed)

>Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>PS4 and Xbox controls:
i.imgur.com/FmZtlvQ.jpg (embed) (embed)

>PC system requirements:
i.imgur.com/Qh9Ie78.jpg (embed) (embed)

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>List of hidden mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1QyuykC4D5zpnOKt_qyn20ZZzO168Az7Suu_ojD4SVWg/preview#

>How to unlock Android 21 and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta:
shoryuken.com/2018/01/23/heres-how-to-unlock-ssgss-goku-ssgss-vegeta-and-android-21-in-dragon-ball-fighterz/

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
[YouTube] [DBFZ] Optimal universal solo combo route for most chars? (No assists, no SB, midscreen) (embed)

>Numeric Notation Sheet:
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg (embed) (embed)

>Hitbox/Hurtbox info:
pastebin.com/iG5fwJMw (embed) (embed)

>Network colors (the square next to the name):
twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/959640513669349378 (embed) (embed)

>Ranks and their respective amounts of BP:
i.imgur.com/zhwN8jg.png (embed) (embed)

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vYmaCnSgqGA
youtube.com/watch?v=0Y3ka_dnkhs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

finally orange square bros

learn neutral

when?

Never.

>there will never be a base vegeta with tail and giant monkey level 3 super

:^(

there is going to be a base vegeta with tail, model leaked already

no monkey though

Can I do those 21 assist combo extensions with the vegeta assist or do I need a beam assist for the last extension?

>play ranked for the first time
>guy I play against is like 30-100
>he mashes autocombos in neutral
how has he not figured this out at all?

young and / or new

god this game is so fuckibg boring. why is cell the only fun character in this game. Literally no one else has options like him

Yo Yamchad see me in east meeting 01

>autocombo in neutral

so what?

How do i deal woth friezas bullshit as Android 16? I can never seem to find a way in

>How do i deal woth friezas bullshit as Android 16? I can never seem to find a way in
Bait his 2h and punish

Guys, what's a good pad for pc? i'm tired of my 360 controller

Vanish still only costs 1 bar, right?

I play Frieza, so I can give you some tips from my PoV.

Unlike the beam specials, none of Frieza's (non-super) projectiles can actually knock you out of your super armor. Once you get within 5H range you can really lock him down.

You can actually start your super dash in the middle of blocking Frieza's finger beam. If the Frieza player is holding S to do it instead of mashing, he can still cancel the animation with 2H, so it really will only work on inexperienced Frieza players.

Your rocket punches are actually faster than a lot of his projectiles, you can use them to interrupt his disk attack and GOTCHA~

If Frieza uses his teleport (which I've never seen another Frieza do) he's forced to do that beam at the end of it. That beam is very very punishable on block, and the only way he can save himself if it is blocked is to either use his level 3 "I'LL SHUT YOU UP FOR GOOD" or to vanish.

"Well you're an interestin- It's clear you have a death wish" isn't safe when he does the closer one. You can punish it too.

Another thing to note is that Frieza NEEDS meter to really shine. If your opponent is using him as an anchor, you should seriously consider snapping him in whenever you can to try and kill him off before your opponent builds meter.

I'm actually in the opposite boat, as Frieza I have a tough time dealing with 16 as I don't know his weaknesses. If you could give me some detailed info it'd be appreciated.

are they gonna fix this disconnected from lobby bullshit anytime soon? i literally cant play online because i may be get dced any moment

srsly fuckt his nigga

ps4 is fine

Cell and A.Gohan wrecks my ass really hard

has not happened to me that often lad
t. 150 games with a green made

Because they are gorilla mixup monsters
With assists they become absolute cancer, worse than 16 I feel

ik most people don't but some people including me keep getting fucked by this constantly and nobody has figured out why and bandai never said shit about it that i'm aware of, it's really frustrating

really feel like you need to embrace the UNGA for this game. Sonic was right point/point/point is superior, but it's not like top tiers don't have bullshit assists that can keep you locked in extra long blockstrings or eat attacks

what router brand do you have?

New Bardock scan, translation soon I hope

>Beerus doesn't get sliding knockdown on his j.H unless it's a counter blow
OOOOOH, now this all makes a lot more sense. Beerus really is bait incarnate.
>punish enemy for something
>get free 236S setup
>this forces them to do something you can punish
>repeat

Also, I'm pretty sure you can cancel his 214S with Vanish, giving you an invincible counter combo for 1 bar.

The thing about 16 though, is that he can do all of that, as well as have armor and command grabs.

With Cell and A.Gohan you can just block or stuff their normals.

>Stuff A gohan normals

>run Trunks/21/Vegeta
>replace Vegeta with Black
>winrate skyrockets
I am sorry guys. If you can't beat them, join them.

>playing against someone using gotenks, kid buu, and trunks
>Body swap his gotenks after defeating trunks
>Never touched Gotenks before, oh my god his abilities are so much fun
>start spamming dynamite kick, literally just spinning, having the time of my life
>I think my opponent was laughing his ass off too, he let me juggle him in the corner with that move for like 56 hits. it was a blue combo since the 14th hit

I gotta learn how to make webms so I can post this shit. That was the most fun I've had in a long time.

How do you prolong a super attack?

I noticed this too. I left the characters I used up until now and replace them with Black / Trunks and A Gohan.

I became orange in just one afternoon lap. You can wreak people by smashing autombos, because they have priority over everything. So just play defensive and punish at the first opportunity.

Yeah it's sad that I have to do it, since 21/Vegeta/Black are quite disconnected in terms of lore, so they just have their stock lines which is pretty boring. Also Black in the winning screen is annoying as fuck.
But having a team of 3 long range 2hs is pretty fun.

What do you mean?

You juggled him for 56 hits?

yeah a blue combo. it means he could have teched. I was just mashing the light version out in the corner.

Soon.

Cui and Guldo should drop a tier.

>Buy hori fight commander as a replacement for xbox 360 pad that died
>it's fucking tiny as hell with shit ergonomics
>lightweight and feels cheap as shit
>the root of a cord isn't strenghtened so it's bound to die from active use and moving it around

Fuck chrust, I havent had a gamepad with handles this small and shitty since sega genesis.

>spring 2018

Jesus just give us the exact release date.

It's gonna be april at the earliest.

What the fuck happened to the OP

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>lost to a blue square player with a 80/2 win lose ration with 400k BP using 16, Cell, and Vegeta
>ranked is nothing but 16, Cell, Black, Vegeta, 18 teams
I'm starting to really lose interest in this game now because of this. That and being locked down by these long guard strings only because Arcs forgot to add a Pushblock mechanic. Guilty Gear has a ton of defensive mechanics but DBFZ has almost none.

Is this game ever gonna get crossplay, I want to get it but I don't have a console and it seems like the PC community is already dead (maybe I'm wrong). Not even top 100 current players on steam. Is it worth getting on PC without crossplay?

Don't pretend like you're good at GG. Doubt you even play it. Go blog and cry somewhere else.

use z-reflect or quick switch
>crossplay
Probably not.
>PC ded
Not really.
>worth getting on PC
Depends on if you're a masochist or a DBZ fan.

Crossplay will never happen. Blame Sony and Microsoft.
I'm guessing this is your first fighting game. This is the most alive fighting game on the market right now by far and that won't change any time soon, certainly not before EVO.

>Not even top 100 current players on steam. Is it worth getting on PC without crossplay?
And here's how I know you don't play fighting games. It's a really niche genre with an unforgiving skill ceiling. It's never going to have the same numbers as brain dead shooters like TF2 or Player's Battleground. 5k players for a fighting game is more than healthy.

>Guilty Gear has a ton of defensive mechanics but DBFZ has almost none.
I disagree with the rest of this post but this is kind of true. Not just in terms of the relatively simple game mechanics; GG has a better story mode, a better training mode, better netcode, better graphics, a better lobby system, and just more features overall.

I don't know if it has to do with Bandai Namco being the publisher but FighterZ honestly seems rushed compared to everything else Arcsys has put out in the past half decade or so. Basic features that should be there just aren't. I wouldn't be surprised at all if a whistleblower revealed this game was meant to be a half-hearted cashgrab off the DBZ name alone and that they were surprised it was so successful.

>not learning the matchups so well that you can effortlessly stomp them
>not using reflect
Also for that matter, welcome to every fighting game ever. Everyone plays more or less the same small group of characters. At least if you play something different you'll have a consistent buffer of people not understanding the matchup.

t.saibamen shitter

I have 510 k BP and I only want the achievement. After that I'm playing nothing but casual and ring matches. They are much more enjoyable. I run into nothing but oranges and pinks with different teams vs nothing but 16,black,Vegeta teams on ranked. I barely see Cell and 18 because those take some what of brain power to use. But you know you could just get good. Vegeta teams are easy as fuck to destroy. I snapback Vegeta in as soon as I get the first confirm with 1 bar and start the exposing. You kill the vegeta and the team will follow.

>tfw just started using Cell and I want to switch to the jap dub just to hear his battle crys

Did any of you use Hori Fighting Stick Mini?
Would it be good starting stick for a nooblet?

Fix that link for the future op. And clean the rest of it up too.
>Semi-universal combo route:
youtube.com/watch?v=vYmaCnSgqGA

Either don't get a stick or get a real stick. I'd say to just not get one.

Is there a way to defend yourself from the double dragon rush? The first one BTFO your chara, the second is done immediately afterwards with the character that replaces him.
It's really unfair, but maybe it's because I have not figured out yet what to do.

It is real. It's just... mini.

It loses out or gets tech by a Light. If you just hold back in the air you are going to get grabbed.

how

yea, youre wrong. the pc community is massive (for a fighting game). highest its ever been in any fighting game on pc. and more than enough to sustain solid matching for a year. with all the big updates and dlc coming? i even expect it to rise now that the online has been fixed. crossplay is always welcome though.

didn't they patch that

Wow. Epic retort. Lovin the asspull because youre mad as fuck

still works, and there have been times I'm sure I pressed L to counter it, at least not to get caught, but it was useless. If they do it in the corner, the time available for react is pretty short. Players are always the worst.

>complaining about not being able to play defense
>but he is the saibaman

Why not just mash L?

Beerus is the most fun character in the game.

t.nigger

BASED youtube.com/watch?v=0Y3ka_dnkhs

I can't do bomb loops, bros.

That looks awful IMHO

the most boring stage in existence

RoSaT when?

You are correct. I wish even a 3rd of the cast was as interesting.

It's not so easy with a pad.

THIS IS THE STANCE

I'm not satisfied with his projectile game. Losing them on block and not having them stop a super rush unlike every other command projectile in the game is really frustrating. The oki with them isn't even that good.

>projectile game
You just don't understand them

and your mother is a whore

Yep, he's extremely hard to use.
He has bad normals and orb have low priority.
At high levels you have to be way better than your opponent.

>Mr. Satan in the same class as fucking roshi who can bust out a kamehameha
nigga what?

>He has bad normals
So frustrating. He literally has no way yo beat someone straight up in a fist fight.

There's nothing to understand. Half his kit is exclusively for putting pressure on knockdown and you will get punished hard if you think of using it for anything else. He has one gimmick where he combos off his own overhead off a very specific corner setup with an orb. That's it. Honestly, his 2M slide is his only redeeming feature.

Still running him point though.

That doesn't make him hard to use, that makes him shit.

It's a different way to play. With Black Goku you can smash autocombos like a child and feel strong because you have all the frame advantages. With Beerus you have to be tactical, never, NEVER try to punish someone on the ground. You must use the Orbs to distract and confuse the enemy and insert your 2m in opening moment. If the opponent is all the time in low defense, this also goes to his disadvantage, if instead he jumps all the time, he's still limited and in that case you have the advantage of J.2H. if the player knows what he is doing, Beerus is good enough.

Anyone wanna play on PC? I'm download region set up in US but I'm actually EU so I'm down with whoever.

>tfw just now realized getting hit by Android 16's self-destruct super also gives you full meter if it hits.

>Being winning games all day
>Still blue square
How does this shit work.

It looks like the shitty Xenoverse 2 version.

Are you playing other blues?

Yellows and greens

In the meantime, I would like to know how you managed to become blue. Ring battles?

And losing a lot of rankeds the first week.

>Aniki is gone
I have no choice but to play big body characters in memory of him

Ranking should not affect the square.

>can't even break 4k from an overhead for a combo that usually does 6.5k

what kind of retarded damage scaling is this