mega.nz/#F!1o8FTbAL!-lVNu5ReRDTcksRfHIxBHA

>NEW PLAYER GUIDE
i.imgur.com/K9rvfa4.jpg

>ARCHIVED THREADS (RIP ARCHIVE.MOE)
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/mgg/type/op/

>STEAM GROUP
steamcommunity.com/groups/metalgeargeneral

>/mgg/ ONEDRIVE FOLDER
onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=65254E4C501EDAEF!4116&authkey=!AMDti9C9NNjfhT8&ithint=folder,xlsx

>LISTS, GUIDES, DOWNLOADS AND OTHER STUFF
pastebin.com/qM3XwMce

>MGS2 SUBSTANCE NOVEL - NEEDS TRANSLATION
mega.nz/#!Y08iFCBa!Z3j3Tco4vE14mwwVJTQbch9Zo4SvZRXO1ntjEjn1JRc

>MGSV NOVEL - PARTIALLY TRANSLATED
mega.nz/#!U1NFzAII!4nuhjrIo8arMdb2Ref4dWRB-4CZ86Sp9QY1sYDnhVfM

>TIMELINE AND EPILOGUES:
pastebin.com/3m93ExcY
>CHAPTER 1:
pastebin.com/frkkvef3
>CHAPTER 2:
pastebin.com/7YMg9Gia

>KOJIMA'S THOUGHTS ABOUT THE NOVELIZATION
pastebin.com/JVZZxW1D

>QTS FARMING
i.imgur.com/19a5fFK.jpg

>Weapons and stuff
unknown321.github.io/mgsmonsterguns

Previous Thread:

Behead those who insult Virgil

First for Paz did nothing wrong

are the containers in the second base any better. They're certainly closer together but getting to the things sucks a shit ton more.

>tfw i didn't get a screenshot of the fistbump
virgil best girl, best pod

>do a 3 man
>try out some new shit I've thought of that involve flamepads and oil pads
>cause a lot of comical fuckups but it works out in the end

Goodness what a ride.

Why did it take eight years to make an AI pod that's bearable?
hate that stupid nip

I was wondering whether MGSurvive is welcome in MGSG threads.
I'm thinking of getting this.
What are the first things to get when you start new game? I heard having shotgun is a must. What else and where, so I don't miss it.
I love taking my time exploring every possible spot before moving on with story missions. Is it possible to just stumble on some teleport with a cutscene and progress story without wanting to?

Don't worry too much about getting this and that, your main focus is to survive through the main campaign, and you'll eventually get everything you need.
If you feel you're short on weaponry and you're over LV25, come do co-op with us

it's probably better to just jam through the story as fast as possible for the ability to make clean water
you probably won't miss things since containers have big glowy lights on them that are visible through the fog
you won't 'accidentally' progress the story, everything is clearly marked and easy to avoid

You don't get shotgun until 2nd map, don't worry about it. Just do the story missions as fast as possible to get the cookpot before you starve. Then you can do whatever you like with no pressure.

All story missions are marked on map, you won't run across them on accident.

Nah, it's always clearly indicated what you need to to progress the story and it's hardly ever something you could do by accident. However some unlocks are tied to story progress, so you don't wanna completely ignore it.

*BRAA BRABRA BRAAP*
Ketchup weighting hah?
*BRAA BRABRA BRAAP*
*BRAAAA BRABRA BRAAAAP*

how do I kick people from my base?
I got like 6+ distress calls in a row, I'm at 28/22 staff, can't build more beds because fo the retarded limitations
everyone's depressed and they're eating all my food

How are we not talking about the very fact that Chapter 3 is just around the corner? Steam nuke count is extremely low right now and it's legit

>Get this just as I went out character customization
>Extract it
>Lost box found
W-what?

send them out on suicide resource missions.

So, legit question, what do we do after the story is complete?
Replay story missions on harder difficulties?

You can send people on exploration team missions, they don't take beds or resources while they are gone.

No, open containers for better gear, explore what we missed on the maps, find boxes for nameplates and music, do base digs for cool base buildings, fight huge monsters like it's post-apoc Monster Hunter, and play co-op salvage missions.

Explore the rest of the maps and do coop basically

>level 20 scout
time to level assault

SNATCHER music tapes at this location

Either dying or selecting it from the pause menu lets you Dark Souls style respawn at base, leaving your stuff in a box.
It's actually really handy because anything you killed stays dead and unlike in co-op you send it directly to base instead of encumbering yourself with a ton of stuff.
If you were to e.g. raid the mansion for materials, you could load yourself down to 160+% and then use the pause menu to lost-box-it and run right back at full speed to fulton it, while getting more supplies.

Anyone knows if there is a ocelot nameplate?

If you're thinking of getting this, we've just gone through quite a few things like "sorry we fucked up have a premium boost" and some login bonus coins, now you may as well wait until the 12th and see what the content update brings because after two days playing the singleplayer you wind up having played just about everything in it.
It's kinda painfully obvious the game isn't finished yet because unlike e.g. PW where you can just keep building up your motherbase, here we're limited because what we have access to is technically in the game but doesn't drop/appear anywhere, like the highest level rarity stuff or certain rarity buildings.

I'm so fucked up.

where's the slingshot recipe?

Do the right thing next time, user.

So captains that chose to do that, will they not turn into a Wanderer soon? Given that the lord of dust is not defeated by that bunch of literal whos

So treat story as a kind of tutorial?

pretty much, at least the first 8 or so missions

>literal whos
desu jokes aside i ended up liking the cast a lot more than i thought i would by the end.

They grow on you, for sure.

A lot like insidious nanomachine infections

If you wait long enough, you can hear Dusty roar. He followed you through the wormhole you jumped up because the Captain was an impatient retard.

how tough is Squilliam? is he more of an ammo sink than the other boss?

I grew the fondest of Broeeve.

But I did!
Be sure to fistbump your local AI Pod, fellas.

I don't know. I slowly beat him to death with a hammer while he did 10 or no damage per attack to me.

man fox walk is stupidly OP

>guy literally jerking off in a watchtower killing nothing
>Another medic retard pretending to be a scout even though I cleaned the fucking map
>neither of those 2 speeding up the drill or building defenses
Thank god for withdrawing at the 2nd wave, I won't deal with those shitters, I don't know if the autistic guy on the watchtower did it on pourpose the withdraw but holy shit I rused to vote yes
You are bascially a shadow unless someone sees you and even so if you run away a bit since you don't make any sound they can't keep track with you, grabbers also turn useless

Everything including medics has one perk that's outrageously broken.

>they're falling out of the trees
crawlers will get me every fucking time

Crawlers on the trees and grabbers on the floor, sure you will love that part don't you?

Whats medics? Shoulder tackle is definitely the most fun

the perk is a must have for melee since it allows you to get close without getting piledrived into nextweek

Can you cqc trackers or not?

Yes. You just need some good timing. They'll fall like everyone else, but they get up quick and will attack as they're getting up.

If you can't double reflect with avenger and reflect perk, spartan boost makes you almost as strong as an assault
Assaults get to either one shot things with shit weapons or become unkillable with either style
Jaegers get triple shot arrows that consume only one arrows which is absolutely hilarious with RPAs or grenade arrows.
Scouts are scouts. There's two ways to play that, most people just run around with stealth and that's damn good too.

>not back stabbing them mid combat as you shot wanderers.

i know its not that easy but come on..

I was hoping it'd be a more jokey ending and you'd get tranq'ed from off screen and then Venom would come in and Fulton you back home.
There were a bunch of missions where you'd have to capture survivors from the MB attack.

Oh holy shit I hadn't thought of this. This is brilliant.

Fuck the mansion. On one hand I like the idea of something being so inaccessible when everything else is in pretty close reach of a wormhole, but christ Africa is such a hellhole to navigate.

>large water purification
>73 titanium alloy

Are you fucking serious? This thing better singlehandedly supply my entire camp with water, I swear. Also, fuck base defenses. They just take up valuable space and do nothing half the time. Imma delete them all and just rely on the shit I can carry.

Backstabbing is the cowards way, I want to make boss proud with my cqc skills

i liked the part where he just used mil handsignals to tell the captain something in a cutscene, it was a neat touch

Anyone know what's constant across characters? I know they share base resources and the repository. Do they share recipes? What about Kuban?

Fug I tried to climb the destroyed DD motherbase back uo when the LoD opens the portal the past to try and go there but just one bit before the top you can't get up further.
There is even a hole in the ground to stop you from progressing, made it past that but you still can't get up

if CQC could neutralize them zambonies than yeah, for sure.
But it cant

>Jaegers get triple shot arrows that consume only one arrows which is absolutely hilarious with RPAs or grenade arrows.
>consume only one arrow
dude what

There is a crack you can climb

Just cqc them into shit then curpstomp them, the way god intended

Can someone post the full map of the game?

Wait there really IS a third ending then?

Does it not? I was told it does. Or maybe it's the arrow rain I'm thinking of

Wut, I completely missed that. Does the ending change? I mean, this is not nearly as bad as the other ending where you fuck off. It's still a dick move but Reeve can easily operate the railgun too and its all that is left to do

Virgil best metal gear then?
You get RASP in first map though?
Explore your surrounding area, mark places where Empty Bottles are, Water Sources are and Food. you get RASP after you get your first handgun from a container. Slap it on your Side Arms. Some teleporters are story required, so you can activate them when they're highlighted FIRST before you proceed to the main mission. It makes your life easier.
Nah, lord of dust opens a portal to a post MGS4/MGRR world and begins its cycle there.
After all, Chris gets sent back to 1943; you to 1980s, 9 years after the XOF attack on MSF base.

>Dust Mutations
>*Klk-ker-clack*
>Entry 32... Goodluck here.
>While investigating the deeper stretches of Dite, Charon Exploration Teams Alpha and Theta came across an interesting variation in the Wanderer legions that make up the Dust.
>It would seem select Wanderers are undergoing physical transformations unlike any other.
>Normally, a Wanderer is slow, stupid. Sluggish to act, while attacking in packs, but never intentionally, with their sharp nails or scraping with their lower jaw if too close.
>Yet, this sample they brought back is drastically different from other Wanderer bodies.
>The first thing I noticed is that its musculature is leaner. Packed. As if a bodybuilder had suddenly decided to start gross athleticism training.
>But the skin is stretched thin in some places, namely where crystalline deposits sprout from major joints
>This isn't an uncommon feature, but its far more pronounced.
>That's isn't even the weirdest feature however.
>What is the strangest, are its legs.
>Autopsy and X-ray imaging show gross muscle development within its lower body, as well as having seemingly lost its feet entirely, replaced with hard, shell like stumps.
>We tried taking a sledgehammer, and then a laser cutter, to see what was underneath, but it was just a misshapen black mass that eventually turned to dust.
>Charon has taken to calling these things "Trackers" as it would seem they are especially adept at navigating the murky wasteland.
>One even tried to escape.
>I was told he died tired.
>This is both a fascinating, and troubling development. Not unlike mutamycete parasites feasting on a host and adapting to its environment.
>So too, did a Wanderer compensate for its prey trying to escape.
>*click*

Anyone know if boss monsters respawn after you defeat them in MGS?, kinda boned if they dont and i dont really wanna run another character to half way through the game just to get an achievement :/

Oh neat you can get legendary cases from container quests

There's an achievement for surviving 140 days straight though, if you do this it will reset back to 0, if you care about that stuff.

>mfw just realized some outfits let you carry extra ammo

they take 10hours to respawn.
Oh?
Leg armor for those sweet shotgun rounds.

Yep, second map only it seems

Your Sure they respawn after you kill them?

>finish all base drills
>swap my fenceless 50 trap defense for a barbed wire fence perimeter
>uses the same amount of room but lowers my defense from 15k to 4k

so this is the price of aesthetics

If you aren't going to do any more base defenses, does it matter?

>spiders, bomber, chest
Not today game

well i slept a bunch of ingame days, and it seems like after killing them they dont respawn, regardless of how much time passes

Is there another base expansion? or is lvl 2 the max?

after you finish them all re-doing them gives you the crew manuals, i'm just repeating the first one right now

2 is the max is the game currently, 3+ is probably going to either come in the march update or further down the line when they unlock hard base drills

Opening a portal to post revengance: Long ago in a distant land,I the dread dust, master of nanomachines, unleashed an unspeakable evil! But a foolish cyborg wielding a high frequency sword Stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow was struck I tore open a wormhole in time, and flung him into the future, where my dust encompasses all! Now the fool seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Dust! Gotta get back back to the past samurai jack

You jump pretty good.

I feel like calling the Africa base "FOB" kinda opens the possibility of more FOBs with new areas being added as DLC in the future, don't you agree?

>camp omega
>okb zero
>the oil refinery
>the large base Huey was at
...wow there weren't a whole lot of memorable or good locations in TPP now that I think about it.

10hours real life.
Wait for content updates.
This game is Yuji Korekado's kid. Along with Revengance; and his boner for Revengance shows in interviews. Give him a few months, and he'll add in the weapons we all deserve.
High Frequency Muramasa

Yeah it's been days for me. They haven't respawned.

Am I the only one who thinks Fox Engine in MG:Survive looks like crap compared to Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain?

I bought Survive expecting a shovelware shitshow but I was ready to forgive all its sins only to mess around with the awesome Fox Engine again but... while graphics are crystal clear in GZ and TPP in Survive are kinda blurry and monochromatic... I dont know how to explain it but they dont look the same to me

WTF Konami you just had one job to sell this game !?!?!?

Is there any time I need to have built some basic base camp defenses by?

I've done that first story base defense but it was super easy anywhere. Right now the only defense I have is the debris and little fences that were preexisting

huh. complete a few side ops until they show up then.

do you guys think they will add outfits to the survive shop this month?

The game is actually requries to have a better nvidia card than the two games. Its using particle effects like mad too.
As for bleakness, its postapocalyptic feel/musky and whatnot.
You have a 2nd time where you gotta build your base defenses to a score. As for me, i just put auto turrets everywhere.

they're probably gonna add the first event so you can start farming BP for cosmetics

Everyone is going to stop playing by the time they get around to adding battle point events and Rescue missions

Hurry the fuck up

Does DEX actually make the bow finish the full draw faster or what?

Dlc when

Actually I have all the games on PS4 and in fact Survive looks better when Im into the fog in the dust covered areas... but when Im in the open clear sky zones is when I notice this graphic blurry downgrade

I still think Konami has fucked the Fox Engine in Survive somehow

So can you actually get purples out of washed up crates?

10 more days
allows you that critical hit faster.