Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/fQsNafrk
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.
Suggested Changes: piratepad.net/YwogqyaUro

>Useful Links
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Recently Released
Beat Valkyrie Ixseal - sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2332124
Steve[Monster] SR Mod - mega.nz/#!JEwnzLZK!8k3-9LiPXVwG2znwHRLtTOCUaour_fXhQfqUit0IP8g
DARKNESSHERO SR Rance Mod - mega.nz/#F!VloWzD6B!trEkYLMKASDXIYsGdLa8jw

Rance X
sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2441678
Hook Code
/HSN30:0@00614875:
Gameplay Explanation:
mega.nz/#!n9RjzQ5Q!YXmlYiuxNnaHvHui3YJIzK_4Fju2KSc9ByjJBQbVfEc
VNR Guide:
mega.nz/#!appSkIDK!-UF7M0_T-QHBQd4ibErlIjJZuChdDp-qpmZXWSlVaj0
Cards List:
pastebin.com/RrThBVcH
Portraits:
mega.nz/#!Xg5SSZLa!T96Dow70AVz-7-hev83wor-FYJR7QWHFvAwMhDETwT8

>Upcoming Games
English
Evenicle (English) - Likely Early 2018
Sengoku Rance (English) - After Evenicle
Rance Quest Magnum (English) - Likely 2019
mangagamer.org/rance/

Japanese
RPG 3- by the Evenicle team (New IP)
Dohna Dohna - by the Rance 03 Team (New IP)
Loli MILF Nukige - by the MILF nukige team
'Heartwarming' VN - by the Atlach Nacha writer

Haniwa Development Studio:
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/cat_92268.html

Remember to use spoiler tags when discussing untranslated games.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qvzCmV3_12c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder - if you didn't see it happen, it didn't happen

Anybody ripped them sprites yet?

Anons, how do I get Shariela? (the starfish girl)

While investigating Shangri-La I encounter her, do the H-scene and the chest afterwards doesn't have her, finish quest doesn't give her card either. What am I missing? Here's a screen of what chest gives after H-scene.

Oh god fucking damn it

You don't get her until near the very end of the game in certain A-endings. She's too strong.

GRAB THE STATUE

Rance didn't manage fuck Sakura in the end. Her third ticket scene simply has her going on a date with Rance and holding hands with him. They didn't quite get anywhere after that though, because a jealous Pastel soon casted Morurun on him and dragged Sakura away.

He did come close to being able to do so in the scene for the naked version of her card, but didn't have enough time as she had to leave.

Gotcha, thanks.

And even her sisters have better relationship with Rance than Teru

It does help to reinforce the notion that being a "fated" girl doesn't mean much.

Pastel's jealousy can be annoying sometimes

Pastel is a cute tsundere.

Shut the fuck up, Rance, I'll ban you.

Does Poron's harem get mentioned in his ticket events? Did he finally fucked then all? And does Rance plan to kill him once he finds he has a harem

>Shut the fuck up, Rance, I'll Morurun you.

the fated are probably the ones that had children with him before he turned DK, besides sill

>Pigu

She doesn't even breed that way

WHO THE FUCK IS THE FREE CITY TRAITOR? TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT USING MTL IS LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE

I only got his first ticket event. Pitten introduces him to Rance, Rance tries to kick him but he effortlessly dodges.

Negro you literally see him in the bad end

The religious, serious looking guy. He's in the first row.

>the absolute state of /haniho/

Look at it this way. Out of the first three choices, why would Eleanor or Copa betray Rance and not the shifty looking guy who Rance already doesn't like?

STRONK
T
R
O
N
K

It's pretty fucking obvious who it is

>Alicesoft created flags in Arc 2 for stuff like whether or not Feb got with Maria or you beat Masuzoe in Arc 1
>Not for stuff like which Dark Lords you actually recruited
jesus christ

It would've make sense if only those 3 characters were involved. But we have 9 characters.

It's not about betraying Rance, it's about betraying humanity and dooming everyone into becoming slaves

The second and third choices don't matter. Only the first one does.

Because the optional shit don't matter to the canon, it's that simple

Then don't waste time even making it optional, use that time to actually develop other shit instead of irrelevant non-canon trash

>user brings up optional stuff that matters enough to be addressed in part 2
>optional shit doesn't matter
Wow, user.

>Wah I hate fun things that I don't like
>Why don't they make fun things that I like

That's what I meant. The fated girl list user posted (if true) is more like the girl-with-Rance's -child list than the actual fated girl list.

W-what choose?

>Fun shit
Yeah it's real fun when Arc 2 doesn't even resemble the playthrough you just did even though it was unlocked by it

Uruza

Your waifu, Rorexu-chan.

Arc 2 can be unlocked through multiple playthroughs.

Why not Senhime?

Miki was supposed to stay pure! D-Delete those scenes!

Which Majin lives or dies is super important to establish canonically. Whether Masuzoe gets defeated now or 15 years before doesn't ultimately matter since he still becomes a blood soul that retains Majin powers post Maou world.

Serious Question
Now that this theory has been confirmed true.
Rance fucking Nagi and Shizuka is incest or not?

Whoever you want fuck are you gonna ask every single fucking chest.

And yet you can unlock it through one

I think the reason a lot of people here are being salty about Part 2 is that its strength lies in the writing quality, with all the new characters introduced being enjoyable to learn about (given who they are) and the actual quest being entertaining. If all you do is skip through the text (or LOL try machine translating it) then yeah it's gonna seem lame. In reality, the fact that there's twenty-some hours of extra, quality content that was completely unadvertised is amazing.

I won't recognize a pigfucker as my President, couldn't she go after Ivory Bambaras at least? Those guys are among the more powerful physical fighters among Monsters and can even cast basic attack spells. But noooooooooo, it's oink-oink time!

This god damn throwback to Rance 1 thank you Alicesoft.

Basically goes how I imagined it.

If there's a scene where Rance discovers Poron's harem and tries to make a move on them, resulting in him beating Rance up, it would be perfect.

>It's nonsense because Quelplan didn't recognize Rance when she saw him in 10.
> She nearly killed him, even. If she were sill they would know each other. And most importantly, Sill was introduced as a character loooooong before Quelplan was even though of. Would make no sense for them to retroactively change a character that's been there since the beginning.

Like I said it's probably time travel, similar to Ludo reincarnating as Ale, which was born 2 years before Crook met with the Whale. Also the game already established that Quelplan has time-manipulation powers back when she rewinded time after she had sex with Rance.

Sill is probably future Quelplan with her memories sealed that reincarnated in the past like Ludo reincarnating into Ale.

Also Sill Plain and Quelplan has similar sounding name especially if you spell them in katakana.
シィル・プライン
クエル・プラン

If it's true it would be terrible if Rance learned it. Since he isn't well with abortion

Yeah I suspect the vocal ones being upset about it MTL'd through it since the writing in it was amazing

By "matters enough" I meant "matters to Alicesoft to include while skipping on the other stuff". And what about other Demons? Do they have something happen to their Blood Souls if they die?

fated girls was probably just to justify the fact some girls feel in love with rance after all, like kanami and shizuka, that hated him prior VI, after that it was most to get item and have a special status, perhaps its more about the people he had important children, like the system determined that should be born

Tips to beat him?

The characters I care about were not featured heavily in part 2, that's why I don't like it

It's your 13th birthday when you set out on your adventure as Ale.

youtube.com/watch?v=qvzCmV3_12c

But the whole thing is about passing on the torch to a future generation... on the surface, anyway.. Older characters not showing up is basically the point. Disliking something because it's not what you want, rather than for its own strengths and weakness, is pretty childish.

No Kanami in part 2
Always remember

There are several requirements to unlock Act 2, but you don't need to do them all in one game.

- A rank (any) ending and defeat Kaybliss. (you get this automatically in any A ending)
- A rank (any) ending and Crook still has her pope wish unused
- A rank (any) ending with Hornet rescued
- A rank (any) ending where you meet Soul Admin Queplan
- A rank (any) ending with all 4 cities unconquered. Remember than only the Land route ending need all Majin and Grand Monster Generals dead. Sea ending doesn't need it.
- A rank (any) ending where Warg does... things to Miki
- A rank (any) ending where you go the Kaybnyan route instead of the Doll route in Shangrilla. (I think doing so prevents you from getting the super useful Doll card against Kaybliss)

depend what you think incest is, from what people said shizuka spoke, only a bit of his DNA was shared with them, at most i think they could be called distant relatives or at most the lvl of cousins, but nowhere near father and child

If you're doing the normal route, last encounter just have Kouhime in party and he won't use any special skills.

For a challenge you can use Ran's sleep and have buff/add removers.

>- A rank (any) ending where Warg does... things to Miki
False
>- A rank (any) ending where you go the Kaybnyan route instead of the Doll route in Shangrilla.
False

The requirements are listed on the achievements screens and those two are not there and are not necessary.

>- A rank (any) ending where Warg does... things to Miki
>- A rank (any) ending where you go the Kaybnyan route instead of the Doll route in Shangrilla. (I think doing so prevents you from getting the super useful Doll card against Kaybliss)

???????????? This is straight up not true, where do you people get this misinformation

But Rance keeps having sex while the new characters don't. Passing the torch analogy doesn't work.

Stop lying. The game never gave an age for Ale.

Sex scenes don't have anything to do with passing the torch. The younger generation aren't lechers like Rance so they don't have sex.

>Older characters not showing up is basically the point
I mean Hornet and Silky showed up and did nothing basically, Kenshin appeared in a CG and that's it, Isoroku is AWOL despite us getting to see Rangi.
I get that it's supposed to be a story about the next generation but it's hard for me to care about that when I didn't even get closure for the characters in the first generation that I was actually invested in seeing what had happened to them especially when you just spring a 15 year time-skip on the player.

How do I prevent kidnapping Miki\stopping kaybilis from becoming 魔王?

At least some RA0-RA15 events should be playable

Incest doesn't care about how much DNA is shared.

It's a cliche JRPG adventure, you naturally start at 13. And you can estimate his age by which characters refer to him as their younger brother/sister.
They're not important to the intent of the second part.

This is an H-game, the fact that in the 10-15 hours of gameplay of Arc 2 you only get two h-scenes that are both 3P shit with the same two girls is a joke.

It does. Every culture has his specific about what is incest and what isn't.
Some are really restrictive with any blood related is incest while others consider close cousin are ok.

No, it does. In eroge it's usually the protag who gets to have most sex. Guess who gets to have sex in Part 2? The protag.

>Imagine being DK Rance
>Have only like 4 DLs around him
>Fuck I haven't had sex today shit shit where is Reset
>Snapped for one sec, declaring war on human
>DK Blood Authority.jpg
>Human get destroyed so bad and so quick Rick is in LZ and is now fucking disabled
>Welp.jpg
How can they be so imcompetent after that great war in arc 1

The first generation characters (mostly) got closure in the first part. As much closure is as possible when dealing with ongoing lives, anyway.

For a finale there's a lack of brutal rape for some reason in the bad endings

It's an RPG. Just because it has sex in it doesn't mean a part is bad unless they fill it with sex. They had a vision and they fulfilled that vision well, the lack of sex has nothing to do with it.

Rance isn't in their side this time.
Also, it's normal humanity can't do shit against the demons.

dango his ass, from what i heard it stops his skill that changes leaders and helps reduce his life with poison

some people wanted to know what happens with the chars they like, its normal to think arc2 is lacking if they don't appear, and some major chars don't appear, like kanami

them its not incest at all, he is not their father, its just a part of his child is in them, that didn't make them his children, at most you could say they killed his child and absorved some of his characteristics

魔王探索 phase 2 quest turn 4, 5 or 6 latest.

Not really. Most ticket events or the naked portrait scene just end with "And then they had sex" or "Insert witty comment/hammer by Rance or Chaos". That's not closure at all.

Those taboos existed way before people knew what DNA is.

X Magnum When

Oh! that's what you meant. My bad.

I'm talking about the actual plot. The major characters got a fair amount of closure. And like I said, their lives are ongoing. Things keep happening. What do you want? Every single character in the game to get a 50 year flash forward to show them dying of old age in a log cabin?

Not like it's canon

>it doesn't mean a part is bad unless they fill it with sex.
Agreed but when you combine that with stuff like "Hey 90% of the characters I actually care about aren't even in Part 2" and "Oh, and I'll never know what happened to them or get any closure because not only do they not appear, but they're also not even mentioned nor do we get epilogue snips like Quest to give us any context as to what happened to them" then yeah stuff like "Part 2 barely has any H" becomes more problematic.

They get closure in the main game. Seriously, did you guys even read the game? Are you seriously asking for everyone to get log cabin endings?

But my point is that part 2 is still about Rance, who is from the older generation, but somehow doesn't count for a torch passer as he should according to your analogy which makes your analogy wrong as the part 2 isn't about passing the torch even on the surface.

No, it's about the protagonist. Everything is about the protagonist. Rance bursts in to have sex twice, but that doesn't make part 2 about him. Did you even read it?

>Main characters got a fair amount of closure
Wow you mean the 8-12 characters who were actually lucky enough to also appear in Arc 2 or be heavily featured in the extermination/retake missions? Shocker.

They have Arms with Nikkou, Nikkou can also have sex with Rolex/Rick/British/any decent swordman if they need to.
Rance only have Satella, Hornet, Rizna, maybe Silky and the lesbian twin around him, most of the monster army already got rekt since arc 1 and Rance don't have any reason to reinforce them so they don't even have that many troops

Just put more HCGs and the rest of the mothers of Rance's Kids in part 2 that X gets 100x better

Seems pretty consistent considering the history of humanity on the Continent.

>Nighcisa wages war on humanity, almost exterminates them.
>Gele wages war on humanity, enslaves them for 1000 years with 0 resistance.
>Humanity wages war on Gi, can't even push into the Monster Realm. Stalemates until Rune goes nuts.