Gamescom '17 Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=_6veBz299dw

AC7 Info:
pastebin.com/SWN1R7tj

AC:I:

Closure on March 31st.
playstationlifestyle.net/2017/12/08/ace-combat-infinity-will-closed-march-2018/

>
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eP07-JbjTjXkD5nQlNkC0I8WidP_AXD1K4S9jESx-Jk/edit?usp=sharing

In other news:
Project Wingman: rb-d2.tumblr.com/
Open Horizon: zxstudio.org/blog/author/razgriz/
Razgriz Patch Guy: strangerealpatches.storenvy.com/
RPG Logs: pastebin.com/m7WgAifw
Old OP: pastebin.com/whkD5Wmh

Reminder to draw for the collage! Draw your planefu, put effort into it, and it will be added right in!
imgur.com/a/ghjcI
The only rules are:
>not being good at drawing is not an excuse if Warcrimes' submission made the cut, yours will too
>it must be black and white, no shading
>it must fly from left to right
>you MUST have fun while drawing. It's the most important part!
Don't be afraid to ask for help. We'll always offer some advice if you need it.

Because it bears repeating:
>HD Collection never (ever).
>Don't let it die, buddy.
>No release date yet.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rKTUAESacQM
youtube.com/watch?v=xhmYHHpn9_4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=svVaEWQaoSo
youtube.com/watch?v=y0rxpQI0ZbY
youtube.com/watch?v=5WxRyYBKFtc
youtube.com/watch?v=FmM0GYyx5QQ
youtube.com/watch?v=txjJ4Z7zSkk
pastebin.com/52KmEMLD
youtube.com/watch?v=7LuSP4QaXiQ
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=RRNbcPS3A9c
youtube.com/watch?v=4X9F0f1D8iw
parfaite.org/silhouet-en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>>not being good at drawing is not an excuse if Warcrimes' submission made the cut, yours will too
gg

>tfw my mom mentions she likes Puddle of Mudd
I wonder if I can get her to try an AC game.

The part about warcrimes was supposed to be spoilered, not sure what happened with that

>tfw Aniki died in a car crash
F

>And here I stand once more, facing my archnemesis
>It was breathing smoke and it's shape was hazy, changing, disgustingly alive
>"So what will it be?" it asked.
>"The right wing, huh? Heh heh, yes, that shall be fun"
>I knew I had to face it
>I get up
>Gather all my strength
>And let out my valiant warcry
"PERSPECTIVE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

Still fun as hek to draw tho
Also let me know whether the rivets are yay or nay. >tfw I did little pft-tch noises every time I drew one.

If this is addressing a real-life tragedy for you and not a joke, you have my deepest sympathies. Did you just find out today?

You and me both, I've been messing with that F-14 for at least two hours now and everything looks bent.
>Drawing
Looks pretty good and rivets are nice too.
Guns are in the top wings though and the stabs are missing. Nose guns make infinitely more sense though, but it looks less like an X-Wing with them.

>Vert Stabs are missing
Wait, where are they located normally? I honestly didn't know there were some.
>Guns in wrong position
I was happy to just get away from the fucking wings and their alignment. Out of sight out of mind and all that

Lower wing, hanging down, right where it bends.
>guns
I know, they are hard to draw properly on this particular plane.

>Look at model again
Oh shit, yeah they're right there

Also Crimson Skies aircraft always have these huge ass cannons, which is funky, but also annoying to draw.

Nah, man. It's about that guy from gachi parodies - Billy Herrington. He was given that nickname - "Aniki". I just laughed my ass of everytime I found vidya-related one. It's just sad to see someone who made you chuckle from time to time die in a car crash.

Welp, I probably look like a dumbass now. Still, didn't know he died. That's a shame.

Yeah, the barrels could be a lot smaller, on the Devestator it's .50 and .30cals IIRC when they look like 30mms at the very least.

Not to worry, you already looked like a dumbass
:^)

>three rocks teleport into ship and proceed to slaughter everyone on board
>I was one jump away from the third sector
Next time I jump into a rebel sector instead of a rock one. RNJesus must have an itemized list of my sins or something.
Roll for Shattered Skies, I'm taking a break from this senseless and fun waste of lives and ships.

Fulcrum yet again

>boarding
That is the worst tbqh. Pretty much what kills most of my runs.

Same as before. Tomcat, XLAAs, your choice of livery. Have fun.

Su-37, QAAMs

F-117, PGB

F-22, XMAAs

Tiffy, XLAA, ISAF livery

F-4, Napalm

Alright, I think I'm done for today. I still think there's something wrong with the F-14 in the foreground.
The one in the background and the MiGs were added more for fun for now.

Looking Good there m8
The only thing that looks off to me is the right wing of the foreground Cat, which is a little too stubby and bent backwards
inb4 R-103 Delphinus all over again

Yeah, fuck longer wings, I'm exclusively drawing lawn darts from now on.
The thing where the wing rests on on the right also looks off, but I don't know what to do with that. Maybe I'll just have to make the left engine less wide so the perspective gets fixed a bit. I'll see.

>internet connection playing dead again
Getting a molass to carry a letter over to Switzerland would be faster.
Looking great already. The right wing might need some moving around or a less pronounced taper.
>>>>MiG

This any better?
>MiG
If I get to it I should stealthify those too

>10
I wasn't planning on posting this, but here's another one with the wing slightly wider.

>MiG-28

This one works.

Zero emulation is pretty solid. Is there any way to get rid of these outlines around text and icons? I can post settings in a sec.

Same here, I've never had any problems.
With that said, I play on a toaster with an AMD R5 and an A8-6410. How good is that 1060? I usually get a constant 50% speed on all PS2 games I've played.

Stutters just below 60FPS every now and then. Runs fine otherwise and it's perfectly playable.

>wild arms off set and align sprite on
Try the merge sprite option. This issue isn't exclusive to Ace Combat, it has to do with the way either the PS2 or PCSX2 deals with sprites and happens in many other titles. I'm not sure it it's on the emulation-related issue or a hardware quirk much like how blend modes behave.
I use the 3GB version and I get a solid 60FPS with rare stutters at 1080p.

>game does not support multiple joysticks
I hope AC7 does, this is infuriating for space combat.

Alright, I'll go with that one then.

>tfw you run into untranslatable subtleties
I might just gloss over it instead of looking for a new equivalent since it's a minor character's nickname.

Sorcerer pushing my shit in been a while since I fought these Osea niggas.
>3GB
oof
Did get my card a year ago, it's over $500 now, payed $250. Hindsight is 20/20 if I knew all this would happen I would have saved a little longer for a 1070/1080.

I went for budget since I was building a computer from the ground up, when time to upgrade comes I'll go "all out".

Got it. I'll probably upgrade to a 6 GB, so that's a relief. It's enough to play most Unreal-based games at 1080p, right?
What are you working on?

1060 is fine for 1080/60 on high settings.

I'm translating the Quicksilver story. One character has the callsign "Gallipettes", literally "Somersaults", but the term in french is also an euphemism for (wild) sex.
My knowledge of english double-entendres fails me as far as finding a similar acrobatics-related euphemism is concerned.
>unreal based games
It's enough, inferior 3GB user can confirm. afaik there isn't that much performance difference between the two versions, if the prices are too wild and it becomes an issue.

>make perfect run in FTL
>boss arserapes me because it hacks my weapons
Understood. Thanks, buddies.

Post the last song to get stuck in your head for a period of several days
youtube.com/watch?v=rKTUAESacQM
One of my favorite songs 2bh

youtube.com/watch?v=xhmYHHpn9_4

m.youtube.com/watch?v=svVaEWQaoSo

youtube.com/watch?v=y0rxpQI0ZbY
I'm going to sublimate at this rate, send help.

Holy shit FTL discussion? I just finished all squads Hard wins for Into the Breach. I love ftl; my recs to make your early game easier are A) use your first 50 scrap to buy shields and B) buy hacking or guns early for offense. That should help you crush the first few sectors. If you want more FTL tips I have about 700 hours in it.

youtube.com/watch?v=5WxRyYBKFtc and youtube.com/watch?v=FmM0GYyx5QQ . I don't know why, but I'm perfectly okay with this.
How do I survive against Lanius ships? The only time I fought them, they obliterated me with insulting ease.

>shields
I thankfully managed to figure that out, it's great advise to give.
>guns
Sometimes money is scarce, though. And the early stores sell you things that tend to be beyond what you can muster, in my experience.

I'd be grateful for any advice that would help me get out of the first sector reliably.
Oh, yeah, start-of-engagement boardings, wat do?

take non-essential/sacrificeable personnel and mass them
Then when they get to low health put them into medbay
Alternatively, if you have upgraded doors, flush the fuckers out the airlock.

>airlock
Fuck, I should have tried that. Three rocks against three humans was a slaughter.

>boardings
>get someone on the doors
>block the intruders in/make their advance as slow as possible
>open the air vents to suffocate them
It might not get all of them but it will make fighting them a bit easier. I think they usually bee line towards oxygen or weapons to destroy those

>tfw they spawned in those two rooms
It was just a stroke of bad luck, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=txjJ4Z7zSkk
jam project gets stuck in my head all the time

Yeah I remember them spawning in empty rooms usually. Unless that depends on difficulty settings

IF WE GET THE TRANSIENT FACTS

Ok, here's the other short I wrote. Criticism in general would be nice. Feel free to roast or praise it, but some pointers on what to work on would be great.
>pastebin.com/52KmEMLD

>2 AM
Well, I'm going to sleep until at least 10 AM. Good night, buddies.

Going to sleep, post planefus.
Night, buddy!
I really liked this short. It's a nice tale. The characters in particular seem well made for a short story.

youtube.com/watch?v=7LuSP4QaXiQ

You coudl call them Gymnasty

That was pretty neat. You left a flied in that should be flew.
Also as before, the gear should be further back on the plane I think

Such a fun maneuver

I found ace combat 7

>macro

>10

quite

>*notices ur ICBMs*

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=RRNbcPS3A9c

Cooooool as fuck

Don’t go to late Abandoned Sectors unless you are incredibly confident in your ship. Lanius Bombers are always a tough fight, and generally harder than the flagship in sector 6 or 7.
Start of engagement boardings? Depends on the system that got boarded. If you need the system to win the fight, send some of your guys in to buy time while you vent the room, then retreat to the medbay. Stationing someone on doors can help too.

>*laughs at your SAMs and keeps taking pictures anyway*

>10

Any here playin AC games with a joystick/hotas?

Never used one since i was like 8 years old, dont even know you it feels

If yes, what are u using, my man

youtube.com/watch?v=4X9F0f1D8iw

>10

I demand more anime hoodie planes

Where did you get these?

Collected them as they were gradually posted through /aceg/ a while back (though I think the artist had a twitter they posted them on, not sure who they were). There's even a Japanese company that are selling a couple of real life plon hoodies so far. parfaite.org/silhouet-en

when is game

>Finally got past Desert Arrow
5 isn't as bad as I thought, it's just got a lot of bad missions with the good ones

That's the issue. The bad missions are clustered together, and they are very annoying.

Can someone explain the stadium mission? I didn't quite get why what they were singing was an issue.
RIP MY MAN CHOPPER o7

Alright losers, survey time.
I desire opinions on both ACAH's Chopper Missions and AC7's use of Bomber aircraft.

I believe the chopper missions can hold their own in the core AC series, provided it gets slightly modified and "scaled up" (no infantry, more air-to-air), of course.
Bombers are fun.

My mistake, I meant to say "ACI's use of Bomber aircraft"
Bombers aren't mentioned so far for AC7.

Yeah here's my opinion on a game that doesn't even have a release date

Chopper is a retard who can't fly slightly out of town and then ditch it into a hill and instead flies around in circles waiting for a stadium to empty so he can crash his nearly uncontrollable plane into an acre of grass instead.

Appelrouth is a warmonger, and tries to incite the masses against Yuktobania. Everyone is completely tired of fighting in a senseless war, so they start singing an anti-war song, The Journey Home. Appelrouth starts panicking because he's utter rubbish at propaganda.

I believe that the chopper missions have no place in an AC game. VTOLs would be really nice, but helos simply don't belong. I love dogfighting and going fast, so why would I want to play with gunships?
>Bombers
My PS3 died before the bomber update, so I have no idea. They seemed fun in the videos.

I mean I could try and see if the emulator supports a stick, but I feel like AC will end up feeling better with a regular controller just due to how far and how quickly you tilt the controller and due to having the view on the right stick.

>helos
Like I said in the last thread, if the controls were worked on a bit I could see them in a spinoff about a helo ace. I wouldn't mix them into a regular title though.
>bomber
Haven't seen them in ACI, but in AH they were alright IIRC, except that they locked you into the bomb run instead of just giving you a ton of bombs or similar.

Peace and stuff.

RIP Aniki

Looks like it doesn't work, it maps some controls just fine, but others get mapped to the slider on the throttle no matter what I really try to assign them as.
And even if I map, say x to the slider to get past the menu, it doesn't work beyond the start screen. No clue what's going on and it's weird because the stick and buttons get recognized properly in the PCSX2 config thing where it shows you all the inputs from the controllers.

>helos
Not in a mainline title, or at least confined to a set of side-missions outside the campaign.

Nevermind I got it to work, but it feels spongy, the deadzones aren't all that great. Defintely playable though and I'm sure with some tinkering you could make it work just fine.

Do you think we'll ever see the B-21 in the series? What about the SR-72?

Give it some time and declassifying and it's likely.