/domg/ - Dominions General

You fucks can't do anything right edition.

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 3000 units, 900 spells and 400 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/wjbSA98Y

>Drawfaggotry
dominionsdraws.imgur.com/

>DOMINIONS 5 IS OUT.

>Where do I get it?
Currently only available on Steam.
store.steampowered.com/app/722060/Dominions_5__Warriors_of_the_Faith/

>Manual
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5manual.pdf
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5tables.pdf

>Mod inspector
larzm42.github.io/dom5inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1212948582

>Debug mod
dropbox.com/s/oo492x2cs8vag34/debug509.zip?dl=0

>How do I change the fonts?
Replace guifont.ttf, guifont_fancy.ttf and guifont_texty.ttf in the game's 'data' folder (C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Dominions5\data usually).

>Is there an easier way to play multiplayer?
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/dominions-4-pbem-manager-new-stuff.104015/
Works for Dominions 5 just as well.

>Completed games
Submit them here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuclmaCiRo8vcTztsKjPJxnBgRDE-E1uNvE5j0x5wDZMMhRA/viewform
Results:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OxILAa3Y_O7Vk2NFhKAAQfStHqh1WJXMkGCim9sQ_ns/edit#gid=1292233344

>OP pastebin
Just copypaste it and link the previous thread below.
pastebin.com/RbFWcFcU

>Previous Pantokrator:

Other urls found in this thread:

media.discordapp.net/attachments/358290170438615040/419813812623900672/20180304120832_1.jpg
media.discordapp.net/attachments/358290170438615040/419814060826034187/20180304121015_1.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Panic is good!
Thank you for visiting glorious Nazca! We hope you enjoyed your stay at the wilderness resort of Eriu.

I enjoyed it so much, I had to invite more of my friends to come give it a visit

Hey admin. Literally every remaining player in the game has now gone AI after losing one (sometimes two) battles against me. Can you switch quickhost back on so I can wrap this shit up?

No other players?
Why not just say you win and not waste your time?

How do you counter Dai Onis as EA China?

That's kinda a good point. Graphs were on this game so it's not like I need to win to post them.

How do I play Yomi in DOM 5? It's totally different than DOM4 and I can't figure this shit out.

You don't start a war with them at turn 12 when they were being perfectly courteous. Now you will enjoy the rape of Nanking re-enactment with Japanese goblins.

What research you got?

It it's very early on like implies you might be fucked since countering heavy thugs without proper research is tough for most human nations. Yomi becomes irrelevant during midgame though, you should've waited until you had some decent thug counters researched before invading him.

Why does the OP state that one of the Illwinter devs is a 'teacher' when he's actually a professor of religion and mythology?

He only needs construction 2. A single noble with a Holy Scourge could probably kill a Dai Oni, and TC has some native fire.

A professor is just a fancy teacher.

In the same way that a Lada and a Bentley are both cars. I mostly ask because his specialization is so incredibly relevant, though, which makes it all a little bit cooler.

Just Man's Crossbow will do ~40 damage per shot to a Dai Oni. Have fun

That guy isn't even 1World TC

t. 1World TC

delicious

Life after Death

here's a classic

Post your proudest diplo moments

I'm just happy that I successfully diplod someone into fighting someone else to keep my flank clear once.

Why would you rush Yomi and not Caelum who's right next door and way weaker early on?

Hello from the LlamaServer!

This message is just to let you know that I received a 2h file from you, and it seems to be fine.

There were four human players left in a game, and one of them convinced the other two to gang up on me.

I managed to get them both to turn on him with a single message to each. Then he got butthurt and deleted the game.

gg hinnom, I don't think I could have beaten your armies even if I had a proper doomstack and hadn't split everyone up to mop up yomi faster

in retrospect I should have blown my E gems empowering an Anointed or Onyx Sorceress to high Earth instead of wasting em on ogres

Maybe done the same with Death too, I had birds for light raiding and probably didn't need banes

Speaking of death though, you all should know that you can Twiceborn mercenaries and keep the resulting wight mage.

how can I heal afflictions on my regular units without native access to healers again

I have nature mages but my big scary regenerating sacreds are loaded up with afflictions now. If GoH the only option?

Please discontinue your bullying of birb and birb lands immediately. Thank you.

what the fuck is that pitiful jotun army

I believe you mean
"Bird are winning, please devote all forces to their removal"

You're really gunning for the ma xibalba win strat aren't you?
Or more likely, a boring MA agartha win. He may have boulder throwing bless, but he sure ain't playing like it.

>posts two battles they've clearly won
>b-b-b-but muh xibalba muh agartha
both a bully and a diplomonster, remove TWICE as hard

You can win battles all game, but when you have three enemies working against you it doesn't mean much. Meanwhile, the two other big nations continue to grow.

It's whatever to me, I wanted to actually play my nation and this is good experience. I'm having fun. Merely a bit concerned about the interests of my enemies. :^)

r8

>If GoH the only option?
Pretty much. Some nations that don't have recruitable healers might have summons that can heal. I think some of the Rusian Nymph gals have affliction healing, for instance.

What elementals are the best against giants?

6/10, might be lower depending on which nation you're planning to run it on. I'm assuming you're running some cavalry sacred which is good against troops without a bless but expensive and vulnerable to mage support.

The biggest problem is that it's too expensive. You get zero scales imprisoned with only 5 dom. A smaller bless would be nearly as good and get you 4-5 more scales.

Spirit Sight is too niche to be worth it. You should also probably go to E4 for 2x reinvig (again, assuming a cavalry sacred).

That fucking lore argument in the last thread with people who can't wrap their heads around simple chains of events.
> The Rimtursar, ancient giants who possessed godlike powers, were the undisputed rulers of the world.
Niefelheim's description.
> The Aesir were ancient gods who were defeated by the Rimtursar aeons ago in a cataclysmic battle. When the war ended the last remaining Aesir were banished by the Pantokrator.
baka seems pretty clear to me they won the last Ascension War.

Are you saying the last Pankoman was one of the Rimtursar? It's possible but it also rules out any chance of them coming back, because Pankoman always fucks off the the outer spheres when he gets bored.

No, the last pankoman beat up the rimtursar, likely with the help of the aesir, then in true pankoman fashion he ended up imprisoning his friends as well as allies

So that means the Rimtursar actually lost the last Ascension war

Yes, the undisputed rulers of the world who went to sleep on their own were imprisoned by the Pantokrator after wrecking the asses of an entire civilization of Titans, despite no description anywhere mentioning the Pantokrator acting against them. You bloody lemming.

I think he was the pretender of Rimtursar and may or may not have been one of them.

actually this bless has growth 3 and magic 2 with heat 3

And yeah if I use this I'd probably drop death and take reinvig x2. I just dumped out a meme build that I thought would be kind of fine for Marignon while I was waiting for my squad to get together for pubg

Why take a rainbow with Mari when the Baph exists?

you ever give your girl the ol' Rimtursar?

Ah, I wasn't taking free fire/astral bless points into account so I thought you were taking F6 and S5.

In that case, it sounds like a solid rainbow bless. I'd drop W to 3 (unless you have something specific you want to do with W4 magic-wise, cold resist isn't something I'd consider very valuable) and take E4 for double reinvig.

>I'd probably drop death
Bad idea, keep it. If you drop death, you need to take S4 and N4 (or lose the bless for those as well). D3 is cheaper, gives you a new path for lategame, and adds a significant chunk of hp to your knights.

Just dump all the death points into undying rather than spirit sight.

Because you don't want to go full blessrush?

I don't see how Baph and rainbow blesses are comparable. They focus on very different things.

>Because you don't want to go full blessrush?
Just take him Dormant, then. You'll get a stronger bless and better scales.

Then your knights get a lot worse at expansion.

They should expand fine with +4 attack skill and blood surge. People use non-sacred heavy cav for expansion all the time.

I don't know about dom5, but non-blessed knights of the chalice didn't work very well in dom4.

Their gold and resource costs are a lot higher than other cavalry, so you need to be able to expand with at most 5-6 of them. Without a bless they tended to take losses too often at those numbers.

I'd need to try it out to see if +4att and blood surge is enough to overcome that.

Phaeacia's expeditions to the blessed gardens will now occur yearly if the guardian is no longer there. But most importantly this update fixes a few problems with underwater province defence that appeared in the previous update.

General
Death Curse didn't work vs immortals
Golden Apple expeditions happen once per year
Arena deathmatch more common
Better checking for illegal moves
Light effects for fire elementals and similar units
Invisibility didn't work fully on scout reports
PD didn't get commander under water
Better messages from Purgatory
Vengeance of the Dead can target sneaking commanders
Print info on rituals that can target sneaking units
Forts do not get extra integrity if upgraded same round as sieged
Some auto found site locations on maps didn't come with an auto found site
2 new magic sites
Damage info for poison spells
Stability improvement
New look for Master Enslave

Modding
PD works with montags again
New monster mod commands to set bodytype
New monster/item commands: #insanify, #nomovepen

>Phaeacia's expeditions to the blessed gardens will now occur yearly if the guardian is no longer there.
What's this about?

>Forts do not get extra integrity if upgraded same round as sieged
Nice.

They have a spell that summons a unique unit, which the flavor text mentions is the guarding of the golden apples. After you cast it the expeditions to gather the apples are supposed to start.

I don't know what the expedition is supposed to do.

That was with the baph :^)

>I don't know what the expedition is supposed to do.
> golden apples
Immortality?

>lose two expansion parties in a row to barbarians

I guess that teaches me I guess that's a sign that I should've practiced expansion in singleplayer before playing a new nation (well, new to me anyway) in multiplayer.

I thought it would grant knowledge, honestly.

Since it's based on Greek myth, and since it mentions a guardian, it's probably a reference to the Hesperides (the guardian being Antaeus). They had a garden in which grew golden apples which grant immortality when eaten.

It's usually assumed that the "golden apples" were actually just oranges, which at that time were unknown in Greece. The Greeks had no word for the color orange, so that's why they said they were golden. Fun fact: The color orange is named after the fruit orange, not the other way around.

How do we make Dominions appealing to girls?

Judging by the girls I know, all you'd have to do is make it a colorful puzzle game for iPhones.

media.discordapp.net/attachments/358290170438615040/419813812623900672/20180304120832_1.jpg
media.discordapp.net/attachments/358290170438615040/419814060826034187/20180304121015_1.jpg

The apple gives +morale to the commander, and if they are old they will eat it next turn becoming 10 years younger.

Kinda weak for something you can only get once a year.

It's only once a year, but it's a free bonus on top of the Ladon summon.
Also unlike youth spells or events it's something you can trade or give away to other players.
So 'kinda weak' is unfair IMO.

I'm not saying it's useless, just that it's weak. Which it is. It's a nice freebie, but if it wasn't free there wouldn't be any point in using it.

>dies to indies/10

That's disappointing.

I mean, the summon is great for its cost and extra free shit is nice, but I don't really see a meaningful use for these.

It's a free, targetted Rejuvenate.

Considering
1)even being barely old means a chance of afflictions in winter and effectively losing recuperation, so -10 years can mean avoiding really bad afflictions (and +encumbrance, -mapmove....)
2)Phaecia and Erytheia have potentially old mages and Unaging isn't always an option
3)Both MA and LA have other nations with old age issues you could trade this to.

I think there are many meaningful uses.

Consider that you get like 4 or 5 of them in total, spread out over the game.

They have uses, just not any meaningful ones. Stuff like Rejuvenate is good because you can cast it as often as you need. Making 5 of your mages slightly younger over the course of the game is nice, but it's not going to make any meaningful difference.

Sceleria won that game

The Rimtursar are totally above shitty Pankomen. They need no Pankoman and are just sleepy. This user also preaches the truth .

"The bodytype determines what hit locations the monster has. Default is humanoid."

Did any of you clowns even check to see if mod nations NEEDED to be updated?
But bodytype is in now, so.

You already got BTFO last thread, you can stop sucking Rimtursar dick now.

Modnat game when, then?

But it was you who got btfo when I actually cited the in-game lore after you spew some garbage about an "ongoing" war with Aesir?

I'm not him/them (think it was more than one guy), and nobody cited an "ongoing" war with the Aesir, people just told you that the Pankoman ended the war by banishing the Aesir when he got tired of it. If the Rimtursar are as strong as or stronger than the Pankoman, why was it a war to begin with? Obviously the Aesir put up resistance, otherwise it wouldn't be a war.

>the Pankoman ended the war by banishing the Aesir when he got tired of it
Which is factually incorrect. The game says he banished the remaining Aesir AFTER they lost the war.

Both the Rimtursar and the Aesir were gods in their own right and incredibly powerful, the Rimtursar were just the stronger of the two.

ded game

How can we get the normie audience?

Lootboxes with random units and gems inside.

Dominions 6 is now a P2W gacha game

Turn it into a MOBA.

Dominions: Battlegrounds. You make a pretender like you do now but with way way more chassis options and you're dropped in a map where there are some indies, random sites (that can give items, magic boosts, etc), last player alive wins.

someone mod this

Possible addendum: There's an AI nation of horrors/demons/whatever that works as circle, every x turns it will expand its territory and grow stronger. The units can't leave their provinces but if you're caught in a province that it expanded into you'll have to fight them. It auto spawns troops/commanders in its own provinces based on dominion strength (which should keep increasing) so the longer you stay in the circle the harder it gets.

No real way to avoid this expansion creating islands (so the last two players may be stuck unable to reach eachother), but that's a limitation you gotta live with.

You can do all this with events but the only issue is pretender creation can't really be touched. Best way to do it would be to alter the available chassis for price and magic balance (stationary pretenders really have no real use, and probably would be best if all pretenders had 0 magic to start since scales and dom strength don't matter).

No, the way you do it is the horrors start creeping in from the edges of the map, slowly decreasing the size of the safe zone in the middle. That way the players are forced to fight each other for dominance of the safe zone.

Maps don't necessarily have edges.

The maps of Dominions: Battlegrounds do.

There would be a lot of better solutions given enough control, but how do you intend to mod that in with what we are allowed to mod at the moment?

Use custom maps that have special sites along the edge which spawn the horrors. Use event scripting to make the sites spawn copies of themselves in adjacent provinces at a set interval.

I first thought that you were describing normal Dominions there and that the joke was that Peter was trying to sell the same game as a brand new one.

No it didn't. Ermor did

I distinctly remember Sy winning that game and he was playing Sceleria

You're thinking of a different game then. Sceleria was an Italian dude

Go full turmoil and build temples everywhere. Oni will free spawn wherever you have turmoil and a temple very very slowly. Until you've got a respectable force of oni built up, your pretender/prophet/dai oni will be doing most of the work expanding.

So, Ermor was using the same meme in two different games?

Source of picture?