/simg/ Simulation Games General

Log delivery ops when edition

Previous thread: >DCS: Do not buy M-2000C/NTTR and modules released AFTER those from steam(released after 12th May 2017), because you can't use them in stand-alone.TeamSpeak
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Falcon BMS Alternative Launcher:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B9l8t2itS4vkOHAxa0tKdzI2aEk/view
Your pain setting up controls is over
i.imgur.com/R5bNpo7.png
i.imgur.com/l68Wzlm.png
i.imgur.com/ylhQnWD.png

>Falcon 4, BMS, SF2, real-life flight manuals and field manuals.
mega.nz/#F!r11BxCRC!nC2Rttjjx8WLqvPF-6SYKw
>US Army Manual Index
pastebin.com/m98ZrWpP

>Link to this OP text
pastebin.com/Tsc71yaf

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/SimulationGamesGeneral

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E

>Planes pastebin
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tanks pastebin
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat/Submarine pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Strike Fighters 2 For Dummies
pastebin.com/M5JQ2S7A

>Example of welcome games
>Flight Sims
Falcon BMS, DCS: World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Strike Fighters X
>Driving Games
Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, Euro Truck Sim, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, DiRT Rally, OMSI 2
>Ground Sims
SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Graviteam Tactics, Combat Mission
>Submarine Sims
Silent Hunter, Ship Simulator, Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters
>Misc Sims
Command: X, Swat 4

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/ /cwg/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TKVR6NSX97o
youtube.com/watch?v=Jmo04Nw5Vdg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=TKVR6NSX97o

>when other generals claim to be dead
heh they got nothing on us

the simulation general is the most popular general on Veeky Forums, this very minute hundreds of people around the world are typing up their posts for our general

dead helicopter general

I start doing A10 tutorials and you fools can't keep a simple thread alive.

The slider on my x52 is twitchy and annoying. Is there a way to toggle zoom in DCS instead? I think I'd be fine with a standard zoom and a magnified state I can just switch between.

great poomunity you got here

Nope. It's an axis, therefore you can either adjust with an axis or use a key to slow zoom in or out.

Try screwing around with the deadzones before you give up on it, usually stuff is twitchy on the extreme ends.

Reminder that:
>DCS is a fun sim regardless of what people say
>IL-2 is a fun sim regardless of what people say

I don't know if the X-52 has config software like the X-55/56 do, but if you do I think you can tune the axis to have a retarded digital curve.

>come back home
>simg is archived
Literally WHAT the god damn F U C K is wrong with this fucking general?

I bet the F-14 won't even be out in 2018

>they died
>again
can't root this to anything else other than the fact that "simulation" general doesn't tankpost (or doesn't actually simulationpost anything else than planes)

Bedtime now

This thread better be up when I come back

>doesn't actually simulationpost anything else than planes
>planes
excuse me sir this is a helo general

>planes
I meant shit that flies

>I meant shit that flies
Those are called aircraft, sir

>Design decisions that were thought to be sound on the PC become more thoroughly tested, for example - is the game fully controllable with a controller or am I actually using the odd key press here and there without necessarily thinking about it? How does the game look when it's on a TV a few feet away - are some of those fonts now looking a bit on the small side? Can we make a real world, one-to-one replication of the route come to life on the console? There aren't many console games with a 45 mile map you can freely move around in, let alone doing it smoothly at over 100mph.

Now we know why TSW looks so good, and yet sucks so bad

Fucking consoleplebs

Anyone know why I can't set a SPI? My HUD is SOI and I slew to a point and press TMS up and hold. Nothing happens...

The point you have chosen is likely too far away from the aircraft for HUD designation.

I had this problem in the tutorial as well, scroll the cursor farther down = ground closer to the aircraft.

That's exactly what it was, thanks.

flying a plane is hard after only using the huey

You can be both user. Pretend you fly ospreys.

That's a big train...

When was the last time you did a proper approach, simg?

few hours ago
i mean it was a helipad but still

pshht.... over here...
never

Does a VFR approach count?

what sim is this?

DOA

SABOW

Fucking kek

Last week - we've had some breddy big CBs passing through so we weren't visual til 150ft above the minima.

dont die in my sleep

I'll try my best to guard the thread against any lurking SA-11s, user. But keep in mind, I've only got so many HARMs and so much chaff. I need wingmen.

*sharts*

A10 story fag here, haven't been able to fly any campaigns lately, been a bit busy, done some flying in other modules and just general dicking around, probably gonna wait until 2.5 is in release status next year until I fly another campaign.
Anyway I found an A10 mission online that gives dynamic tasking while you patrol over an AO and decided to give it a go, mission was some 3 hours long, it wasn't super exciting or intense but it got me doing things I haven't done in the A10 for a number of years, mainly A2A refueling and creating waypoints from lat/long co'ords.
Im happy to do an AAR of it if anyone is interested, I know some people enjoyed my earlier stuff, some didn't, but whatever it would keep the thread bumped anyway.

Are tankers hard, user?

Tanking off the boom is harder than drogue/probe, for me anyway, but like anything practice makes perfect, I've read its harder to do in game (without VR) than real life, but I cant say for sure if that is true.

>without VR
Speaking of which, do you think high res headsets like the Pimax ones are going to be good for flight sims in general?

I cant really comment as I dont have VR and dont plan on getting it for a few years yet, but everyone who uses it in flight sim's seem to complain that the resolution is too low so I guess the Pimax ones could be good? They are 8k res aren't they?
Unfortunately I didn't realize what time it is, so I wont be posting the AAR tonight, will do it tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Alright anons, I must sleep. Guard the thread, and be wary of the morning rush.

Sleep tight user.

When I played a landing tutorial in my very first day in dcs

pleade dont die guys ;_;

Any other civfag ITT?

I played the XP11 demo for about an hour once, does that count?

did you like it though?

It was okay I guess the 747's flight model was super retarded, like war thunder arcade-mode tier retarded

What have I done

It appears you have bought the Mi-8.

You gotta get them addons for anything realistic

been playing sims for a few years
still no idea what to do with those "charts" other than finding my way to the runway from parking

bought one of the few planes that isnt a complete waste of money

Looked into how much shit you can code in the missions..
Seems like a lot of simple things are not possible or way too complicated and the standard "lol we aint gona do work fuck off" response is very common from ED.

>oh what is that? you want to have access to that variable?
>oh it would make quiet a few mp missions more stable and remove lag?
>oh we would have to spend 10 minutes writing a getter for you?
>haha, its "hardcoded" x-DDD

I blame mi8 logs man, I was considering getting it long time, but i dont play dcs until they fix it. But mi8 looks just too good so i have to redownload dcs

Dude it's free game stop complaining
t. DCS fanbase

kek'd

the level of dishonesty is amazing. i wonder if they can get any lower

I ask this question every update

why are the no carfags here?

Because all of them are at
added it to op pastebin for future carfags

Because they have their own general on Veeky Forums

why is flying the a10c so less fun than flying the huey? is the mi8 fun to fly still or is it too fat like the a10?

MIG IS GOD'S PLANE
HIND IS GOD'S HELO

Always. Other people call me a fag or doing it, though.

You've signed up for the wildest ride of your life, user.

The Mi-8 can be the most nimble chopper ever for one reason: dat powerplant.
The MI-8 can EASILY outdo the Huey if you don't care where you land it.

Also the interior has some seriously low quality textures. A10 switch update WHEN

I got some alchohol too, just finished downloading meme simulator
I hope it's fun

if not, drink more
I was drunk when i bought it, no regrets.

I bought it when I was drunk
Downloading only today, but gonna learn it while drunk

The Mi-8 is easily the comfiest module IMO. I know this because im milsperg vatnik as fuck but I'm having more fun playing as a civilian
Much more reliable than the huey (less things are a death sentence, you only need be afraid of VRS) and you don't nearly have to fight it as much

I really want to get into SABOW but there's just so much going on it seems impenetrable

I agree T-62's feel impenetrable at times

>That guy on fire running from the tank
That's rough.

>hanging out wid da bois DDDDD

do you also have the KA-50?

>game is about a middle-eastern cold war conflict
K I N O
I
N
O
youtube.com/watch?v=Jmo04Nw5Vdg

It was supposed to be /k/'s cup!

I've not had a proper go in the T62 yet. The M60 ranging thing is retarded as fuck

I did. Thank god the thread still lives.

are you BMP?

>this general hasnt died yet
holy shit colour me surprised. how do you guys do it?

The same way we'll fly a Huey for two hours without breaks. i.e., with an intense wanker's cramp

>not wanting to die from the tiniest failure
You'll never be a real helo pilot.

EXHAUST OVERHEAT
>you are now dead without even a chance to autorotate

not to mention the fact you get to fight for Saddam

why does that image exist?

Why not?

is this the final stage of the slaviboo? Celebrating the failures of Saddam?

>next level strawman