/mbgg/ - Mobage General #854

This general is for discussing the less popular mobage (Mobile Games). Games whose Veeky Forums generals wouldn't last a day or two on their own and games that are not popular enough for their own general. Typically these are Japanese only games.

>Current English Games
Potion Maker, Valkyrie Connect

>Current Foreign games
Battle Girl High School, Shironeko Project & Tennis, Shoumetsu Toshi, Girls Frontline, Alternative Girls, Destiny Child, #Compass, Tagatame, Houkai Impact, Tenka Hyakken, Tales of Rays, Graffiti Smash, Alice gear Aegis, Princess connect Re:dive

>For a complete list of games played in the thread and more information about them, please read this:
ofo.jp/j/jKix

If looking for game recommendations or suggestions on what to play, please check the above docs. This docs is regularly updated with games and has all the games discussed on the thread.

>Help!! This game is not avaliable in my region?? How do I download it?
>It says the game is not avaliable on my device, how do I install it?
Read this pastebin about how to get around region locks for both Android and iOS (Updated for 2018)
pastebin.com/kdChFL5n

>Upcoming mobage doc
ofo.jp/j/h7Pt

>Filtering tools for cleaning the thread
github.com/ccd0/Veeky Forums-x

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/sWV7CdHh
appmedia.jp/priconne-redive/894089
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wish it was like this more often.

I'm going to talk about you. Yes, you.

Billy probably hated /mbgg/.

He was a big iM@S fan. There was no time for dead kusoge in his busy life.

Don't make the OP again, it was his job.

>valkyrie connect still in op

>no Makai Wars

It's a shame the game has these awful graphical errors on Nox. If I use OpenGL it's too dark, and if I use DirectX everything is too bright. Backgrounds textures are fucked either way. Besides that the game is fun for now. Got A2 and 9S. No 2B but Fiore makes up for it.

If anyone needs it, the updated pastebin is here
pastebin.com/sWV7CdHh

And the stuff by the translator is over here

Let's remove the English section and migrate to /jp/.

Makai Wars can't come though.

Slightly better screencap

GF can't either since it's chink

Let's talk about mobile games.

We are

But he isn't.

No, we aren't.

A janitor would be really nice right about now

I am

Hopefully they also work on the other guns beside rifles.

I think it only gets left in because without it all that's left is a joke game.

If you remove VC then there's literally no other English games considering the entirety of the King's raid playerbase moved to its own general.

That's not exactly a bad thing though

Good, we don't need shitty english shit here.

mobage is dead

Why is Eriko is ranked so high by anons here yet rarely mentioned by Japs in their tier list?

Great post.

Based.

The English release of Tagatame is decent, even if it is naturally inferior to JP. Whomever keeps making the threads refuses to change the English section ever since removing TB, though.

Talk about Tekken mobage since /tekgen/ isn't talking about it.

They probably havent used the poverty units enough while we're mostly poor free to play shitters.

Eriko is actually really good DPS with a poison skill to help her kill things that she can't just burst down but she's very fragile and needs a good tank to stop her from exploding. A solid choice to 3* right there with Pudding depending what your team needs.

On the other hand, the japanese tier lists seem to reccomend the brown dog but she's actually really bad to the point of being absolutely unusable unless your tanks are Miyako, Llama or Kuuka because she'll be in front of everyone else in front of these three and proceed to die a horrible death.

The idea of the English games section is games you can play in English without everyone jumping out at you and replying to your every question with "Play the JP/CN/KR version"

Anyone have the other calendar wallpapers?

Well maybe you should listen to them

>she'll be in front of everyone else except these three and proceed to die a horrible death.

Woops, I botched that

That's a problem with shitposters and not with the OP. /mbgg/ started out with people playing both. Dragon Poker JP and EN coexisted peacefully for as long as people played them here. With all of its sasuga gumi, Chain Chronicle global had a fairly large presence, even with the existence and superiority of JP.

It really seems like the shitposting flowed over when /padg/ died. Now you have people shitting up the thread because you're not playing the game they like or the version they like, or just because they really can't help themselves.

I spent all my resources and still got pushed out of the top 100. It's not fair~~~~

What are the rewards for the ranking events in that game? I didn't even know it had them or 100 players so I'm curious.

So what you're saying is that people don't want to talk with someone who plays a version that's years behind on content and qol updates? So what?

You're both right and wrong. I can't deny the part about some people tossing a temper tantrum about enjoying something they don't like considering its happening right now with Priconne and happened recently with AL but not everyone that reccomends to move to the JP version does so with ill intent since the foreign versions are really that much superior and are not really that hard to understand considering most of them are super intuitive or have every single rune translated somewhere.

None of the localizations are really worth playing over their original versions and have really short lifespans so people often just completely avoid them and they only ever get brought up to shit on them, to use them as an excuse to shitpost and rarely people that have an actual question about it but get shot down quickly with a cheeky >global.

Expecting people to go post in their generals is not throwing a temper tantrum, it's the point of /mbgg/
Unless you think there's nothing wrong with talking about GBF or FGO just because you don't want to move.

Did you spend any money?

Eriko has the highest attack that in the game and her poison allows me to go through the physical defence enemies without having any magic users.

Kaori is better on paper so I guess the nips just love theorycrafting without playing.

What happened to /padg/?

Or every nip has pudding based on ranking. Eriko is good pve dps but she gets destroyed in arena, pretty much if you want to arena you need Hatsune and Io, minimum Hatsune.

I'm not far into the game yet but i like Tamaki more. Her skills hits enemies with high magic power which is usually the assholes at the back shooting at your backline. She also stands slightly behind most tanks.

Just starting. Is having Nozomi and Jun a good id to start the game? I also have that 2* pink haired archer.

The weekly Shop Battles give you gacha tickets, Chips to exchange for items and costumes, and other stuff to help strengthen your team.
It used to give gems but they changed that.

No.

>someone who doesn't spend money can almost make it into the top 100 of a ranking event
you'd better hope this dead game's anime is KF-levels of cult hit

The appmedia reroll tier list is pretty good for knowing what to reroll for. I'd say that account is worth keeping since both Nozomi and Jun are great and its the frontline most whales use for PVP these days.

appmedia.jp/priconne-redive/894089

If you're rerolling without root on an actual device then you want to take the first half decent roll you get unless you deeply hate yourself. If you have nox macros, a good PC and a fair bit of free time then you can try aiming for triple 3* accounts and pick out the best accounts from your hunt to start with.

Or if you're the type that solves problems with money, you could also just buy a cheap loaded account from an auctions site and start with that.

Interesting, is the rainbow ticket a guaranteed max rarity ticket?

For appmedia's tier list I'd probably move monica down to S-rank and both Anna/Hatsune to SS-rank since they're both really great magic users that will shit damage and super meta when it comes to PVP. They're not going to do a lot on their own but they'll really shine if you run them with a team that can protect them and keep hits off them.

>Doesnt even have 100k players

Its going to be the next titanic and everyone knows it. Maybe they just bought the rights for cheap to fill a slot because they had nothing else.

>they only ever get brought up to shit on them
This I'd have to disagree with. They don't get brought up as often as they used to, but that's thanks in no small part to an almost Pavlovian shitposting response at their mere mention. It's fine if people are playing a "lesser" version, be it CH, KR, JP or EN. They know what they're getting into, and there's nothing wrong with wanting to talk about them. The people that play them don't bring them up just to shit on /mbgg/. At most, they might want to commiserate. But the idea that we shouldn't even bring them up because a shitposter might attack is stupid.

Nobody talks about GBF or FGO more than tangentially here, and that's fine. Making new generals just because a game is new and has its initial burst of popularity is just shitposting. Priconne didn't need a general, nor did games before it that had similar happen. There's plenty of room here alongside the other games we're playing.

Ah okay thanks, Looks like both of them are good.
Yeah, i rolled without root. It's a long tutorial start but it's nice that they gave one free 3* and then enough gems to do a 2x10 rolls.

PasuMemo has various ways to earn vouchers which give you extra attempts at the Ranking Event. You can use them to get to top 100 without having to spend any money or gems. It's great way to see how competitive your team is.

Yeah. It's a 4* roll.

>They know what they're getting into
That's a big assumption there.

In any case, this whole discussion is pointless. If people are going to suggest to english version players to play the main server, they will and that's fine. If someone makes a post about an english version game and no one wants to talk about it with them, that's also fine.

>Nobody talks about GBF or FGO more than tangentially here, and that's fine. Making new generals just because a game is new and has its initial burst of popularity is just shitposting. Priconne didn't need a general, nor did games before it that had similar happen. There's plenty of room here alongside the other games we're playing.
Sure, and I would agree. But regardless of whether it should've been made, the fact is that it does have a general, and one that has had no problem staying alive for quite a while. With the point of /mbgg/ being for things that can't sustain a general, Priconne should go to it's own thread. 'I like it so I'll post here' is just shitposting.

Let's talk about mobile games.

Fumikane noticing the important things as usual

>SS
>Shizuru
>S
>Hatsune
>Io
Kek

If you want to talk about mobage without shitposting make some friends. Getting mad over it in here is retarded.

i am eagerly looking forward to your peer-reviewed study on how /mbgg/ developed a pavlovian response to botched localizations over the course of a few years

>The people that play them don't bring them up just to shit on /mbgg/.
This wasn't what I implied or was getting at. I meant that they only get ever brought up because someone wanted to shit on them or make fun of the game, because someone needed an excuse to shitpost about something and what better reason to fill their shitpost quota about SEA than to remind everyone that (Insert latest SEA localization here) will save /mbgg/. Then the last scenario would be someone actually trying to discuss it but then they just instantly get shot down with a >global which is usually followed by a "b-better than anything you're playing!" or a reply that they know what they're getting into but wanted to play it in English.

>mad
Who? Where?

Tfw still no new Shironeko leak.

I'm mad

It's okay user, you'll come to terms with Aniki dying soon and then all you'll be is sad.

No, me.

His mom called him so he had to pause his shitposting but now he's back at spamming the thread with whatever crosses his mind, please understand.

Who is he?

I think he's talking about me

Probably won't be til Tuesday, usually like 1st week after the event right?

Tamaki is actually really good because of her niche of killing mages. She's a great counter to Hatsune in arena but can be countered by Anna sometimes. If she doesn't oneshot anna or triggers her suicide threshold then she'll make you lose but if she just outright kills her then she'll proceed to pretty much win you the match.

>Got Mithos mirror from a ticket in Tales of Rays
I thought getting mirror from ticket was a myth.

Only thing confirmed is Nightmare mode for SnK is on Monday. There are also a few new sound effects but the characters jobs are still not confirmed.

Please stop talking about me.

You're cute.

No I am

Congrats. I maxed all of his weapons and still no 5* or mirror. 2 tickets left. Praying for a miracle.

>Game is 3 weeks old, almost going on a month
>Got first gacha change but still no first event
>Only campaign they tried to do failed miserably
>Twitter is dead silent and only tweeting character introductions like they're still trying to build hype for their unreleased game

How shameless can these people get

Haven't even started snk stuff yet, was clearing out tower and other backlog I let pile up. Still need to finish valentines coop then I can do that, or some memory shit since I'm down quite a bunch and never got the runes to finish ruka building.

If you played Priconne you'd realize that it doesn't need it's own thread. There is very little to discuss about the game now that the initial rush is over, even in /pcrg/ most of the posts were just people asking the same questions and getting their hands held by people and that was the extent of the discussion outside of waifuposting and arguing over semantics.

The game is very shallow right now because it was just released, in time maybe it will surge in interest again and need its own general but right now everyone who has rushed through the game has nothing to do other than bitch about whales or not getting drops and the people who are stuck on story levels just need to grind levels or gear and they'll be able to clear it easily. Even the "esports" modes don't leave much to be discussed because the whales have already figured out the best comps since the number of girls and interactions between them(Hatsune and Tamaki slaughtering casters, etc) is so limited.

Sometimes it's better to not discuss things until something eventful happens rather than sustain a general with shitposting and random fluff.

>If you played Priconne
>implying I don't
Right there in my post I agreed it didn't need a general. But the thing is it has one, you don't get to pick and choose what you change threads for just because you don't like it, otherwise you may as well throw away the OP and let everyone post here regardless of if they have a general or not.
If /pcrg/ dies then there's no problem with it being posted here, but posting it here now is just being selecting based on likes and dislikes.

The main problem with priconne is that one of the resident spergs seems to get really upset at anything cygames and takes the opportunity to shitpost wildly about it in some retarded attempt to get people to bend to his will and agree to kick out the game he doesnt approve of out of the thread.

The game is really never going to need its own general due to the nature of the game being like Tenka during its peak. It'll dominate the thread for like a day or two during the day of a big update then it'll cool down hardcore because people have exhausted the things to talk about and all that's left is log in, dump stamina in an hour or two then log back later to dump the bit of stam that was generated before heading to bed and waiting for reset.

What baffles me with PriConn is that the game has great amount of story, yet 99% of its playerbase completely ignores it and instead focuses on its almost-inexistent gameplay. There could have been discussions about character interactions or their IRL counterparts. There could even talks about story lore from its past dead game.

>People playing a game discuss the gameplay aspects of said game and optimize their teams to play the game better

No way, call the news because you got a hot scoop right here.

People are mad that it is not GBF when it is clear that Cygames was not intending for it to be another GBF. They need existing GBF player to stay in that game and aren't going to make something that also requires a lot of time to play and cannibalize their own player base.

>RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EOPSSSSSS
there you got your (you)s, happy?

You can count with 1 hand the amount of people who can read the story or even give a shit about it.

No one's mad its not granblue and no one was expecting it to be granblue though. Try again.

It did die and it wasn't until the shitposter awoke from his slumber that it got a new thread. Which still hasn't gotten its OP updated because he doesn't actually play the game or read the thread.

I didn't say there should be no gameplay discussions. What I meant is, the gameplay is very limited that discussion will stuck back and forth in tierlist, when there's larger elephant in the room that everyone misses.

Are there still any working hacks for PAD? I'm sad the nip who made the bin editor got arrested...

I'd like to say wrong thread but you got the site entirely wrong too

You're in the right thread.

You're in the right thread in the right site.

He's in the right thread

No, he's not.

lore discussions don't appeal to everyone so that's understandable.