teamfortress.com/post.php?id=36910

>Tips and guides
Blog: tf2.com
Wiki: wiki.tf
Class guides: pastebin.com/u/TheOperator
FAQ: pastebin.com/6t7WNtgn
Mods: pastebin.com/bzzUK5tz
Steam status: steamstat.us steamgaug.es
Preview Loadout: whatsnext.loadout.tf | steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/158547475
HUDs: huds.tf | teamfortress.tv/33738
Game Traffic: steamcharts.com/app/440#1y

>Sites
crap.tf | tf2outpost.com | backpack.tf | bazaar.tf
BP check: backpack.tf
Prices: backpack.tf | trade.tf
Skins: p337.info/tfview

>Competitive
Basics: playcomp.tf
Comp Wiki: comp.tf
Lobbies: tf2center.com/lobbies
Scripting: pastebin.com/1VmngMfJ
pastebin.com/H3WfKLaB
TF2 streams: teamfortress.tv
UGC (Global): ugcleague.com
FACEIT (NA/EU): faceit.com
ESEA (NA): play.esea.net
ETF2L (EU): etf2l.org
OZFortress (AUS): ozfortress.com
AsiaFortress (AS): asiafortress.com
Chaplaria (SA): steamcommunity.com/groups/chapelaria

>List of good Community servers
teamfortress.tv/servers

>Discord
pottisdefenseforce.com

Other urls found in this thread:

teamfortress.tv/46417/essentials-tf-eu-monthly-march-2018-sunday
98.114.174.78:27000/TitaniumTank/
youtube.com/watch?v=k4Ssaut4cs8&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=ACfafLuLmy8
youtube.com/watch?v=gR2hMOjWat0
www87.zippyshare.com/v/knWKmNdo/file.html
youtube.com/watch?v=t9HUyHmLFzA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for tf2 is a good game

Reminder that the EU March Monthly cup continues tomorrow at 11 AM EST! Details here: teamfortress.tv/46417/essentials-tf-eu-monthly-march-2018-sunday

This is true.

opinions

post fempyro

TF2 is a good game, but I feel like the current TF2 dev team doesn't really understand what makes TF2 a great game and they're pretty close to just ruining the entire thing if they keep making changes the way they have over the past few years.

no

wtf

Followed. Should be interesting to watch.
The game could not possibly be ruined. They'd have to make some really stupid changes to the core of the game to do that.

They've been making stupid decisions for years now. Casual matchmaking, overbuffing the crossbow, pyro "fixes," whatever the actual fuck competitive matchmaking is supposed to be, etc. On paper it just looks like little thing, but those little things add up to make playing TF2 a not very fun experience after a certain point, especially if we continue down this "we don't really play this game and we only listen to Reddit's opinions" route of updating and "fixing" things. It really boggles the mind how they could add a competitive matchmaking system and take not a single hint from the ~10 years strong competitive scene, I have no idea how they fucked up that bad.

98.114.174.78:27000/TitaniumTank/

reminder that tf2g isnt your personal safe space

I'm reading the comics for the first time. They're pretty good.

They're so good I recommend not reading them since they'll never be finished.

Well it might take a year or two before they make another one but I think they'll get there.

The second last one finally came out at least.

That's right one more to go.

youtube.com/watch?v=k4Ssaut4cs8&feature=youtu.be

RIP

I suppose one would find them good, if they're into "Random XD" humour.

The TF2 comics are not "lol so randumb XD" humor. They're a tongue-in-cheek parody, while still retaining some semblance of story.

>it's just a parody bro, they're so randumb on an ironic level
nah

>crossbow got nerfed
>it's still miles better than any of medic's other primaries
thanks volvo

>crossbow gets nerfed
>still op as fuck
bring it to max heal of 50 then it's gucci

reminder that
>the enforcer only works against the brass beast/natascha and vaccinator damage resistances
>flame particles are STILL broken
>fists of steel healing penalty doesn't work at all and overheal penalty only applies while fists are out
>diamondback can still crit at long distance despite the ambassador being nerfed for that same reason
>valve comp is still a hot mess
>the janitor at valve is the only person working on the game anymore

Behold.

here you go fren

Are we posting TF2 fanart now?

Is being able to consistently ctap a worthwhile skill?

ass we can

That was pretty gay.

>go as aggressive as possible
>this strategy wins me two matches in the eviction notice event

playing passively would just lower your health and make you an easier target, you gotta go in there fast and whittle their health down while you still have most of yours.

>half the enemy team operates like they're on adderrall
>get airshot four times while ubered by the same soldier, launching me from point D to point A

2020's Heavy Update should flesh out the Fat Scout subclass.

I'm still salty the pyro update didn't delete pyro

no, it should not.

what the fuck about the tf2 comics are "lolxdrandumb"?

lmao tom jones, omg the soldier snapped his neck! the soldier lives with a wizard lol! but the wizard is at tom jones' house now! rofl!!!!!!!

Random isn't the same as outlandish, retard.

absudist humor != lolsorandumb

>it's not random because I say so!
ok there are plenty of other examples but hey you'll just say they aren't random despite being so!

>tfw you can't even beat brain-dead w+m1's

It's not random because it doesn't meet the definition of random. It's not /tf2g/'s fault you don't understand what words mean.

It's definitely random humor. Had it been anything but your beloved game characters I think we would be in agreement.

m1 is stronger than ever, you get deleted in less then a second

>made, done, happening, or chosen without method or conscious decision.
Do not return until you have at least a third grade vocabulary.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the writer just thought of random things, such as tom jones, pyro ceo, hot dog costume, etc. and then put them in. So yes, effectively random.

I'm a phlog pyro, and unless I completely get the jump on you or activate crits, it's 100% your own fault if I kill you
git gud fgt

One Tom Jones reference out of nowhere would be random, but Tom Jones is a recurring theme and is relevant to the period the comics are set in. Pyro CEO is a joke stemming from subverted expectations. They claim one of the missing mercs can be found at Frontier Engineering, naturally the reader expects Engineer, it ends up not being Engie. That kind of setup isn't the same as "lol what if pyro were a ceo lmao". Hot dog costume is the only random thing you listed.

Random humor is FG-tier cutaway gags to stuff that has nothing to do with the plot. You've yet to provide a single argument about why TF2 comics are "random humor". So far the only thing "lol so ran dumb" has been your posts.

how do i play on tein without my computer exploding, got on wave 4 and as soon as the gass passers came out my ping jumped from 50 to 190.
this shit is like sujin, pretty but unplayable

Don't play on a potato battery computer, Pablo.

I want a tf3 with all the redundant/bad weapons removed, fixed matchmaking and proper integrated competitive, properly made skins, no fluff and only non-unusual, artsyle-appropriate cosmetics.

Rolling back a few years of updates on TF2 would achieve almost the same effect (except for integrated competitive).

>enforcer
also remember that it doesn't deal extra damage to pain train users

ill miss him. i remember watching gachhi muchi flashes on /f/ right around when i first started playing tf2. why do all of the good ones have to pass?

Daily reminder that:

>Some reskins are empiracally better due to faster projectile speed (Fortified Compound, iron bomber): youtube.com/watch?v=ACfafLuLmy8
>Some reskins are broken due to "weight": youtube.com/watch?v=gR2hMOjWat0
>Pyro flames are still broken
>afterburn nerf does nothing
>dragons fury nerf did nothing
>MvM has been broken forever
>still no team scramble
>the original is a downgrade from the stock
>sticky bombs are still easily spammable and broken
>splash damage is a crutch
>pyros are the only class able to reflect damage, making it broken
>diamondback is still broken while amby was nerfed
>minisentries are still tiny disposable aimbots
>scout leg animations are still broken
>back scatter deals minicrits whereas backburner deals full crits and faster
>backburner airblast penalty is negated by being able to pick up ammo from fallen enemies
>so much more
this game is fucked

Is it possible to have a config script loop a command until i press a key?

>iron bomber
>reskin
Thanks for letting me know early on that your post was stupid

>didn't even watch the video
fucking retard

Not with a wait between each command. It will continuously execute the command. What are you trying to do?

Is using the iron bomber and targe considered using crutches?
With all the pyros around, the resistance is great, plus, you've got a guaranteed escape if things are bad and you miss too many pipes. Plus, the explosive resistance is just extra padding.
The bomber's grenades feel really nice with how they fly, and if I'm trying to take out a sentry, if I don't land a direct, I can still take it out or do some damage with rollers

got work at 10 tomorrow, i'm mad I won't be able to get extra frags in.

billy have you paid your pee pee tax today

how can i change the default HUD damage font without installing an entire hud?

Buddy why would I watch a video if you said something dumb while presenting it
Ah dang, I was hopibg to avoid waits. oh well.

How does competitive play in tf2 work?
So I join a team in ozfortress open league, what then? How many games do you play and when?

tf/custom/damagetext/resource/ui/HudDamageAccount.res

You can google for a HudDamageAccount.res template and go from there. There should be a text file accompanying the .res file, make sure version number in that file is '2'.

>someone asks how to turn on voice chat
>tell them to hold v
>they do just that, turns out they're some kid
>they spend the rest of the match screaming into the mic

Tf2 has a PISS EASY player mute function. Git gud

well you usually get familiarized with 6s before playing in a league
i dont know how ozfortress works, you have to read in their website

Join pugs. That's when you and 11 other people just form teams and play the competitive format in a casual setting. This helps you get acquainted with the format, with communicating, with playing as a team. When you have 5 other people you regularly play pugs with, form a team and join a league, they'll create the bracket and assign you a team to play against, and you'll work out when to play. Everything in TF2 comp is community-organized.

Hey guys, just wanted to say I'm a huge faggot that really loves taking cocks up the mouth and ass

ask people from the ozfortress community about newbie pugs. i have no idea how people start in australia.
you can play Asian pugs if you dont mind the ping too.
also here's a pack of maps you'll need in comp
www87.zippyshare.com/v/knWKmNdo/file.html

How do you aim syringes ?

just look for the big vein in your arm

Pro tip : valve doesn't give a fuck about tf2.

At best, they're throwing a few bucks (compared to the billions valve are making) on clueless dev to vomit shit updates to make the fanbase happy.

At worst, valve made an arrangement with blizzard to let tf2 die in favor of the commercial shit that is overwatch.

can anyone believe that jerma is 32
he looks so fucking young

Really? He looks like an angry old midget. I thought he was in his 40s

Who was in the wrong?

both for allowing whores into their life

star for not realizing that jerma has his own life and cant dedicate all his time just to please star

I don't care, I just want them to kiss and make up already. Better together.

jerma for having a shitty gf
ster for being an ungrateful asshole

It's all Jerma's fault but he's such a likeable fuckin guy that I can't help but blame Star anyway.

agree with all
the shitty thing is that they have the balls to "release" comp MM as a finished product when its still nearly identical to the closed beta.

jerma made some mistakes, maybe his girlfriend isn't all that great, maybe she's causing him to flake, but under no circumstances should any good friend, instead of talking it out with that person, bitch about the situation to their fans on stream and call their girlfriend a succubus and scandalous hoe. that is fucked up.

nah she is a sjw bitch and should be gassed

I haven't watched pretty much any of either of their content, but star always seemed like a self centered asshole from what I did see.

this desu
also jermas gf might seem like a cunt
but thats only from what we see on stream
they might very well have great chemistry off stream
cant really blame him for falling in love with someone
which is what star neglected, he thinks he its all about him rather than actually realizing that jerma has his own damn life

youtube.com/watch?v=t9HUyHmLFzA

How do I have fun in casual servers again?
I try playing something like melee heavy, but one of the four enemy Pyros will melt me down in a second. I used to use the parachute + whip (because of its increased range and 80% crit chance), but they nerfed the parachute to the point it's just unfun, now that loadout blows.

I always end up just going Soldier and pubstomping a 30 kill streak like an asshole.

Mobility scout
Kamikaze soldier
Flank pyro
Jumper demo
Anti-hacker heavy
Tech engi
Self-sufficient medic
Instagib sniper
Spy has nothing fun

Every class has options vastly different from their usual or optimal playstyle, you just have to find them

correction
spy is fun

spy is use box to hide on paoint
like a week ago i blocked the point for 4 mins

Fuck me you're right
I guess spy is P2W then

>be spy
>streaman
>see a f2p engi
>bout to do the dumbest shit and uncloak behind him for the lols and teach my streamers why f2ps are retarded
>he turned back and bashed me with his crit wrench
>went on and dominated me for the rest of the match with his widowmaker
can you fucking assholes stop making alts

>be spy
stopped reading there

>streamers