/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html
>Tekken 7 Confirmed for EVO Sunday Spot
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2018/2/6/tekken-7-returns-to-evo-this-year-in-the-sunday-arena.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

remember to drink water!!

Really happy that the Eleague showed to EVERYONE IN THE WORLD that Speedkicks, Anakin and Joey Fury are fucking hacks

Hey Joey Fury is good, leave him alone

Rip is right, Speedkicks Kazumi is terrible and his Hwo is a million times better

Friendly reminder that Bryan is mid tier at best.

Good at losing against waifoos players, yes

He might have won if he switched to Paul. Cuddle knows the paul match up way to well.

I don't mean he's bad but he's not as good as people claim him to be. Idk why Aris is hyping him so much when he's just a watered down US version of Saint

Meant to say she knows the jack match up too well. I need to fucking proof read. I type way faster then I think. I also disagree. He's probably 2nd best in the US. Pretty sure he has a win over one of the Koreans too? I forget who.

I wish throws weren't a gimmick in Tekken. It's still one of the most baffling things about this game to me.

In 2017 maybe but this year he doesn't seem as good
Well we'll see at the TWT but imo we'll see new faces in the finals this time

Joey plays absolutely nothing like Saint. Joey takes bigger risks, isn't as mobile, and plays a more ranged game with Jack compared to Saints hyper mobile bully style on Jack. Joey's Jack is more like Noromas if anything but he plays it more reserved where as Noroma goes HAM. Not to mention Joey gets really wild on his secondaries like Gigas and Paul.

Joey is easily the second best American in my opinion. He's not afraid to make big plays which players like Anakin never do in the clutch or from behind.

How is this a gimmick? Everyone at a decent lvl can break throws, unless some mixups shit like King

I'm still fucking reeling from how badly shadow embarrassed fab's squad.

it's like Naps>>shadow>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fab and everyone on his team

shit was wild.

>Everyone can break throws
Exactly
A throw should not be reactable, it should be a broken on a good read. I dont understand the logic in doing that. I mean they are aleady duckable too. It's like they wanted throws a complete joke.

They were pretty much the "out of practice crew" but god damn that was pretty embarrassing. Shadow played phenomenally today but some of them really underperformed, namely Fab disappointed me.

Part of it also feels like they really had no experience with Claudio.

I do want to give them some credit as a team especially since I like fab and inkog. But they did look out of practice and I was thinking during the matches "well shit man how often do you honestly get to practice against fucking claudio"

it's like if jae showed up with the gigas bruv. if he started doing all the weird moves and creating some unpracticed situations...oh my days

Shadow is a beast though.
And don't bring up Jae please... he would have made a pact with the opponent team to win. Guy's a king at collusion

Well Shadow is apparently a known quantity among those who have played against him. You have this weekend's performance, his game against (an albeit jetlagged) Saint, Rip knew of him, and CuddleCore originally wanted to draft him as her second pick. But yeah it REALLY felt like the majority of them were incredibly uncomfortable in the matchup, especially Fab. Literally their whole team couldn't keep it in their pants during the starburst launcher and got hit by the second part of the launcher.

I want to lick Lili's feet!

I saw that a happen quite a bit. Obviously adapting live and on stage is a whole other ballgame, but yeah, each one of them kept walking into that two part launcher with the weird spinning top hit effect (never played claudio but it looks like it would be a 1+2 type move). You figure they'd eventually respect it sooner or later.

>When you want to play Jack with Feng as a secondary but that's Noromas composition
I'll never get to be a special snowflake

Did anyone watch Aris restream? Anything worthwhile?

What that is is with starburst Claudio gains an extension to f+1+2 that is a safe on block launcher with a special property that sets them up for combo and doesn't use up the screw. The thing is yes you can delay it but they just straight up weren't respecting the launcher and kept eating massive damage because that launcher usually gives like 70 some odd damage without wall. None of them respected it and attacked in between, it reminded me of my own personal scrub problem where I have a bad habit of trying to do something before the second hit of Katarina's hopkick. To top it off they also all fell for the low launcher on starburst which is not a natural combo. They all felt like they just really didn't know what Claudio did, and it didn't help that after the fact I would say Shadow is better than pretty much that whole team except Fab. I would say he's at least on equal footing with Rickstah and P. Ling if not better than them, but closer than Jackie Tran who is washed up and Inkog who is thoroughly out of practice.

yeah, you got to watch him eat pizza on stream

>Anything worthwhile?
What? It was just his usual commentary.

So it's a safe bet that the copycat character for the week is going to be a bunch of people trying out Claudio, right?

That eleague host was awful desu

i think bryan and claudio will see more player pick them up

Is there a more ""based"" character than Paul? I think not!

>demoted a guy in multiple characters to the point he ragequit
>feel nothing but sadness as i wish he doesnt quit

i wish they dont, i dont want more people playing my main and forcing other to learn his few gimmicks.

Yeah, she was trash. Was really awkward.

what pizza?

>mid tier
he is lowtier

Is heihachi the best character to practice electrics with? Because kazuya has that shorter input

all the other mishimas beside kazuya do the electric in the same way

So what becomes of Jin and Asuka?

cousins? or love interest? something like Jun and Kazuya?

round table

far distnace Cousins,asuka love interest spot is already taken by Feng

Love triangle with Lili. Love will be the central theme of T8. Covering all sorts of love from man-robot to mother-test tube son, it will be Harada's magnum opus and a watershed moment in fighting game history.

this. Asuka is Feng's wife

Gonna pick up Asuka because she never fails to piss people off. Wish me luck, bros!

remember to pound your chest furiously everytime you win a round.

>tfw got my ass kicked by someone trying out eliza who was basically just fucking with me the whole time
>just kept doing the divekick into dickjab over and over
>or the low kick into some cancel over and over
goddammit

Will I ever obtain Ultra Instict and block / low parry everything without thinking?

It doesn't get easier if you want the truth.

It's called adderall not ultra instinct m8

>Swallow too much Adderall and you transform into a being that literally sees every frame

p-p-p-parry

parry my ass, daddy

ill parry my dick into your ass

I'm sorry but I'm having a lot of trouble concentrating on what you're actually trying to say when you're bringing up things like 'chest' and 'pounding' in relation to Asuka.

he means pound her long dick

this

how do i play normal tekken?

Having some troubles with dragunov, besides d+2 what else i'm supposed to use after his iwr2? what's his mid CH or meaty mid to continue after it?

Jin still hasn't fucked Ling who basically bends over in front of him begging for it. He's not worried about girls. Jin is enlightened. Almost as enlightened as Lars, who saw through the faults of normal girls and went for the robot.

i'd give you a meaty mid if you know what I mean

Lars is one of us

Like, for a sandwich? no thanks i just had something to eat.

eat my ass, daddy

yellow - bad
orange - pretty damn mediocre. ur getting there tho
red - you have some good movement. not a big egg sucker
purple - ur pretty good at t7

i think dragunov b+1+2 was the other mid that was plus on block , then you have b4,2,1
b4,3 as mixups but one of this i think is not a Natural combo they are CH confirmable. safe on block, and you can mixup with b4,2 to keep people from ducking. i dont play dragunov though.

last time you tried to explain it you got destroyed

A character with a literally unwinnable 0-10 matchup cannot be higher than mid.

Is it scrubby to use d2,1 after flash or is it who gives a shit

what's bryan unwinnable 0-10 matchup

There's no such thing as "practice against Claudio"
If you have good fundamentals and learned Claudio ONCE then you're good.
They played like shit.

Why, Asuka of course.

the meme was the other way around

whats the point of comparing anyone to the most dishonest character in the game

Is it not the case that Bryan cannot open up Asuka without snake edge due to Asuka being able to easily launch all of Bryan's lows? Therefore, Bryan has no way to deal damage against Asuka, and you surely cannot win without dealing damage.

oh youre talking about the retard who said "why duck as asuka when you can b3", right right

I've been practising electrics for about 40 minutes a day and starting to feel like it's a huge waste of time unless you really want to play mishimas

You are not wrong

>If I master EWGF and then play a character that doesnt have it it'll have been a waste of time
No fucking shit?

You are not wrong also wavedashing is as important as the electric and is a fucking pain in the ass to learn how to do both consistenly and fast enough on the other player side-

>FW posts a video of him playing
>Paul
>Bob
>Bryan
>Another Bob
Orange is fucking full of fraud characters even in Japan

>bryan
>fraud
he is mid tier at best user

bryan is literally below chloe in tiers

you're mid tier at best user

>hey mom I posted it again

Why does Bryan even exist? He's low tier and Josie is a direct upgrade.

>pick Bryan
>be at +5
>literally can't do anything
this character sucks I'm back to Lars, at least I have a fucking chance of winning the game with him.

>ignores the heihachi player
nice cherrypicking

you can stop with this bryan shit now

That Heihachi player was clearly losing on purpose, did you watch the game? I've faced literal kyus in player matches that have tried harder than that

Remember, FW is a POS4 player
Good players in Asia are all on PC.

But your point of that post was player demographics, so how he played doesn't matter. There was a Hei player, end of story.

r e e e e
e
e
e
e

this actually triggered me a lil good job
real talk though how do i even play lars optimally
i got the wall carry combos for pretty much any distance down, but the only reliable way i'm getting damage as lars when i play is with whiff-punishes and stray lows, which is a pittance
at least with steve i also had the big booty counterhits to take advantage of frames, as lars i just feel crippled even though i have better access to launchers and shit, the small pokes aren't enough without something big to complement

>combos combos combos launchers combos
learn how to fucking poke

>implying lars has good pokes

what's the problem with his df1

pokes aren't enough to win games nigga
i know all about poking i main steve ffs
at least with steve when you frustrate your opponent enough you can punish their shit with a big counterhit without risking much for it, whereas lars has to commit to a -14 launcher, a linear as fuck orbital, or the slowest ch move in existance in b4

>pokes (plural)
>list one move

ah so you want to win games, not learn tekken

got you

it's you who picked him