www.games2gether.com
>Planets Stats
imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg
>Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau
>Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA
>Comics
wiki.endless-space.com/comics
>Soundtrack
soundcloud.com/flybyno/sets/endless-space-2-soundtrack
>ES2 prequel
www.games2gether.com/endless-legend/forum/6-game-design/thread/3572-the-last-flight-of-the-gray-owl

STALEARIS
>2.0 Patchnotes:
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-105-2-0-cherryh-patch-notes.1069794/
>2.0 tech tree
imgur.com/lEybGx7.jpg
>Pastebin(mostly outdated):
pastebin.com/YHdisqem
>Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com

ENDLESS LEGEND
>Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
>Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com
endless-legend.wikia.com

CIVILIZATION
>Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
>Civ IV XML fix
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
>Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
>Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
>Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
>District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District

ALPHA CENTAURI
>Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

DISTANT WORLDS : UNIVERSE
pastebin.com/hubsc3ZS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l_5UZfwX0ss
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>There's a reason they call the repeatable techs at the end "infinite".
Yes, those are obviously excluded from the "all".

>build enough habitats to get 5% more minerals
Well yeah, if you could only build mineral stuff on them they wouldn't be nearly so well worth it. But in fact you can build unity and tech buildings, and you can do so at a rate that outpaces their increase to tech, which is pretty hard to consistently obtain any other way.

Which is only a big deal early on.

Wiz is a faggot

They would if the AI used PD.

So, I've discovered the crystalline plating technologies. Should I use that instead of armor, or just keep using armor?

Bullshit. This attrition meme is fucking bullshit.

As a general rule is it worth backfilling planets you control that aren't habitable once you have pops that can colonize them in the midgame?

Or is a century in the game to late for it to be worth it?

Yes. In general you need every pop and every tile you can get for awakened/crisis fights.

I have to agree.

There was a recent kerfuffle on the official forums regarding someone learning that the AI cheats; it gets reduced maintenance costs even on normal. This after Wiz repeatedly stated the AI on normal does not cheat and doesn't "get fleets gifted to them."

He missed the point it's not about how he worded it. It's the fact he lied about them cheating on normal. He was being totally political about it.

He's a shithead, I have no respect for him anymore. He lied once, he cannot be trusted.

topcuck, warfare is fucking SHIT

>having trust in parakikes
>ever

I don't even understand what the fuck did they mean by 'attrition' and 'war exhaustion' when I literally lost ZERO ships or space stations or anything whatsoever during the war. I wouldn't complain if these things were result of actually something, not just ticking bullshit to prevent player from killing everyone in one war.

I mean, it doesn't even give debuffs. What the absolute fuck.

FEs do

wiz

A face worthy of crowbar swing.

So, I made it so that a devouring swarm, fanatical purifier, obsessive assimilator, and determined exterminator will spawn in my game; hopefully that will keep things interesting with some wars popping up with a shifting balance of power.

That, or I'll get overrun, with my relatively weak starting bonus.

Either way, should be interesting to see.

>ticking bullshit to prevent player from killing everyone in one war.
You can still do that, the mechanic to keep the player from taking everything in one war is the claims system, not the war exhaustion system. In terms of conquering the new system makes it easier than ever, all you have to do it claim it and occupy it and then go for status quo. I almost never have wars won via the actual proper wargoal now, just occupy + status quo.

Literally the face of soy

Wheoever he livestreamed with is even more numale

Do Unitary minded Hiveminds, a single minded machine intelligence get war exhaustion? How does that work?

Everyone gets war exhaustion. Militarist is an extremely powerful ethic now because it gives reduced war exhaustion, and considering how pitiful most battle/occupation WE is compared to attrition (ticking) it means that you can pretty much win any war just by doing nothing and waiting.

Well, I am playing this game for the first time after about 1.04? or so, when it was taking several minutes to process one day-turn. The warfare is still fucking shit (paradox, duh) but better, but I don't get what's the fucking point of this WE system when it doesn't do anything but forces you to """white peace""" when it doesn't even make sense. The conditions for acquiring total war-tier CB are unclear too, I, as assimilator AI empire, had to get colossus perk to access it. Doesn't make much sense.

And then the game is fucking bugged as always, e.g. after defeating enigmatic fortress nothing happened, the even chain simply refused to start and the thing rebooted endlessly albeit intermittenly. I hate paradox.

They do, even if that doesn't make sense. Don't ask paradox for things that do, you'll be disappointed.

ive never actually found WE be to be a problem in 2.0.
isnt it tied to navy cap? just get more cap than your enemies and you win

The habitable planet types are pretty dull... just Earth biomes but spread across the whole planet. Why can't the toxic planets and the lava planets be colonized by sufficiently hardy races like in MOO?

>and considering how pitiful most battle/occupation WE is compared to attrition (ticking) it means that you can pretty much win any war just by doing nothing and waiting.
Jesus is this real? 2.0.2 right?

What a broken fucking patch.

>isnt it tied to navy cap?
If you go over it you take extra WE from losses, but otherwise it's independent of navy cap. If two empires with the same level of militarist attack each other and never fight a space battle, both will tick to 100% WE at the same time because of the retarded way that occupation gives both attacker and defender (the same amount of) WE. Ground battles gives WE to the attacker exclusively, while space battles typically give a tiny amount of WE to the side that lost more ships.

In my current game, I'm playing a species that uses genetic engineering to turn other species into itself -- not as a hivemind, but under the conceit that their species is somehow spiritually pure, and that by sharing this "communion" of genetic traits, they can save the galaxy.

It's pretty cool.

Respectfully Disagree x1

so it was changed in 2.02?

Sweet, I just wormholed into a disgustingly rich area of space and I'm putting all my resources into grabbing it right now. 3 Colonies up and running at the moment, and that's just the start.

>have construction ship and science vessel in system; surveying, preparing to build outpost
>pirates spawn right as system is almost surveyed
>construction and science emergency FTL out

>they don't return at the nearest system
Okay, that's a bit annoying, but sure.

>they don't return at the nearest starbase
A bit more annoying, but fin.

>They don't return to the nearest shipyard in jumps
What the fuck is this bullshit?

>They return to the nearest shipyard in absolute euclidean distance
WIZ YOU ABSOLUTE FUCK
THE ENTIRE FUCKING UPDATE WAS ABOUT BASING THE GAME AROUND HYPERMEMES
AND YOU FORGOT TO MAKE EMERGENCY FTL TAKE THAT INTO ACCOUNT

I'm going to wind up playing MOO2 again if I keep thinking about it. I loved the situations you could get when the only way to claim a world was to colonize it, like when the rock people would colonize a lava planet in one of "your" systems and then you'd have to bomb them off of it because you couldn't land troops on a lava planet.

What's a MOO2, anyway? Sounds intresting enough.

emergency ftl is euclidean, after all its not hypermemes is it

Sensors are fucking hypermemes now, user.
Why the fuck wouldn't emergency FTL be the same?
If they could emergency FTL jump their way safely through deep space, why the fuck isn't warp a thing anymore.

You just don't understand space

Master of Orion.

NO U

But how would that be balanced in multiplayer ???

*sigh*

emergency teleport, aint gotta explain shit

I think "Pacifist" civs should be allowed to take claims/planets in wars of Aggression; it should just be more expensive, in terms of influence/warscore than for militarist civs.

Think of it along the lines of "they just cut us off from a whole sector of space by taking that one key system". Strictly speaking in terms of gameplay and "multiplayer balance". Being unable to contest a VERY VERY important system means that, unless they're very lucky with neighbor placement, that they're incapable, in some ways, of playing the game.

In prior patches, Pacifist civs could take either Warp Drives or use Space-gate-wormhole stations to avoid being cutoff completely by sector placement. While obviously the point of making everyone use Sector placement was precisely so that such important systems could be seized, reinforced, and fought over- the issue is that with a Pacifist civ- they have no way of contesting it. They can't go around roadblocks, like they previously had the option to.

While you might argue that this is philosophically a bit accurate; the issue remains that if you're balancing the game around "multiplayer", it doesn't serve a purpose to have an entire civilization model be incapable of pursing vital strategic systems; or interacting in any fashion with other civs to purse strategic goals (like acquiring choke points of their own to build defensively in).

Making it more expensive makes sense; perhaps even a happiness penalty, or removal of some of the benefits of pacifism; while in a war of aggression if you're pacifist, or even if you change you stance to unrestricted warfare.

Thoughts?

I fucking hate this meme about balancing for multiplayer taking priority over balancing for singleplayer.

When the game is dead, all people will play is singleplayer. That, and better AI for singleplayer should be the priority. But that would require real work.

take it back

Fix the AI soyboy

post federations map
funny that this time around Viss might actually save my Raqsha Space

>1. On a side note, in Starship troopers, did the federation launch the asteroid at Earth; starting the conflict?
>2. In the absence of technology, or more specifically interstellar travel, how could the bugs ever invade Earth territories?
In the movie, the only thing we're told is the bug did launch the asteroid, there's really no reason to think otherwise.
The bugs do have FTL. How else would they be spreading in the galaxy and attacking human colonies, user?

>mfw the Rixi are so passive.
I just play them much more aggressively than the AI, I guess. I always had a blast with them before 2.0.

>When the game is dead
It has been since launch.

Is there a way to make the strategic resources spawn in clusters again?
It seems to me in 2.0 (and maybe 1.9, I think), strategic resources just spawn anywhere. Before they just used to spawn in clusters and it wasn't rare for an empire to claim most of a single resource, and you could trade for them.
Now all I see is the resources spread all over the galaxy, and whenever an empire gets some, it's just one and so it can't be traded at all. And there's way not enough for everyone.

Literally nobody ever plays multiplayer outside of the Paradox office, but that's what they play since they can call it work, so that's what they care about.

Lmao

ayy'd soon

>start a game with the intention of forming a multiracial federation, just for a change
>galaxy is full of cunts
>only friend is the black cock mushrooms

mod it out until the next patch drops
or just declare total war, in which case you keep everything occupied

i think they put them in nebulas more

That exactly was a total war; the thing I'm annoyed about is that the war ended for no plausible reason. Attrition my ass, with zero losses.

What if the reason we can't find alien life is because we live in a galactic fishbowl and aliens are blocking us?

1. Bugs could have spread on geologic timescales before the advent of human ftl. Unlikely.

2. Someone might have designed and seeded them on multiple worlds, for some reason. Possibily as a weapon that was either misplaced, control was lost of, or was forgotten.

3. The human military dictatorship needs an enemy to remain in power. The reason de atire of a military is to fight. The world is at peace; yet huge investments are being made in warships, armed orbital rings, ship facilities, etc.
These are all presumably very expensive- yet no enemy exists.

What do they do? They make one. Find a bug species on a world (or engineer one). Plant them on a few semi-viable worlds. Suddenly you have an enemy to fight.

The existence of a ground based anti-ship bug equipped with the bug equivalent of anti-capitalship weapons indicates that they are very likely intelligently engineered; unless the hiveminds somehow managed to obtain that level of genetic engineering understanding and ability to manipulate genetic code, and the principles of science, in the absence of experimentation, to understand the principles necessary to design such a bug.

Regardless of their origin, in the absence of FTL, there is no way the bugs could have launched the asteroid. It's very possible that the military, and the powers the controlled soceity, wanted a war- so they gave themselves a reason to have one- by committing a false flag black op to blame it on the bugs.

>Or maybe it's just psychic powers and my suspicion regarding 9/11 leaking through.

youtube.com/watch?v=l_5UZfwX0ss

Yeah, considering there is literally no attrition mechanic at all it is pretty fucking retarded.

LEX WHEN

>hurr why was I battle where I lost two times as many ships as my enemy considered a defeat!? They retreated that means I won!

The problem is this utterly destroys any flavor of having a swarm type empire where you use loads of cheap ships. But hey the game is balanced for flavorless multiplayer right?

if you want to rp jsut rp

Loads of cheap units have way higher survival rate than bigger ships.

A simple solution to that would be ethics and civics having an effect on it, which it's real fucking dumb they don't.
A hivemind obviously should care a lot less about drones dying in mass compared to a fanatic egalitarian.
Calls to dump the system completely are fucking stupid though.

That is one painfully familiar design. They just added a fucking ring.

The simplest reason still is "the bugs launch the asteroid through FTL and manages to invade human worlds through FTL".

whats the new meta homies

>>undefined
what

>>undefined
Wot

Did the thread shit duplicate itself for anybody else?

The fuck just happened to the thread. Did Hiroshimoot just install new malware?

just F5 guys

no

>the Imperial Fleet starts playing

Probably wiz' fault

I have an Atomic age species in a system where I have two other fully inhabited planets.

If I uplift them, it says they take the entire system. What happens if I just let time take its course and they reach FTL technology on their own?

For that matter, shouldn't they be able to tell that there's a starbase and two other fully inhabited planets in their own solar system?

What's the best strategy in this situation?

Invade them.

Reminds me of webcomic where tabletop gamer from our world gets transported into a unvierse that works on tabletop/turnbased strategy logic. He makes huge gains for faction that is on brink of being wiped out. At one point Faction Leader is furious how the guy sent all/most of their dragons out, started dozen battles and lost them all. Then he gets told that their faction suffered exactly zero casualties. Their enemy however lost most of their siege equipment, as guy ordered the units to attack them and retreat immediately when they took too much damage and risked losing their own. **It didn't go that well as the damaged dragons ended turn in place they thought was secure but one of the main characters on other side finds them kills them** **Said Webcomic is called Erfworld haven't checked it in years after problems with artist forced the writer/creator to churn out text-based updates instead of comic pages that I was too lazy to read**

It's not. It's balanced for single player, so even a monkey like you can use it right.
By the way, it's bad form hacking your game to gut the strategies your coworkers use to beat you.

>preparing to cyborgize

Metal

>lefty cuck Wiz
>Maga hat

Im sorry, am i missing something here ?

Shared system.

But I'm a Xenophile. Literally half my population is in the Xeno Friendship faction, I have like 15 separate species in my nation. 10 years of legalized invasion of inferior cultures will be a constitutional crisis.

Yes.
They were riding the trump meme with a hat that said make space great again.

It's a parody hat that says Make Space Great Again.

It's a Make Space Great Again hat, user, not MAGA.
It was a funny joke when the evil fascist Drumpf was sure to lose to the perfect most benevolent virgin Hillary.

>Make space great again isn't funny anymore.
>t. wiz

Okay then uplift them and integrate them ten years later

>>Make space great again isn't funny anymore.
Has he said that somewhere?

Ahh i get it now.

I was suprised, after all one guy got banned for life from Games Done Quick fo wearing MAGA hat. That that lefty cuck would actually had the balls to do that.
But that explains it.

Does that really surprise you?

Yeah, I guess that's what I'll have to do. If they got to space on their own they'd just declare independence and take my other two planets with them, wouldn't they?

I want that quote
lol

Thank you.

Which are the best ruler traits?

e.g.

+10% Mineral
+10% Credits
Spacer miner (-25% mining station cost)
Expansionist (Outpost & Starbase build cost -15%)

First time playing, is this a good empire setup?

Resource traits are always good, miner and expansionist are only good when claiming systems and expanding your borders

Space miner by far in the early game. It jumpstarts you mineral income super hard.

>egalitarian
It's fucking horrible.

Why are you thanking him? He posted that dumb Horatio meme instead of Wiz