Why do people believe that China discovered steel?

When we know it was actually the Anatolians back in 1800 BC: "Akanuma, H. (2005). "The significance of the composition of excavated iron fragments taken from Stratum III at the site of Kaman-Kalehöyük, Turkey". Anatolian Archaeological Studies. 14: 147–158."

Other urls found in this thread:

china.org.cn/top10/2011-03/04/content_22054243_5.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kebab.
mbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2016/04/21/molbev.msw055.full
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seima-Turbino_phenomenon
web.archive.org/web/20130723152823/http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/001200903261611.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bactria-Margiana_Archaeological_Complex#Material_culture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sogdian_alphabet
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>things were only invented once

>discovered
Can you read?

Because chinkposters try to spread this meme that everything came from China
See:
>noodles
>gunpowder

So, a Chinese conspiracy to pollute history?

Yes.

What next, English?

>It was actually discovered in ancient Chinese text dating to 10,000 BCE.

>things were only discovered once
Is that better?

>Why do people believe that China discovered steel?
Says who? Not even the Chinese make these claims.

But people still make the remark:
>China invented/discovered steel.
>What is the internet?
Literally, your argument is based on "forgive their ignorance."
No, no, if they want to make a claim, they better have their fucking facts straight or I'm going to BTTFO.

>China don't claim it:
"6: Iron and steel smelting"
china.org.cn/top10/2011-03/04/content_22054243_5.htm

>But people still make the remark:
>>China invented/discovered steel.
Well china did invent steel, they just weren't the only ones to do it. That link you posted, for example, says nothing about the Chinese being the first to invent it, just that they invented it. Early China developed largely in isolation and invented a lot of things independently rather than adopting them from outside.

I think you're confusing the invention of steel with the invention of the blast furnace and cast iron, both of which the Chinese were the first to do.

>>What is the internet?
>Literally, your argument is based on "forgive their ignorance."
>No, no, if they want to make a claim, they better have their fucking facts straight or I'm going to BTTFO.
I have absolutely no idea what these sentences mean or how they relate to anything I said.

>china.org.cn/top10/2011-03/04/content_22054243_5.htm
Wow, it just says they started on steel at some point. Not inventing it.

Why would the Chinks claim such a thing when they fucking know they were some of the main civilizations latest to the Steel Game given that the materials for Bronzemaking in China was so abundant?

This is just a Turkroach thread, right? You do know those ancient anatolians have no bearing to you guys nowadays right? A country with a mismash of Anatolian races founded by people considered barbarian niggers in Asia.

So, you're making a clear distinction between:
>Unique invention: those that have not been replicated elsewhere, without prior knowledge.
>Fundamental inventions, those that have been discovered in different places around the globe without prior knowledge.
Correct?

Fuck you, we still invented the best food on globe: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kebab.

I've never heard of those names before, but yeah, some things like the car or gunpowder were only invented once, others like writing or metallurgy arose independently at different times.

In that case, I perfectly agree.

Kebab is still the best food though, obviously.

Chinese don't claim this

Your source clearly states that they made steel at an early time, not that they discovered it.

see .

The irony is modern day northern Han Chinese are genetically closer to the ancient Turkics tribes than Anatolian Turks.

Source, user, where is my sauce?

Buryats,Altains and Tuvans are used as proxies. mbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2016/04/21/molbev.msw055.full

Mongolic speakers assimilated the indigenous Turkic and Yenesian speaking populations of Mongolia.

Well, you learn something new everyday, user, thank you.

Anatolian Turks for reference.

Genetics sure does turn up some strange results, user. The most amusing is when 'pure' /pol/acks discover their long lost Sub-Saharan substrate(s). :')

>Fyi, I'm a shitposting Cornish-Gaelic mix, not a Turkroach.

>Genetics sure does turn up some strange results, user.
Genetics doesn't always correlate with linguistics.

The Turkicfication of Anatolia isn't anything new ,Oghuz Turkics are descended from Turkified Eastern Iranics.

No Turkish, aren't the Turkish that they'd like to be Turkish. Now, that is very amusing.

*Now the Turkish
>Sorry, I'm rather tired, it is almost 6:30am here.

Chinese Steel Manufacturing was domestically "invented" and continuously practiced to the modern day. Anatolian steel manufacturing isn't what led to modern European steel manufacture. It was "lost" at one point.
Thats not the whole reason though, for years it widely was thought the chinese were the first producers of steel, and the idea that there were earlier western took a while to become common knowledge in the field...probably, that last part is guessing...because it happens all the time in the field of history and especially pop history

>Early China developed largely in isolation and invented a lot of things

Afanasevo early Indo-Europeans, metal-use, horses and wheeled vehicles, and cultural relations with Kurgan steppe cultures, the Afanasevans were Indo-European-speaking.[7] Afanasevo were genetically indistinguishable from Yamnaya people. Afanasevo were responsible for the introduction of metallurgy to China.

>Numerous scholars have suggested that the Afanasevo were responsible for the introduction of metallurgy to China.

Afanasevo and/or the Andronovo culture were responsible for the introduction of metallurgical technology into China, by way of the Tarim peoples (Peng 1998,[8] Bunker 1998,[9] Mei and Shell 1998,[10]).[11]

So, the Chinese DID NOT invent, nor discover it, their use of it was based off of the previous discovery of the
Afanasevo people?

Who believes this? I've never heard anyone claim this even once

there was an ancient silk road of west to east transmission

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seima-Turbino_phenomenon
The earliest known production of steel are pieces of ironware excavated from an Hittite/Hattic archaeological site in Anatolia (Kaman-Kalehoyuk) and are nearly 4,000 years old, dating from 1800 BC

Hideo Akanuma, an archaeologist at the Iwate Prefectural Museum, said the fresh finding led to a change in the history of iron and steel production, noting that such production was earlier thought to have begun in the Hittite kingdom dating in the 14th to 12th centuries B.C.

web.archive.org/web/20130723152823/http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/001200903261611.htm

The Afanasevo did not have steelmaking capabilites. wtf do the Alfanasevo have to do with this thread?

Also, Chinese people don't claim to have been the first to invent steel, they claim to have invented an early version of the Bessemer Process, which is likely true based on historical records.

some inventions these western "barbarians" introduced to the chinese:
>the wheel
>steel, copper, metallurgy (production)
>chariot
>composite bow and other advanced weaponry
>farming techniques
>equestrianism

Chinese are shit-tier liars?

OP is a shit-tier sameposter?

>t. Cho Ching

>some inventions these western "barbarians" introduced to the chinese
They didn't introduce them directly. Technology would have to go through pastoralist intermedaries to reach the Chinese.

>bronze metallurgy
Middle East

>spoked wheel,chariots,composite bow,ferrous metallurgy
No argument here.

>farming techniques
Went both ways. Millet,apricots,soybeans and rice spread westward.

>equestrianism
Taken from the Botai culture

>Be steppenig.
>"Introduce agriculture to the Chinese."
>Chinks become an advanced civilization.
>Somehow you guys are still in Mad Max Steppenigger mode.
Hmm...

>In which a single roach engages in a riveting conversation with himself
Put this shit on Nat Geo

Merv/Bactria/SogDiana was the center of Asiatic civ
it got KHAN'd

also Chinese characters....

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bactria-Margiana_Archaeological_Complex#Material_culture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sogdian_alphabet

The discovery of a single tiny stone seal (known as the "Anau seal") with geometric markings from the BMAC site at Anau in Turkmenistan in 2000 led some to claim that the Bactria-Margiana complex had also developed writing, and thus may indeed be considered a literate civilization. It bears five markings strikingly similar to Chinese "small seal" characters, but such characters date from the Qin reforms of roughly 100 AD, while the Anau seal is dated by context to 2,300 BCE. It is therefore an unexplained anomaly. The only match to the Anau seal is a small jet seal of almost identical shape from Niyä (near modern Minfeng) along the southern Silk Road in Xinjiang, assumed to be from the Western Han dynasty.[11]

How is this relevant to the original topic? And more importantly, who cares? The Chinese written language is shit, if anything this vindicates them, because at least they weren't the ones responsible for the invention of such a shitty system. Although, that being said, I highly doubt 5 symbols would remain similar over 2000 years. More likely than not, 5 squiggles out of thousands during the Qin reform happend to be similar to those five earlier squiggles.

WE

>WUZ CHINKS AND SHIET

Genetically bronze to neolithic age anatolians still dominate asia minor. neolithic farmers hablogroup is the most dominant.

Similar to celtic memes benig dominant in england despite the germanic migrations.

Source?

The ancestors of the East Asians developed agriculture independently.

Kek this retard again.

>It bears five markings strikingly similar to Chinese "small seal" characters, but such characters date from the Qin reforms of roughly 100 AD, while the Anau seal is dated by context to 2,300 BCE.
Superficial similarity between the Anau and Qin script isn't enough to make sweeping conclusions.

The Anau script would have to evolve into the Oracle bone script and back into the Qin script.

>ive markings strikingly similar to Chinese "small seal" characters, but such characters date from the Qin reforms of roughly 100 AD, while the Anau seal is dated by context to 2,300 BCE.

I like how they assume the Anau script haven't evolved after more than 2000 years.

>Similar to celtic memes benig dominant in england despite the germanic migrations.
that's because most brits still descend from the pre-roman, pre-anglo saxon populations. most of the latter are found on the eastern shores of england.

that's because the turkic tribes were more east asian, turkey turks are primarily a mixture of the different populations that inhabited anatolia.

Iron != Steel.
Ferro metallurgy is not the strong side of Veeky Forums

>Ferro metallurgy is not the strong side of Veeky Forums
What IS the strong side of Veeky Forums?

I see so much nonsense posted on this board it makes /pol/ looks smart and well educated.

Yes, but then lots of people have wrong ideas about the iron age and Archeo-metallurgy.
>fun fact, the first reliable process for steel production was invented in southern India, ca. 300 BC.

Does OP have a mental issue that makes him autistically enraged by anything Chinese people say?

>it makes /pol/ looks smart and well educated.
I'm willing to forgive a lot of Veeky Forums stupid because history can be a remarkably deep subject, yet at the same time it LOOKS easy enough that everyone wants to jump in on it. Basically it's easier for dumb people to feel smart on Veeky Forums than Veeky Forums.