POLONIEX SCAM SITE?

Something fishy going down.
Lots of people complaining about missing coins in the chat.
Daily "DDos attacks"
Strange chart patterns

Something isn't right. Has anyone here lost money or had issues? I've been fine so far, but I might try an withdraw my Coins anyway.

Litecoin is doing something similar.

My guess is this:
Lots of people are cashing out alt->btc and then btc->fiat. Polo probably still has large holdings of coins like xrp and ltc from recent pumps they incited, so now they're desperately trying to keep those market afloat before they can finish dumping their holdings and/or setting up short positions.

The only safe plays I can see at this moment is buying ETH which is "guaranteed" to pump again soon enough, or shorting LTC which is still way overextended after the segwit pump.

An user had insight in another thread

Basically those 'ping pongs' there are algos/bots doing their shit based on the indicators employed

Note that live human traders were locked from the exchange for a bit so its ALGO ONLY in that pic

>Note that live human traders were locked from the exchange for a bit so its ALGO ONLY

WOW

That has all the earmarks of a bank run

y'all' got Gox'd

People still keep their money on Polo?

What the hell is wrong with you guys?

get your shit OUT of exchanges and put them in their respective desktop wallets!

There was also a post on some fucker lost 50 BTC on some margin trading or some shit and some fucker tried to buy some altcoins while the price was good and the site goes down!
Site is shady asf stay away from srsly

I only trade on Bitfinex and Kraken nowadays

Ok, well I just put in a withdraw submission now, and It has been approved and my wallet can see the transaction, though unconfirmed on the blockchain right now.

I've not had any major issues with polo yet, but Better safe than sorry though right?

>I've not had any major issues with polo yet, but Better safe than sorry though right?
Yeah, though there's no point keeping your money there when you can't even trade, lends have tanked to sub 0.05% due to that

This

Any better site where I can lend out my coins?

Quoine for fiat, Bitmex for BTC-USD futures (you can lose money in that, but it should average positively on the long run), Bitfinex for USD/BTC/shitcoins
tbqh I would avoid Bitfinex, they might pull another ICU and scam you

>Bitfinex
I dont trust them either, this is why I parked my shit on Polo.
Rates only seem to be worse (0.08 on Bitfinex vs 0.11 on Polo)
Going to look into Quoine, thanks.

But it seems for BTC that Polo is still the best albeit risky.

Just wait until there is a decentralized exchange on the blockchain itself. There will be no more of this DDoS and hacking nonsense.

polo is shady as fuck.. there have been multiple occasions of lag outs where some "people" get to stack up coins for a low price

What the fuck. Keep your BTC in wallets not on exchanges. Only keep your alt and shit coins on polo. Those fucking Russian Commie Dogs will rob you blind.

How am I supposed to trade/lend from my wallet? I know Waves it's trying to remedy that but we're not there yet

I just emailes them. I bought 50k dgb but theres like 178 coins missing. This has happened on my other coins as well. Looks like they've been scalping everyones coins.

Isn't that what bittsquare is trying to do? If only they actually had users...

Didn't have any trouble with Polo until I had to open a support ticket. Opened it two weeks ago and still haven't had the funds I'm withdrawing deposited to my wallet, but the last reply was asking for details on the amount and address I wanted it sent to so it should hopefully be on it's way whenever my reply is read. Given my experience it would seem their support department is undermanned, but so long as I get my money back in the end I'll be happy. Really liked the site itself, would still be trading there if I could.

They take a percentage of the coins you bought as their trading fee.

Don't they take the btc instead?

They take fees of whatever coin you are buying.

Trading wasn't working for anyone for like 5 hours yesterday, everyone except for some bots who ping ponged the entire time and liquidated a ton of margins. Meanwhile polo is so incompetent they just watched this happen the entire time instead of turning trading off, unbelievable shit.

Yes, (((incompetence)))

Bittrex is breddy good. Lots of coins, and for everyone that the UI isnt that bad, it supports conditional buy/sell. The only thing it needs is more users.

get it out of polo and move to posw before ya get goxxed

What's an alternative to polo?

I've been liking Bittrex, but yah, more volume would certainly be nice. So would margin trading.

Kraken, Bitfinex and Bittrex. There's also a few sketchy ones like Yobit.

The jew coin has big banks using algorithims to trade between each other? Am i supposed to be surprised?

You neets have opened the gates of hell with this coin.

>not understanding that if they take the BTC that means you have less BTC to buy the coins with...
>being this retarded

what happens to stop loss orders when down?

Polo temporarily disables them to stop the userbase from losing millions of dollars.

Note the volumes. During some of those weird chart patterns there was maybe what? A dozen trades that went through. ETH traded less than a total of 200 eth over an hour while polo was shitting the bed again.

Yuuuuge scam.

HFT BOTS RUN YOUR LIFE FEGS

how im supposed to trade with no BTC liquidity in polo?

Polo is sketchy af, they are "DDOSed" when major pumps are going on and always have downtime, I move all my shit to cold storage. When it's time to sell I send to highest paying exchange.

/thread

fucked me hard. fucking polo

how to lose your money
the thread

And all you need is a dna sample and a retina scan to get your money back out.

So legit.

Almost like they were preparing for the inevitable bank run.

wanted to transfere all my money from poloniex to kraken. My Ripple transaction had a minor error and was cancelled.
Im waiting for my coins to get back to my wallet for 2 days. My Support ticket isnt being answered for 26 hrs.

The Support on Poloniex is as shit as their servers. I recommend you guys to leave the sinking ship as soon as possible. Go trade somewhere else. There is bullshit going on and you dont want to lose your money

this

basically all the loudest complainers are ass blasted margin traders betting on the riskiest coins and upset that the sites are having trouble handling the 100x more than normal trading volume

Can't wait for polo to go under and poswallet to rise up from the ashes. You are holding posw, right user?