/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Elevator Music Edition
youtube.com/watch?v=VBlFHuCzPgY
Previous jej:
The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Corneroids
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>Opus Magnum
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Stormworks
>Skywanderers
>TerraTech

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in CLANGhalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vcsyMvQtlKs
youtu.be/vcsyMvQtlKs?t=1107
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wigner_effect
abmpk.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/book_maretial-science-callister.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
youtube.com/watch?v=8e1ktRjeOuI
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Us0LKXpEZ07eWFpUvuUSgaAtT8w9vNs2QlmYWe0H7kU/edit#gid=1378147043
youtube.com/watch?v=_LjN3UclYzU
youtube.com/watch?v=yJKCKKhdN00
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for air cooled nuclear reactors

youtu.be/vcsyMvQtlKs

>2 mins minimum between image posts
>even across threads
wew

breathe

>isis
>youkai
Evil and more evil, match made in heaven, err, hell?

>dude looks visually like a cunt
>all facial hair is around neck, barely any on actual face
>this man is a level 99 neckbeard
>ricer rims on shit truck
I'm not too sure how much more evil this image can get, desu.

youtu.be/vcsyMvQtlKs?t=1107
>energy building up in the graphite core
Wat? Explain the process.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wigner_effect

>Explain
k, I'll explain as if we're both retarded as this is my understanding of what the fuck.
>make thing hot
>thing gets hot
>thing doesn't want to be hot
>or rather the surrounding space doesn't want the thing to be hot depending on frame of reference because dude energy lmao
>attempt to make hot thing not hot from surrounding space
>fuck you nerd its insulated because this shit only works at [x] amount of hot
>gets hot
>melting point of graphite is real high
>real fucking high
>like
>higher than you can count
>air doesn't like that
>cooling prevents meltdown from hot
>air cooling was the way they choose to cool this fucker
>air's brettygud at providing oxygen for fire
>shit can ignite at high temp
>even metal
>dude just shut cooling off lmao
>intended purpose being to make it release the heat more rapidly as the efficiency at which this happens changes at different temperatures and they wanted to avoid a cascade event
>so if the hot is 1, the amount of hot that goes away is, say, 1
>but if the hot is 2 the amount of hot that goes is 3
>hot 10 = 2 hot goes away
>they need to find the perfect balance of this shit with no mistakes
>absolute madmen just eyeballed it for fucking years
>it just werks
>one day keencode activates and it doesn't werk no more
>shit asplode

Way too much material science stuff, but have this:
abmpk.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/book_maretial-science-callister.pdf
Page 81ff for vacancies and self-interstitials, page 432ff for graphite,
The Callister is a must-read for every mechanical engineer.

How the fuck does Stormfags even calculate vessel CoM?

There is a CoM marker now in the editor.
But it's broken...

Exactly my problem. My bote's propellers are aligned perfectly but it keeps skipping out of the water.

>But it's broken...
how the fuck
litterally just average the mass based on position of the blocks. this takes advanced shitcode spengies might even have issues topping

Well, I just use trial and error.

That's disgusting.
So what do I do if my boat keeps skipping out of the water? Lower its CoM/raise its screws?

I more or less placed the CoT (props) more behind the CoM (I just made the boat longer but kept most of the mass in the lower middle).

Someone give me the quick rundown on what happened with the mexican scam artist game mentioned in the op

>he doesn't know

I fucking made it.
This ridiculous monster.
It's 10800 powerscore or more or so, 5 aegises and golden eagle engine.
Shield uptime is about 95% of the time, you can easily fine a 5% window most of the time when an enemy reloads or some shit.

Dual tsunamis (probably dual mammoths too) take out the shield instantly, but do not appear to penetrate shields.
Dual reapers cannot take out the shields alone. Around about four reapers may be required for that.
I have no idea about mandrakes but my expectations are that it can shield against direct hits, but not fire puddles.
I haven't really met anyone who really uses melee at this powerscore. All the highest powerscore builds are using mandrakes, cannons or reapers, really.
Of course, if the shields are taken out, you can just power up your next shield.

Does it work, even against powerscore 13000 faggots?
Yes.

>haha, clang soon!

The truck just has to be a Subaru BRAT and this would be perfect.

This is actually pretty fun.
In one match I
>Stood taunting a distant reaper (and some missilefags) for about a minute as they try to get through shields, until they finally give up, rush our side alone and die
>Went up to a hill with a tsunamifag and took at least 50 fucking missiles for him
>Faceraped a cricketfag who came to kill us/capture point because if the time ran out and they couldn't kill me they'd lose

I fucking love this

>Tee first thought was to blow the flames out
>In retrospect that was not a very good idea
Nuclear engineers in charge of putting out a graphite fire.

RA2lover here. Found out there was a discussion on my Crossout racing early last month, so i figured i could do an AMA for you guys.

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

How many kilometers of dick do you suck daily?

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

>Hovers
Not even once
The game would be so much better if hovers were just fucking removed again god damn.

>hovers
>tripfagging
Remove yourself.

These aren't the chode forums, you don't need a name.

How do I into stormwerk

Get smartsteamemu, or the version posted last thread with the emulator already included

That ensures the M part of the AMA. There's an obvious hate for hovers out there, and this would probably be derailed from the start if i didn't tripfag.

None, really - never spent real money on that game.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

>None, really - never spent real money on that game.
Oh no, see, I didn't ask you how much money you spent. I was inquiring how many penises you perform fellatio on daily.

That's enough (You)s for a lifetime. Do not reply even if you are gay.

Also make scorpions no longer penetrate aegis shields

With no hovers and no scorpfuckery, I can finally rule the world.

None, either. I'm just as virgin as the average newfag is, which also implies being too fat for autofellatio.

Is there any real difference between cyan and yellow beams in OMGWTFBBQ?

>implying newfags are virgins
Newfags are breeder scum here to drive out the enlightened volcels.

Probably damage dealt per second. Maybe the charge they hold. Perhaps the size of the beam.

Don't reply to tripfags

clang, you say

more where that came from

>hmm, let's touch this ro...
>CLANG

I enjoyed breaking stormworks back in the beta

Hey sorry if I missed any requests from the previous thread, a lot were posted while I was asleep. Post again and I promise to make them.

even made a missile launcher
shame I couldn't figure out how into guidance/autopilot systems like one stormworks discord autist managed to, I would've made guided meme missiles

I don't know if this is a new part, but it should do it.

it only outputs the coordinates
having your guided missile head for coordinates you put in would be much harder, you'd essentially have to use some of the logic blocks to check current position, compared to the desired one and change course as required, and furthermore you'd need to include a calculator to input the coordinates mid flight in case you wanted to change course

it is possible, just requires amounts of autism I wasn't ready to put towards a meme game about building botes

also pic related is a god tier propulsion system if you want your boat to pass through islands or race planes

just grab a paper and think it through

I wanted to make an autopilot in the new beta but couldnt even make a boat without getting bored

As long as the missile knows where it is at all times you should be good.

you also need trigonometry

I don't have the game but you also need Z coordinates, which that part doesn't seem to provide.

youtube.com/watch?v=8e1ktRjeOuI

I could figure it out after a couple hours of 'tisming but first imma wait for a sale on the game to get it
gotta support the devs but I ain't paying full price for no game nigga
it would know it just form a GPS
my first goal would probably be creating a boat that can swim towards coordinates I put into it
then making guided torpedoes
step 3 would probably be guided helicopters

>crossout weapon stats

Its in russian, but if you hover your mouse over russian names most of them will have the english name pop up. Russia has the largest amount of crossout players.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Us0LKXpEZ07eWFpUvuUSgaAtT8w9vNs2QlmYWe0H7kU/edit#gid=1378147043

youtube.com/watch?v=_LjN3UclYzU

>you also need Z coordinates
Or do i?
There is an altimeter if you really want it but its not needed for boats. Maybe for missiles but you can get away with guessing.

I think the first step would be getting the boat to turn in a specific direction. Most people would give up before doing this. Mainly because it would be fucking painful to tell the boat where you want it to turn...

Honestly my biggest issue is the size of the logic blocks and linking them together. It would take up half the boat and if you make a mistake you will have a fun time finding it in the sphagetti.

Depends on the missile guidance used.
If you're using some sort of angle-based guidance law such as something in the proportional navigation family, it's possible to get away with not using GPS or the missile's coordinates at all. Not many games allow you to get those angles directly in a manner that's usable for a missile, though.

>when your rusty ship get destroyed but it doesn't matter because you've boarded your attacker better ship, killed the crew and took control of the bridge so you can design a better ship from the crumbling hull you bring home to wage a war and overthrown the space force because a murderous AI that can clone you at will asked you and you've got nothing better to do.

Shitposting on an industrial level.
Across all threads and several boards.

The only solution was complete removal.

so i wanted to make a shitty heading-hold autopilot for my boat but gave up on it because the compass sensor gives me -0.5 - 0.5 instead of 0-360 and im too lazy to math it out.
Whenever i play this game i always get this strong feeling that its just not worth the effort.

>too lazy to math it out
>just not worth the effort
Literally low-effort physicianposting.

If it was any other game maybe i would do it.
I dont know whats my problem with this one. I cant even build a simple boat without feeling like im wasting my time.

>beat 3 hovers in a race
>tell them they should get wheels and race like men
>chat gets filled with salt

>tripfag
>hoverfag

Literally killyourself

>cot
>center of thrust
Physician k*rbnigger get out

Some retard got triggered and started reporting random posts
Lazy mods started banning people without looking at the posts, who then got triggered and called the mods things
Dumbass mods started banning them because "lol its the internet you are not allowed to discuss bans"

The game is old so noone cares and we have that one autists who keeps posting that cringy peasanttalk eye pic, probably thinking hes doing something important.
^_^

Done

Why doesn't Factorio have a castle wars mode?

Why doesn't it have a TD game modes?
Why doesn't it have a moba game mode

Nice story kerbnigger. Here is what really happened:
Degenerates shitposted 24/7 and everyone (including mods) got fed up after a while.
It is now banned forever on Veeky Forums because it would only attract those shitposters.

>the space force
I love every bit but this.
Needs to be called something else. I don't like SSC, either. I'll think a little bit. Maybe something with 'capitalist'. I'll think more.

Space police?
Space pirates?

You're the guy who googled it, aren't you

Don't reply

DON'T reply

How the fuck am I supposed to stop that speedboat? It just keeps bowling me over when I try to block it.

But it has the first two? There's a PvP mode AND wave defense mode (albeit not like TD where there are lanes but you still know where the aliens are coming from).

ehhhh
>bigthonk.jaypeegee

Space police sounds fine imo

Figured as much.
This is gonna suck.

yeppo

freedom of speech > whatever dumb bullshit that probably didnt even happen

Then go with that, I guess. I'm just making trouble where none is really needed. Just sounds off in my head. I was thinking "local capitalist peacekeeping entity" or something. Maybe I'm being picky. It's pretty darn good, either way.

Just multiply that by 360. Done.

youtube.com/watch?v=yJKCKKhdN00

It needs to have this

Here you go don't download the previous one please thanks

I saved it. It's all mine, friend.

I'm the one who first wrote it and I couldn't find better either.

Maybe if you say "government"?
It is after all an ancap meme.

see above

Ah I see, I bet that would be easy to mod in. You could use biters and drones as basic units and maybe use that combat robot mod for some more units as well.

hold ALT and use WASD to put the trim back at 0,0

And, predictably enough, every single time I try to intercept this thing I miss my jump, end up in the water, and have to reload.

much easier to make a sandbox and call it a game than coming up with actual gamemodes

Is this a "That's my meme; I don't know you!" post? We're hitting meme levels that shouldn't even be possible.

Anybody who races with hovers is a giant piece of shit.

Anybody who races is a giant piece of shit.

Das race-ist.

Thanks.

I really didn't mean it that way. space police is marginally better than what I wrote because no one would relate to SSC and I couldn't remember the acronym. I just asked in case it does give someone the perfect idea to complete it.