/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳They found your Slashberry stash:capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/15/
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released:game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Post or find a room ID. Squads are not searchable without one. 3DS use passcode 7243.
World, Preference: Small Monsters - Message: Zenny Farming - Private: No
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous shitpost:

Anyone here still play xx?

Is it dead?

Stop making me break Rule 4 OP

Wigglers deserve hugs

keep on wiggling

how can you not break rule 4 when you play with /mhg/

Whenever I play SA I feel like I'm not doing nearly as much damage as everyone else. What am I doing wrong?

>SOS to Tempered Beetlejuice quest
>Host carts to him via melee attacks
Why?

Why am i not getting full zeni rewards for completing quests? Beforr you say the rewards are divided among party members i just soloed nagigante and altough it said 18000 in the end screen i recieved closer to 4k

Did you cart?

Here are your rations and a cold drink, /mhg/! Have fun playing with your friends but be back before dinner or I'll put you in the time-out corner again and take all your materials.

because im not playing with /mhg/

Around half a year until PC release... I guess I'll head back playing with MHF2

Died twice, is that why my rewards sucked?

Daily reminder that GS has went from a brainless low IQ weapon to a weapon that requires zero IQ and thought.

Old Style:
Had to memorize monster movesets
Had to memorize monster patterns
Had to learn spacing of attacks
Had to learn timing of attacks
Had to slot in skills such as Tremor Res (Rajang) or HGE so you can perform optimally.

NewGS:
Just spam TSC.
Monster Roars? Tackle -> O, do a good chunk of damage.
Monster Tremors? Tackle -> O, do a good chunk of damage
Fucked up timing and going to eat shit? Tackle -> O, do a good chuck of damage.
>b-b-but t-tempers will 1 shot you!
Not if you augment your armor, and that argument is whack. I could easily say the same about GQ140s.
Doesn't require any skills outside basic BM skills like WE3 and Attack Boost4+
Shits out damage with ease.
Just spams a dps rotation like every other weapon has been dumbed down to in MHW.

What do you guys think Ichinose's team will do next? A new monster hunter with World's engine or one with the old engine but with a lot of World's QoL to cater to the older fans who want something different? Maybe something experimental like Gen and XX again?
And what do you guys want from the next title made by the B-team?

Your reward is halved every faint and lucky tickets are applied to the final sum, not the initial
>tfw cart 1 during a 98k triple tempered and lose 100k zenny

>people still carting to vaal's asbestos beam
I just want this stupid gem so I can make the Clearmind charm

Yes. Carting reduces your rewards.
Specifically, for a quest with 3 carts, each death slashes your rewards by a third. One with five carts drops it by one fifth per death, and so on.

>Daily reminder that GS has went from a brainless low IQ weapon to a weapon that requires zero IQ and thought.
Name one (1) weapon that doesn't match that description perfectly in World.
Protip: You can't

Gold wyverian tickets can be used to meld any gem for free, you get 1 a week if you jump through some hoops.

With almost 7m copies sold, console hunting is here to stay, and World's framework will be used to make the next 4-5 games.

Hunting Horn

>xXXxDPSxxChargexBladezzxXx420 has joined the Online Session
what is your next move?

Where is my Milsy housekeeper DLC CAPCOM

I enjoy my shortened hunt time because cbs are stupid

There's nothing stopping portable hunting of existing alongside console hunting. It was portable hunting that make the series take off in Japan in the first place and the dev team already stated that they know there is demand for it.

How do i not suck shit with lbg/hbg?

kirito420 using a hammer
where is your god now?

PALICOS ARE NOT LEWD

>can store songs
>songs displayed on the right at all times
>can play multiple songs at once
Sorry kid, you're wrong.

>MasterLinkX has joined the Online Session

Friendly reminder the room is 3iCfKN7h7a2B , currently quite comfy

i wanna branch out to elemental LBG, what are the skills should i look for, i think 3 pc xeno looks pretty good

You're probably using axe too much.

>It's a nostalgia GS fag thinks 2nd gen draw sniping is harder than current GS episode again
I hate reruns in /mhg/

If only it was just the GS...
Bow was completely gutted and given a much more anime and brainless moveset. It's also OP as fuck.
Hammer is fucking annoying to play whenever there's a small ass slope too. Oh you want to keep your charge while circling the monster to hit its head? Nope, START SPINNING BABY. And so everyone spams spin attacks whenever there is a small slope. It was fun the first five times but its just braindead boring and annoying after a while.
The worst thing is that all the World newfags love both of these playstyles, so they will be here to stay.

Lets not kid ourselves here, there really isnt much difference between the two.

I'll be honest, elemental LBG isn't worth shit.
Between the elemental cap, and how it's also piercing so the initial hit is greatly reduced, it's really not fun to use.

What is wrong with virginlinkx, other than the attentionwhore colors?

I want to use the arena GS. Does it gain anything from Handicraft?

They are when you shave their minge.

Flash the monster so he can UNGA

bing

aw fuck good thing i havn't saved yet, i built like 5 lbgs, i guess ill just wait incase an update makes things better for lbg, thanks

Memecallout-using discord TA autist who has only ever been seen using a chargeblade

spread 2 lbg is okay right now if you want to play that weapon

I try to time atempt nergigante with hammer and I quite often get him to the point where he limps back into his cave after like 2 minutes, but then I cant follow up any big hitting attacks to prevent him from leaving the area.

how do I do this with hammer. god damn

BING

Flash bug

Gains nothing from Handicraft

>crisis jewel
>poisoncoat jewel
>antipara jewel
It's almost always one or more of these shits when I do an investigation.

Always have a flashpod ready. Or staggering pods that monsters drop ready.

Gonna try out this series
What's the most fun weapon?

>1 month and 1 week since world release
>/v/ children are still BING posting
this place getting worse than reddit at how much capcock people are willing to suck

I mean, you just flash pod him to keep him there.
On the other hand, its perfectly fine to just sleep bomb him in his room too.

>try to solo nergi fast
>still takes me 10 minutes
What's your gear look like?

You're being memed on by a snowflake whore wanting a weapon class to himself. Just know how to use your damn mines right and your DPS will be solid. Aim for special ammo recharge.

That's a widely discussed topic here, and in the end it comes down to what sort of playstyle you think you would enjoy when fighting a giant dragon.

>its'a worldbab who legitimately thinks world anything takes more skill than anything
wew lad
you people probably find musou hard and challenging

>capture quest
>some retard is still attacking when the monster is limping
>he attacks me when i'm trying to tranq
Some people are just so fucking blind, can't tell see what quest they joined? Good thing another player had tranq.

>anime is bad
Am I on reddit now

But as far as uniqueness goes, there aren't weapons in any other series that are anything like Hunting Horn and Gunlance.

I had a tranq phial SA you retard.

I can't come up with a good mixed set for divine slasher. Help?

I know this sounds stupid, but I thought time runners try to not use flash bugs?

Im using this build but changed the weapon for diablos hammer

I can't comment on GS but bow was always brainless. all gunning is.

>slugger
lmao

Kirin alfa or beta?

Not at all. It's just that many who praise the new movesets like to criticize shit like XX or Frontier for being anime when Bow is the most anime in World.
The brainless part is the actual problem.

Everything seems to have gone out the window in World. People even bring along cats now.

is there even a punsih draw deco? i want punish draw deco

What's a Grug?

slugger gives you 30% more in World. whats wrong with this?

Do you got decos? Beta
If not Alpha

Whens Deviljho?

I absolutely hate people who say styles and arts are bad because they're too anime but then defend the added moves in world as not anime

0-3 bow
4-6 SA
7-9 GS

Every fucking weapon was brainless

>GS
Head Snipe
>Hammer
Head Snipe
>bow
Head snipe
>SA
sword mode combos, axe reload (3u)
sword mode combos, axe reload (4u)
sword mode combos, axe doesn't exist (gen)
sword mode combos, axe doesn't exist (xx)
sword mode combos, axe exists only to occasional wild swing so you don't lose sword meter (world)
>CB
head snipe (4u)
head snipe (gen/xx)
spam saed (world)
>LBG/HBG
Avoid damage by being 50ft away and shoot
>Lance
poke and counter all
>GL
a bad lance with no counter
>HH
A bad hammer but with buffs
>SnS
A bad DB but with a shield
>DB
attack ankles
>IG
infinite combo (4u)
infinite combo (gen/xx)
f+triangle, circle circle repeat (world)
LS
r1 to red, mash triangle (every game before world)
r1 to red, helm breaker, repeat (world)

roll for bow

Goddamnit. I don't suppose there's a way to make this thing better than the Jagras GS, is there?

bing

now you finally get it. your eyes are open. anyone who tries to tell you "this weapon requires high IQ" or "this one doesnt" or "this weapon used to be sooooooooo complex y they ruin it???" can be promptly ignored

S E E T H I N G

It took me 213 melds to get Protective Polish
Now that I have it, I have lost all desire to continue playing.

Those of you that run PP, do you also use Speed Sharpening if so, why? If not, why? I've seen TAs use SS Lv2 and some use SSLv3.

Oh boy time for more Tempered Elders with randoms so I can get my 120th Bow and Shaft streamstones.

Do it solo?

>old playstile: hit and run
>new playstile: hit and run + 2 other different slower charges
>Old is somehow harder
Hmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sweeetie, that's not our target

I use PP and speed sharpening on my meme GL set. its a nice combo but I dont need it on other sets thats dont burn through sharpness in a second like GL does

why do you take notes of your melding reward?

I use speed sharpening with my pp gun lance. Takes just one swipe of the grindstone and it's ready to go.

No, he's scary :(

Autism, meld sniping and curiosity of how long it would take to get Sharp.

XX or FU?

Pretty much finished with world and I already have a couple hundred hours in 3u and 4u

>pop a flare
>3 japs come in
>they triple cart
EYYYY

Fwooaarr!
Oi lads come look at this narsty pussy, trimmed the cat's twat with a razor now it looks like the dog's bollocks!

Oh sorry didn't notice it was about TA shittery.
So, just hit the monster hard until it dies. No tools, hammer only final destination.
>Caring about KO in a TA run
The monster should be dead before a 2nd KO my man

>LBG/HBG
>Avoid damage by being 50ft away and shoot

Fuck you im going to stick my shotgun cannon on their mouth and pull the trigger

On all my blade master sets I have SS Lv2. I already have WE3, Attack 4, MM 3, Non ele boost 1 Handicraft 3-4 (depending on weapon) What else am I going to fit in there? 3 Attack or 3 Crit Eye?

because melding rewards are based on a set table that moves once each quest, or something like that. by taking notes of your rewards, you can calculate when it's optimal to meld stuff and get the deco that you want