/fortg/ - FORTNITE GENERAL

How does this game get top viewers on twitch without a general? fortnite general #1 edition!

>Download
epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/download

>Stat tracker/leaderboard
stormshield.one/pvp

>Latest patch notes
epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/v3-1-0-patch-notes

Post your ign for squads or duos
if we want a discord for more day-to-day discussion we can discuss it

Is the battle pass worth the $13.49 or would they be releasing a new way to get items when its fully released?

I bought it because you can get a free one next season if you fully complete it

Battle passes only last a season?

Yo need to add some ppl on xbox to boost the friend xp and do the 'play with friends' challenges

Yeah, but if you buy the Battle Pass and level it up all the way, you will earn ~1500 V-Bucks to purchase one for the next season.

>How does this game get top viewers on twitch without a general

Too many people rather play than discuss

Oh okay that seems like an alright deal

>need to add some ppl on xbox

Yea so do I, Rigorous Legend is my gamertag if anyone wants to run squad or duo

Europe or murica?

Murica

I'm enjoying BR a lot but do you guys think save the world is worth it? I'm not a big fan of doing brainless repetitive things, and i certainly don't wanna play it just to grind v-bucks.

Is it fun on higher levels?

Why aren't you playing Paragon? It has actual graphics.

West Murica

Do you jump right away or do you wait a bit?
Any tips to land faster?

I usually wait till I'm about right over or a quadrant or two away from where I'm landing and to land faster if go straight down while avoiding trees and buildings and go for any water around you and go straight down reason being is that any object in your landing area will cause you to open your glider sooner and water lever is just about as flat as you can get

I wait to get to the complete opposite side of the map before jumping and then I die a minute after landing

The gliders do seem to be a little fuck-y. Playing 4 man and we all jump at essentially the same time and let the game deploy our gliders. Mine deployed 2 seconds after my friend that I was pretty much on top of. I was able to land and loot 2 rooms before he landed, and in some cases that is all you need in a solo/duo situation.

please respond. Is anyone playing the pve?

I wasn't aware anybody even played that shit
you can glide about 1.5 blocks away skydive to that point and then glide
also try to avoid being above trees when skydiving because it'll make you chute a lot faster

I would give it a few more days or even threads before you get some honest replies. This vg is brety knew.

Glad someone made a general

Back when the battle royale mode fist came out, we had a general and a discord. Does anybody have a link back to the discord? Or was it deleted?

i will keep trying and keep trying and keep trying and keep trying

>you can glide about 1.5 blocks away skydive to that point and then glide

whats the best way of skydiving to the point that's 1.5 blocks away? straight down, at an angle etc. ?

Also, does BR have ANY kind of matchmaking (K:D-based, time played-based, account level-based etc.)? I've been playing for about 2 weeks now, at one point I felt pretty confident, then suddenly people started to fucking destroy me.

Doesn't look like it
just a random mess of shitters, decent players and good players

how the fuck i get goot at shooting on fortnite? i couldn't get a kill yet

turn down your sens
like, way the fuck down

>whats the best way of skydiving to the point that's 1.5 blocks away? straight down, at an angle etc. ?
makes no difference

well technically the shortest distance between two points is a straight line so at an angle would probably be best. Just pick the point closest to you that you think is 1.5 blocks away and skydive toward it

When using AR's tap to shoot when at longer distances, only spray if they're real close.

Take your time to aim, don't get flustered, stay calm and aim.

>1800dpi
pls tell me thats a typo and its actually 800

Why the fuck is there still a random bullet distribution on AR's? Who thought this was a good idea. Honestly, it's so stupid how at certain times, even with perfect aim, your bullets simply don't hit.

IF you want your bullets to always hit at medium+ range use the scoped AR. git gud.

any more in-depth tips on building? I always feel like the ramp-wall forts I build for cover get shot to pieces real quick.

>git gud
>rely on rng to find scoped weapons

>get good bro
>haha just get lucky and find a scoped AR bro how hard can it be

This is too much fun.

It's the free game mode that is trying hard to be another game that isn't free. Do you not remember the nohype before they ripped off pubg?

But user PUBG copied H1Z1, which copied DayZ

Sure they're both BR games but at least Fortnite has some complexity with building/destruction mechanics

thanks, i'm going to play some more to get the feeling right

How many people play not pubg mode? I have a couple people on my friends list who seem to have put a decent amount of time in it

This game any good? Looks like Last of us MP on steroids

When are we getting 50v50 again

>tfw you get sniped 1 second after landing while you're still breaking through a roof at retail row

Never stand still. Strafe side to side and spam crouch up and down, while hitting things and when healing or drinking potions.

but ye even then you can still get got, unfortunate, but it's outside of your control. Getting angry doesn't help.. assuming you're not just having a giggle lel.

Any people playing on Oceania server?
I need to play with a friend for challenges and I have no friends....

how do i git gud then lads?

get a few kills most games and generally get to the last few but always bottle the win

I'm NA but I can squad up with you in a little bit

this amazon prime skin is aesthetic as fuck desu, also means i can use something other than the default without spending any additional money which is nice

Looks like shit desu

Again, positioning is key. Think about where your opponents may be, where you are, where the storm is, where the next circle is, where high ground is etc.

If you're not super confident in pushing the remaining players for the win, just wait it out and play the circle game. There's 2 main ways to play:

1. Get centre-ish of the circle as soon as you can, build a base if you need to, and then hope the next circle is on you. Being in the centre increases your chances of having the next circle on you.

2. Play the outside of the circle, near the storm, that way one side of you is protected by the storm so you know you won't get flanked from behind.

I think option 1 is better for late late game, and option 2 for mid/late game.

However, if it's late game, and you hear a fight, it's often more beneficial to push them to try kill the remainders while they're weak rather than letting them heal up and then having to fight them later.

Also, if there are mountains in the circle, try to get up on them. But when climbing up on them, try to do so from the outer edge, the side closer to the storm. It'll be less obvious to other players.

Also, make sure you have enough materials for late game. Practice your building if you need to. You should be able to build a 1 by 1 (aka, a tower) super quick and without thought.

But overall, just practice. Just keep playing. If you get a few kills and get to the last few it means you at least have some idea of how to play the game.

>Fortnite general
I don't get how BRs can have generals. You land, you get random loot, you try not to die, do it over again.

I linked my account earlier today and still haven't gotten it. How long did it take for it to show in your account?

It's mostly to find 3 other players to squad with

you gotta click to claim it on twitch

>fortnite general
finally

anyways, what's the best spot to land and why is it lonely lodge?

There's been an on and off general for ages

Do you get anything if you're first on your leaderboard for score/placedtop25/placedtop10 ???

>he doesn't have friends

:(

hey anybody has any friend codes left?

Kinda in an itch to waste a lot of time on some grinding game and ever since i saw the pve i wanted to play it and since battle royale who knows when "release 2018" will be.

[email protected]

Already did that...or so I thought, guess I better check

always report people with twitch usernames gang

having all your customers taken by the guys who made the game engine youre using must feel like a real slap in the face

nah who cares about playerunknown fuck him.
Anyways competition is always good so a game or genre doesn't get stale.

Can we make a pastebin or something where we can put our display names and server we play on so we can add each other?

not really it happens all the time
and will continue to happen more as devs stop creating their own engines

OH NO NO NO NO

why is this game getting so big, jesus

cuz its free

>free
>part of a genre that's getting big because someone else made an actual game that's fun (if you just for the game part, the rest is a fucking mess)
>decent fun even for casuals
>IT'S FUCKING FREE

>Use a Launchpad
>0/1

Is it true pistols are the best weapon in game?

not at all. Where'd you hear that lol

So shotguns are definitely getting nerfed right?

>activate the free trial
>try to link account
>OH NO, WE CANNOT ENABLE TWITCH PRIME ON YOUR ACCOUNT
>can't get past this
>can't find a fix

I just want the fucking skin

The Hand Cannon does 75 damage

ye but it's slow and inaccurate.

>me and some other guy go into same building at start of match
>I get a scoped assault rifle
>he gets a shotgun
EVERY FOOKIN TIME

Just click on their heads lol

Can I choose a character yet or do I have to play as negress

if you have twitch/amazon prime you can get free skins.

If you don't have it, you can sign up for a trial, get the free skins and then cancel the subscription.

Otherwise yeah, you will occasionally play as a negress

get fucked
t. twitch username

So I just heard about ninja so I decided to tune in and holy shit. How does he just exert such a terrifying presence and have such huge balls to just build and take over forts like it's nothing?

practise lol

also, fun fact, he has over 100k subs, so for each sub he gets $2.50 a month, that's $250,000 a month, $3 million a year.
Of course a lot of those subs are probably just temporary use of prime to get the skins, but still.

Also this is just subs, he'd also gets a fuck load from donations and sponsorships.

Bumping to keep alive

no? again?

tactical shotgun should get a buff actually, pump is still prioritized over every other weapon in the early game and run all the way to late game with a tac smg

i used to be in it but literally no one talked in it so i just left, if it did get deleted i imagine the same thing would probably happen if we made another one

Don't be shy.
Show me your skins.

They should rework the rng of the tact shotgun shots.

And maybe also fix the pump a bit.
I don't like how I can use the pump, and then if I don't repump it before another fight, which could be like 5 minutes later, I'll have to pump it again. I think there should be a cooldown after which it auto repumps itself.
Thereby still preventing double pump, but not requiring the finicky repumping mechanics.

It's not that bad, but it could be smoother.

No need for a nerf at all.

who /TomatoTown/ here?

also I'm at 25% win in duos and only 11% in solos. am I being carried?

No, you'll always have a lower winrate in solos unless you're a god

Supressed pistol = headshot driller