/xgg/ - Xenogames General #120 - Play it again Ursula

USE SPOILER TAGS
Please note that Veeky Forums Rule #3 is being enforced.

========== Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ==========
>XBC2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XBC game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/whyaLFk0

>XBC2 Advanced FAQ (Tips, Combat, Quests, Misc, early/mid game and late game separated)
pastebin.com/xr0dT5mq (embed)

>XBC2 Blade combo elemental charts
i.imgur.com/JUWNMOw.jpg

>XBC2 Info Doc. Please help contribute
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKrSAAi_sj8xpt7t8s1JGMRUh4O-e7MxAb2P_g9AWOM/

>XBC2 Multimedia Links
pastebin.com/2gUL5sWK

========== Xenoblade Chronicles X ==========
>XBCX Links pastebin
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY
============================================

If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Previous Thread:

I roled Zenobia today. How was everyone elses day?

Playing with Vahndam and trying to get him to say one line so Nia can respond “Umm, I’m a girl”. Been a lazy Sunday

I want to fuck all forms of Poppi

finding shortcuts in the game.

I second that emotion

PLAY IT AGAIN

Would you a noprostitute?

Do you think rare blades are supposed to have canon drivers? Like for example Dahlia's quest makes it look like its Zeke but her H2H leans towards Mòrag

>haha lets make an enemy that kills you if you hit him at the wrong moment in a game where the AI isn't smart enough to stop auto-attacking

Fuck Orion.

R + B

I want to fuck a Gormotti catgirl!

I guess so

I think Kora and Rex are pretty canon.

I don't want to fuck anything I just want Zeke and Pandoria to fug.

I don't think canon is the right term, some just fit certain characters more than others.

Gormotti scum are literally the niggers of Alrest.

Prove me wrong.

Well no matter how Rex answers in this case, he's fucked.

>Okay Mythra, lets settle this in the bed. Rex! You're coming with us!

They actually know how to work the land, so there's that

They’re the only ones with farmable land, Africa is usually thick unfarmable jungle or dry unfarmable savannah.

Africa wasn't colonized for its farmland. They're more like the Irish. Of course, a century or two ago there wasn't much distinction.

I WANNA SNIFF FINCH'S CROTCH

Or he could be the luckiest man in all of Alrest.

t. King Tirkin

See you on the other side Dagmara

Who is Perdido good on?

t. Sever

/xgg/ are the Torna blades all top tier in terms of usefulness?

supposedly akhos and perdido are bench-tier

Has anyone gotten Vandam to Lv.99 and maxed out his second chart yet? Gotta find out if that keeps him alive.

Just rolled Perdido and watched his awakening.
It's pretty fucking plain compared to
>"IN THIS CORNER WEIGHING 800 POUNDS"

The old top tier blades are still at the top. Some of the new Torna blades don't really do much to make them worth using.

Kouhai.. it's not going to work. You need to let it go.

>Vandham survives Chapter 3
>you part ways with him after, only having him help out when you need Roc's void-clearing ability
>Rex will never get a way to Smash in this playthrough
>no Mercs in this playthrough, either
>save file is effectively ruined until you NG++ and delevel Vandham again before the end of Chapter 3

wake up /xgg/!

What the fug do I do with monster parts in the first Xenoblade?

Morag best girl.

Why didn't they cover the energy cables on the titan weapon?

They are for quests and item trading (you can trade items by pressing 1 or 2 in front of a NPC, IIRC)

Why didn't they just build nukes?

Use them to make Cylinders I think?
I honestly don't remember. Just don't throw away any collectables, because you'll be needing those for Colony 6 repairs.

I'm kinda disappointed in them honestly.
Nothing special as far as skills go and no good driver combo moves where they're needed.

They're pretty shit overall

If the salvagers have flotation devices why don't they just build a huge floating barge or an artificial island instead of living on Titans?

Pretty sure humans need Titans (and their ether) to grow shit. See Genbu.

Interestingly this physics is also used for Nia's ears.

Mik is really good and Obrona is nice for Nia. Otherwise they're just flavor.

Isn't Cressidus good?

Yup.

THEORY IS FLAT! F L A T!

Praxis is a faker though

Which is just one of the reasons she is superior to Praxis

ones who have stuff about females or whatever dont make sense with a female driver.. though kora's doesn't make sense period

PRAXIS ISN'T FLAT

Only her headboobs are fake

>Obrona gives speed
nice i give her to Mora-
>one of her passives reduces aggro from auto attacks

Aniki -> Rex-Rex (?)

Why. The point of Tora is that he sees Rex as his role model despite the irony that Rex is a newbie driver too. Deep down Tora admires Rex not only because of his Aegis driver skills but because he’s the driver of a hot anime babe, something Tora otaku fetishes attract him to. That’s why JD weapon/appearance is meant to reference Hikari/Homura.

You give her to Nia for the retarded recharging break and party heal.

see? american computer.

I think Obrona is only good on Nia. Rex and Zeke both don't get anything good from her attacks and for Zeke it's also a redundant element (unless you removed Pandoria from Zeke for some reason)

To fit the mouthflaps better.

Leave this garbage on reddit where you found it.

urchons
not even joking they said the cloud sea is full of things that will come nibble you, smaller ars can't float in it, they have to stay above it or they'll get nommed

>removing Pandy from Zeke
>especially now that the Eye of Shining Justice is a thing and easily gamebreaking
>ever

>lvl 4 special for Pneuma
>it's not actually all that great because it only attacks a few times

I think it actually does less damage than her lvl 3 special in chain attacks.

It's a odd translation decision, but I like how they justified it.
Tora explains it to Rex by saying 'Doublename is sign of respect! Rex-Rex should be proud!' which actually works pretty with how Riki calls Dunban Dundun in the first game. I thought it was a nice bit of added lore.

So I never thought about this before NG+, but what is the best way to get SP? Just beating up the lvl 130 boss over and over again?

So I finally finished the game yesterday and I feel like I'm still having trouble understanding some of the antagonists motivations and actions. Like I get that Amalthus was basically just a misanthropic nihilistic cunt that hated everything due to his shitty childhood but I couldn't tell if he genuinely believed it was the architects will to destroy the world or if becoming a holy man was just a front to gain enough power to carry out his plan. And with Jin, maybe I wasn't paying attention but I never understood why he had Lora's body suspended in ice or whatever. It seemed to me like he wanted to resurrect her at first but obviously not.

Isn't it 1 hit? It pretty bad all things considered. In lategame, for chain attacks and buffed arts/specials, multihits tend to be better than single hits

How would you like some kind od verses mode? Either 1v1 and they both have two AI drivers, or 3v3 with all of them being players. It would actually give people a reason to min/max in an RPG, besides autism, for once.

He probably wanted to keep her around without rot setting in.

Seems like it. Getting enough for Zeke's buff is gonna be a pain. Especially because SP doesn't scale with level, either. You can't just lower Zeke to level 1 and get a gorillion points from one Kurodil fight.

It seems to be that or squid-kun for a lower return per kill. Instead of ether crystals they should have made one of the bards sell SP.

Jin wouldn't have had the will to get up in the morning if he didn't keep Lora around as a reminder

The ice cube was to never forget what happened or something like that, he says it

He says he keep it around to remind him why he's doing what he's doing

?"Boy, just looking at the body of the human I loved and protected sure inspires me to kill all humans!"

More like "Looking at the body of the woman I loved that humans mortally wounded and that I had to kill just to remember inspires me to kill the person who designed this system and everyone who perpetuates it."

Can she actually burn her with light?

>I could use my incredible powers to help people and change this shitty system
>or just kill god and humanity, im sure my gf would be into that lmao

Nice work, Jin.

Jin: I want to kill everyone because blades lose their memories when they come back
Everyone: When people die they also lose their memories but they never come back
Jin: SHUT UP I'M RIGHT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yes? She's not talking about Siren here, just her normal light powers.

He can't change the system himself though. He doesn't know how it works and doesn't have a power to let him rewrite the rules. At least he eventually becomes unconvinced of his own rightness.
That's not how he responded though.

someone make a webm/gif of that glorious hip swaying

>beating Kurodil gives 712 SP
>in order to unlock every skill that Zeke is still missing I would need 135000 points
>I have a grand total of 8046 right now
>that would mean 175 battles with Kurodil to unlock everyhting

His logic is sound on this particular issue because he's right, Indol ensures Blades will never be seen by the world at large as anything but tools for humans to use. But that doesn't explain why he doesn't just go take out Indol, he gets strung along by Malos who's plans are way grander in scale. There's no reason for Jin to have any sort of beef with humanity at large.

Until that cutscene, Haze apparently turned back attacks from Torna. After that point he's weakened and in Architect mode.

Yeah, it's definitely an uphill climb. I don't even care about the whole chart, just getting enough for his buff is gonna be a chore.

Are the torna blades shit? I got obrona and perdido and they aren’t that great

Kurodil gives 100 SP at base, so you really need to overkill it to get good amounts

Obrona is great is Nia uses her. Mikhail is a ridiculous tank, but unfortunately you can't get him early. They can all rape the regular game with their wacky attack power.
What's the fastest way to kill it without minmaxed Poppi?

Yeah, they're meh-meh.

That was easy.
Any advice to make Pyra more useful, Mythra is so OP than she is my main blade since chapter 4.

Yeah I forgot that I got so many SP because of a Full Bust kill. This makes it even more tedious.

It remunds me of the time in Xenoblade X I calculated how many tickets I'd need to get parts for Skell upgrades and it turned out around doing something like 200+ 5 minute runs of Yggralith Zero.

Having blades like Zenobia, Kos-Mos and Herald and going for elemental bursts. Since they all hit multiple times during their special moves you deal the most damage.

Not really, Mythra is objectively better. You'll regret choosing Mythra here, though.

>Morag bonded with Brighid, Patroka and *Free Space*
Image them walking into a room together.
IMAGINE

So are Praxis and Theory the best characters in the game or what? Just finished their sidequest and frankly they are way more likeable than pretty much anyone else I’ve seen so far.
Granted I’m still on chapter 9, so I suppose there’s still a chance someone in the main party (Or one of the main villains) could grow on me, but they sure are taking their sweet time to do so.

>Sever's voice