/wowsg/ - World of Warships Admiral

Thread on life support edition

*****NEW TO THE GAME? RETURN AFTER LONG ABSENCE?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you play a T6 ship).

>Newbie guide
pastebin.com/ec862KsG
pastebin.com/6evJAyns

>0.7.2 update
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-072/

>French BB collection
worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/vive-la-france/

>World of Waifubaits collection
worldofwarships.eu/en/news/special/become-a-blue-mermaid/

>Captain Skill calculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc

>Statistic tracker
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/

>In-game chat channel:
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel"
NA Channel: Search for "Veeky Forums" (by antibullyranger)
SEA Channel: "Veeky Forums"

>Clans
[BOTES] on SEA - contact Erobeat
[HOTEL] or [KUMA] on EU - ask in chat
[BOTES] or [HOTEL] on NA - ask JakeNS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3R5hBIp2hAg
3dhistory.de/wordpress/warship-drawings-warship-blue-prints-warship-plans/french-cruisers-drawingsplan-sets-ww-i-and-later-designes/french-cruiser-la-galissonniere-as-build-1933/
fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=1f0ec67c7298e84651069f217a92cb72&tab=core&_cview=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is now a pro RIDF thread

Previous Thread:

why is unrelated anime shit in the OP?

This is now an anti RIDF thread

Sieg RIDF o/

Historical camo for french cruisers is De Grasse-style dazzle. I guess they just wanted to keep it for the prem ship.

hows the brit line? I want to show my patriotic pride so it'd be nice if the ships were good too.

Or this one, same ship, different camo.

youtube.com/watch?v=3R5hBIp2hAg

I love Misaki-chan!

>Cruisers
From playable to garbage before tier 6.
Tier 6 is good
Tier 7 Fiji is one of the best ships in the game, probably the best non premium cruiser in the game, with the premium belfast being the best premium cruiser in the game. Tier 8-10 are good-very good ships but not quite Fiji/belfast levels.
>Battleships
Overpowered bullshit. Except for tier 5 which is just a carbon copy of the grossly overpowered orion at tier 4, and QE at tier 6 which is a worse warspite, but still a solid and well balanced dreadnought. I guess King George isn't grossly overpwered bullshit either, but it starts the trend of spamming overpowered HE again that disappeared briefly with the QE. Then you just get into absolutely retarded levels of broken with tier 8-10.

Threadly Reminder some shirtlord is going to claim KUMA is the only true pureblood Veeky Forums guild but he is a gaylord

Threadly reminder that HOTEL apologists still keep outsiders which are not from Veeky Forums in their clan so by default KUMA is the only pure one.
Stay buttblasted about pure KUMA persons reminding you about the absolute state of your "clan".

Threadly reminder for new players to grind Cleveland. Split is coming.

La Gal cruisers might not be the best boats ingame but they sure were pretty

kid

Cleveland is a really fun boat!

>buy our premium botes or grind like 10000 ribbons!
Has jewgaming gone too far this time?

>literal sikret archives
3dhistory.de/wordpress/warship-drawings-warship-blue-prints-warship-plans/french-cruisers-drawingsplan-sets-ww-i-and-later-designes/french-cruiser-la-galissonniere-as-build-1933/
Unzips

>Amrican cruiser split
I know what you want to do with their 'split', you perv.
Cruisers are pure. Keep your dirty hands off them.

What the hell is splashing into the water when she fires her guns?
Is something blown off the deck?

Its the guys standing too close

>Cruisers are pure
They eat the most citadels. Especially IJN cruisers.

Well, maybe I should have said that they start out the purest.

Can't read shit, captain.

This thing needs better scans.

Interesting to see that up to WWII the French navy was still using their equivalent word for "armored cruiser". Guess they're old fashioned like that.

What's the earliest we can get Aigle from missions? I'm at 14/18 missions at the moment. No idea if I missed any;

nothin personnel kiddo ehe but you're still a reddit mutt

With how few naval engagements there actually were, do you think there are old, rusting warehouses full of a wild assortment of various large-caliber gun shells?

I don't really see them being recycled.

I wish I'd saved that pic with the MegaMilk face shooped onto the 2nd panel.

Also, recycling the shells is not hard, and most would have a shelf life that expired long ago.

I want to eat Mogami's citadel

It is kinda weird that you can download very highres versions of some of the pictures but not all
Go to the bottom of page and there should be link. It will give you highres archive with highres versions
Example:

What the hell is that? A cross section of an ammunition hoist?

Turret cross-section seen from the front.

> highres archive with highres versions
Okay my brain farted and I should go to sleep I cut down the original picture so I could actually upload it. Here is resized full version. I don't speak french I just picked random picture

Is that the actual wine storage meme?

Oh yeah. If people want to see more scans, resources --> drawings.

'Murica
>Table 1: 16" Projectile Demil Inventory
Total 15,595
fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=1f0ec67c7298e84651069f217a92cb72&tab=core&_cview=0

All french warships had a wine cellar. Including pic related.

When are we getting interesting premiums that aren't dogshit or french?

Jokes on you, I'm too dumb to use reddit!

lmao brainlet

t8 bong BB is shit. Would be a different story if it had the heal but it doesn't.

How do weekend teams even remember how to breathe?

So why exactly did they put that box right behind the turret? What purpose does it serve other than restricting the firing arcs?

Handicap access

How do you aim properly? Most of the time I'm hitting anything but my target and citadel hits only come in singles and mostly by sheer luck.

Even if that box wasn't there it wouldn't be able to spin a full 360. It's probably some kind of ammo storage for the AA guns.

aim for the citadel

You can aim for certain parts of the ship reliably like the superstructure or the upper belt or the bow. Citadels in general are pretty much pure luck unless you're shooting at something with a huge cit like a Minotaur.

Not being 360 is okay, but the third turret on the La Galissonnière has a pretty bad firing angle.

It has a door, and covers a ladder.
I guess the turret cannot rotate more than ca. 270° or so, and the area there was covered in plane handling equipment in the original design anyway.

>Gaishu begging me to join CONQR

Sigh, I can't go clanless for one day over here!

>Wake up
>CONQR only had space for Raptor and King
BOTES take me back!

get fucked kike

Play La Galissonniere on coop, easy 150-200 ribbons every 5min match.

wrong person

>play when ~1500 players on server
>both team full with fancy badge
>gameplay so static, everyone shoot from 19km +
>Each team only lost 2 or 3 ships

Stop after 2 games, both won by points

Aren't kuma and hotel the merged now though? Is this just a low-energy falseflag?

>2018
>not being in hurricane

>bragging about being in hurricane when you had no hand in getting there

is CONQR recruiting? Asking for a friend (Haruna_Kai_Ni)

Haruna, what can I do to join you in CONQR?

I wish the drama posts were at least half amusing.

Ded gaem

Is it worth it to go AA build for frog cruisers?

>CONQR back in typhoon already

>two tier 8 BBs when everybody else is 6
>my guns do like 5k damage against his broadsides and his salvos do 15k against me while im angled/headon in a tier 6 BB

why is this allowed

Because your T8s can do the same to the enemy T6s, unless they're less retarded than you.

>doesn't know how overmatching works
Just play bong BBs and do 10k a salvo regardless of ship type and angle.

Still better than my gamnes where the t8 BBs fuck off to teh blue line, and fire three salvoes before the game ends.

>trying to get daily on nagato
>two tier 9 games
>team self implodes
>outperform tier 9's
>lose anyway
I don't even know.

>normal team with balanced arrangement, 4 DDs, 4 CAs\CLs, 4 BBs
>team with 12 DDs
Who would win?

If I have a 10-point captain on the Cleveland right now, will I get a new 10-pointer on the T6 Pensacola when the split happens, or will it be empty?

Post cute bote feet!

I think they default to 8 points. At least that's how the russian DD split was.

If they aren't retarded and go with Des Moines and Z-52, etc, normal team. If it's your average random shitter teams, the DDs.

No

No it's not.

Is it 6 points then smartass? I have some 6 point russians but my ognevoi captain is 8.

No. Captains granted along with compensation ships have as many points as the ship's tier.

Then explain
You seem to be contradicting yourself.

No

Harem complete

Best girl for last

It depends. WG handled it differently for the VMF DD split and the IJN DD split

When the heck do we have battle cruiser split?

Crunchstat soon tovarish

To get put in you have to be friends with Morriak or Haruna, it's as simple as that. I was hoping to get my flag this season, but we can only run one team now.

But all haifuris are best

Now I finally have an excuse to play hotel again.

Or maybe you could move to HOTEL and help Kelsier or Neutral get good at calling? Diva callers are always going to be a thing, best anyone can do is step up themselves or help others learn to do it.

Carriers should just be removed from the game.
There is nothing as imbalanced as when your carrier is dogshit and the enemy isn't. One bad carrier can ruin an entire team.

Since BOTES is a social unicum clan callers can't expect every single player to be a unicum, so they usually set a base team of 4-5 players they've got experience playing with and which they know are reliable. These are the first players to get their flags, but they still keep playing long after because they are willing to help out the clan.
The remaining 2 spots are for people who are grinding their flags.
If they don't do this defeat streaks happen since having 6 people with little CWs experience and varying levels of skill only make it more difficult.
You'll eventually get your flag.

Thats only what HOTEL deputys want you to belive so they don't have to fix their circlejerk and keep people from outside Veeky Forums in the clan.
When the clans actually merge then there will be no KUMA anymore and there will only be a single clan.
EU Veeky Forums community is not big enough for two clans anyway.
But every change that would lead to unification keeps being procastinated since more than three months.

>merging with reddit
Eurocucks

The Lyon is a VERY nice ship for blapping other ships at short-medium range, and with the special captain you can get her turret rotation down to 40s which is absolutely fine

around brony rip in pepperony

>try the zuiho
>fighters only tickle the US fighters even with friendly AA helping
>bombers are slow as shit
This is going to be awful.

Thats the point why there hasn't been a merge yet.