/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via magnethax or system transfer)
Switch: 3.0.0 (4.1.0 "eventually")
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.55
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳CFW + b9s: hax.b4k.co/3ds/guide
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Switch: switch.hacks.guide/
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>Switch
[Feb ??] SciresM is working on a custom firmware for Switch called Atmosphere: github.com/SciresM/Atmosphere-NX
[Feb 18] nx-hbmenu released. Homebrew Launcher for 3.0.0. It's happening. Instructions: switchbrew.github.io/nx-hbl/
[Feb 17] "fusée gelée", a PoC coldboot exploit has been teased and is said to be unpatchable. twitter.com/ktemkin/status/964780654142484481

>Vita
[Feb 24] TheFlow has an exploit chain for 3.67, but is going to leave it until at least the end of the year before releasing. twitter.com/theflow0/status/965261365496696832

>PS4
[Feb 28] "Holy Grail" PS4HEN released, allows running unsigned packages and much more. wololo.net/2018/02/28/ps4-4-55-holy-grail-ps4hen-released-enables-pkg-support-homebrew-backups/
[Feb 28] 4.55 kexploit released. wololo.net/2018/02/28/ps4-4-55-jailbreak-specterdev-releases-full-implementation-payloads-pending/
[Feb 27] 5.05 webkit exploit released. wololo.net/2018/02/27/ps4-exploit-5-05-webkit-exploit-released-4-55-functional-jailbreak-probably-matter-days/

>PS3
[Mar 3] The PS3Xploit team is working on a userland exploit for Super Slims and certain Slim models which does not support homebrew but offers PS1/2/P emulation and backing up PS3 games. psx-place.com/threads/ps3xploit-3-0-preview-new-features-for-superslim-all-non-cfw-comp-ps3-models.16525/

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!cDh02TbD!29w1zxps55kHBYEXRGhZaYP8VEQabicwzBsA0RkguvI
twitter.com/VVildCard777/status/970283079746154502)
switch.hacks.guide/homebrew-launcher
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can someone help me out? I get this error apparently because I'm using a luma version above 7.1, should I not be using the most recent one? Other user said it was because I used a reddit guide and didn't disable error handling? How do I disable it?

Please help.

PS2 question if anyone is interested.

On OPL 1.94 and I have always been able to save game settings but I cant save the settings anymore. I enable Mode 6 for Star Ocean for example and hit save but when I go back to settings, its set to OFF and not set to ON.

Why? Very annoying. I tried it on several memory cards.

vanilla usum or one of those modded roms? make sure you are running latest luma and sysnand

keep SELECT pressed when you turn on your console, you should see the option to disable handlres there

Can I play these PS3 backups with an external HDD or you can only play on internal HDD?

both work

Retard question here but how do you go about doing the hen shit with a ps4 if you have to disable internet to avoid auto-updating? I'm thinking about buying one but Is it going to require a lot of effort to get set up?

I installed ReNpDRM and I can get to the store, but when I start a download I get the error E-80558325. Is there something I set up wrong that would cause this?

Here the version with the saves and fixed text file, the second save is the one which starts just before the previous crash
mega.nz/#!cDh02TbD!29w1zxps55kHBYEXRGhZaYP8VEQabicwzBsA0RkguvI

Thanks, I also noticed another line of text missing the ` so I'm going through for any more, it's line 10722 in the script, does that display for you in game or does it just skip that line?

vanilla ultra sun, i'll double check my luma version
thank you i'll try this

It didn't cause a crash i'm past that point desu, also the second save on that version i sent you isn't where i thought it was so theres no save for the previous crash. i have another version backed up but i need to sleep now, thankyou for your help

Alright, sleep well, glad it's working.

So is there any way to unfuck Holy Grail to allow games on external HDD?

How does it not work? External HDD loading is part of the stock firmware.

Loading Holy Grail instantly disables the external HDD, even for legit games. The creator's logic is he doesn't support piracy, so fuck external HDD's apparently.

You can do both.
Although it's easier to put them on the internal drive due to FAT32 filesize limitations.
I don't know about performance but common sense would indicate lower load times when playing from a external drive since it's reading game data from the internal and external hdd simultaneously rather than loading from just one.

Totally retarded, especially given you can swap PS4 internal hard drives easily as well.

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

Isn't PS4hen usable on 4.55 (twitter.com/VVildCard777/status/970283079746154502) and negating the need for grail or does ps4hen need grail to do its thing? I dunno how that shit works.

I haven't tried that yet. I just want to have a solution to the PS4's limited HDD size without having to replace it.

Make sure you don't have the forced OC on if it's a n3DS

Forced OC? What option should you pick on that?

The option is called "New 3DS CPU"

Turning it on can make games run faster, but if shit starts crashing there's a decent chance that's to blame.

Fairly sure S/M are N3DS enhanced games anyway.

thats the problem

???

Why would it be a problem when the N3DS forces it into N3DS mode regardless of Luma's settings?

i found my old micro sd card and tried to format it to use it on my 3ds, but i get write protection error, the adapter works fine but the card seems to be blocked

im trying diferrent things like checking the w/r flag on windows and all that but nothing seems to work.

is the card dead or the write/read flags just shitted the bed?

I can't seem to get the HBL to work.
When I test the connection all it does is connect successfully. Anyone knows what Im doing wrong?
Micro SD has been formatted to fat32 and has the latest HBL.nro

What firmware is common for brand new Switch's to have? I take it none would likely be hackable.

Nope. Until some progress on 4.1 comes along.

What guide are you following?

switch.hacks.guide/homebrew-launcher

Maybe you should ask reddit, since that's where that guide is from.

Anyone have recommended eshop games for switch. I have some funds I want to burn before I lose them.

Do you an alternative?

>Although it's easier to put them on the internal drive due to FAT32 filesize limitations.

Not him but how do you play games that have more than 4GB then?

>That network name

Do you *have* an alternative?

No.

Turning them into an ISO and splitting it into 4GB pieces.
There's a GUI tool for it that makes conversion relatively easy (ps3 iso tools i think)

I got kicked out of the switch discord for asking to get access to the user support chat, what the fuck

they did you a favor

Work continues on Atmosphere -- at this point, we're down to debugging. The kernel gets as far as turning on all the other cores, and then hangs for some reason -- I suspect this is because we're improperly implementing some kind of synchronization primitive.

Debugging's pretty hard, but the scheme we're using is pretty funny: our panic() function re-uses Nintendo code to turn the screen a color. Pic related is 16 colors I can visually differentiate -- thus with each boot by carefully selecting a panic color, I can get log2(16) = 4 bits of information about any given crash. It takes about 8-16 boots to get the full value of any register I want to dump. Slow going, but it works.

HYPE

This CFW will allow running unsigned code, yeah? There are kernel exploits already out, what's stopping backup loading from going fucking crazy right now?

Would it be foolish to update my 9.9.0-26U 3DS?
Is it worth hacking just because i have it?

hack then update

Does anyone know of a way to export a save file from a game downloaded through the Freeshop?
I’m trying to backup up my game

Before anyone asks, yes I tried using JKSM. It gives me and error about opening the save archive

checkpoint

>Debugging by color

That's pretty clever

As someone who is colorblind, this is an absolute nightmare.

>tfw colorblind

Thanks for the blog posts, you homos. You're never going to use this anyway.

you talk like the post they're replying to isn't a blogpost too

hey suck my butt

>Guy asks for feedback
>Gives him feedback
Your post added literally nothing to the discussion, you whiny fuck.

>wah wah look at me im colorblind
>everybody feel sorry for mee

how many apples fit in ringo's butt?

>tfw when you greentext without knowing whats green

play ketsui

Yeah -- being colorblind would make this debugging process a million times harder. Luckily this is all temporary stuff, once atmosphere can boot the kernel I'll work on getting a proper debugging system in place.

SciresM's blogposts are actually interesting and relevant though.

He was looking for suggestions to make it easier/faster for him, not for a bunch of cripples that will never touch it.

>"hey guys I can make screen do pretty colors :3" is interesting
you have very low standards for interesting things

His are. Yours aren't.

>calling people out on blogposting is blogposting

Woah dude, nice blog.

There are kernel exploits teased but none have been released. And they probably won't be until they're patched. I might be wrong, but I believe Michael said something about releasing deja vu sooner rather than later, but we're still a very long ways away from that.

comparatively more interesting than whatever the reswitched shitters are doing

All

Me.

;)

>thead always turns to shit when michael posts

why he posts here anyway?

I love this "pretending ScrotuM isn't part of reshitched" meme

But when will we be able to steal games for the Switch?

>wanting to be an asshole

when he dumps them online with an alter after giving a moral speech about piracy being bad

Because as much as you idiots will never admit it, this place is better than /reddit/ and jewbatemp. Seriously, just look at r/switchhaxing and all the stupid posts and comments they get. We get them here too but at least they can speak goddamn English.

maybe a few years ago you'd be right but nowadays this thread is just a glorified hacking subreddit

Have you guys noticed that all the oldfag hackers didn't give a fuck about piracy and actually broke open the entire system instead of releasing restricted hacks? I believe this moralfaggotry started because of Sony going nuclear with lawsuits during the PS3 era. They are just afraid.

You're not in the right place my dude

So how close are you to booting to the kernel and setting up a proper debug output?

>Dark_Alex just got on with it on PSP
>Wii scene was all actively working together to make it the easiest shit ever
Those were the days. 10 whole years ago infact.

Eh, still better than the other options. Any hacking board is gonna attract kids and poorfags cause they can't afford to buy games. The majority of people are fine but it only takes a few idiots to ruin it for everyone. Just look at how much of a shithole r/jailbreak is now that everyone and their mother has an iPhone.

this has nothing to do with the law

it's just the state of society as a whole nowadays. the recent glorification of attentionwhoring combined with corporate cocksucking culture results in shit like this.

political correctness for showing off

>all the people complaining about devs can't code shit

why aren't you guys working on your on releases instead of complaining fedoralords?

all of you feel entitled to ">muh piracy" but none of you have ever donated to any dev or paid for something

go back to the reswitched discord

i really want to start working on it but i have a 1.0 switch and there's no tools right now

"hey it would be cool if particularly skilled people about X releasing things for free would do Y"
"haha just do it yourself, suck it fags XD"

>waah why wont people pay me for piracy waaaaah

>just look at r/switchhaxing and all the stupid post
dont you mean furrytemp its all full of degenerate scum.

Yeah, sorry. It's a balancing act -- I want to keep people up to date on Switch CFW progress, but I recognize the threads kind of turn to shit. I guess I could restrict cfw-dev posts to only technical progress reports?

ok hedgeberg go back to posting useless political crap on a twitter about hacking

Seriously though lads, when can I expect to play free Switch games?

Don't mind them dude, most of the people here is full of themselves and want the scene to suck their dicks. They will never change until you give up and release something so they don't have to pay to get free shit.

You know beggars, they are all the same.

less than a year from now

Nah, I like hearing from you. It's pretty easy to ignore shit post.

just keep talking openly to us, I like it.