gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/zVjb6k
github.com/NoelFB/Celeste/blob/master/Source/Player.cs
github.com/whereisyourgame
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

:3

List of successful games made in Godot:

Every post in this thread is a successful game made in Godot?
Nice.

first for friendships through hardships!

Here's a rough image of how it works

When I left click it places a vector, I add all these vectors into an array as the vertices for the procedural mesh. I then make an array of 0, (Latest vector), (Latest vector -1) for the triangles.

Example,
>Left click to place vector 0, 1 and 2
>Triangle 1 is created
>Left click to add vector 3
>Triangle 2 is created
>Add vector 4
>Triangle 3 is created

But as you can see this doesn't work for a concave mesh, I can't use 0 as a starting point. But I don't know how to make the engine automatically check which vertex to pick instead at runtime.

This is my first foray into procedural meshes, so if anyone have a better way to to this, please share

I really want to make a 3d platformer but I don't think there is a market beyond Mario.

please use some other pictures

entire agdg should team up once a year to make game.
power in numbers!

A hat in time

Engine dev reporting in.

The new enemy is now in the game. Gonna give him a charge attack and some kind of battle cry buff eventually when I implement magic systems. Progress is slow due to me getting bored though so this is all I have since last demo day (a single new enemy and some code refactoring).

Ok ran this test with the options showing up late after text is typed, yeah that's better, thanks.

official annual agdg collaboration discord:
discord.gg/zVjb6k

I will only work on a collab if it's made with Godot.

Ah, I get you.

Assuming the plugin works the same as the standard component, aren't you just plugging in arrays?
Can't you identify the concave middle point and put that in as your [0] element instead

What do you plan on making for small world jam?

we should all vote on different engine each year so we can learn together and come to appreciate strengths and weaknesses of each

github.com/NoelFB/Celeste/blob/master/Source/Player.cs
How many of you are making mountains of spaghetti like this?

Sometimes I've thought it could be fun and useful to have an /agdg/ github, or gitlab group, or something like that

Especially the thought of ie having a "basic bitch working platformer" that people fork in different ways

Just forget about the present, pretend it's 1990 and feel good about the game you make.
Don't even pretend that you will ever make a game that will be able to compete on the current market.

>github.com/NoelFB/Celeste/blob/master/Source/Player.cs

jesus

Any decent engine has that available already

The strength of Godot is that it's perfect for a community collab.

And tutorials abound, you're missing the point.

Sounds like you need to recompute the indices every time you click. Once point 4 is added it should no longer be (2,3,0), but (2,3,4).

I absolutely am, what is the point?

I don't. Can't say I have a game either, though

>triangulation
hahaaaa. almost as fun as traveling salesman. it doesn't help that most of code you can find is gibberish and/or math professor's farts

game still released on multiple consoles and is a really nice feeling platformer

i dunno, if there's only one programmer on the team and they can manage that then it's fine.

this also has the advantage of giving experience to a more structured group code setting.
There's basically no way to get an accurate feeling for submitting/approving PRs, issues, merging other peoples' branches, ... unless you do some roleplaying on your own and that's still not going to give you an accurate account

that's a good point.
maybe we should make the first agdg collab game in godot!

nailed it

thats sick as fuck

why did i laugh

nice super benbo delux clone

art """""""""""""""devs"""""""""""""""
keeps this place amateur at least

>one year later, still no gameplay

we can use this one:
github.com/whereisyourgame

Ship it.

Awesome. Any ideas about organization? Or a first project?

Sounds good. What is our first collab game?

we'll have to all decide whether it will be a:
>2d or 3d
>genre
>single player/co-op/multiplayer
>major gameplay mechanic
>major theme (we could use game jams themes as proxies for our theme) and setting

these are good starting points

Well I wanted to have a big mystical whale in for the demo but I don't have enough time to make it for the release tonight so I had to look through my older models for something to whip together. I had an old horse head model, so I slapped on a quickly made fish body. I think I'm gonna call it HorseTuna. Just gotta texture it, add in the music/sound effects, and I'll be rdy to go.

Why is this bad?

Simple is probably better for a first game
I'd say, 2D, single player, and what about just as an idea, like a collection of mini-games? Open-ended enough to allow people to explore things they think are interesting
This stuck out to me when I saw it

Want some free assets for your game? Doubt I could do complex stuff, but I can do simple objects like chests, chair, tables, cars, small machines and others. Just tell me something that you would want and I'll try to make it.
I'm offering because I want to improve and your MC is cute.

T A C T I C O O L

h e a r t b e a s t
c
u
t
e

oh hey it's the mothdev,you're still alive. How's it been my dude?

mite b cool, hit me up (@weaver_dev)

>1 contribution in the last year
just you look at this 'nodev', you think you hitting steam this month???

also at least one person enthusiastic about this doesn't have a single finished game it's me
it will probably just sputter out, but I still think it's a good idea

You're the man

Don't force yourself if you can't work it out logistically though, you come first

No writing code like that is not fine. If they wanted to add new features to that in DLC, fix bugs, re use it for a new game, or ever touch the code again for any reason it would be a nightmare.

>I've been a neet since 2012
>Wanted to make a game
>No discipline at all
>2018 and I'm turning 23 in a month
>Still no game

i'm going to be a wageslave forever nodev soon. feels bad

>a game with 5400 lines of code just to define the character's movement made a bajillion dollars

welp, time to use singletons everywhere and just like make game

I'm turning 24 and I've been working on projects since sixth grade. Haven't finished anything that wasn't an incredibly small week long project.

Is there any font website that lets me preview fonts at specific font sizes
Trying to find something that looks decent at 10 pixels tall

Man, covering up the edge of the world with "infinite" terrain makes everything look so much more legit.

To me, actual problems include:
* The sprite/frame specific code (footsteps and other sound triggers at certain frames) should be handled outside of code
* The sound related code at the end shouldn't even be there like what the fuck
* Most of it is just state machine states which are easily split off into their own files/classes
* Same for update()
Then again, I'm a silly nodev who doesn't know how to program.

You've still got a few years left to make a game.

So how's this work then. I haven't used github in a long time, but I remember thinking about this very issue in a class group project, where it ended up that github Organizations worked pretty well. Would each game be an Organization? Would /agdg/ have an Organization with repos for each game?
The alternative is having whereisyourgame own all the repos and it doesn't seem ideal, especially if there are ever multiple projects and so on.

collab with /agdg/

you're supposed to steal ideas from some shitty jrpg you liked as kid, not games made within the last decade

Would a good way of making a replay component for my game be saving the location/rotation of all actors in the scene every 0.04 seconds and interpolating during playback?

What would the memory impact be for something like this?

>implying for the kind of person that shitposts on /agdg/ demon souls isn't that shitty childhood jrpg

all of your data bytes * all of the entities you need to save * length of the replay

I'm never doing animation ever again

not super dev wise

oofff

yeah, scratch that then. thanks user

oh god is this true? am i that old now??

Someone make up a 90s video game console, tell us the limitations (res, sound, memory, ect), and we design a demo for a game around those specs.

You don't need to save everything every frame, just save when something changes and decrease the pooling interval for unessential stuff.

memory 64k
video out
microphone in
that's it

That looks alright, what's wrong with it

I'm seeing 160 x 200 res because the C64 was that. a jumpy game where the main character jumps at voice inputs. Hmm. . ..

what would the ultimate soy game look like?

guitar hero but worse

Danzig saying "DIE" to midi version of early Misfits and he jumps over 3rd wave Doyle Misfits fans.

Do any of you give a fuck about games as art?

Do you see games as art?
What's your end goal in life?

There are definitely games I would call artsy or that are more than just a "videogame ass videogame", but there's nothing wrong with a game that's just fun to play.

I care about games as fart

I see games as ____________fart
my end goal is to continue not dying until I fail at it

define art

art is a meme

>pic
>doesn't know how to buff STR

Yay! Decided to pre-compute a bunch of pathfinding moves (ie make a grid and use a bitmask to store for each cell whether you can move left/right/up/down) instead of manually computing them for each cell during pathfinding.

I mean, even before it wasn't too bad since the collisions for this static geometry was stored in a grid anyway, but there was still small amounts of overhead (indirection, couple extra function calls) that I could optimize away by using this pre-computed grid.

Managed to reduce the left/right/up/down collision checks from 16-20% of total CPU usage down to ~0.5% total CPU usage.

Although pathfinding is still slow just due to even maintaining the previous map, the visited set, and the priority queue. So those still take up like 30%, but at least 30% isn't 46% (ie before).

Now if only I had a high-end nvidia card so I can figure out why people with high-end nvidia cards get tonnes of slowdown despite low-end ones getting none, and AMD cards or intel cards getting none either.

Then I guess I can resume working on gameplay-related stuff.

I need a better behavior tree visualizer/debugger, so I might make one of those. I was thinking maybe one I can export to some js/canvas thing for easier moving around/etc, since the one I have in-game that just renders a tree on top of everything looks bad and the game screen is too small to properly display the whole tree with names.

Then after that I can resume working on the loli rape, I guess. I still need to actually get that suspicion system fully implemented, so that adults can get suspicious and follow you around, rather than not caring until you full-on molest/kidnap/etc a kid in front of them.

I want to but so many games try too hard to be art for the sake of being art.

>this meme again
depends on whatever century you're asking:

non european art = to appease gods
classical art = to appease themselves
medieval art = to be near god and his glory
renaissance art = to be near the greeks
romantic art = to make something emotional
rococco art = look how detailed I can make this, I have money
XX century art = to make something original
post modern art = to destroy western civilization

If I wanna make a gird based tactics rpg would Unity be a good fit?

I like girds. will i be able to feed them bread crumbs?

really the more you know about art history the less you care about games being "art" or not. but idk maybe thats just me.
my end goal in life? to die. but until then i just have various projects im trying to work on and i want to stay alive for my brothers and mom and dad's sake.

I am making a ingame level editor in gamemaker 1.4. I want to be able to drag select a group of entities, and move them around using the arrow keys. what would be cheaper:
use collision_rectangle_list() to add all entities to a list, and then use a for loop to move them.

set variables for the coordinates of a recangle, i.e
xx1 = 0
yy1 = 200
xx2 = 100
yy2 = 400
then use with ( all entities ) to loop through every entity and check whether the are within the rectangle, and move them if they are.

Gamemaker. There was actually a good tutorial for tactics games in GM6 years ago that came with the editable file for a tactics grid game called Hovendale Tactics (I think it was called). Was fluid and too the point.

I can't imagine anything more limp-wristed than nerdy manchildren pretending to be and worshipping military men, so probably any one of those kind of games where you play a ripped badass military dude

>Do any of you give a fuck about games as art?
yes
>Do you see games as art?
yes
>What's your end goal in life?
wanna make some cool games

Waifus? In my amateur game development?

>almost replies to you
lolisim, I wish you'd just leave

are figures like these useful at all for animation/modelling?

>someone will make the DF of pedophilia
>you struggle with a basic 2D roguelike

>5800 lines to make a character that walks, jumps and climbs
>impossible to find where the jump and climb code even is
>100 line functions
>disorganized as possible
>variables with near meaningless names, some of them are literally a single letter
>a million hardcoded constants that are glorified magic numbers