/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, shows and comics.

/sthg/ #1235 - Omega a best! Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

rikdraws.tumblr.com
youtube.com/watch?v=8P1OO5baru0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I fucking bake you all.

sanic adventure and 06 are the same game in every way and silver the hedgehog killed the sonic franchise singlehandedly

We'll toast you, to!

How many good Sonic games in a row will it take for the franchise to be big again?

I am aware it may never happen but I am just curious.

I'd say 3-4.

I think a little more then that, maybe 6.

even if it happened, they can never make a bad sonic game again lest the sonic cycle and "sonic was never good" memes be given a powerful second wind

I think Sonic being "big" is never going to happen, even if we got annual Mania sequels for the next decade. Sonic missed the boat, you're not going to suddenly become "big" again after like 40 games in your series. Sonic is destined to enjoy middling success as fans tear each other apart over which of the good games are actually good, and which of the bad games are actually bad.

GOTTA FEET FAST.

It needs more than just good games.
The games need to appeal to a wider audience, AKA, more than just classic fags.

Three or four, like said. Theoretically, it shouldn't be TOO hard. Release a Mania 2, a good spin-off like the Sonic Kart and two good mainline games in a row like Gens and Colors.

this is a nice bump. moar?

scratchu again

Nina Nilestone Never again.

by Rik.
rikdraws.tumblr.com

>two good mainline games in a row like Gens and Colors.

Sonic Team has shown that they are too incompetent to do that.

Who's the biggest Jobber in the Sonic franchise?

Two mainline games isn't enough. It'd have to be five at minimum

thanks my echidna

So is the Sonic Kart rumor true?
If not, i hope we get Sonic Battle 2: Electric Boogaloo

>Sonic
>Middling success
>One of most well known video game icons out there
If they consistantly release good games, it will attract people back guaranteed.

just gb2sonic 2 and stop making games after that
to bad all they do is make bad sonic games
>more than just real fans that actully buy the games
nice try mariofag
>shilling urself
drawfags
sonic becuz he lost to a edgy oc with the mcguffin ruby

Sexy little deer

Remember when Amy was one of the most hated characters? Boom made people like her more I guess.

Post cool gameplay clips.

god bless

Right here. Unfortunately Sega forgot what a jobber he was.

>bright and colorful cel-shading
why don't we have any sonic games in this style?

I like bump.

Does Sonic have more bad games then good games?

>Sif
Fucking disgusting.

man I miss that kind of level design in the 3D games. I was so disappointed with how the Sonic/Shadow levels in SA2 were handled since most of them were so linear. They're still fun to blast through but nothing beats spindashing over stuff and exploring like in SA1

>that ass

no but there are more mediocre Sonic games than good Sonic games for sure

>fan comic Mighty

How is the franchise still got fans

Shuffle

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through.

right I forgot I played it

*worst ship

we usually get a good game every couple years with the mediocre ones in between. People stick around because they know/hope there will be something good eventually.

Mighty Milestone Maybe?

We have not had a good 3D Sonic game in 8 years.

Kek. SOON

Kek

No, I've always liked Amy. Boom Amy is actually garbage, it ruins the appeal of a happy go lucky girl with all that "GIRL POWER" shit. Fuck modern women.

You mean 7 years.

that's why I said "usually"

But Generations was 7 years ago.

>runners adventure was the good game
fuck

I stand by my statement.

No. He's had smaller amounts of great games than bad ones, but more good games than mediocre.

youtube.com/watch?v=8P1OO5baru0

>7 years since last good 3D game
>We probably won't get any mainline 3D games until 2019
>8-9 years
>And this is IF it's good, which there's no guarantee of

Reminder that Shadow is a faker and he is NOT faster than Sonic!

Generations was a great game. No complaints other than the stupid Pontaff writing.
>wait till 2019
>it’s Forces 2
This is why I don’t anticipate 3D releases anymore.

Fuck you.

>same exact pose as Shadow's Sonic Channel picture
Nice dab

>we have not had a good sonic game
ftfy

The Next Big Sonic game is an Open world and only Sonic, Tails, & Knuckles are playable.

Screencap this.

Try looking next time m8

>still having faith in the 3d titles
call me when they're not done by Sonic Team or some literally who like BRB

It’s literally canon, faker.

god he's so good at dabbing

All I see is a mediocre tech demo. :^)

>Screencap this.
Why bother, it is not going to happen

How come there's no monthly events in here?

Are we in another dark age?

no, we're in the meme age

Here you go, user.

>mediocre
Post better examples. Only one is close is webm related. Also tech demo, but both about better than anything officially by nuSEGA.

Our top scientists pointed out that shitposting increases during a "time of the month."

Is it OK to talk about Chris?

There's one but mods banished it to /trash/.

Why the fuck is the loop so huge? Kind of defeats the point imo. Utopia > OC Engine

But that's not dabbing?

It was really to show it can do something that big without scripting. Like in Heroes for example.

It truly is the meme age. The Sonic Twitter has never been worse. SXSW is going to be a disaster.

True. I kinda wish my toaster can run the new terrain in the Bumper Engine, so I can get started on my own levels. Funny thing is, the terrain in your WebM runs fine, but not all objects appear.

Yeah, not to mention that there's several different kinds of loops in the engine in smaller sizes. Both BE & Utopia are great & exist for different purposes, so while I have preferences of what one thing does over the other, they're both great at what they do.

I was ready to humor you, but this webm actually makes Sonic Forces look halfway decent.

If we ever get a another Sonic game with

- non linear level design
- multiple playable characters (not counting other Sonic's)
- great story
- good portrayal of the characters
- no 2D
- a campaign that lasts over 8 hours
- good boss fights
- good writing
- all original levels
- doesn't rely on boost to win
- a mixture of dark and humor
- characters match the tone of the story
- good controls
- good camera
- no technical issues
- levels that last at least 6-8 minutes
- a satisfying ending
- emotional moments
- momentum based spin dash
- good physics
- no automatic sections

I don't care if I need to wait 10 years, just make a Sonic game like this and my life will be complete.

>make game with a ton of loops and enemies around
>can literally ignore them and just go straight for goal
fun game

Oh right, my bad then. I just thought there could be more discussions, but it probably wouldn't be the same or make sense here than other places. Though I don't know what mean by "there's one"

Would you stay with the Sonic franchise even if the next 10 games were mediocre/bad?

>both about better than anything officially by nuSEGA
Makes me sick someone's head is this far up their ass.

After look this over, I’ve determined that you can pick two from this list and that’s it. Everything you mentioned is like the polar opposite of what Sonic games have been as of late.

sonic mania

I personally would, because there's certain things that I like about Sonic and that doesn't change the things that I previously liked beforehand.

That’s Lange and his orbiters for you.

Probably. At least we'll have the comics and we'll still have the old games which are still good

i woud stay in this general to remind u all that sonic should of just been sonic 1 & 2 instead of the sprawling mess of garbage the franchise has become ever since sonic 3

it is dabbing.

He's clearly dabbing, user.

*sigh*. You don't get the point of Sonic. People want to go fast. How? with nuSonic, you boost. No matter the angle of the terrain, no matter the location, you're scripted to play exactly the same every time, by everyone. But with SKILL, you can speedrun to the goal using skill. That's the point of Sonic. He was always Mario as a Speedrunner. You can ignore all the enemies in Mario games, no one complains. You can LITERALLY fly over all of the levels in Mario World, everyone's favorite Mario game ever. So when Sonic ignore them, it's bad game design? No. You're just a shit person that doesn't get what Sonic's truly for. Speedrunners. People with skill, to gain the best experience. I mean, listen to you.

OF COURSE you can just "get to the goal". Or, you can PLAY THE GAME with all the shit you can do instead, like how you should. How do you even play a Sonic game by thinking the goal post is all that matters? Huh? I don't understand.