mega.nz/#F!1o8FTbAL!-lVNu5ReRDTcksRfHIxBHA

>NEW PLAYER GUIDE
i.imgur.com/K9rvfa4.jpg (embed)

>ARCHIVED THREADS (RIP ARCHIVE.MOE)
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/mgg/type/op/

>STEAM GROUP
steamcommunity.com/groups/metalgeargeneral

>/mgg/ ONEDRIVE FOLDER
onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=65254E4C501EDAEF!4116&authkey=!AMDti9C9NNjfhT8&ithint=folder,xlsx

>LISTS, GUIDES, DOWNLOADS AND OTHER STUFF
pastebin.com/qM3XwMce (embed)

>MGS2 SUBSTANCE NOVEL - NEEDS TRANSLATION
mega.nz/#!Y08iFCBa!Z3j3Tco4vE14mwwVJTQbch9Zo4SvZRXO1ntjEjn1JRc

>MGSV NOVEL - PARTIALLY TRANSLATED
mega.nz/#!U1NFzAII!4nuhjrIo8arMdb2Ref4dWRB-4CZ86Sp9QY1sYDnhVfM

>TIMELINE AND EPILOGUES:
pastebin.com/3m93ExcY (embed)
>CHAPTER 1:
pastebin.com/frkkvef3 (embed)
>CHAPTER 2:
pastebin.com/7YMg9Gia (embed)

>KOJIMA'S THOUGHTS ABOUT THE NOVELIZATION
pastebin.com/JVZZxW1D (embed)

>QTS FARMING
i.imgur.com/19a5fFK.jpg (embed)

>Weapons and stuff
unknown321.github.io/mgsmonsterguns

Previous Thread:

What is a base but a misrable pile of fences

3rd for grenades

The jungle co-op map is evil and I hate it. I wish we could at least vote on a map in quick match.

I wish I could get a match in quick match at all.

curious if anyone has gotten all the nameplates in survive? I'm missing one

PSA

Previous job occupation doesn't affect how good a job a crew member will do. Look at the enthusiasm description underneath. If they're enthusiastic, but will perform poorly then you swap them to another job. Keep swapping until you find something they're good at.

If they are poor at everything then send them exploring with no gear until they die.

No weakness is allowed in Dite. Sweep the leg. No mercy.

do you have the chick one for joining co-op as the first thing you do? that might be it

Things update needs to include:
Hamburger recipes
Cheese recipes
Int-Scope recipe
Attack speed upgrade perk for heavy weapons assault/

>A container has washed up

>tfw finally get a four man hard
>its jungle
party disband bug anyway aint even mad

Nanomachines don't belong in this world!

I actually created a second profile and tried getting the chick nameplate but it only appeared in Co-Op and I was unable to change it in the co-op lobby. Then when i switched back to single player it was back to the default nameplate and the chick wasn't selectable. So I am unsure if that is what it is supposed to be but is just glitched or if it is something else entirely.

in the SV shop theres a banner that says "selling period until 2018.03.13"

is that stuff on sale? should we be consumer whores and buy before that date?

become a carry machine
Also got another thousand more grenades, seriously what the fuck this bug is just silly

You know what?
I'm fine that the majority of people people don't like this game.
It'll be like monster hunter and keep the casuals out, then when we get our third entry, everyone is going to want in all of a sudden.

having a small number of players that like the game rather than millons because of popularity is something I like
The matchmaking is fucked though because is not about not being able to find players but some people can't connect properly

>poor
>poor
>poor
>not very well
>poor
>poor

>it's a party disband episode

Good place to get Antibiotics? My entire team has aids

Just like early mon hun days

Mansion.

Ruins, any of them.

No. We still had japanese adhoc party whenever we didn't have enough people for a full group

What is the best snack combo for Survivan and why is it Heineken with beef sicks?

What about on ps2?

I never played online as I bought into it when I saw an advertisement on xplay and actually hated it. Young me was stupid as fuck.

Like I said, only real niggas were playing it.

.44 pistols need a huge buff. these are fucking terrible even with the shitload of flame rounds im being given

DED GAME
DED THREAD
DED NANOMACHINES

true niggas use the geist and the not-1911

Calm down Virgil

yeah, ive been enjoying my overpressure blue geist and decided to try out the .44 since im drowning in ammo, but holy fuck its garbage

Two shot body kills. One shot head kill. They're alright. I hope you're not trying to use them on anything that's not a jaeger.

>10+ S rank hard
>Over 30 purple items
>No grenade drop
Is it random or i gotta not bring grenades to hard missions or what to get these mad grenade drops?

its random, i went like six games earlier with no grenades, and then i got a couple hundred, a few games later a fucking thousand from one match

>I hope you're not trying to use them on anything that's not a jaeger.
no reason to bring a underperforming gun when you can just bring a 9mm with reinforced bullets and 1 shot everything
Just buff the magnum, it makes no fucking sense a .44 being beaten by a 9mm

Your hyper pressured bullets will cause your gun to burst into confetti by the middle of wave 2. There's only two guns that you could even use that on and have equivalent damage to a flame boosted revolver.

>hes using guns on anything but specials or getting that one fucker you cant be assed to chase down
ive never finished a match with less than 50% durability, still enough to one shot regulars from behind if they slip past

Has anyone ever attempted clipping behind one of those barricades?
I bet there's a crystal box or two hidden there

I use my assault rifle for wanderers and the pistol for specials since it destroy them
so no I don't know about my weapon going under 50% in a match

i havent glitched behind, but yes quite a few of them had a box hidden at an angle you needed to see over to get, usually a hill is nearby or you can use sandbags

no thats the boundry of the map if you want to see areas that will be expanded in future content releases go to africa

>MGS Peace Walker: Mother Base theme on repeat

So good

>motherbase AND entry theme
just like 9 years ago boss

>tfw can't use this hairstyle in character creator
>tfw can't make or play this qt
>tfw

Fucking... shit
those cheeky bastards

the only one i can remember FOR SURE had one off the top of my head was the one north of tp 10 afgan, i THINK the one to the east of it had one too, but the one north for sure had a color.

>Being exposed to the Dust infects you
>After your almonds get activated you have 12 days to live
>All of your castaways have been exposed to the Dust

They had oxygen masks they're fine

>finished singleplayer campaign
>start doing coop salvage missions
>prepare gear for max ammo because I heard there's a 'free' ammo resupply you can unlock for enough kuban energy
>match goes smoothly
>at the end call in the ammo resupply
>use it, nothing happens
>prompt is still there, try it again, still nothing
RIP 200 bullets of varying kinds

I'm gonna need more copper.

FINALLY the medium survival bag! with both it brings me up to 125kg, and a sp gathering loadout of 9kg. now for some serious base hopping

Cap's almonds were only activated after close contact with Seth. Listen to the audio logs for more backstory, I made the mistake of listening to them after I beat everything and it would have been MUCH better to actually have some background on Charon Corps while going through the aftermath. I literally thought all the story needed was a little more exposition as to what happened, and lo and behold it was there all along.

Yeah that's why Miranda was dying and had to be transported out of that shithole ASAP.

Or just about any of the other survivors really.

pretty sure it was the portal cutting off the Captain's arm that got some dust that leaked through into the wound

I use 3 side arms. I really like using them on everything my man. And unlike using a blue or higher weapon, I don't fork over firing units in repairs.

So, now that the dust has settled; what pants are the best pants?

>T-thanks for saving me
>SHUT UP, WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR THE BASE?
>I uh... I guess I can cook pretty good? By the way, my name is
>YOUR NAME IS ECEEEE AND YOUR ASS BELONGS TO ME NOW
>S-sir, yes sir!

An hour later

>Hey! Haven't seen you before, what's your name?
>Uh... ECEEEE
>Cool! I'm EEEEEE by the way
>Nice to meet you, what do you do around here?
>Well, nothing much, really. I've just helped around with plants, but now the Captain moved me to exploration team! That's so exciting, I'll do my best!

and hey im sure that works better if you use them all the time, but for when you just need to blast a nigga and move on my blue giest works just fine and the repairs are infrequent enough im still making it back and more from a trip to africa

Singularity Area 1, inside the building

That's my go to copper spot apart from the outposts

Why is every guy I rescue black? More importantly, why is every guy I rescue black AND useless? Low ambition for everything, performs poorly at everything. Ironically the only one decent at something is an asian woman.

Konami racist confirmed.

When you get a distress call, go over there, if it's not a QT, reload the save, it will revert you back to base, the distress call will still be up and it'll be a different survivor.

Why are all my crew members high enthusiasm but not performing very well?
It doesn't seem to matter where I assign them they never perform better.

What's up with this threat ring? It keeps saying there's enemies all around me but I don't see shit.

How would that work? Immediately go to menu => exit game? Or manually walk back to base first?

Does this work even if they're in the dust?

i'm the opposite. I use my 3 revolvers for everything and blast something away with either my AR or my shotgun. For the airport I can pop the head off a mortar with a single bullet from my purple sniper

Do you hear a hissing noise? Probably a bunch of grabbers.

If it's post-game it could be crawlers. Look up in the trees.

don't tell me its your first time africa

either Grabbers underground or the Crawlers on trees and walls

must be a jager thing, both my purple snipers fucking blow even when i headshot a mortar it takes 2-3. sounds fun tho, might try that as a change of pace once i bore of decoy assault

Actually I'm blind. You can see the crawlers right there on your image hanging from the branches.

>Thank you for rescuing me! Listen, I was architect and I think I could build some walls and proper housing for the people here.
>What do you mean I can't build a house without a recipe? I know how build a house, I've built plenty of them before! I was building for Habitat for Humanity in Africa!
>Why am I on the Exploration Team?

Where? Please tell me not hard coop only

Menu>Reload last save, it's the first option. You can do it as soon as you check the survivor.

Anything you did after teleporting for the rescue will be reverted, but distress call will be there and survivor will be reset. They will not take dust damage untill you get close, just like if you did it normally.

Of course you can't tell what kind of skillset a person has by looking at them, outfits mean jack shit, apart from maybe Charon Corps, but I'm not sure if their outfit is specific or generic. Either way, at least you can ensure you get a harem of QTs instead of Kikongo Central.

im sorry, it was hard co-op. but on the bright side, you are likely to get a fuckton of grenades and ammo while you grind for it!

can anyone tell me how crits work

top kek

It's random.
So much misinformation going around too, here's what I know to be true.
Castaways previous job can help you determine what they are good at, but it is NOT the true indication of where they should be. That you find out after they are at full, or close to full morale. To do that, all you need to do is place them in each team and find where they are best. The ranking go from worst to best are; would perform poorly , wouldn't perform very well, would yield some positive results. Now, you can only really know how good they are when they are at full morale because otherwise you will get low ambition or a lower tier of effectiveness. To raise/maintain morale keep your supplies stocked, heal people immediately, and consider some shrubs/torches when you are done with Base Defense. (No idea if they actually raise morale but it's cool nonetheless.)

Scoring a hit on weak point = crit
Scoring a hit on anything else = sometimes maybe crit

sometimes your hits do more damage based on a % chance, some skills buff that chance if you attack with the right rythm.

Morale goes up naturally unless you're over capacity or losing resources. Skill doesn't change except by using manuals. To determine skill cycle them all the jobs and note what it says, it goes poor>not very well>modest>some positive>???. It seems like nearly everyone is shit at everything but you'll occasionally get some ok people. Once you're at 22 people you'll want to start putting the people who are all poor or not very well on the exploration team and sending them to die with no equipment.

>Why is every guy I rescue black? More importantly, why is every guy I rescue black AND useless? Low ambition for everything, performs poorly at everything.
Realism.

ah as I had hoped then
how do the various crit skills work in relation to that? like would the crit rate one be absolutely useless if you're hitting a weakpoint?

I got an epic Base Development Field Manual, wtf do I do with it?

whats the highest team ranks people have gotten without using manuals? can you get B teams if you just cycle survivors with death marches?

Oh also, apparently their mood/traits show how good they are too, sad/loner is the worst and leadership/popular is the best, which also corresponds with the color of their portrait. AND you have to satisfy their second info, I.E Doesn't like opposite gender you can't put them on a team with people of the opposite gender or they will do worse.

God I hope we eventually unlock the ability to, idk, hoard Iris from co-op and spend it to send survivors back to their time as a way of cycling through survivors in base. It wouldn't make me feel as bad as sending them to die and it wouldn't take as fucking long.

Ha Ha! hai guise! I'm racist too! can I be racist with you guise?
nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger desu desu desu desu

Use it on one of survivors to improve their Base skill.

Since no story NPC is good at it, wait till you get a survivor who's at least "modest results" in it.

Send help. Really wish I had a medic. I'd like to finish a match just once without being near death and bleeding. But think again if I'm going to use my precious healing spray.

You have to go back

does anyone know what's up with this grenade thing, I've done 3 Ss on hard and gotten a total of 12, is it a PC exclusive
I'm on Xbone ;_;

When sending out exploration teams, what does "projected losses" mean? I know you can send worthless guys out there to die, so how does this work for a team of 4 well equipped guys, motivated/decent at their job? Is there still a chance they will randomly die?

In Miranda the nurse absolutely loathes working the medical staff... the only thing she gets motivated doing is watering potatoes.

Go back.

I don't find lelracism jokes funny either but this shit is way more embarrassing

>precious
>healing spray supplies literally grow in your base

I bet you're one of those guys who save buff potions/scrolls in RPG for that "right moment" and end up never really using them. Guilty

>and end up never really using them.
I don't know how many forms the last boss has! It's not my fault

>precious healing spray
>not having dozens of golden crescents in storage because farms

LOL found the niggers! string em bois! ECKSDEEE!!

it's for the combat and survival numbers here, which come from the items you outfit the team with

Story NPCs have set skills.

Dan is for development.
Nicolas for food.
Miranda for medical.
Reeve for defence or exploration.

If they perform any worse than "positive results", their morale is probably fucked up.