Stocks or Real Estate?

Which is superior? Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

personal.vanguard.com/us/funds/snapshot?FundId=0585&FundIntExt=INT
personal.vanguard.com/us/funds/snapshot?FundId=0123&FundIntExt=INT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Real Estate

/thread

Crypto then real estate. Unless you are rich. Then buy ETH to hold and just stick to real estate.

options.

You can't live rent free inside your stock portfolio

I don't care if the real estate bubble crashes. I'm never selling my house. It's about being able to survive on very little money

spoken like a true wage-cope

both are good, if already are very well off and can just throw a couple hundred thousands after a few stocks here and there and forget about it for half a year

Why not both?

Fuck off

real estate returns are about 1/2 of index funds

plus with stocks you don't have to deal with finding tenants, dealing with niggers destroying your place and not paying, or having to get ripped off by some fly-by-night "property management" company.

stocks are pretty fucking badass man. pick the right one, it zooms up and pays you money.

If you invest in reits , any half brain with a calculator can beat 8% return with real estate

Nope. Not only do REITs come with lower performance than stocks, they also have a much higher tax burden. Truly the shitty middle child no one wanted between stocks and bonds.

personal.vanguard.com/us/funds/snapshot?FundId=0585&FundIntExt=INT
personal.vanguard.com/us/funds/snapshot?FundId=0123&FundIntExt=INT

>Not flipping

finally a thread that isn't cancerous crypto cuckery

bump

Stocks...liquidity is nice and you can generally get good returns for very little effort (indexing) if that's the route you want to take. It's also obviously much easier to diversify.

Real estate is a different ballgame. A bunch of my friends work in commercial real estate investment, the only way that their firms get good returns is by levering up a fuck ton...obviously it's a little different for a retail real estate investor but I'd still say stocks.

Dumb normies answer kek

Stock market of coures. Does real estate give you 5% inflation adjusted annual returns? Really? Didn't think so.

I don't really care. I spend my money on drugs and concert tickets and my girlfriend and I are happy.

Real estate is more fun.

>If you invest in reits , any half brain with a calculator can beat 8% return with real estate

Ok, explain your magical knowledge of the market inefficiency where REITs are magically more profitable than the general index fund market and market has not become aware of this massive inequality?

Buy a house to live in. Buy stocks to invest, and buy REITs if you want more exposure to the housing sector. Buying an illiquid asset like a house on 5x margin (mortgage) is a high risk investment for which the rewards are not especially high.

Crypto is a scam but anyone who participates deserves to get ripped off.

Real estate can allow for decent gains in the right conditions I suppose. It isn't the case where I live though.

Buying and selling is beyond my means (a cheap / average house goes for 800k-1.000.000$).

Buying and renting one would net an annual return of around 2.5% assuming there is always a tenant. This does not include taxes, repairs, tenants disappearing, etc. Not that good an investment for those amounts of money.

stocks are the gay. I lost $400 dollars on a company a week after I bought their shares because they filed chapter 11. Unless you have a big bankroll.

Stocks are safer and require less capital, in general they're good to put your assets into.
With real-estate, it's only worth it if you buy it after a market crash. Location is really important, however, so if you buy in a developing city at the right time you can get absurd 500% ROI. But this comes at the cost of having to research and time the market carefully, as you're putting up a lot more money.

Stocks won't get you rich. Real-estate will get you rich. At the same times stocks won't bankrupt you either. So it's probably best to have knowledge and experience in real-estate before going in. If you're young, I'd stick to stocks for the time being. But as you get older you might want to consider getting into real-estate, it's a great way to make money, and owning rentals is a very scaleable business.

My wife and I own three rentals, all three return between 10-17% p.a. also 60% capital gain over the last 2 years. Equity is under 50% across the board, so really it's all for the kids

Do your tenants give you a lot of work? How do you deal with repairs?

And when they drop they take many years to get back to where they were.

I'm looking to get into rentals, any help user?

Chapter 11 is not always a deathknell for companies. Many go up after this bankruptcy plan is approved. That said, it's 100% your fault for not doing the research and then going in without a stop-loss order in place. You deserve to have someone shit in your mouth.

t. Coping wage cuck

Stocks all the way. Real estate historical returns in usa for example is 0.5% annually. It's not not investment, real estate declines in value. Only local bubbles go up. Now we are entering the same state as japan in western world, rates and property taxes increase and prices go down long and slowly

Real estate also requires maintenance, upkeep and gets cheaper with age (older apartment costs less).

Stocks get more expensive, they fucking grow and pay you the returns from the amount that has grown.

Does RE do that? NOPE

>muh quadplex, muh sweat equity, muh flip
REAL real estate will get you rich
commercial buildings, industrial space, golf courses, etc.
you already have to be rich for that
the shitty plywood shacks in suburbia will not get you rich

Even buying a rental house in suburbia is pretty good. If you bought a 100K house on a 20 year loan, and rented it out. You'd have the rent covering the loan, plus additional fees, so you would gain ownership of a property without investing anything into it. Sure you might only make 25 dollars in hard cash. But in 5 years you'll make like 25 thousand, and remember that you can sell and get out anytime you want.

It's true that if you want to make more money in currency rather than property ownership then you should do something like an apartment building or some nice commercial real-estate. But there's no reason to denigrate traditional forms of real estate. There is plenty of money to be made in all forms of real estate, and I know plenty of people who have made money doing so. You don't have to be rich, it's possible to start with just a loan. But I will admit that the rate of profit increases exponentially once you gain more capital to invest.

A lot of the money you make from real estate is from gaining equity on the property or renting/leasing the property. No one really buys property because they think the land might go up in value.