T. /gsg/ - Traditional Grand Strategy Generwl

How fares your empire, t. /gsg/?

This day in history, 5th of March:
363 – Roman Emperor Julian moves from Antioch with an army of 90,000 to attack the Sasanian Empire, in a campaign which would bring about his own death.
1933 – Adolf Hitler's Nazi Party receives 43.9% at the Reichstag elections, which allows the Nazis to later pass the Enabling Act and establish a dictatorship.
1953 – Joseph Stalin, the longest serving leader of the Soviet Union, dies at his Volynskoe dacha in Moscow after being hit by a cerebral hemorrhage.
1974 – Yom Kippur War: Israeli forces withdraw from the west bank of the Suez Canal.

# Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
DH DD 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058632/
DH 1.05 Patch 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058633/

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>[V2] - Niggermod
pastebin.com/Xgjd5LvG

>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.2
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>[V2] - Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>[V2] - Cold War Enhancement Mod
github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE

>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>[CK2] - When the World Stopped Making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G9FJQqRTfBU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

White post

stop tainting the name of t./gsg/

great post

*farts absolutism*

thanks

How can you play this? It's just a bunch of blobs. Apparently the highlands support a huge Canadian empire, Hormuz controls an arbitrary blob over half of Arabia and Persia, there isn't one believable country here.

holy shit do you have 1487 other memes like this

nvm figured it out

yeah

so fucking EPIIICCCCCCCC my dude!!!! nice ebin grob blob : ) so cool

I FUCKING LOVE BLOBBING ECKS DEE
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

based kikekilla2233

Who is this for exactly? I don't find it funny, does anyone?

and no one finds your super epbin eu4 blob interesting faggot

roman empire isnt blobbing.

How could you even make a modern gsg without it being boring as shit?

Play as a globalist corporation/bank.

So instead of playing a Nation state you'd play as a corporation?

Add proxy wars and spheres of influence. For example you could opt to fund Houthis as Russia, or play to Erdogan's delusions to get Turkey out of NATO and open a path for directly moving Russian troops to Syria and Iraq.

Victoria 2 style POPs/Diplomacy
HoI style military combat (simplified a little but still able to do encirclement and shit) + the addition of asymmetric warfare simulation

>+ the addition of asymmetric warfare simulation
I'd also want the ability to play as rebel groups, the same way governments in exile/partisans work in HoI3. Imagine playing as the IRA or Vietcong in this way.

Vicky 2's pops and economy with HoI3's combat

What would be the start and end date of this thing 1946-1992 or all the way up to present day?

Depends if it's a modern day game or a cold war game. 1992+ for modern day, 1946 for CW.

either 1950-2050 or 1945-2050 and you start immediately in the aftermath of WWII including alternate history options for peace treaty decisions/rebuilding infrastructure.

1950 would be better, so you can start as East/West Germany, South/North Korea, and Israel/Palestine. If it was 1946 you'd have to play a few years as the USSR or the US/UK, which is just annoying.

Reminder that Huey Long did nothing wrong

Hi guys, i've just finished spending the day looking at HOI4 and EU4 meme videos on Youtube, and i'm very interested in trying these games out.

Which one do you guys think i should start with? I'm looking for a very fun and immersive experience of conquest and expansion.

EU4 go for a Prussia game man :)

hahahahaha! epic bait 484
the new IP really makes it quite believable

Need to add some ! and :) desu

nvm figured it out jaja

afpg make me a distributist italian(roman) empire flag pls

wouldn't that just turn all your POPs into farmers

WE

whenwe

Reminder that any (((people))) who play Paradox games other than Magicka or Cities: Skylines should be unironically gassed

user I didn't smile as a joke I smiled because I sincerely wish him the best of luck in whatever he chooses to do

comfiest country in EUIV bros???

Japan

Ternate

Wallachia

i'm surprised nobody has suggested this yet but the comfiest is uninstall.exe

ok lads im playing as somalia in dh kr
what should my goals be

Im playing an old version so this may have something to do with it, but it feels like there's never enough resources in HPM. Even at the end of the game there's nearly no industrialization anywhere. Almost no one has standing armies because there aren't enough resources to build them.

Jews are responsible for the mongol invasion of europe

Jews are responsible for the yayoi migration into jomon japan.

Niggas iffy, uh
Dick stiffy uh,
Cum real sticky uh
Tryna dick me
Booty hold 50 cocks

In NY my niggas don’t milly rock we only suck da cock

pop my booty like a wheelie nigga
im foreally nigga

>HIP disables viceroyalties
I mean I can live with the shitty UI but this is too much

Jews are responsible for the g*rm migration into baltic prussia.

does HFM have anything cool that would make me want to play it instead of HPM/niggermod?

Not really. I thought so since its no longer in the rules tab but instead, when you give out a king or duchie title, you then have the option to grant it has a viceroyalty.

it's da joos

Yeah it's called everybody's wank for a reason. You can do a Spainwank Francewank and a few more

*kills ur 240 year alliance*

Jews are responsible for cute anime girls.

Wtf I love jews now

Is HFM better than HPM? I was having issues with HPM and didn't just want to go back to vanilla.

Watching videos from Waking the Tiger pre release right now. It's really sad, the decisions and commander skill trees are a bunch of arbitrary mana sinkholes. The promised AI fix only fixes the problem that the AI won't push through holes in your frontline and now it actually uses fallback likes and what not. But it's still really bad in strategically redeploying, garrisoning ports and cities and combat in general. Still haven't seen paratrooper spam so at least there is hope that is fixed. Oh and peace conferences are still atrocious
Conclusion: Waking the tiger is another heap of shit. The main feature of this DLC are national focuses, Paradox just tried to make it look otherwise else the playerbase would be outraged at another national focus DLC. HoI4 is still not a good game.

I've never ever played a Germany game in Vic2 but I want to get in on the memes. Is Austrai or Prussia better? I just hate all the fucking sphere micromanaging that is an essential part of Germany forming.

>blobbing

>there isn't one believable country here.
All of them are

Forming Germany is probably the easiest thing you can do in vic2, I formed it when I first started playing and had no idea what I was doing

Hàpßbòùrģ Spain
Stay absolute monarchy

*dismantles ur colonial empire*

what a shit game

*unleashes new ip)

I bought EUIV in a sale. Should I even bother playing it or should I just pirate III. I have all the dlc from the Russian Hackers.

EU4 isn't great but honestly, if you play with MEIOU it's better than EU3. Just don't play vanilla whatever you do, unless it's a game or two just to get the mechanics down (which MEIOU will mostly change anyway).

I really fucking hate the paradox forums. All the bullshit you need to do really validates the jew memes. Can't even look at shit without proving you've bought their games with dlc and tip.

wish paradox had any competitor so they couldn't get away with their bullshit

What the fuck, I connected my steam account to their stupid fucking forum but my games aren't populating the list.

God i hate Paradox

So do I.

Did you buy the forum dlc?

this is unironically me

Ah fuck it. If people want to believe in Jesus I'm not going to stop them, there's already a bunch of muslim in my nation anyway. People will be free to worship whoever they want isthis island

Reminder for janitors, mods, admin, and the cancerous brain damaged cuck op to get sick of cancer and die in their own shit.

Are mods/jannies killing /gsg/ threads? I don't visit often but it seems like the past few have been pruned.

I've migrated my people into Africa and am currently in the process of Germanizing, Feudalizing and Christianizing Mali. The problem is my Techlevel is non existant and I barely make money is it a sound investment to borrow from jews and make more cities? doesn't help that I've had the business focus for 30 years and I haven't got a trade route yet

Dead general
Dead game

Hi lads, I just made my first video for the brand new youtube channel I've created about Paradox games. R8 it and subscribe if u wanna see some EU4 meme (not timelapse) videos on this week c:

youtube.com/watch?v=G9FJQqRTfBU

Also who can explain me the fuck Timurids are so OP in this patch and Russia keep staying low literally every game?

The only people who are killing /gsg/ are the people who post in /gsg/ threads

You have 30 seconds to post your favourite minor nation in HOI4 and why.

GO
Mine: South Africa. Gotta go Fascist and make Africa white again.

And you both have 30 secs to explain who linked you to this place.
alri dotty

literally is dotty, same filename and everything
stop banevading you fucking retard

I've visited /gsg/ on and off for years. Fuck you.

This has had no influence from me beyond me marrying everyone involved.

You can't have everything you want. That's the Papal State down there. Once I have a new computer I will never play this abomination of a game again.

fart on me

*farts directly next to, but not upon*

Time to fuck some Anglos

Anglo Status: fucked

I hope you're looking down from Heaven, Napoleon.

cropping

Gib me the rest of Africa bby

Is there a way to play MEIOU without that ugly map mod built-into it? I hate those washed out colors.

make you're own

>Is there a way to play MEIOU without that ugly map mod built-into it? I hate those washed out colors.