/mcg/ - Minecraft General

Modded just works edition
Previous thread 1. WELCOME

We discuss Minecraft, modpacks, projects, build ideas, etc.
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated for feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here, use the list from the link below to advertise it.

[!] Performance problems in 1.10+: use foamfix+Optifine (turn off terrain animation)

2. NEWS

[23 jan 2018] the thaumcraft
[02 jan 2018] The oldest news in this OP are now 1 year old. Congratulations for never updating this shit

[31 dec 2017] MultiMC5 0.6.0 is out, featuring easy downloading of Curse modpacks and more.
>multimc.org/posts/0-6-update.html

>[2017/Jun/30] Noodlor's Castle Collection is completed! Including a world-download:
imgur.com/a/NeywO

>[2017/May/14] GoG update is finished:
mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228948-grimoire-of-gaia

>[2017/Jan/02] asie has been working on FoamFix, FabricMC and others.
asie.pl/foamfix/
github.com/FabricMC

3. USEFUL LINKS

>/mcg/ General text (to contribute news and info for the next thread)
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op

>Modding Tools & documentation:
mcforge.readthedocs.io

>Curse downloader
github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader

>how2dostuff for newfags
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq

>Server list (own a server? Please move to the new Serblist.com)
serblist.com
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ (Old)

>Ideas & Inspiration
mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
elworrier.imgur.com/
imgur.com/a/JPif9

>Castlefag's map
mega.nz/#!h3hi0TQR!areDzeQYr6RACXyDX-HE49BEIePIHze3liNoXg6Dhqg

>Cracked MultiMC for Linuxfags
anonfile.com/UcRapfdcbb/multimc-cracked.tar.gz

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BKpWH4dmaQk
reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/2k4g19/customized_preset_a_world_generation_thats_well/
dropbox.com/s/ishd2o76vs9ulue/Comfy Serb.zip?dl=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Now featuring me forgetting to change the previous thread link

I don't frequent this general, but god damn i just had some nostalgia for leggos.

What texture packs does everyone here use? I'm looking for a 1.12 one that isn't necessarily compatible with mods but doesn't break Minecraft's aesthetic such that mod textures look out of place.

Unity of course, a few mods these days have "Unity-style" textures anyway, so it works out well

So what are the new hot shit mods for 1.12.2 anyways?

Unity is the best "default but better" pack I've seen that also has a great deal of specific mod compatibility.

I also use Pixel Reality - Luminance for nicer lighting without going full shader autism.

What world gen for 1.10.2?

RTG and turn up the aesthetic biomes like mesa.

Don't die.

>play modded world
>i shouldnt need a backup mod, right?
>get invested enough to start planning builds
>computer crashes and world never exits loaded state
>no idea how to recover world
every fucking time

>copy world folder
>paste world folder

>copy corrupt files
>paste corrupt files

That's to back it up friend.

thred is dead so I'm going to ask fundamental question our mankind can never solve
What is best TerrafirmaCraft pack?

Crashing due to the disarming enchant combine with the thorn on your armor.

>play modded world
>i shouldnt need a backup mod, right?
And that's where you fucked up.

I have been away for some time. Any new maps or releases? There were a few mapfags last time o checked.

Any /mcg/ servers other than the ones posted in the OP?

I think everybody posts them in the serblist. There was a new one last thread and I think that's there too. It's Comfy serb.

Interesting, I'll check it out. What time do the servers in the serblist become active?

I don't know; I only play singleplayer like any sane autist.

All you need for TFC is the mod itself, some QoL shit like NEI, and whichever addons float your boat. If you need a pre-built pack for that I would legitimately question your intelligence.

Unless you also want off-theme meme garbage like Flaxbeards, in which case you are a cad and a disgrace to your ancestors.

Caslefag? How's that guide coming up?

I am not him.

What's the difference between the Java version and the Windows 10 version?

Java can be modded
Win 10 can't but runs better
Win 10 has microtransactions

Mods. The Windows 10 version has no mods
You can also run the Java version in any computer, while you need Windows 10 for the Windows 10 version (duh)

The Windows 10 version also looks worse, but runs better

Oh, also, redstone is pretty different on win10. you can piston tile entities but iy doesn't have the featurebugs that make redstone in java interesting (like no quasiconnectivity)

I also added mine to the serblist last thread as well. (Monumenta) We've had at least two anons from here join since then.
Sort of an MMO based around the CTM adventure genre, like Super Hostile or Ragecraft.
Here's a simple explanation for anyone interested. We'd love to have more of y'all come play.
youtube.com/watch?v=BKpWH4dmaQk

please dont ded

this thread is so slow, it may die early. Take a bump

Should I build an actual factory or make a dwarf factory in the mountain?

I miss the old 1.2.5 Technic pack desu

Does anyone have that stripmine shaft spacing efficiency graph from a bit back?

whats the best hd texture pack?

Reminds me of post cataclysm barrens

Is there a chest that works like a Void Jar? As in, you can put in as many items as you want until it fills up, but if you put any more items they get deleted?

There are void upgrades for drawers and also /dev/null.

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for.

It's on the wiki. The most efficient spacing is 6 blocks.

Extra Utilities has something like that in the versions of meme.

Above-ground complexes are always better. Big ugly concrete grimewells need to be contrasted with a natural biome so you can fully appreciate Earth-chan getting POLLUTED.

>the creator of that pic was so mentally challenged they had to take that bubble from an actual doujin and stick it on their shit SAI mouse drawing instead of just making it probably because they didn't even know how to

That actually looks really fucking cool, Ill join it after work today I think

Glad to hear it user. I'd also suggest joining the Discord. I'm "Aristotle" on there. Shoot me a DM if you have questions.

Too bright.

That looks interesting but still too vanilla. Cliffs (specially wide ones) are a thing that most terrain gens lack desu.

Are there only 3 cross platform servers or are there more?

>still too vanilla
It actually is vanilla, just not the default terrain gen.

As a conversation starter, what are the neat new mods that have cropped up within the last year?

That's what I tought, it's the custom presets for worldgen which are present in meme versions isn't it? You know how can I replicate a terrain like that? Just the hills.

is there a mod that let you have sex with animals? My friend wanted one on our server

>my friend

Here's a link to discussion on the preset itself
reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/2k4g19/customized_preset_a_world_generation_thats_well/
you might be able to tinker with the values to isolate it to just creating the hills without the floating disk islands, I'd not be able to help you there though

The big memeversion mods are Roots, Embers, Astral Sorcery and Rustic. Not including any mods from pre 1.10 like Botania and Immersive Engineering.

>Roots
>Embers
Incomplete shit made by a gigantic faggot.
>Astral Sorcery
Looks good but has some painful design decisions.
>Rustic
No idea.

Rustic mostly just adds aesthetic shit. It's included in a lot of packs and adds some new crafting mechanics.

So, it's been a few years since I played this shit. Are the new versions worth bothering with? I've heard some people complain that 1.10+ became bloatware CPU kill, is that true? I just wanna play survival on my laptop and have it run decently, don't care for any of the fluff.

My computer is a couple years old and can handle 1.10 fine. 1.11 was pretty much skipped. No idea about 1.12. you basically choose between 1.10 and 1.7.10 if you want a good mod selection.

Where can I find mods for beta 1.7.3?

Reminder to play on comfyserb: finally stable edition

Fuck servers.

give link to modpack

what is it like?

how much progress have you guys already made?

I was looking through the mod list and you should really curate it more. You have a lot of things that are just redundant or made obsolete by other mods. You also have embers which is just a tech mod with a slight magic skin. You also have a bunch of stuff like zombie awareness or sword skills while playing on easy with nothing added to make mods harder. I understand its a "comfy" serb but for fucks sake, theme it toward something. if you wanna play it easy, don't bother with all the mob related mods.
You've got pam's without any reason to have have pam's and you have it running alongside mods that add strictly better food in all respects.
Also if you're gonna add recurrent complex, fucking curate it. At the very least turn off all trees if you're gonna run it alongside dynamic trees.
Also you have fucking 4 extra dimensions and also dimension doors. Erebus is still buggy and wip on 1.12. TF is fine, Betweenlands is very very poorly optimized. I have no idea why you felt hunting dimension was required after those 3 and dimension doors.
Any sense of progression on that server is all sorts of fucked up because you've clearly just slapped some mods together and called it a day.
You also have some mods that are just laggy and or buggy but its your server and if its running fine then that's o.k.

why are there no tech mods?

this is honestly one of most bloated and stupid ass packs I've ever seen

By "fluff" do you mean mods? Because just vanilla-wise, there's no reason to keep using 1.7.10. The performance is bad but manageable in all but the worst cases, and most of the content updates are bearable if not exactly mind-blowing. The major thing is whether you can stomach the new combat mechanics, since that's something impossible to ignore (and a fair number of people REALLY don't like them.)

The main reason some people still use 1.7.10 is because there are a couple of older staple mods that are still stuck on that version (well, that and autism.)

Does the user who used to post his Tamriel builds to /tgesg/ browse here? I'd like to see your progress friend

dropbox.com/s/ishd2o76vs9ulue/Comfy Serb.zip?dl=0
Magic+exploration pack

>You also have embers which is just a tech mod with a slight magic skin
probably the biggest thing that defince where a mod is magic or tech is the aesthetics as theres no set gameplay rules for either of those categories, i wouldnt group it with ender io or TE.
>You also have a bunch of stuff like zombie awareness or sword skills while playing on easy with nothing added to make mods harder
Zombie awareness is supposed to make it harder, along with primitive mobs and all the extra dimensions with hard mobs all around, the difficulty is normal.
>dynamic trees.
not in thee pack anymore
>You also have a bunch of stuff like zombie awareness or sword skills while playing on easy with nothing added to make mods harder
wouldn't be much of an exploration mod without anything to explore, and I havent had any issues with the dimensions so far

but why

because

That actually looks like a temple rather than a shitty hut on a bunch of tardpoles though.

nobody would build one 300 feet in the air like that though

I would.

>not building your temple high up to be closer to your god

Look at this faithless heathen and laugh

I was mildly interested before, but to be honest your lazy English and complete deflection of criticism has set me straight on that.

>if you don't do everything i say right now it's pathetic deflection
we don't want you either

Thanks for letting me know user

who is we?

Is there any way to be able to make new areas to play in? Wishful thinking but I'd love to make giant temples, ruins and whatnot for people to venture in.

Yeah, we've got a build shard you can build stuff in for possible inclusion into the game. Coordinate with members of staff and there's a good chance it can get into future areas. One entire city was added to the game after a player built it themselves. Is now populated with quests and stuff.

>not remembering the tower of babel

bumping it once.

I love these canopy trees.

Every time I'm in my Witchery room I get these weird effects, like slowness or paralysis. Is this intentional or what the fuck is going on? My hobgoblins keep randomly dying also which is.. not good.

Just built a new PC and I can finally run minecraft whith shaders at max settings without blowing up my CPU fan. what's the cool new mod mix everyones playing?

Their own.

the tower of babel was destroyed because the god it's builders worshipped didn't like people cooperating.

>I'm gonna break your tower and make all of you speak different languages so you can never cooperate again!

This.

yea lol no

well i tried playin but the game always gets stuck loading all the fuckin models then crashes